Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JeffD

Real Name JeffD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 31, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 233 (Novice)
User ID 23570

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Save Your WoW Patches
1. No subject Oct 18, 2008, 19:22 JeffD

they say this but I went to go copy the patch to apply to my laptop and low and behold..no patch files on my desktop, anywhere. Apparently it deletes itself.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Fable II Sep 30, 2008, 13:29 JeffD

Ahh yes... the good ole "why delay an unfinished game when you can patch it later?"

I'll have to remind them that when I pull the ole "Why buy it now when I can download it and pay for it later?"

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Bungie Sep 27, 2008, 19:24 JeffD

Consumer: Game companies will soon profit from no sales with attitudes like that.

News Comments > Direct Nerve Force Feedback System
2. No subject Sep 26, 2008, 02:04 JeffD

April first comes twice a year now

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Bungie sucks Sep 25, 2008, 23:58 JeffD

bungienet is a fail web site. Even though it loads fine, it will kick you out if you dont have java script enabled.

News Comments > On Spore Piracy
37. Re: No subject Sep 14, 2008, 16:25 JeffD

[VG]Reagle, DRM does nothing to pirates. Aside from online content, we generally get the best version of the game, and sooner then it hits the stores too.

Its all the "legal beagles" out there that get shafted with the crappy DRM infested version of the game.

Do I pirate everything? nope.. I own the halflife games and TF2 and portal on steam, and I really like their system. The client IS a bit slugish in responsiveness (also takes ages for it to load dispite not being very big) but it keeps the games updated..never crashes.. and aside from the front page, dosn't try and exploit the games tab and such to advertise other games.

Oh yea, their games don't suck either. And while you need to log on to original download the game or update it, if you are offline you can still play the games. So should steam some how get wiped off the face of the earth, your games are still playable and can be backed up.

News Comments > EA on Spore DRM
27. Re: ??? Sep 12, 2008, 21:00 JeffD

IMO these games can no longer rely on drm.. it only hurts their image. Instead they need to rely on online content. The connecting online to grab random user created creatures to populate your world is just one of the many things they can do without the need for drm. Some people, myself included, WILL pirate some games vs a demo. If we like what we see well buy it and indulge in the online connectivity and multiplayer aspects of the games. Alot of times I'm glad I pirated a game because I see its horrid drm and im all like "they expect me to install this crap on my computer?".

crysis, wow, guild wars, team fortress 2 (and halflife2) are all games I'm happy to have bought. Steam service alone kicks ass... and it dosn't need drm.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Gordon Freeman spotted near Large Hadron Sep 10, 2008, 11:38 JeffD

Theres been more characters matched up in the photo...

http://i33.tinypic.com/2f092x3.jpg

News Comments > Epic: No PC Gears of War 2
2. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2008, 20:09 JeffD

what was all that bull shit they were shoveling about not giving up the pc game market?

News Comments > Consolidation
3. Squaresoft.. Aug 3, 2008, 17:16 JeffD

FF7:AC Next march?!

Man... square really does suck at time tables for sure. There had better be like another 40 minutes of added video or some shit.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 17:16.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. No subject Jul 4, 2008, 01:14 JeffD

a MUCH better all female cast for TF2.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_9dwer2IaqWQ/SBKsdf4ws9I/AAAAAAAAALo/FtWHAQivAWs/s1600-h/Female_tf2_team__COLOUR__by_Infernomonster.png

Theres actually a better version of this out there that is digitally colored in, but this is all I could find on google images.

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 01:16.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. No subject Jun 9, 2008, 21:31 JeffD

sorry but even zelda is pretty old hat... the only n64 game that matters today is mario64.. which is still one of the best platformers ever.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Achievements?
12. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2008, 14:25 JeffD

uhh, I thought there was already an achievement system in wow.

its called titles
its called you being in your guilds fist boss kill shots
its called epic boss drops
its called a dragon mount

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: No subject May 27, 2008, 13:19 JeffD

If xbox arcade starts delisting games, then imo this is yet another reason NOT to get an xbox.

#1 for what reason should a late comer to the xbox realm get to miss out on older great titles? #2 and this is a biggy, whats to prevent scare list like these from artificially inflating a games sales, only to find out later it really wasnt being removed?

#2 becomes and even bigger issue if they actually DO delist those games without prior warning which means we have to choice but to belive these list, or miss out on games forever.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Mario Madness...revisited.. May 26, 2008, 12:01 JeffD

Ok, youve clicked the mario madness and been treated to a self played mario that plays to the tune of a japanese pop song. What many of you may not realise is.. the song is a remix of the intro to an anime called Suzumiya Haruhi, and that the original intro has also been done in mario world, in a totaly seperate production.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBlpvcf-bfE

At this point I would agree with you, yes, the japanese are wierd, however the Suzumiya Haruhi anime show has also become something of a cult hit, so it can sort of be expected.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Steam Download Directory May 10, 2008, 13:05 JeffD

Thats what ive been saying enahs. Imo an out door city scape with non-enterable buildings is old hat. And if all you get to do is jump around them, then I'll pass. Also considering half the jumps would kill you if you failed, I wonder what type of save system the game will have, and will you be forced to use it...alot.

As for the new star wars movie... holy riding the money train lucas. For a company who has pioneered digital computer effects in movies, this piece of trash is a sad sad joke. It would have been one thing if the character design was on purpose (a bad decision.. but oh well) however when you consider the pyrotechnics and particle details, it looks cheap ALL around.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Bad blue.. no bone.. May 10, 2008, 12:49 JeffD

" Ubisoft caught in a little Assassinís Creed scandal" is nothing more then bad journalism. Ubisoft SAID the reason there was a performance increase is that an entire rendering pass was taken out! It would have actually been SLOWER if it was in and working in DX 10.1 mode. Many sites offered up proof of some graphic anomalies due to the missing rendering pass, backing up ubisofts reason for removing it.

Why are they hesitant that it will return? 2 very good reasons. #1 its after the games release and MOST companies, especially ubisoft, don't add new features into a game via patches, especially since AC is getting pretty old now. #2 they obviously couldn't create an improve in performance by release, so theres no guarantee they can after release.

Just ask any crysis owner how hoping for future patches to improve performance using dx10 dosnt work to well.

News Comments > Five Years of Warhammer Online Content
8. Re: No subject May 9, 2008, 13:56 JeffD

yea unless its some absurd grind fest.. theres no 5 years of content in it.

News Comments > On Mass Effect & Spore Copy Protection
50. Re: no subject May 6, 2008, 17:25 JeffD

I dont get it. If anything, this will make it easier for pirates. In order to take out dvd/cd protections before, you had to emulate part of the iso. Run virtual drives..ect. The game escentualy used a hardware device to try and read partially hidden data on disc.

Now its all code.. its all within the program, and the only thing it needs is an OK from another program. Give me a break.. not only will that be easy to crack, but it will be more stable.

Online games with online accounts is fine, but offline games dont work. It requires servers to be maintained for as long as anyone MIGHT play it.. and that cost money. Money from an expense that can be cut for cost savings.

News Comments > 3DMark Vantage Released
17. Re: No subject Apr 28, 2008, 13:02 JeffD

3dmark has a variety of uses, its fine if you dont understand them, just don't think you'll come across as the messiah of video card knowledge by doing so.

Its benchmarking aspect is fine.. sure it may not be the perfect benchmark..but nothing is! People claim because its not actually a game, that it can't accurately reflect game performance. Heres a bulletin for you, games don't either. Theres no one game out there that could give you a perfect prediction of how a video card will preform on OTHER games.

3dmark has other uses as well (bonus!). You can use it on a fresh install to diagnose that all your drivers are in place. Sudden drops in performances can reveal missing or wrong drivers installed some where.

You can also use it on systems with non-common video chipsets to reveal what 3d functions it can accuratly do.

Stability test, 3dmark is generaly more stable then those cutting edge games making it an ideal burn in tester for new rigs.

Edit: However..the one time trial use thing is going to make me pass go..collect $200.. and look for a cracked version. thats just retarded.

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 13:05.

233 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo