Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JeffD

Real Name JeffD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 31, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 233 (Novice)
User ID 23570

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
24. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 16, 2014, 16:00 JeffD

Square needs to start giving people what they want.. not what they need. ^^

FF6 and 7 remakes! Across all platforms including mobile!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: bitcoin Apr 6, 2014, 14:23 JeffD

bullshit! After losing half its value, several exchanges disappearing with billions in dollars lost and no legal recourse to get it back, bitcoin is not going mainstream. It is a gambling game for the stupid.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 29, 2014, 14:59 JeffD

It's a shame netflix isn't sticking any money into a new more efficient software package instead of silver light that is like, more than half a decade old and never updates. I bet if they tried a little harder and centered the netflix experience around 720p they could get bandwidth usage at a much more friendlier level.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 21, 2014, 21:48 JeffD

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 20:37:
Qbex . wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 11:49:
On the flipside Intel without competition on high end, I expect bonkers prices for those chips.

Intel has been without high end competition for awhile. I think the lack of demand for PCs is the bigger price control than AMD. I remember buying a nice i5 for under $200 that had much better game performance than anything AMD offered at the time. The good news is that their mid-range processors will probably continue to be kickass and affordable.

Mostly "this". AMD seems to be cementing their foothold on budget desktops and trying to flesh out the road map they are going to take in the future to take in intel, using of course the control over consoles as ammunition. INTEL on the other hand while owns the high end pc market, is struggling with a crumbling desktop market that makes it hard to net large profits. Instead they are perfecting their haswell chips to power the most powerful ultrabooks and tablets which are making lots of money.

Unfortunately while in the past, games are what fueled the need for PCs to become bigger and faster, now non gamers are creating a demand in ultra portables and the chip market is shifting.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 21, 2014, 12:30 JeffD

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 10:33:
7-15 times fewer effects and eyecandy too, but who's counting?

This made no sense. OPenGL does everything dx does, mainly when you consider all effects are shader based today.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: Re:Star Wars: The Old Republic - Donít miss our Double XP Weekend: March 14 Ė 17 Mar 13, 2014, 07:19 JeffD

Uhh, I played it last winter, after the last expansion. I missed nothing.

No, no it wasn't fun. Running out of quest and being forced to grind kill mobs because the game was DESIGNED with a faster leveling curve is downright retarded. Afaik Tor is the only mmo to do this when they went f2p.

And no it is nothing like complaining about a free meal. #1 I CAN complain about a free meal, if it taste bad I can still say it taste bad. Welcome to amurca. #2 Free meals are usually associated with the need to eat and being grateful if you are unable to buy food. I didn't play Tor because of any need, I was looking for entertainment. There is better free entertainment out there.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re:Star Wars: The Old Republic - Donít miss our Double XP Weekend: March 14 Ė 17 Mar 13, 2014, 02:29 JeffD

AKA the only weekend where F2P players feel like they are leveling at the normal pace the game was intended.

No thanks, I am happy with Rift.

News Comments > Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio
52. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 12, 2014, 04:57 JeffD

Cabe, such a loaded comment. Compared to what? when? Most people are running around with 120 and 240gb SDD drives, 50gb installs are too big.  

News Comments > Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio
40. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 12, 2014, 00:29 JeffD

My question is, why isn't it optional? Titanfall every time I look at it looks more and more like "My first pc game", with its anemic multiplayer options, horrid AI, low number of players in a match, and amateur hour file structure, it was released too soon.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2014, 11:49 JeffD

News story, we believe people when they say they eat nothing but cheese pizza from one place for 25 years and nothing else. screw you internet, screw you.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 1 F2P Transition Continues
9. Re: PlanetSide 1 F2P Transition Continues Jan 26, 2014, 16:19 JeffD

Ahh it happened well after the release of ps2, that explains why i missed it.

7. Re: PlanetSide 1 F2P Transition Continues Jan 25, 2014, 23:31 JeffD

I think you mean 6 weeks, 45 days.. before ps2 beta was released they had given out like a free months or so of time that I remember using so I could get into the beta (any active accounts had priority, not to mention my outfit was invited).  

5. Re: PlanetSide 1 F2P Transition Continues Jan 25, 2014, 16:59 JeffD

Yea there is alot that is bad in ps1 that I would rather find myself playing ps2. Also planetside isn't fun without the large battles.. I don't think you are going to find that many peeps in ps1 anymore. Even if it is free.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
6. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Jan 23, 2014, 19:49 JeffD

I wish they would make more of those lord of the ring RTS games. Those were awesome.  

News Comments > 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games
13. Re: 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games Jan 20, 2014, 11:02 JeffD

some interesting names to be sure. WoW is technically NOT a free to play game, it has an unlimited trial up to level 20. AFAIK you still need a boxed copy + subscription to go beyond that.

Star wars is interesting, I guess its title is still a big draw in itself and the f2p aspect helps, and most people will tell you that the XP hit in the f2p model is so bad it really drives you to subscribe. Apparently it is a working model.

Was hoping to see if there were more names on the list but their website is down.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 11, 2014, 00:50 JeffD

And all 1 million of those sales were just from people who have a crush on ellen page, not from anyone expecting an actual game.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 10, 2014, 00:07 JeffD

jdrey, not surprising, I never lend out my dvd-rw's cause they are so soft. Need to take care of your dvd's and they will take care of you.

I'm in the same boat, there is a vcr in my house, and it may be plugged in, but it never gets used. Kind of a useless factoid.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 9, 2014, 23:55 JeffD

And saddly anyone can write an article without knowing what they are talking about.

Adding buttons to iOS games is pointless, they are games designed for touchscreen. Adding buttons for games that use buttons from older generations on the iOS is mandatory. Being able to rest your fingers on the buttons increases precision by such a huge factor, and with emulation being a popular subject on portables, devices like these will always be in demand.

News Comments > SOE Premium Membership Changes
20. Re: SOE Premium Membership Changes Jan 5, 2014, 17:15 JeffD

Vete;

#1 invalidated the first half of your post by the fact that most items that are not easy to grind certs for, ie 750 and 1000 cert items, were also not affordable with 500SC. Now subscribers can purchase one expensive weapons a month, where before they either needed to wait for a sale, or saved up TWO months of SC.

#2 SOME bases got the wall treatment, right now there is a good mix of bases that are very defensible and some that have very little. I kind of like this approach as it makes fights more random (the name of the base means more then just what type it is) and also puts more pressure on the armor game.

I haven't really seen any purposeful tunneling abuse (btw I run with azure twilight, a super organised outfit that has been running since PS1 days), things are quite organic. Open area flat planes have plenty of access routed while mountains and rocky terrain are a lot more tunnel visioned because the only paths are the paths created for vehicles, much like ANY industrialized terrain.

I feel for armor drivers on the vehicle control and flip issues, unfortunately no 3d engine that exist has perfected it and each and every one of them with vehicles exhibit erratic physics at some point in time.

#3 I do miss the natural water barriers from PS2, it really brought out the VS hover powers. On the other hand that probably was also way to much of a faction perk. You will notice VS MAX no longer has a jet pack, allowing us to perch ourselves in high places was just too overpowered. We still go more continents to bring over from PS1 so I think we will finally see a water based one.

News Comments > SOE Premium Membership Changes
15. Re: SOE Premium Membership Changes Jan 4, 2014, 23:17 JeffD

I am not sure where you are coming with this idea that ps2 is gonna die out... its a FPS..Good FPS games don't die out! Tribes 2/ascend, Teamfortress 2, counter strike, all old franchises that still have people playing today. If you had ANY idea what has been going on in the past 2 months you would have realized there has been no new content because of game optimizations. Now they are close to rolling out the PS4 version, there will most def be new content. They have already started doing new balance passes like the nanoweave nerf which while sucks, does put it on the same level as all the other armors.

Ps2 will always be a game I go back to because it does not require that I keep doing dailies.. raiding for gear, or even level up.

233 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo