Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JeffD

Real Name JeffD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 31, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 251 (Amateur)
User ID 23570

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 27, 2013, 21:42 JeffD

I have 50mbit... I rarly have a need for it, but it is def nice for those times I download my anime. I could care less if it gets faster, I would simply liked to see cheaper.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > AMD's Hair-Raising Tech
4. Re: AMD's Hair-Raising Tech Feb 26, 2013, 10:47 JeffD

I think she looks great. And there are 10 million types of aa, you have to be completely anal to want more. That said, this isn't the first time amd tried to go off on their own. They were using tesselation tech long ago in the unreal 2k4 days that worked, but no one cared to support it.

Unfortunately this will prolly fall the same way.. unless its supported on both cards, no one is gonna care enough.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 22, 2013, 19:01 JeffD

The number of non technical terms being thrown at you to describe its power made me want to vomit, I didn't get past the intro.  

News Comments > More Cancelled Aliens RPG Footage
9. Re: More Cancelled Aliens RPG Footage Feb 20, 2013, 11:16 JeffD

Lol... that camera is so painful to watch. But yea it looks bad... I couldn't see alien being turned into an MMO, infact none of the alien games have been real good. I love the movies but there has not been one game I have been interested in even trying out. They really need to look to someone that can ADD alot of creative new content and story to the aliens universe.. there isn't enough existing to work on.  

News Comments > New Unigine Benchmarks
5. Re: Still same issue as any other engine Feb 16, 2013, 13:52 JeffD

I did not find this dissapearing shadow glitch you are seeing. I played with the time setting to get the just after sunrise time period where shadows were on, and in fact what I was seeing was that the mountains wern't casting shadows, just the surface models. This led to long streaks in the grass, only noticeable when shadows were at their longest.

Keep in mind though, every one does this. If anything, this engine does a descent job in ambient light for far off models to show a light side and dark side (I am not sure if it actually renders a true shadow or if it just changes the ambient texture brightness). It is not perfect, but then it is currently impossible to do a full global shadow to everything being rendered and have it be even remotely playable. Much like LOD and culling, shadows have a cut off distance.

Also because current methods of shadows are still pretty fake (rendering a single texture based on a single light source, multiple light sources at once not accepted, overlapping shadows do not change in shadows intensity) they can still be pretty glitchy. I don't know of any engine where shadows are perfect (GTA who does a really good job in global shadows will stop rendering them in flight). And VERY few games offer up dynamic day cycled probably to avoid such things.

Textures are minimal (not low res per say, just not a big variety, it is a tree simulator) but then that wasn't the point of the test, and never is. If a game is losing frames because its loading to many textures, then that is just crappy coding on the games part.

News Comments > New Unigine Benchmarks
1. Re: New Unigine Benchmarks Feb 15, 2013, 15:35 JeffD

Another great benchmark from unigine. What is awesome about this benchmark is that the cpu process is perfectly balances and multithreaded, so I can see the true power of my 460gtx despite my aging q6600 processor. None of the cores went above %50 so I know my frame rate was entirely in my graphics cards hands. It is hard to benchmark on video games these days because of their poor cpu threading being the bottleneck.  

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Game of the Year Edition
5. Re: Tribes Ascend Game of the Year Edition Feb 14, 2013, 21:02 JeffD

As a fan of tribes 1/2, I think ascend is pretty awesome, and this GOTY edition is an absolute STEAL considering you normally would have to pay upwards of 60 bucks to unlock all that stuff. I spent 10 bucks on a vip membership for some weapons and bonus xp.. but I think im gonna nab the %19 edition as well.

I dont think skiing was ruined what so ever... skiing was a bug in the original series and many of us couldn't do it properly all the time. Ascend makes it much more easier and much more enjoyable. If anything, I consider the flags are always too open.. I liked a lot of the old maps where the map was in the base. Also I think vehicals need some work.

Still these guys have been spending a lot of time balancing maps and weapons and adding new content for a free to play shooter, we can only hope others in the future look twards ascend as a model.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Jan 25, 2013, 14:52 JeffD

InBlack wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 09:44:
This guy is my hero...

no.. no..I came away from this article dumber. He consistently makes excuses that X has sold less then Y because it was released much later, platform didnt like the genere, or flat out wasnt released. In the case of mobile version, they both suffered from late releases and missing games.

Oh yea.. and I've never even heard of the game and I am a mobile gamer, so this guy failed on the promoting your game part.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
19. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 7, 2013, 19:40 JeffD

Crysis 3 is headed for the PS3 and xbox 360. The Wii U has more horsepower than either of them.

To bad it hasn't shown us that. Every system intensive port like assassins creed 3 has had the Wii U version fall into 3rd place.. either it lost in frame rates or noticeable world detail is lower. The gametrailer port reviews for wii u all mentioned performance loss before trying to center on what the touch panel afford new to the game.

Also launch sales mean little.. clearly a lot of early adopters but that does not mean the system will be successful.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2012, 02:09 JeffD

Welcome to 6 months ago GameFront!

I think everything is fine. You will find good gear on the regular AH for when you are leveling. The bulk of the real money AH is;

a) Very high end gear drops you want past max level

and b) gear with stats deemed essential for farming build after max level.

Neither of these are new nore do they effect new players. Question is do new players realize what they are getting into is a made for the player grind fest action rpg with the worlds shortest single player storyline? -_-

I'm just glad I didn't pay money for it.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 7, 2012, 00:23 JeffD

Would be available for android too if rockstar didn't eat a bag of dicks.

Yea I'm a little miffed about it. This is what you get when you don't test and you just want money.

News Comments > Battle.net Authenticator Class Action Suit
6. Re: Battle.net Authenticator Class Action Sui Nov 8, 2012, 22:08 JeffD

Dev wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 21:29:
They cost something to manufacture, but blizzard can afford to pay it out of the game costs. It doesn't hardly cost $60 for d3, yet thats what they've charged most people for digital version.

Alternatively they could use existing authenticator schemes, like the verisign one that I use for paypal and ebay. Then I could have one for all, and they wouldn't have to bother manufacturing.

There is to much derp in this post to reply too. As for the lawsuit, lets not give the attention whore any more...err..attention. This lawsuit has NO merit. This bell person is going to need to invest a crapton of money to prove the allegations (of which blizzard has never released even close to full details about) and frankly none of it is going to stick.

1. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 5, 2012, 21:34 JeffD

I find it hilarious that console bugs have gotten so bad that now saved games are at risk. badlands 2 recently also had an exploit where a user could create a multi player game with a secret "hardcore" mode enabled.. anyone killed in the game would lose their character forever.  

2. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 22, 2012, 20:54 JeffD

Still waiting for software to catch up with android hardware. Weve had quad core phones on the market for how long now and nothing utilizes it? I have an evo 3d from over a year ago..I get a high resolution screen and can take pictures in 3d. There are no new games out...

oh I'm sorry you wanted me to complete that? I just got sidetracked thinking about the fact that as a serious gamer, I have downloaded more new games (6 in the past several months) for my third gen ipod touch then on my android phone (1). Seriously though I am still looking for that one GOOD game that actually takes advantage of my hardware (not talking about the 3d, just any game that has great looking graphics utilizing fast CPU/GPU phones).

Everyone in the pc world will tell you all the flashy hardware systems are used for games by gamers. It seems the android market has been successful in delusioning the market into buying new and flashier hardware without any games or software to demonstrate it.

News Comments > DICE Warns of Bans for BF3 Color Mod
17. Re: DICE Warns of Bans for BF3 Color Mod Oct 3, 2012, 23:28 JeffD

What many of you are failing to realize is dice is NOT banning them for making the game look better. I am sure if allowed.. hackers could make many online games look better. The reason they can't or are not allowed is because part of the cheat protection schemes used is the scanning and verifying that the games source files are NOT MODIFIED. Some games also look for outside programs modifying the games memory in some way.

So DICE isn't actually saying they will ban you if you use this mod, they are saying their auto ban cheat protection will detect this mod as a hack and ban you for it.

News Comments > Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing?
14. Re: Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing? Sep 27, 2012, 21:01 JeffD

Uhmm.. the last thing i wanted to do monday night was drag my ass out to buy pandaria at midnight. Go digital sales?

"Lazard analysts believe Pandaria's digital sales won't make up for its poor retail performance"

Fuck you it won't... it is an expansion.. an expansion that you don't even need the dvd that comes with it for. you pay $39 bucks from a credit card.. and boom your in. No pre download.. no wasting gas.. nadda.

Stupid research companies.

7. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 29, 2012, 05:50 JeffD

Well if battery life is your ONLY complaint.. I can agree with you but it is also easily fixable with literally hundreds of external power source addons that come in all sizes and shape which will increase your ipods life span to many hours.

The Itouch 4g was also a bit of a lemon. Similar to the iphone 4, the ipod 4g received a large resolution upgrade without a similar gpu upgrade to cope with it. Even worse is it is missing half the memory of the ipohone4 so games have to have a hardware profile for the ipod 4 all by itself and that usually does not happen. The itouch 3g was inline with the iphone 3gs so games only needed to be tested on the 3gs. So the itouch 4 became the red headed stepchild and continues to be for 2 years now until apple decides to update it, and it better copy the hardware specs of one of its cell phones.

Still judging from my itouch 3g, the iOS has tons of quality games that all run great, look good, sound great, and are very stable. They are also very affordable. Cant quite afford a full blown iphone but some day.

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 29, 2012, 02:36 JeffD

Lack of game support. The obscene price of the memory sticks. The cost of the unit itself. The lockdown on the number of users per device (ie. . 1 user). Now the lockdown of 1 user to a memory stick so you can't share memory sticks. The hardware is great but every single other aspect of it fucking sucks and you are only hurting the industry by giving sony money for this pile of crap.

Only one handheld gaming unit has gotten it right imo... the ipod touch/iphone.

1. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 28, 2012, 22:07 JeffD

Sony tries even harder to make the vita suck more.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 22, 2012, 13:55 JeffD

lol... trespass by radio waves... id like to see someone enforce that. "God vs Jessie in the case of cosmic radio waves invading defendants property"  

251 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo