Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JeffD

Real Name JeffD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 31, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 261 (Amateur)
User ID 23570

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 12, 2014, 10:35 JeffD

Whats that? My streaming music service I paid for is now only serving me old and clunky hd and the pirates are letting me download 4k? Hellooooo pirates, good bye legit streaming services!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Dec 7, 2014, 14:39 JeffD

aaaand hardware has officially out paced any software for it.  

News Comments > WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers
7. Re: WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers Nov 19, 2014, 20:32 JeffD

I was thinking about it, I came back to wow in the start of the year again and was just casual playing with the content i missed. I had intended to get the expansion but I had alot of doubt when the patch with all the class changes hit. I really really did not like it. Esp after leveling a shaman to be my new healing class only to have his heals turn to shit.

Now a week before the expansion, FF14 has a free weekend + sale and i got hooked. So no more wow for me, I'm gonna be in ff14 for a while. -_-

News Comments > Blizzard Announces Overwatch
56. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 8, 2014, 03:30 JeffD

PropheT wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 18:34:
If that cinematic was "pretty laughable bad" then I have no f'ing clue what you'd think was actually good. Show that cinematic to people without telling them what it was from and they'd probably think it was Pixar.

The gameplay, though, is just TF2 mixed with Monday Night Combat. I was about as excited as I've been for a game in a while after the cinematic, and after the gameplay trailer all I am is disappointed that it's just another multiplayer team shooter.

I ment the cinimatic trailer was just a horrible story representation of the universe. Crashing an overwatch museum with stereotypical tongue in cheek gags? How are we supposed to take it even remotely serious?

As for "just another multiplayer team shooter".. are you fn kidding me.. did YOU even watch the gameplay trailer? You have 12...TWELVE Classes so far, each has there own skills and play style. Not all of them are twitch based front line assaults. And there will be MORE coming. The diversity of group combinations is going to be huge. Bigger then anything currently out there in the FPS market. And balance is paramount so if there is anyone who can do this right, it is either blizzard or ncsoft, so I am glad to see one of those doing it.

News Comments > Blizzard Announces Overwatch
31. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 7, 2014, 16:49 JeffD

Omni wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 16:42:
Meh generic

Please tell me you were being extremely sarcastic. This looks really good, it looks like.. a stylized shooter like TF2 with rpg elements like mass effect, but the character classifications and skill trees are much more likely to be far more in depth, taken from blizzard fantasy rpg roots.

The cinematic movie was pretty laughable bad but the gameplay trailer was intense. As someone who loves class based shooters like TF2 and is missing out on bungies console only poop, I can't wait to try this.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Nov 5, 2014, 20:00 JeffD

...I need a new video card.  

News Comments > On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support
22. Re: On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support Oct 26, 2014, 22:18 JeffD

Flatline wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 18:33:
Of course, most of those seem to be dual core.

Ahh you are right. Didn't look hard enough, I figured they would use different letters to show the multi-gpu cards. Since I don't think THAT was what they used, they seemed to have been testing an 8gb test card that we will probably see soon, and probably well under $600 still.

21. Re: On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support Oct 26, 2014, 22:13 JeffD

{PH}88fingers wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 17:33:
??? the AMD 290x is like $300 not $1000.... confused by your post.

No, the 4gb version is $300... the 8gb is super limited atm and cost $1000+ on both amazon and newegg.

14. Re: On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support Oct 26, 2014, 16:52 JeffD

Wait wait wait.... did they just compare a $600 nvidia card to the $1000 8gb ati card.... and get excited over 1.5 fps average increase?!?! AMD you still suck, you need to get you fabrications updated so your processors stop adding to my cooling bill.  

News Comments > ArcheAge "Illicit Gains" Revoked
1. Re: ArcheAge Oct 22, 2014, 20:36 JeffD

Ahhh trion, good ole "penalize the innocent" tactics... tell me how that works out for you.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIII Released; Only Supports 720p
9. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIII Released; Only Supports 720p Oct 9, 2014, 18:56 JeffD

FF13 is far from being one of the worst FF games. I found it quite enjoyable and I liked the fighting style more then I probably should. IMO micromanaging 5+ classes is just tedious.

Still the 720p mess just barks of squares lazy as shit ports for PC. I would not be surprised in the least if what we saw come out today was pretty much %98 of what ever was on PC THE DAY FF13 came out on consoles! We know the development kit for ff13 was on PC. The locked 720p most likely means they bug tested the executable they already made for development and released it as is.

Wanna know what the kicker is? Apparently one of the issues with forcing the game to 1080p is the low resolution UI. However a patch for the PS3 version of the game introduced a high resolution mode where while the game remained rendered at 720p, the game ran in and the UI was rendered at 1080p. So at some point on the ps3, someone made those 1080p ui elements.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIII for PC Announced
1. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIII for PC Announced Sep 18, 2014, 19:11 JeffD

Holy shit.. kinda late dont you think? FF13 was kinda what I bough my ps3 for, although im glad I had it for when gta5 came out and also got neglected on pc. again.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 15, 2014, 18:45 JeffD

Aaaaand they can have him! I don't watch MLG and I don't watch pooperpie, match made!  

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
55. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 16:50 JeffD

yea fuck you rockstar...  

News Comments > Another Diablo III Season Exploit
2. Re: Another Diablo III Season Exploit Sep 9, 2014, 02:20 JeffD

They didnt do anything to anyone last week, they aren't going to start this week. Season 1 should be wiped out.  

News Comments > Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated
23. Re: Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated Sep 4, 2014, 12:57 JeffD

Well looks like Sims 4 does not have a scene release yet just for this reason. So users are just playing with experimental hacked copies.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 11, 2014, 22:07 JeffD

I lost it at "Night Trap contains almost two hours of footage, and being able to switch seamlessly among several tracks of streaming video is not a trivial task"

YES IT IS!!! Your entire interface can be done in VISUAL BASIC! You have already transferred the video to HD! Give some lonely program 20k to code your interface.. and upload it to steam, itunes, and google play!"

Another lame expensive kickstarter.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Trial; Referral Programs
2. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Trial; Referral Programs Aug 1, 2014, 19:23 JeffD

Apparently square is still made of money to bleed. I'll prolly give the 14 day a try but 14 days is meh..  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jul 18, 2014, 18:00 JeffD

Does funny or die have a HD mode? 0o  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
5. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 12, 2014, 15:37 JeffD

>>Got a dollar: Then you can afford the games in this PSN Flash Sale.

yea.. if you like purchasing games you played a decade ago on ps2 and ps1.

261 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo