Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1083 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > General British Interview
1. No subject Nov 3, 2007, 19:12 Lorcin

The producer and director of UO was Starr Long, who really is the person that deserves the most credit for Ultima Online. However, I was still very involved throughout that project as a designer. And we have a very similar relationship on Tabula Rasa, where it is Starr who’s managing the team, managing the purse and the process of getting the game done.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH pass the motherfucking buck mr britass.

EDIT: BTW is it just me or does "Starr Long's Tabula Rasa" not sound better anyway?

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 19:14.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Child's Play
11. Re: Well, Sorry Nov 3, 2007, 18:43 Lorcin

yeah I erm do have to agree with Kosumo. If you asked me too buy a game which would then be auctioned the procedes of which would benefit people in NEEDFUL countries then fair enough.

The fact that pretty high up the list for Alder Hey (only place in my country) was 5 copies of "Transformers" and it's enough matter.

I mean for god's sake - they need copies of "High School Musical 2" to make people better???? It's not even out yet!

I honestly can't think of anything to make me more sick then the thought of whatching Troy, Sharp Pain and Ryan whilst I'm laid up in hospital bed. Ok so we can shout "Seen your tits" everytime Gabrielle comes on but that still doesn't make up for ryans hats.

BTW yes I have kids and yes one of them was at high risk of dying from menegitis. That one still DID not need to watch disney or play anything to pull through - and probably could not have done if they had wanted too.

If gamers wanna help we should organise a TF2 or CS $1 per frag day. Everyone enters their credit card details and everytime someone kills someone else a dollor goes to unicef or another like-minded charity. (hehe fatal1ty can afford it with his profile).
This comment was edited on Nov 3, 18:51.

News Comments > Need for Speed: ProStreet Demo
29. Re: Chase? Nov 3, 2007, 12:44 Lorcin

It isn't 1 crash = death unless your crash is super bad. 170mph into a wall = death. 100mph into tree = lose your hood. I think that is fairly balanced.

Somehow I don't think Marc Bolan would agree with you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Bolan

News Comments > Child's Play
6. Re: Good luck to them Nov 3, 2007, 09:35 Lorcin

I'll be your friend to the end

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Launches
35. Re: No subject Nov 2, 2007, 19:55 Lorcin

Depending on the game, you can learn how to effectively manage resources, how to respond socially in ways that relate to the 'general' world, and outrun the police. All useful things depending on the circumstances.

Yeah dude if I ever need to I could TOTALLY fly an X Wing to fight against the empire.

I've learnt to shout pwned at my manager everytime he makes a really stupid mistake (daily) and then T-Bag him.

You forgot to mention single handidly turning the tide of WWII (something the americans really do think they did - not being sarcastic this time)

News Comments > Turok To Rock PCs
18. Re: No subject Nov 2, 2007, 19:46 Lorcin

erm actually it made perfect sense and was really pretty good considering the current anti-ea stance of the world.

News Comments > Gold - BlackSite: Area 51
2. Re: Crysis Nov 2, 2007, 16:13 Lorcin

OMG is it day of the games nobody in their right minds want?

News Comments > Free Game for Voters
2. Re: Screenshots Nov 2, 2007, 11:24 Lorcin

http://www.parhedros.com/parhedros_tos/screenshot_05.html

Let's do the timewarp again

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 11:24.

News Comments > The Witcher at the Gate
7. Re: No subject Oct 30, 2007, 13:21 Lorcin

Because some people have kids who are like the satan of the dvd world.

Most of our films are copied and the originals stored and nearly all of the PC games are set to run without DVDs in. Easiest way of doing that this days is too just image the disc and mount the clone.

Also saves the hunt for the disc when you go to boot a game and it complains the disc isn't in the drive. Eject the drive and find "Tom and Jerry" and wonder exactly where either your child has put it or in which of your wifes amazing "safe places" it may turn up in; and more to the point - when.

Vegetarian Logic: We'll save animals by eating their food

News Comments > LucasArts and BioWare Team Up
24. Re: No subject Oct 30, 2007, 12:53 Lorcin

From what I understand, LucasArts gave SOE pretty much free run to make SWG. When the game wasn't pulling in more subscribers, LucasArts got heavy handed with decision making and the NGE was made.

I thought it was the other way around.

I'm erm kinda playing SWG atm - people have been shouting about a KOTOR MMO for a few weeks now.

News Comments > LucasArts and BioWare Team Up
17. Re: No subject Oct 30, 2007, 11:22 Lorcin

then the rumor that the game is actually a CONSOLE ONLY MMOG may also be true. :/

I doubt they would do that - Phantasy Star Online is the only real mmo I can think designed mainly for consoles. And it's not exactly setting the earth on fire.

FFXI is a PC mmo with a console friendly interface which is ported to lots of systems now - that does kinda work.

The porting across systems also brings up another major point. Assuming this will only be current-gen it would be Xbox360, PS3, Wii (possibly) and the only true thing they all have in common for devolping from a baseline is of course the PC - the biggest MMO market there is!

Of course it is worth noting Maple Story is being ported to the DS. Which is the biggest selling system in the world. And a console. And better suited to typing messages then a PS3/360. And it's very cheap to develop for.

My guess it'll either involve the PC or be DS only - if it's an mmo.
This comment was edited on Oct 30, 11:24.

News Comments > Kill General British
15. Re: No subject Oct 25, 2007, 22:47 Lorcin

I tell you what - if they let me ACTUALLY kill him - not some virtual avatar with his name being controlled by somebody else.

Then,

And ONLY then

Will I buy this game.

This is game was as much of a letdown for me as aoc and the witcher were surprises.

Edit: Needing u
This comment was edited on Oct 25, 22:47.

News Comments > Vanguard Updated
5. Re: No subject Oct 17, 2007, 09:50 Lorcin

Free trial is due in the next 2 parts of update #3 (along with raid content)

Oh and theres an awfull lot more then 6 people playing - maybe not WoW/EQ1/UO style numbers but still a lot.

News Comments > Open MMO Borders
3. Re: Yikes Oct 10, 2007, 13:40 Lorcin

Yeah really I'd except this too announcement to come more from SOE then IBM. You could have the same character running around in EQ/EQ2/VG and most would not look too out of place in SWG as well. I'm not entirely sure how my orc would look in matrix online (still I'm sure his acting would still be better then Keanu's)

News Comments > Gears of War PC on November 6
9. Re: Gears Of War Oct 4, 2007, 19:54 Lorcin

Xbox 360

NA November 7, 2006
EU November 17, 2006
AUS November 23, 2006

Exclusive for 364 days?

News Comments > Bungie Splitting From Microsoft?
4. Re: No subject Oct 1, 2007, 23:00 Lorcin

"There's been no such announcement. We continue to celebrate the tremendous success of the global phenomenon that is Halo 3."

That's an AWFULL long way from a denial

News Comments > Jericho Demo Tomorrow, Trailer Now
10. Re: No subject Sep 25, 2007, 14:21 Lorcin

hmm I hope it's a lot better then Undying - that started off terrifying but quickly turned pretty generic and uncreepy. Kinda like house of the dead without the rails.

News Comments > Free Games - Tanarus, Cosmic Rift, and Infantry
1. Nice timing Sep 25, 2007, 11:36 Lorcin

strange they announce this 10 hours into a 14-24 hour downtime of ALL soe games, sites

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. No subject Sep 9, 2007, 12:19 Lorcin

18% scored higher (more nerdy),
1% scored the same, and
81% scored lower (less nerdy).

What does this mean? Your nerdiness is:

High-Level Nerd. You are definitely MIT material, apply now!!!.

News Comments > Gold - Tabula Rasa
46. Re: No subject Sep 6, 2007, 20:15 Lorcin

I kinda like it after an hour play - but I am kinda scared it's really gonna attract an awfull lot of teenagers.

Also slightly confused why the npcs say "get your *** over here" but their voiceover says "get your ass over here".

1083 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 45.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo