Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1019 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Violent Game "Journalism"
13. Re: No subject Mar 31, 2008, 18:48 Lorcin

What are the main differences between our freedom of speech laws and theirs? Is it simply they have greater protection from libel suits or.....?

We don't have freedom of speech laws.

You could be charged with slander or liable in this country but it is still a hanging offense to commit treason. Please note when I say hanging I do mean it - you could rape and slaughter 500 children in this country and only get prison - but insult the queen and your dead.

Our law is in a mess. For instance it is actually LEGAL to urinate on the drivers side of any cab/taxi within london. Nobody is gonna try it because honestly if you piss on a cab drivers car he will kick your head in - but legally it's fine to do so.

The big problem is where as your laws are pretty new some of ours date back so far that some were carved into rock but a T-Rex.

Unfortunatly for us the government here in the uk never for one second thought it would be a good idea for people to be able to say what they thought. America likes to brainwash people into supporting their country with the pledge at school and the general "USA ALL THE WAY" attitude. GB on the other hand much prefer that we're shit scared of being executed if we say anything wrong.

But hey we haven't lost a war in very nearly 200 years so honestly who is right?

PS Fucking bollocks now I have a nice fat file with MI5 as well as the CIA. Shit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Violent Game "Journalism"
9. Re: No subject Mar 31, 2008, 10:30 Lorcin

Oh sweet - free moneyz. I'll go rob a few houses tonight to steal some more violent videa games which I can give to my children. That story should see nicely and be completely safe because amazingly our police are as professional as the media - they WILL NOT investigate a burglery unless you, the victim, know who did it.

Oh and I'm willing to bet this is the Daily Mail.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky in August
21. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2008, 16:28 Lorcin

This is one of thoose guilty failures of mine. I own the game. It's upstairs in a box along with X3 and various others which no matter how much I try and love them I just cannot get into them.

I'm kinda proud of myself for playing bioshock last night for a few hours.

I love these games in principal - but in reality I just cannot get into them. Every single one of the elements are right - but at the same time some designer along the way forgot to inject it with my own brand of digital crack.

News Comments > NCsoft's Unreal Engine 3 Plans
1. No subject Mar 25, 2008, 12:35 Lorcin

OMG somebody should let Tim know - Unreal on a PC!

Preposterous.

News Comments > Creative: Asus EAX Support Lacking
18. Re: No subject Mar 25, 2008, 11:02 Lorcin

My main reason for getting the X-Fi was simply framerates. Popping in a hardware solution rather then software gained me an extra 10% performance on my old gaming rig. And was far more effective then any other upgrade for the same money.

It's also quite handy tou have your gaming headset plugged into you onboard sound and still have music coming from the addon if your in a 6 hour raid or similar.

This comment was edited on Mar 25, 11:02.

News Comments > Galactic Command: Echo Squad SE Patch
4. Re: Stop lying blue Mar 21, 2008, 21:49 Lorcin

ok must have missed good thursday. oh and the little fact that the jewish callendar is far more acurate then the christian one and this isn't passover week.

but hey who am i to shoot holes in your obviously watertight arguments.

Oh btw didn't see it was you samurai - please feel free to insert fuck, shit, bollocks, wank, cunt into my answer wherever it offends you most.

News Comments > Galactic Command: Echo Squad SE Patch
1. Stop lying blue Mar 21, 2008, 21:08 Lorcin

Everyone here knows that each of Derek's games are the pinnacle of both programming and gaming excellence and would never need patching.

You will burn in hell for suggesting that Derek's work is so imperfect that it needs patching you blasphemer.

This weekend as well???? Shame on you - remember Derek lost his publishing deal but on the 3rd day he defecated; sorry! published again.

BTW Off topic - Jesus dies on Friday and stays dead for 3 days. So on the Sunday we're celebrating what? Jesus is dead and will come back to life tomorrow????? That makes nearly as much sense as a egg laying rabbit.

News Comments > Ubisoft Buys "Tom Clancy"
30. Re: No subject Mar 20, 2008, 18:48 Lorcin

Do you guys who post on here regulary really have such foul mouthes in real life?

Didnt your mothers ever wash your mouths out with soap?

Can we get a thread here at least occasionally that you dont see endless reams of the Fbomb and others? Furthermore why is that kind of language even allowed on a site that has kids and early teens regulary visiting it?

Its time to clean up your guys language its immature and ridiculous.

Honestly - if you don't it like stay out of the comments. You will definatly not be missed. Btw that so called fbomb you are scared of is actually one of the most colourful and versatile words in the english language. It can be used as a noun, adjective, verb, adverb etc etc. The word has been a part of the english language since the 15th century and yet you fear it - most likely because it is used to express stronger emotions then you will allow into your life.

(Look mum I didn't swear!)

BTW Ubisoft buys Tom Clancy? Slavery is bad mmmkay

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 19:02.

News Comments > Galactic Command: KnightBlade Announced
51. Re: No subject Mar 18, 2008, 19:54 Lorcin

I don't think I'd be seen in a store holding a copy of a game with a title like that.

Hehe theres about as much chance of you finding it in a store as there is of Derek winning a Hugo Award for the writing.

42. Re: No subject Mar 18, 2008, 17:49 Lorcin

Though I am in fact, half-naked and sitting out back by the poolside and staring at the lake as I type this. Quick!! Go grab Google Maps!!

Wow I finally know something I'd like to see less than one of Derek's screenshots. Half nakid Derek - ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.

*edit oh god it gets worse. Just imagine him whispering sweet nothings - sorry trollings - in your ear.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 17:50.

34. Re: No subject Mar 18, 2008, 16:36 Lorcin

I say GODDAMN someone done bought the hillbillies a computer!

Soooiiieee!

*Edit as far as I know rednecks are a subspecies of human and therefore not classed as a race.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 16:39.

11. Re: No subject Mar 18, 2008, 13:11 Lorcin

http://www.3000ad.com/pics/gcKB/08-03-18/BRIDGE15.JPG

Wow that spaceage starch the guy used on his suit is awesome!

7. Re: No subject Mar 18, 2008, 12:44 Lorcin

Ok fess up who feed Derek the laxative?

News Comments > Epic on Steam
19. Re: ... Mar 17, 2008, 19:41 Lorcin

I'm not sure why so many heaped scorn on Unreal 2. No, it wasn't the epic (no pun intended) game that people expected but it was still a very solid shooter.

Remember the first unreal - the menu screen with the camera doing a flyby on a castle. From that very first moment it was special. Unreal 2 was just a very generic mission based that couldn't wow as much as the loading screen in unreal 1 did.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: No subject Mar 17, 2008, 17:45 Lorcin

It strikes me getting console players addicted to MMOs would be a bad move. Surely Sony would rather be flogging them games which last 4.6 nanoseconds start to finish so that they keep buying more?

If there all addicted to one never ending game either the subscription rates would have to be huge or Sony would lose out in the long run.

News Comments > Pyroblazer Announced
8. Re: Wipeout Font. Mar 17, 2008, 17:35 Lorcin

Might be ok for a blast on the psp. I doubt it would hold up on a pc - and the wii will have a "unique and innovative" control scheme.

News Comments > Epic on Steam
9. Re: bigger Mar 17, 2008, 17:30 Lorcin

So Unreal gold - great game 10 years ago. Unfortunately it's aged about as well as Jackie Stallone.

Unreal 2 which always sucked like the bastard child of a Taiwanese hooker and a Dyson.

Unreal Tournament 1 and 2004 - real cutting edge stuff there.

Unreal Tournament 3 - winner of both the bleh and meh awards for last year.

All these classics for 59.99 - I wonder exactly how drunk someone would have to be to pay that.

News Comments > Sam & Max 204 Release & Demo
5. Re: no difference between demo/full Mar 14, 2008, 18:37 Lorcin

GameTap isn't the only way to get the Sam and Max series.

Yup - don't deny there is other options. But a gametap gold membership seems an awfull lot more value for money then just a one off purchase.

I'd be playing every episode if I could get that here (I've dual booted my PC for less then what they offer). But for some insane reason all they say is that they will spread beyond the USA and Canada during 2007. I have no idea how to shout numbers but really at this point it is starting to piss me off.

PS Plus of course their NOT carrying Dr Derek Smart PHD games afterall which is always a bonus.
This comment was edited on Mar 14, 18:39.

News Comments > Manhunt 2 Granted UK Release
4. Re: No subject Mar 14, 2008, 15:39 Lorcin

Still don't think this game is any way shape or form necessary - seriously nothing but bad could possibly come from this trash.

I don't like the BBFC in any way shape or form (give me pr0n goddammit) but anything anybody can do to stop this shit getting into the hands of kids/teenagers the better.

It made me feel dirty and the idea of any of my children playing it is really quite sickening.

News Comments > CPL Closes
18. Re: No subject Mar 14, 2008, 15:34 Lorcin

I do find it quite incredible they kept going for 10 years. Surely the mass market for any sports coverage is TV. I know ticket sales are nice but big money comes from TV rights (certainly for football in England).

At the same time the only people who would watch gamer matches ; the gamers; probably spend far less time staring at the TV then normal people (I watch 1 or 2 hours per week tops).

So really showing footage of games that mainly appeals to gamers is kinda of like selling ice creams in the middle of a desert. There may very well be a market but trying to deliver the product to that market is next to impossible.

1019 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo