Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for McSeb

Real Name McSeb   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname McSeb
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 19:36
Total Comments 4 (Suspect)
User ID 23560

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Illinois Gaming Law KOed, Appeal Planned
34. Re: No subject Dec 4, 2005, 04:15 McSeb

If a mother went and bitched to the ESRB about the local EB selling GTA:SA to her 8 year old son, they would probably say, "we are sorry to hear that. Have a nice day.".

1. Where is a 8 year old getting 50 bucks to spend on video games.

2. The only reason an 8 year old would want to play GTA:SA is to see why mothers like that are making a fuss about it.

3. How do you NOT notice that your kid is playing GTA:SA on his console or computer ? The sound of gunfire or the voiceovers should be a tip-off, otherwise the GTA cd in his cd-rom or console might be a clue...

4. Assuming you noticed in the first month (see #3) you can easily go back to EB and exchange it for something else.

5. If your 8 year old can figure out how to get to the sex content in the game, he must be a natural, I want him in my clan

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 04:17.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: No subject Dec 4, 2005, 03:31 McSeb

Let's take counter-strike as an example then, watch someone play CS for 5-10 minutes online and I'm sure you will see someone get shot, someone get tagged and if you watch long enough probably some trash-talk in the voicechat. Do you really need your kid to tell you that it's, as you put it "a murder simulator" ?

If you think your kid is able to understand the difference between the game and reality and you feel confident that your kid can make good decisions about what he plays then your kid should be legally allowed to.

If you are worried that this will have a negative effect on your kid, then don't let him have it or play it. Suggest an alternative, there are many games out there which don't have the violence and/or sex (speaking of which, aside from the GTAs who do it on purpose to piss people off, can anyone think of a game that isn't crap with sex in it ?!?) and there is a wonderful self-imposed industry rating system which, aside from Rockstar, is well respected by the whole industry.

P.S.: I say all this but I'm canadian, these laws don't even apply up here yet I feel angry about the stupidity of all this. I'm always amazed how the USA, supposed "land of the free", a country whose entire society is based on freedom always seems so willing to give up it's freedoms so easily... "Freedom !, Freedom ! ... but we the people think we are too stupid to make smart decisions, please mr. government, tell us if we can have gun, if we can have abortions, if we can play a video game, with your permission of course..." What's next, giving up the right to vote for your leaders ?!?!

19. No subject Dec 4, 2005, 02:44 McSeb

Will these stupid laws ever stop.

For the last time: If you are worried about the video games, movies, tv shows or even books your kids are exposed to, be an involved parent and see what your kids buy and/or want to buy and play.

It shouldn't be up to the government to decide what is good for you and your kids, they can't even make good decisions about important stuff like wars, hurricanes and economics but you want to trust them to police what you watch. The last president had sex in the oval office and you want the government to worry about sex in video games !?!?

The person who has the most authority in the eyes of a kid is his parents, hell even the cops can use "I'll call your parents" as a threat. Take five minutes to listen to your kid talk about the new games he wants or watch him play his games, most games aren't very secretive about how much sex or violence is in the game, it's usually blatently apparent.

Let the stupid government deal with real tech problems that need laws like identity theft, spyware and spam...

...sry I had to get that out...

News Comments > Morning Q&A - USAF Air Dominance
17. Re: An American Tradition Jul 28, 2005, 15:40 McSeb

Have you learned nothing from the rockstar scandal ? It's not his fault, it's Blue's News's fault for misrepresenting the content on thier site by providing this forum without an Adult Only rating! Think of the children!

4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo