Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JeffD

Real Name JeffD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 31, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 245 (Novice)
User ID 23570

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 18, 2013, 21:56 JeffD

I dont think this is it, but I am expecting any day for bitcoin to crash off the face of the earth. I am expecting some kind of exploit hack to create bitcoins to be the smoking gun, although I don't expect to many people will be happy that bitcoin has droped %50 in 6 months.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VIII
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VIII Dec 5, 2013, 21:25 JeffD

Be prepared.... prepared to spend %40 of your time battling trash mobs so you can stock up on heals. Prepared to try and understand final fantasies most complex and worse elemental stat system. Prepared for the worst storyline involving time travel..ish.. storylines.. ever told.

Wonder if its as bad of a copy over port that the steam ff7 was.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Dec 1, 2013, 17:22 JeffD

Rocktar already unveiled the PAID source of the image, the models name is Shelby Welinder.

You get NOTHING! You LOSE! Good day sir!

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 30, 2013, 15:01 JeffD

Ozmo, please tell me you did not just say that. That is exactly %100 of what bill gates thought when he said why would you need more than 640k memory. You can't think of not supporting something just because the reason to do it does not exhist. Thats like saying why make 3d cards on pc when no 3d games that use it exhist. Or why make VGA graphic cards when all the software and image formats out there only run EGA colors.  

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Nov 24, 2013, 14:53 JeffD

Free cheat codes are being replaced by pay cheat codes.. another reason I'll pass on console games. Trainers bitch.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 17, 2013, 17:36 JeffD

fantaz, unfortunatly the amount of cpu/gpu time to mine a coin has gotten really long. You would likely be spending as much money powering the computer as well as increasing your AC bill if you tried to use idle cycles on a high end computer. There is some money in building a setup that uses hardware addons that specifically are for mining bitcoins.

IMO however bitcoins are a lottery, not a legit form of money. Bitcoins are manufactured, money is not. Bitcoins are obtained from doing no real work, the computations the computers do are thrown out and thus MAKE no actual money. Money is obtained in real work when you do a service or produce a product that you then sell.

Bitcoin is waiting.. waiting for that one day that a viral report of a hack comes through (I say viral, it can be just a half hack or minor exploit, but the right news story could do just as much damage) enough to cause a huge sell off and the lottery will be over, the fastest sellers will be the winners.

News Comments > Skullgirls Free Weekend
2. Re: Skullgirls Free Weekend Nov 15, 2013, 00:26 JeffD

Which is what you feel like you got when dropping money on this game.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 14, 2013, 08:35 JeffD

Julio wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 06:22:
I wonder what the fps comparison is on NFS Rivals on PS4 vs Xbox720.

I have found that NFS games have all generally ran at a good clip on PC at high resolutions. They haven't really exceeded the limits of the systems, especially when you consider their tracks are less detailed than GTA. The last couple of games after after SHIFT have actually been worse imo. I haven't bothered to look at rivals yet.

11. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 12, 2013, 01:21 JeffD

PC gaming... free of big company bullshit since 1981  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
5. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 10, 2013, 01:33 JeffD

Redmask wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 16:17:
I saw Microsoft banned that guys console even though he got it legitimately early, that's some total bullshit. He was giving them good PR too. They are just a company of short sighted idiots, it's incredible.

If I was Sony I'd seize the moment and send him a free PS4.

The system isn't expecting ANY users on xbox one live, I would be worried if it DIDN'T ban them! Still before you all get your panties in a wad, wait until release day to see if they are still "banned" from the console they are not supposed to have.

News Comments > Warhammer Online Goes Free Until Closure
2. Re: Warhammer Online Goes Free Until Closure Nov 3, 2013, 11:50 JeffD

Apparently no one can be bothered with f2p and mythc  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
30. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 28, 2013, 16:23 JeffD

Creston wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 16:09:

We had a game like that. It sold pretty decently too. Then its devs decided to make Armageddon instead of a sequel.

I'd hardly classify red faction as a physics destruction marvel since the game really didn't have any physics.

The difficulty does rely however on having buildings to be completely modeled. This is not really a hardware issue (We haven't rendered polygons we can't see in ages and detail levels inside can be managed with LOD) but manpower to design all the rooms and connect them internally. This is pretty much why we have seen very little interest in complex physics, we lack enough complex terrain that we can actually blow up. We still need that open world where all buildings are complete.

26. Re: Good bye dvd format Oct 28, 2013, 15:46 JeffD

BitWraith wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 15:34:
The PC seems to be skipping Blu-Ray altogether in favor of downloads (steam).

Yea but that was when the largest download was 18 gigs... when a game is 49 gigs I think we're going to see a shift back to store bought boxes for most. I've purchased older games dirt cheap on steam just for the sake of having steam manage storing my old games, but I still pretty much buy all new games from the store. Installing from disc is so much faster.

22. Good bye dvd format Oct 28, 2013, 15:22 JeffD

You know, I'm surprised no one mentioned this, but I think with the release of the next gen consoles and its games, and game ports to pc, we could be seeing a quick and drastic changeover from dvd to blueray disc on the pc front. Considering I don't know of any games released on blueray yet, this could be a huge wakeup call for pc owners like me who haven't upgraded their dvdr. -_-

Somehow I can't see Ghost coming out on 7 DVD's.

News Comments > CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM
41. Re: CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM Oct 24, 2013, 02:08 JeffD

El Pit wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 01:42:
2 GB - 11.88%
4 GB - 21.46%
8 GB - 25.42%
12 GB or higher - 10.60%

wow 8gb is the norm? I feel so bad now with my still 4gb gaming pc.

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 18, 2013, 20:46 JeffD

There is good reason EA hasn't seen a dime from me in over a decade. There is no port bullshit here.. they are intentional gimping the pc version because they were paid to.  

News Comments > DICE: Linux Needs "One Killer App or Game"
16. Re: DICE: Linux Needs Oct 13, 2013, 15:00 JeffD

Linux needs a killer linux! If Linux distros ran as good, looked as good, and was as easy to use as MacOS, we would see alot more users on it. We need to stop the 10 million graphical front end and just center on one. We don't NEED all these choices.. what we need is something we can install that is as easy to use and looks as good as the current 2 consumer operating systems.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 25, 2013, 03:39 JeffD

In todays age you have a lot of assholes who will use unlimited data plans to be their permanent ISP replacement, and THAT is what is unsustainable. I am actually perfectly fine with limits... I just ask 2 things. #1 that the cap be something pretty high.. 5-10 gigs is perfect for heavy cell phone use but will shut down any fool trying to download HD movies because it is his only internet connection. #2 fast data rates. If I am accessing data on the go, I don't have time to be dicking around with my phone waiting for it to try and pull up web pages. Currently im with virgin mobile and this one is a bit of a problem.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 24, 2013, 04:38 JeffD

Hey, you shut your whore mouth!  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
6. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 24, 2013, 01:32 JeffD

Nathos wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 21:24:
Free to play....fail to pay. Same thing.

I have to laugh at this. Consider how many successful subscription based MMOs there were.. and how many successful free to play MMOs there are. Subs aint winning.

Also whats GW2 classified as.. pay once? or f2p even though everyone drops at least $49? Well considering were still getting overflows and no servers are merging.... what every they are doing is working awesome.

245 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo