Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1007 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Universal Combat Freeware
114. Re: Harkens back to the good old days... Jan 2, 2008, 23:11 Lorcin

hmm well Derek appears to have done one smart thing in his life. This thread has SO many replies it's just insane.

He's little flame war is turning what should be at best a "etc." post into one of the biggest threads of the last 12 months.

I would love to believe there really is a person anywhere in the world who stupid enough to believe his conduct in this thread were a good idea. Instead I honestly think that after the launch of BC3000AD Derek realised that bad publicity is better then none and this thread is just the latest crank of the free publicity wheel - much like the whole UC free tactic.

Derek is one of five or six "game" developers I could name 24/7, drunk or sober. Not for good reasons obviously but the cunning bastard gets his name EVERYWHERE.

Someone earlier compared him to the Uwe Boll of video games and that is just SO true. Motto? If you can't be good as your chosen profession then why not be try to make money by being as ridiculously bad as possible.

I think he is actually beyond Uwe Boll's level and is getting to cult status of shittiness ala Ed Wood. I'm probably gonna blow his master plan here but it would not surprise me if he fakes his own death soon after the release of his magnus shitus which will afterwards be called the worst console game ever. After that he will once and for all secure his cult status and his memory will live on for years - whilst his sitting on a beach somewhere living off the royalties and sales of "I got my PhD with Derek" T-shirts and other merchandise.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DNF Multiplatform?
6. Re: No subject Dec 19, 2007, 21:31 Lorcin

They're aiming for PS7, Xbox 2520 and Nintendo PooPoo Dolphin Fartpants (yes Wii is still a damn stupid name even if the console sells)

News Comments > Gore SE Patch
1. LOLCAKES Dec 16, 2007, 03:56 Lorcin

In the 2nd shot the billboard says "Millions of players will see your see you advertising here"

Can we sue them for false advertising advertising space??

News Comments > Free BCM Gold and Universal Combat Coming
24. Re: free games = good Dec 14, 2007, 04:06 Lorcin

I fail to see why you would bitch at him releasing his older games for free.

Cause it's a damn advertising ploy the everyone around here seems to think is a laudable gesture. His hoping someone, somewhere will actually like one of these and cough up for one of his newer versions.

News Comments > Free BCM Gold and Universal Combat Coming
16. Re: No subject Dec 14, 2007, 02:39 Lorcin

OI Smart! stop shitting in my stocking. Keep your crap away from christmas you bastard.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 3 Patch
7. Re: No subject Dec 11, 2007, 00:33 Lorcin

Is this the patch that magically de-ages me by 10 years so I'm still fast enough to play UT?

News Comments > Serious EVE Online WinXP Issue
29. Re: Glad I waited Dec 6, 2007, 14:15 Lorcin

shouldn't be affected?????

Vista doesn't even have or need a boot.ini you n00b. Rather then playing trials of games maybe you should learn more about your computer instead.

News Comments > Serious EVE Online WinXP Issue
15. Re: What ? Dec 6, 2007, 11:18 Lorcin

hehe the press release is from somebody called sharkbait

News Comments > Free Daikatana
19. Re: No subject Dec 6, 2007, 00:37 Lorcin

great a bloody lump of coal for christmas. wonder what I did to piss off the fat bastard this year.

News Comments > etc.
1. The sun Nov 29, 2007, 13:10 Lorcin

Ahahaha and the most read story today on the sun website?

"Bye to Britain's Biggest Bangers" - about an ugly orange woman getting her 2 fake space hoppers reduced.

2nd top? "Oh Brother, they’re big!" - about an ugly orange woman getting 2 (slightly smaller) implants put in.

Real highbrow stuff.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: No subject Nov 29, 2007, 11:04 Lorcin

omg Nathan Sawaya really needs to stay out of photos of his art. There's something kinda creepy about him.

News Comments > EVE Online Expansion Next Week
13. Re: So whats this game like? Nov 28, 2007, 18:39 Lorcin

My character is now two years old. I will continue to play this game indefinitely because the skill system does not require me to actually play the game. I can log on, set a skill to train and come back a week or a month later when the training is complete.

That was my problem with it - I realised 3 weeks into the game that the best way to play it at that time was....not play it.

I had my little skill monitor running and every 3 days or so I would need to log in and train a new skill. I'd already earned more then enough money repeating the same 5 or 6 quests to get a ship far beyond my capability to fly properly which basically meant not playing for about 2 months while my skills caught up with my bank balance.

I kinda stopped at that point. Just a pity you couldn't set a training queue up - my guy would be awesome by know.

News Comments > BlackSite: Area 51 Patch
11. Re: @ Lorcin Nov 17, 2007, 23:49 Lorcin

ok I haven't played area 51. My issue is that every time you look at a thread around here some idiot is shouting crysis or hellgate for no reason at all.

Story wise - well I know damn well crysis is essentially episodic and that the reason given for the story ending so sharply is that there is 2 more parts too come. So really your saying that the first third of crysis's story is great.
Shenmue 1 & 2 were also lauded for their story - but I think most people would now wait until the entire story is laid out before passing too much judgement on them.

As for the reviews? from your own link it's ranked 24th out of all games on the pc released this year. Real earth shattering stuff there.

Next.

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 23:58.

News Comments > BlackSite: Area 51 Patch
8. Re: No subject Nov 17, 2007, 22:00 Lorcin

4. Re: No subject Nov 17, 17:21 Wildone

too busy playing Crysis

yeah damn good thing you invested in that pyschotroll helmet so that you can make pointless and inflamatory remarks about other games whilst your obviously really busy playing something else.

Edit: Oh shit - checking this guys history I've insulted the biggest fan boi in history or a crytek employee either way.....................FUCK OFF crysis is not the messiah and is really only a glorified tech demo. Thats already backed up by the reviews which are quickly heading for the 80s rather then the 90s.

So please think before you put "Crysis" "MMM Crysis" or "Sorry mummy I thought about crysis again - could you please wash my tightey whiteys?" in any more threads which are about a game you deem may possibly be seen as a peer to crysis.
This comment was edited on Nov 17, 22:07.

News Comments > Hellgate: London Patch Plans
2. Re: Bug fixes Nov 16, 2007, 22:30 Lorcin

erm patch 0.5 so they're halfway to completing the first patch for the game?

Yay them!!!!!

I wonder if maybe they could get the guys behind the Vampire patches involved - they seem to release a whole patch every 3.6 seconds.

News Comments > Ghostbusters Announcement
3. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2007, 22:27 Lorcin

they also own SOE who don't do that much in the way of ps2/3/p game.

News Comments > Ghostbusters Announcement
1. No subject Nov 16, 2007, 22:01 Lorcin

“Ghostbusters is one of Sony Picture's most valued film franchises,” said Mark Caplan

yeah great mark - except that a film of you, Mr Mark Caplan, taking a great big dump would also be one of sony's most valued film franchises.

In real terms unless sony are going to say "actually you know what? ghostbusters is not now and never will be again worth a single penny" then it is one of their most valued film franchises.

Glitter or Crossroads are currently ranked in the imdb list of alltime classic films. They may be a long way down the list - but unless you quantify the list by actually defining an endpoint beyond which things are just shite then EVERYTHING is still there somewhere.
This comment was edited on Nov 16, 22:03.

News Comments > Ghostbusters Footage
18. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2007, 21:32 Lorcin

The ghost is wrong at 56s - should be 2 guys in electric chairs. Stay puft is also wrong - he was bigger or as big as the building the desperate for money 80s comedians, sorry ghostbusters, were on.

There also seems to be a MASSIVE "slimer" influence on this. Thoose of us old enough to remember the orginal film when it came out will probably remember that slimer had no bigger part then greedo in star wars. This seems to be promoting him to the levels he is used in ghostbusters 2 and the spinoffs - really not good.

Next thing you know we'll have walking statues of liberty.

From this footage it doesn't seem much more then PC luigis mansion.

News Comments > Ghostbusters Game Plans
12. Re: Hoping Nov 14, 2007, 21:25 Lorcin

I guess you never had to sit through the "Real Ghostbusters" cartoons etc for the last few years.

Tarnishing the memory of the first film began with the second - and since then barely a year has gone by without them flogging the (un)dead horse in someway or another.

I'm damn sure if I checked my kids rooms I'd find a mcdonald's or burger king ghostbuster toy from fairly recently!

News Comments > Ghostbusters Game Plans
7. Re: Hoping Nov 14, 2007, 20:52 Lorcin

"I ain't afraid of no two decades too late cash-in"

Doesn't have the same ring really.

1007 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo