Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1031 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > World of StarCraft?
28. Re: No subject May 5, 2007, 20:37 Lorcin

The swift kick is called Age of Conan

Erm yeah - Age of Conan. By the makers of Anarchy Online. I would really hold off until some indepentdent reviews of it start appearing before declaring it the next messiah.

Vegetarian Logic: We'll save animals by eating their food

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of StarCraft?
25. Re: No subject May 5, 2007, 20:29 Lorcin

Planetside required actual thought, dedication, persistence and teamwork...

yeah SOE really need to work on that launcher/patcher. Pity after you use the required actual thought, dedication, persistence and teamwork the game is shit don't you think?

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Two Update
10. Re: No subject May 5, 2007, 19:56 Lorcin

Episode??????????????????????????????????????

Dr Who did a huge montage of upcoming shows tonight cause it's gonna miss one week. This so called damn episode is taking longer then a lot of full games. If it doesn't clock in above 10 hours there is no chance I'm gonna buy it.

News Comments > Father of PlayStation to Retire
19. Re: The Begining of the end... Apr 26, 2007, 18:43 Lorcin

<nods>... Walmart will settle this one

Yeah cause really the US is the entire world (!) - Walmart is here in the UK. Branded as Asda, nobody with any kinda money shops there and they have no major infulence on pricing. Their meat is cheap and goes off 2/3 days before the best before date - their veg goes off quicker. UK is one of the MAJOR game markets but walmart/asda here is a footnote at best.

Just cause something is big in walmart (was it duck or game hunter that enjoyed a very brief slot in the top 10 (american) game sales?) doesn't mean that long term it is either a good game or big winner in the wider picture.

Xbox is the ultimate american brand and really really struggles in any other territory except the US. Nobody would think that just because the xbox1 did well in the US that it won the last round. Equally your a fool if you believe that any single US chain of shops backing one format over another will ultimatly decide this round.

14. Re: The Begining of the end... Apr 26, 2007, 16:39 Lorcin

mohahaha me faster then nin, ja me uber poster

11. Re: The Begining of the end... Apr 26, 2007, 16:28 Lorcin

I'll get my HD-DVD player now..

http://news.com.com/Blu-ray+besting+its+high-def+DVD+rival/2100-1025_3-6178403.html?tag=nefd.top

not just yet eh?

6. Re: Riiiiiidge Raaaaacer! Apr 26, 2007, 15:18 Lorcin

Oh come on be nice - 2 out of 3 ain't bad and even the most rabid nintendo and xbox fanboy must at least give the PS1 and PS2 grudging respect for simple worldwide domination.

Pity it looks like the PS3 isn't gonna do the same.

News Comments > Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary Dated
6. Re: No Xbox? Apr 25, 2007, 03:24 Lorcin

I loved TR: Legends and with the advancements God of War, Devil May Cry and even Prince of Persia have made with the fighting elements, TR will hopefully stick to the exploration and puzzle solving which were always better then the fights anyway.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Lord of the Rings Online
41. Re: Fundamental Apr 24, 2007, 20:20 Lorcin

Yeah maybe my brain is in meltdown - or maybe a single junior person in advertising can create a hell of a lot of good word of mouth using a few well placed comments and reviews.

You only have to look at the huge amount of studio planted film reviews that turn up on so called independent websites to see that the marketing men have caught on to the fact that, a lot of people will pay more attention to what is meant to be an unbiased indepedent reviews rather then notice as their pop blocker stops the latest advert.

And of course it is a fraction of the cost of creating an advert.

Then again I could be totally wrong and the guy could be totally innocent - we'll never know either way.

Oh btw X Files was never my cup of tea.

30. Re: Fundamental Apr 24, 2007, 17:14 Lorcin

Just in case anyone else feels need the to check - yes Zaridin registered especially to post that thinly disguised marketing ploy.

7. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2007, 11:50 Lorcin

offering more that a Tolkien chance to feed your gaming hobbit

GROAN that is dreadfull

Wonder how long the shiny hobbit infested wow clone will be flavour of the month for?

News Comments > Infernal Date, Preorders
3. Re: No subject Apr 20, 2007, 02:08 Lorcin

yeah I liked it - shooting high tech monks really appealed to me for some reason.

News Comments > Rise of the Argonauts Announced
3. Re: There should be a law.... Apr 19, 2007, 12:32 Lorcin

ok liquid entertainment apparently did Battle Realms (82% ), War of the Rings (67% ), DragonShard (80% ) and erm Desperate Housewives (61% ).

So 3 RTS and 1 RTS (real turdy shite). Guess we'll have to see if they can play more then one tune.

This comment was edited on Apr 19, 12:32.

News Comments > Lost Game Plans
4. Re: No subject Apr 18, 2007, 02:58 Lorcin

Surely this show is perfect for an MMO.

Throwaway plot nobody cares about.

New islands, creatures, races added yearly (easy expansions).

Never ending

Generic Characters.

Random people speaking forgeign languages which need translators.

Fat sweaty long haired guys (oh wait that meant to be the players)

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. No subject Apr 14, 2007, 13:03 Lorcin

SONY.........................................o

Ohh look - sony have dropped the ball

News Comments > DANCE Online Beta Kicks Off
6. Re: Dumbest ever... Apr 13, 2007, 15:38 Lorcin

hmm funny you should mention that but the thought of this "game" brings back horrible memories of the hampster dance.

or is that just me

News Comments > id & Valve Assets in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.?
28. Re: No subject Apr 6, 2007, 22:27 Lorcin

Actually I do have a decent concept of the legal system - but I also have have a decent perspective on the world and and more importantly morals.

As I said Valve/iD could take the moral high ground here and say "Yeah, it's a couple of art assets which are not really 100% important to either our game or theirs - go for broke guys, good luck, competition is good".

Unfortunatly you seem to be of the opinion that a single game can be summed up and broken down to a few textures. As far as we know they haven't stolen engine code, level design, model design, gun balances, ai routines, huds, storyline etc etc. However a couple of tiny pictures..."SUE EM" "THIEVES" "GRAB YOUR PITCHFORKS".

I wouldn't normally say this - but it's 3:21 and I'm going to bed so please don't think that just cause I don't reply to your self righteous overly legislative bollocks that I have conceeded to your narrow point of view.

21. Re: No subject Apr 6, 2007, 22:04 Lorcin

I'm not saying it's right - I'm saying if they have used 2 or 3 or maybe 20 small gfx files from other companies then is it really worth destroying them?

Seriously what do iD or Valve have to lose from this. If an entire game was based around Gardon Froomen with every single texture ripped from HL2 then yeah by all means sue.

But as other people have pointed out Stalker, HL2 and Doom3 are all very different games - except for the common camera angle of course.

"Sue them into oblivion" - that statement there sums up not only what is wrong with america, but also why the rest of the world hates you.
This comment was edited on Apr 6, 22:06.

15. Re: No subject Apr 6, 2007, 21:41 Lorcin

iD and Valve could actually take a decent line here and back off.

The news has broken - proved or not it's now gospil on a lot of gaming sites. So do iD or Valve really need to sue a small russian company for a small percent of the profits made from a game scoring an average of 83%?

Now would be the perfect time if a few art assests are used to welcome newcomers onto the scene and encourage PC development surely?

Of course if they have wholesale ripped off huge chunks of code and art and engine and ideas and steam (no wait that's going to far) then they deserve to burn in hell. Although of course if they are burning in iDs hell then they must make sure not to bring back pictures

News Comments > Evening Q&As
7. Re: No subject Apr 5, 2007, 06:28 Lorcin

mostly its not worth it because the current state of vista and its drivers are what makes it fail

hmm maybe that's microsoft are using a old game to showcase it - they could probably run it in software emulation on new processors and still get 60fps

1031 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 45.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo