Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1086 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Epic on Steam
19. Re: ... Mar 17, 2008, 19:41 Lorcin

I'm not sure why so many heaped scorn on Unreal 2. No, it wasn't the epic (no pun intended) game that people expected but it was still a very solid shooter.

Remember the first unreal - the menu screen with the camera doing a flyby on a castle. From that very first moment it was special. Unreal 2 was just a very generic mission based that couldn't wow as much as the loading screen in unreal 1 did.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: No subject Mar 17, 2008, 17:45 Lorcin

It strikes me getting console players addicted to MMOs would be a bad move. Surely Sony would rather be flogging them games which last 4.6 nanoseconds start to finish so that they keep buying more?

If there all addicted to one never ending game either the subscription rates would have to be huge or Sony would lose out in the long run.

News Comments > Pyroblazer Announced
8. Re: Wipeout Font. Mar 17, 2008, 17:35 Lorcin

Might be ok for a blast on the psp. I doubt it would hold up on a pc - and the wii will have a "unique and innovative" control scheme.

News Comments > Epic on Steam
9. Re: bigger Mar 17, 2008, 17:30 Lorcin

So Unreal gold - great game 10 years ago. Unfortunately it's aged about as well as Jackie Stallone.

Unreal 2 which always sucked like the bastard child of a Taiwanese hooker and a Dyson.

Unreal Tournament 1 and 2004 - real cutting edge stuff there.

Unreal Tournament 3 - winner of both the bleh and meh awards for last year.

All these classics for 59.99 - I wonder exactly how drunk someone would have to be to pay that.

News Comments > Sam & Max 204 Release & Demo
5. Re: no difference between demo/full Mar 14, 2008, 18:37 Lorcin

GameTap isn't the only way to get the Sam and Max series.

Yup - don't deny there is other options. But a gametap gold membership seems an awfull lot more value for money then just a one off purchase.

I'd be playing every episode if I could get that here (I've dual booted my PC for less then what they offer). But for some insane reason all they say is that they will spread beyond the USA and Canada during 2007. I have no idea how to shout numbers but really at this point it is starting to piss me off.

PS Plus of course their NOT carrying Dr Derek Smart PHD games afterall which is always a bonus.
This comment was edited on Mar 14, 18:39.

News Comments > Manhunt 2 Granted UK Release
4. Re: No subject Mar 14, 2008, 15:39 Lorcin

Still don't think this game is any way shape or form necessary - seriously nothing but bad could possibly come from this trash.

I don't like the BBFC in any way shape or form (give me pr0n goddammit) but anything anybody can do to stop this shit getting into the hands of kids/teenagers the better.

It made me feel dirty and the idea of any of my children playing it is really quite sickening.

News Comments > CPL Closes
18. Re: No subject Mar 14, 2008, 15:34 Lorcin

I do find it quite incredible they kept going for 10 years. Surely the mass market for any sports coverage is TV. I know ticket sales are nice but big money comes from TV rights (certainly for football in England).

At the same time the only people who would watch gamer matches ; the gamers; probably spend far less time staring at the TV then normal people (I watch 1 or 2 hours per week tops).

So really showing footage of games that mainly appeals to gamers is kinda of like selling ice creams in the middle of a desert. There may very well be a market but trying to deliver the product to that market is next to impossible.

News Comments > Sam & Max 204 Release & Demo
3. Re: no difference between demo/full Mar 14, 2008, 15:12 Lorcin

Hmm thought I'd check into gametap again but it's still not in this country (UK).

So I thought I'd try a free account in case some of the earlier episodes are free. Only one (1.4) is there but that didn't really matter because I'm on x64 and they still don't support 64 bit operating systems.

So I need a different PC in a different country to get into gametap. Think I'll go back to ignoring it really.

News Comments > CPL Closes
14. Re: No subject Mar 14, 2008, 13:41 Lorcin

They said 'sport', not 'athletic sport'. A sport is a competitive activity governed by rules. There are lots of things that qualify as sports that aren't even remotely athletic.

LETS PLAY DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTTTTTTTTS!

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria Announced
12. Re: Award-winning!!! Mar 14, 2008, 13:40 Lorcin

Did you include the 15 awards my un-pc game "who left the floater in the toilet?" got?

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Details
8. Re: This will probably will suck. Mar 13, 2008, 17:31 Lorcin

"Quick Time Events, a feature that is not as universally loved." bothers me.

God of war got em right

News Comments > Cryptic & Star Trek Online Clue
4. Re: it never ceases to amaze me ... Mar 13, 2008, 13:45 Lorcin

how people can figure stuff like that out. i mean ... seriously, who thinks to look into stuff like that?

Trekkies

News Comments > Star Trek Online Tease
7. Re: Hmmmm Mar 12, 2008, 12:02 Lorcin

Hmm indeed - I always considered the star trek community itself to be it's biggest enemy. I don't know anybody who can look enviously at the antics of trekkies/trekkers or whatever it is these days.

I never got into the original series (I was born in '74 so it had to go head to head with Star Wars for me) but I remember really looking forward to TNG. I pretty soon lost interest as it was just too love and peace for me at the time. The following series just seemed to be a further attempt to milk the cash cow.

Around this time there was the introduction of the klingon language courses. People turning up for jury duty in star trek uniforms and of course Galaxy Quest which put it all in perspective.

Now this though - would I really want to spend money to play with the hardcore fans? Seriously star-trek nerds are the type even your normal computer geeks snigger about behind their backs. Do I want to become one?

On a side note it was a RABID fan that put me off SWG - he invited me to his guild and took me there. The route was meant to be top secret. Upon arrival he proceeded to show me the temples, libraries and training room that they had built. At this point I suddenly had to go deal with RL and strangely never logged back in.

IMO Star Trek Online will be even worse - and the idea of a roleplaying server fills me with dread.

I doubt it is just me either as viewing figures have got worse and worse year after year. Maybe the new film will breathe new life into the IP but I really think Star Trek and especially it's fans are best off forgotten.

This comment was edited on Mar 12, 12:03.

News Comments > Free SAGA
6. Re: No subject Mar 12, 2008, 05:09 Lorcin

strangely saga in the uk do cruises and holidays for oaps

News Comments > Galactic Command: Echo Squad SE Demo
17. Re: Copy Protection Mar 11, 2008, 15:47 Lorcin

Wot? You must be mistaking me for your other girlfriends who are cowardly enough to hide behind anon and duplicate handles.

Obviously your egotistic inferiority complex which drives your ilk to attain and maintain pack mentality, can't stand the fact that others don't share your inconsequential views and opinions.

Get a life.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

News Comments > Galactic Command: Echo Squad SE Demo
14. Re: Copy Protection Mar 11, 2008, 15:03 Lorcin

I really wanted to see where this had gone given the time that has passed and thought maybe the whole thing had moved into some type of playable game.

Isn't it only about 6 months since we ripped it out the last one?

Oh and Derek can you please stop being SamuraiSaint he really is quite insufferable. Switch back to hellbinder please - then we all know it's you.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Galactic Command Echo Squad SE
21. Re: Game's Full Docs Released Mar 8, 2008, 21:21 Lorcin

rofl as this thread is dead (over 12 hours on blues) this isn't technically breaking my word on derek baiting but really???

He'll consider putting an option in to allow possibly remapping one of the controls - politicians give a more direct answer then that.

The game is meant to look like shite because it's retro-look. Yeah sure, and the huge ammounts of cross-hatching in http://www.3000ad.com/pics/gcES/08-02-20/PHOTO008.PNG are obviously driver faults yeah?

The new fanboi account of spaced is fooling NOBODY derak - seriously come on. Did you forget your hellbinder logons already?

And last but not least: YOU ARE NOT WORTHY TO MENTION FREESPACE AND STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM IT AS YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD LITERALLY THOUSANDS OF TIMES BEFORE

This comment was edited on Mar 8, 21:22.

News Comments > Windows LIVE Marketplace Coming
14. Re: No subject Mar 7, 2008, 13:08 Lorcin

Actually the reason we're not officially in a recession is because we aren't - there are specific criteria for that term to apply.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recession

In macroeconomics, a recession is a decline in a country's gross domestic product (GDP), or negative real economic growth, for two or more successive quarters of a year.

It is fair to say that the economy has tanked and that the government is not admitting it. I think the term for the current state is the wacky "stag-flation" - stagnant growth combined with inflation.

Fairy nuff - obviously as not living in the US whilst I do see the effects (nearly 1:2 GBP:$ is nice) the exact macroeconomical situation is not that covered in out media.

I still think that maybe people should not be so shocked that game sales in US are down.

Ohhhhh maybe we could start a sweepstake, which will the US government admit first:

A) The economy is in trouble
B) Global warming is very real
C) They only invaded Iraq for the oil

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Galactic Command Echo Squad SE
3. Re: Respect Mar 7, 2008, 13:03 Lorcin

oh I can't be bothered. Derek baiting is getting a bit old.

News Comments > Windows LIVE Marketplace Coming
10. Re: No subject Mar 7, 2008, 11:43 Lorcin

Sales are better outside North American?

I thought the American economy was totaled fubar and the only reason your not offically in recession is because the government won't admit it.

Maybe that has something to do with it?

1086 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo