Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1020 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Champions Online Announced
5. Re: No subject Feb 20, 2008, 13:10 Lorcin

So this is the game that wasn't good enough for marvel?

Can't wait. Honest.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blue Mars Announced
5. Re: Blue's? Feb 20, 2008, 00:27 Lorcin

Yeah sure - a MMO using the crysis engine. That won't lag at raids at all will it!

Vanguard used the unreal 3 engine and had such bad performance it was a gamebreaker for many people.

News Comments > UK Bank Bans WoW Transactions
2. Re: No subject Feb 18, 2008, 12:54 Lorcin

Hmm for uk people affected by the try www.360money.com
It's a prepayed debit card which you can top up at any paypoint (petrol/corner shops).

It comes in very handy when paying for stuff on the internet from sites you don't want having your actual card details (or in this case you can't use your normal card for).

BTW I don't work for 360 or have anything to do with them. Just trying to help.

News Comments > GeForce 8 Series to get PhysX
6. Re: No subject Feb 14, 2008, 12:49 Lorcin

Hmm this sucks - I have one 8-series card in which is loaded to maximum most of the time.

But I do have 2 more cpu cores pretty much doing nothing at the same time.

I'd much rather see games properly multi-threaded onto multi-core cpus then put more work on my GFX card.

News Comments > Intel, Microsoft, NVIDIA, AMD, and More in Gaming Alliance
14. Re: No subject Feb 13, 2008, 00:40 Lorcin

Why not get Sony and Nintendo in there too

Funny you should mention Sony. I wonder who sells more PC games, SOE or Microsoft

News Comments > Multi-GPU Issues
11. Re: John Carmack explained this years ag Feb 9, 2008, 20:40 Lorcin

Erm I'm sorry but for the 0.1% of people reading this who actually run 3 gpus at a res of 2560x1600...

HAHA

I would actually embed that as an mp3 - but your probably deaf from the noise of your PC anyway.

On a more serious note - anybody, in any job, in any country who actually thinks that running 3 graphics cards at once would not be:

A) A collosal waste of money
B) A unworthy performance increase over 2 or even 1
C) Bug and performance issue ridden

NEEDS FUCKING SHOOTING. Seriously the nvidia guys who believe your avaerage gamers will buy this must of got their PHds from the same place as Mr D.Smart Esquire.

This comment was edited on Feb 9, 20:44.

News Comments > FlatOut Ultimate Carnage Coming to PCs
13. Re: No subject Feb 2, 2008, 19:52 Lorcin

Why is this news?

More to the point WHY?

Seriously I will play a racing game on a console once in a while - but PCs and racing games just never feel quite right. Kind of a comfort factor - if I want something as utterly brainless as a racing game I would much rather be lounging on the sofa.

The opposite is also true - FPS are ALWAYS on the pc. I'd rather wait for a crappy port the deal with a controller.

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 19:53.

News Comments > Infogrames Strikes Back
1. Erm yeah Jan 25, 2008, 12:40 Lorcin

Because really the big problem with Atari games is that they don't have enough advertising. Seems to me Atari most need some common sense - but unfortunately you can't buy that.

It's simple really:

"We want to make another Matrix game" "NO"
"We want to make another Driver" "NO"
"We want to make a D&D game because obviously people who play computer RPGs all play tabletop games" "NO"
"We want to make a movie spinoff" "NO"

It seriously would not amaze me if next week they announced that they'd come to a licensing agreement with Mr Smart (PHD).

News Comments > New Anarchy Online Subscriptions & Engine Movie
4. Re: Some things never change... Jan 23, 2008, 20:31 Lorcin

great now you can grind hecks from level 30-220 in shiny new 3d.

I quit AO shortly after getting to the 6th part of shadowsland
when I asked what do we do now and they said - kill hacks. That was at about level 180. Must have been INSANE!

News Comments > Hellgate: London Stonehenge Live
1. Should read Jan 22, 2008, 18:19 Lorcin

Hellgate: London Stonehenge Live - Servers Dead

News Comments > Hellgate: London - Stonehenge Nears
27. Re: no Subject. Jan 18, 2008, 20:23 Lorcin

So you guys imagine that anybody who bought the lifetime subscription package and after this lame announcement committed hari-kari.

Would their family have grounds too sue for false advertising this shit as a game and therefore bury this crap once and for all?

Or would the mighty Eula win again?

(Translation: HAHA lifetime subscription peeps - we fucking told you so)

News Comments > Spacetime & NCsoft Deal Dead
3. Re: No subject Jan 12, 2008, 05:30 Lorcin

Don't worry guys - no matter what sorry state your game is in. SOE will release it!

News Comments > Vanguard Postmortem
18. Re: LOL Jan 6, 2008, 04:18 Lorcin

$40m. Only in this business will you piss away that kind of money and actually live to see another day, let alone get another high profile job.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460780/business

It's not that uncommon in other businesses really. To be fair I went back to VG for a couple of months last summer. Got up to about 20 again but just couldn't be bothered with it. There was nothing really wrong (apart from the performance on my kinda aging PC) - it just didn't have that addictive hook.

It left my wife cold too even though she's played EQ2, AO, WoW extensively - this one she never played once.

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 04:32.

News Comments > Universal Combat Freeware
114. Re: Harkens back to the good old days... Jan 2, 2008, 23:11 Lorcin

hmm well Derek appears to have done one smart thing in his life. This thread has SO many replies it's just insane.

He's little flame war is turning what should be at best a "etc." post into one of the biggest threads of the last 12 months.

I would love to believe there really is a person anywhere in the world who stupid enough to believe his conduct in this thread were a good idea. Instead I honestly think that after the launch of BC3000AD Derek realised that bad publicity is better then none and this thread is just the latest crank of the free publicity wheel - much like the whole UC free tactic.

Derek is one of five or six "game" developers I could name 24/7, drunk or sober. Not for good reasons obviously but the cunning bastard gets his name EVERYWHERE.

Someone earlier compared him to the Uwe Boll of video games and that is just SO true. Motto? If you can't be good as your chosen profession then why not be try to make money by being as ridiculously bad as possible.

I think he is actually beyond Uwe Boll's level and is getting to cult status of shittiness ala Ed Wood. I'm probably gonna blow his master plan here but it would not surprise me if he fakes his own death soon after the release of his magnus shitus which will afterwards be called the worst console game ever. After that he will once and for all secure his cult status and his memory will live on for years - whilst his sitting on a beach somewhere living off the royalties and sales of "I got my PhD with Derek" T-shirts and other merchandise.

News Comments > DNF Multiplatform?
6. Re: No subject Dec 19, 2007, 21:31 Lorcin

They're aiming for PS7, Xbox 2520 and Nintendo PooPoo Dolphin Fartpants (yes Wii is still a damn stupid name even if the console sells)

News Comments > Gore SE Patch
1. LOLCAKES Dec 16, 2007, 03:56 Lorcin

In the 2nd shot the billboard says "Millions of players will see your see you advertising here"

Can we sue them for false advertising advertising space??

News Comments > Free BCM Gold and Universal Combat Coming
24. Re: free games = good Dec 14, 2007, 04:06 Lorcin

I fail to see why you would bitch at him releasing his older games for free.

Cause it's a damn advertising ploy the everyone around here seems to think is a laudable gesture. His hoping someone, somewhere will actually like one of these and cough up for one of his newer versions.

News Comments > Free BCM Gold and Universal Combat Coming
16. Re: No subject Dec 14, 2007, 02:39 Lorcin

OI Smart! stop shitting in my stocking. Keep your crap away from christmas you bastard.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 3 Patch
7. Re: No subject Dec 11, 2007, 00:33 Lorcin

Is this the patch that magically de-ages me by 10 years so I'm still fast enough to play UT?

News Comments > Serious EVE Online WinXP Issue
29. Re: Glad I waited Dec 6, 2007, 14:15 Lorcin

shouldn't be affected?????

Vista doesn't even have or need a boot.ini you n00b. Rather then playing trials of games maybe you should learn more about your computer instead.

1020 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo