Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for random.thought

Real Name random.thought   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname random.thought
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2005, 18:26
Total Comments 362 (Amateur)
User ID 23573

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Stargate SG-1 Development Halted
41. Re: jowood Aug 5, 2005, 20:19 random.thought

Unfortunately, i don't need encouragement. Although fortunately, i've lost interest.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: jowood Aug 5, 2005, 19:18 random.thought

Why don't you two lovebirds go play a game of sims online and have virtual sex. You happy now?

No, i'm sad, because up until now i had no idea you could have virtual sex in Sims Online. I missed out on a lot of virtual sex.

34. Re: jowood Aug 5, 2005, 19:05 random.thought

Bit sad that your trying to continue with it frankly.

It's a bit sad that i'm the only one who sees the irony in this statement by the fact that you continue posting, too. If i'm a troll, by the way, then your "pissing in the ocean" comment makes you not only a troll as well, but a very unwitty one at that. Although it's easier to label people with names when you're #2 in a 2-person battle of wits, though, i suppose. So i don't blame you. It's ok.

32. Re: jowood Aug 5, 2005, 18:53 random.thought

You sure you want to get into this? Shrug, ok.

Pissing in the ocean? But i guess, since you're SO important and all, and your penis is SO large, getting a -1 from you must be like getting a lightning bolt thrown at me from god himself. You wouldn't know it, but i'm sitting in my office chair, literally fucking SMITED by you. I'm charred and black and missing limbs, it's crazy! Man, you're just so fucking cool. I wish i could be as cool as you, and as important and absolutely right as you. Damn, we could all only hope to be the forum poster of steel that is @madeus. Gaming media is so in awe of your predictions, that they're scrambling to get exclusive interviews with you, and millions bow to you in your wisdom. Analysts worldwide publish articles praising your all-seeing prescience. You're the Nostradamus of the 21st fucking century!

Get over yourself.

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 18:56.

28. Re: jowood Aug 5, 2005, 18:33 random.thought

+1 to me for correct use of forum tags. Too bad this isn't slashdot. Nice try though, champ.

25. Re: jowood Aug 5, 2005, 18:27 random.thought

I remember being very critial from the start (and posting about it here when news came out).

Well aren't you just the HRose of bluesnews. I suppose you want a cookie, or a brownie, or something? HRose always did. Unfortunately, the rest of us always hated his self-important ass. The cookies, incidentally, were not forthcoming.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. SP Demo
97. Re: OK Kiddies Aug 5, 2005, 17:08 random.thought

Being a gamer for longer then most ppl on this board, I know games.

You win. Since YOU KNOW GAMES, and all. I can't believe that the past 22 years i've been playing these game-thingamajigs, i've been wrong, all wrong! I want to cry, but oddly, laughter is coming out instead.

If your happy with the way this game runs and looks on your mid to high end PC, then Monolith and Sierra will be happy as pigshit because now they can make mediocre games for your kind.

You arrogant little prick. Who do you think you are? What gives you the right to appoint yourself the sole authority on "good games"? For our kind? For our kind?! You realize that you've pretty much destroyed any future attempt at anyone here taking you seriously ever again? Oh well, if you shit where you eat, you're bound to end up eating shit.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. SP Demo
77. Re: PLUGGERS Aug 5, 2005, 16:31 random.thought

Please... stop plugging this game..

Oh please, you fucking whiner. It's apparently not good enough for you to wallow in your own jaded gaming misery, you have to make sure to drown all the rest of us in your depressing little world. Man, it must suck to be you. I bet you're the guy at the bachelor party who complains that the stripper tore a button on your shirt when she was giving you a lapdance. Say whatever you want about the game, because that's your right, but don't impose it on everyone else.

Firstly, you can say all you want on how 'great' the game looks

I'm glad we understand each other. Now go back to writing poems about death and leave us the hell alone.

Good demo, btw.

News Comments > Dark Messiah of Might & Magic Announced
31. Re: No subject Aug 4, 2005, 20:47 random.thought

New World is dead. Ubisoft just bought up the rights. Can they really do a decent M&M game without Jon Van Caneghem? Maybe. But why does it say "fantasy action game"? Does "fantasy action game" sound like "RPG" to you? Don't you think they would have used an industry standard naming scheme like "RPG" if that is what they wanted customers to expect?

Yes, why does it say fantasy action game? Don't you think they would have used an industry standard naming scheme like "FPS" if that is what they wanted customers to expect?

Is the Source engine up to putting 50 bad guys on the screen like MM6 had? Is that what it's good at? No.

What exactly, then, would you say the Source engine is "good at"? I'll remind you that Source is a game engine, and the way that it is utilized is completely up to the developer that licenses it. They're not modding HL2. They're making a game, from scratch. Would you say that the Unreal Engine 2 is "good at" MMORPG's? Most people wouldn't, and yet, there's Vanguard, Lineage 2, and Chronicles of Spellborn, fucking your shit all up.

I don't think it's that hard to tell what kind of game this is probably going to be. *shrug*

You know what i think? I think you said something stupid, but can't own up to it. Contrary to what people who have actually seen it have said, and the last first-person game these devs made, you're still sticking to it. Well if for nothing else, i applaud your odor-like persistence.

23. Re: Sounds great! Aug 4, 2005, 17:24 random.thought

What does "a new first-person ACTION GAME for the PC" mean to you?? Right. Thought so.

Enjoy your FPS.

Interesting. I thought that "first-person action game" stood for "first-person action game." I could be wrong though. English not so good, senor.

Fact is, it doesn't "indicate" anything, my cute little trolls. By your definition the "first person action game" known as Ultima Underworld is also an FPS. So is Morrowind, Daggerfall, Arx Fatalis, etc. None of which are FPS games.

Please try again.

12. Re: No subject Aug 4, 2005, 16:13 random.thought

Uh, folks, Might & Magic has always been a first-person RPG. Don't be trolls. There are many games that use engines commonly associated with FPS's that aren't FPS's themselves. I bet you're the same people who went "OMGWTFROFLHAX BIOWARE IS MAKANG AN FPS ROFL LOL!@!#" when they licensed Unreal Engine 3. Give these guys a fucking break.

Oh joy, like the world doesn't have enough FPS games already. Geez - this is lame. Where's the RPG? Hello, Ubisoft?

Where the hell does it say FPS? Posts like yours make baby jesus cry.

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: No subject Aug 2, 2005, 19:22 random.thought

I don't care much what the subject matter of the game is. If it's a good game, then it's a good game, and i'll probably play it. If the subject matter offends me, i don't have to play it. It's that simple.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Demo Friday
16. Re: Cant wait Aug 2, 2005, 18:05 random.thought

FEAR the hype.

F.E.A.R. the acronyms! This seems to be some kind of weird T.R.E.N.D. lately.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
26. Re: No subject Aug 2, 2005, 17:45 random.thought

Ditto! I guess it was too hard to come up with a response this time, eh? Saves me some posting time!

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Demo Friday
2. Re: Cant wait Aug 2, 2005, 17:34 random.thought

eagerly anticipated, award-winning

I stopped reading right... there.

24. Re: No subject Aug 2, 2005, 17:28 random.thought

Here we go again. Judging from the way you react when someone insults your game of choice (BF2) you don't have any room to talk, bud. Maybe you should take your own advice? Again, you're talking about opinions -- i find the FF games to be quite enjoyable, and in fact i generally couldn't care less about the cutscenes. The pre-PSX FF games were more enjoyable to me than the movie-ridden ones. By the way, when's the last time you saw a commercial for a game that WASN'T pre-rendered cutscene smoke 'n mirrors goodness? I just watched the one for the Fantastic Four game... hmm, no gameplay there. Odd.

Don't step into the middle of something you have no business being in the middle of, boy.

21. Re: No subject Aug 2, 2005, 16:30 random.thought

The insult was meant to be good humored, not something people take mutli-sentance and vulgarity offense to.

Oh, well since you MEANT it to be good humored, i humbly retract my vulgarity. The next time someone throws a good-humored insult my way, i'll be sure to do the same. After all, the road to hell was paved with the best intentions.

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 16:32.

17. Re: No subject Aug 2, 2005, 14:52 random.thought

The guy that created Final Fantasy is 360 exclusive, which should help you console RPG nuts, or as I call them, CGI movie fans.

Way to throw an insult into what was otherwise a good point. I don't suppose it matters that i enjoy RPG's of many kinds, including Fallout, older Ultimas, Wizardries, etc. Just because they're not your thing, doesn't mean the games don't have merit. I guess you've never played a single game in your life that had CGI, and gasp, maybe even liked it? Asshole.

Also, the fact that the guy behind a few FF's is working on the 360 doesn't mean that that the "next big FF" is coming to the 360 -- although Square has said it may be interested in supporting 360 in some way. When i see the game(s) this guy's producing for them, then i'll decide. D.W. Bradley, who is the "father" of the greatest of the Wizardry series, was considered one of the most brilliant RPG designers when he was at Sirtech. After leaving them to produce titles for Heuristic Park, he churned out such memorable crap as Wizards & Warriors and Dungeon Lords. For this, i'd like to use an ironic OldManMurray/IGN quote:

"There's a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person," says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex.

14. Re: No subject Aug 2, 2005, 13:36 random.thought

True, but Kutaragi himself has now already mentioned twice that the PS3 is going to be "expensive", and that he feels that "People need to think that they will work harder because they want to own one".

Expensive compared to....? Exactly. There is nothing to compare it to yet. Nobody's released confirmed prices and there is no comparison. The fact that Kutaragi is a loon is nothing new, when that guy opens his mouth i cover my ears.

I'm not that worried to be honest. If it's expensive, oh well. Unless Final Fantasy XXIV or whatever comes to the 360 (which it might!), i'll still be buying it. People may think it's odd, but that's the only reason i bought my PS2. And PS1. Not to mention the rumour mill churning out stuff about the FFVII remake, which is pretty much solidified as PS3-exclusive if it happens. Sigh.

*hugs FF library*

362 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo