Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1083 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Devil May Cry 4 Cries Piracy
41. Re: BS Aug 1, 2008, 12:05 Lorcin

You could have done the exact same thing with the demo, downloaded a fraction of the file size and got the same result. Why should anyone believe that you spent however much time downloading 8 gigs, to play for 5min and uninstall. Me thinks you are full of shit, as are most piraters.

You've never had fileplanet or the like download at 100kb/s whilst a torrent stream runs at near full line speed? Why do you think blizzard use torrents for patching?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Devil May Cry 4 Cries Piracy
24. Re: BS Aug 1, 2008, 10:54 Lorcin

Most active torrent per game title:
- Devil May Cry 4 PC: about 1600 seeders
- Alone in the Dark PC: about 250 seeders

Funny thing about this? DMC4 has what 6 times more seeders then AITD but the AITD COPIES DON'T WORK. It hasn't been cracked which does go to prove just how uninterested in DMC4 the PC people are.

News Comments > X3: Terran Conflict Trailer
1. Can't wait Jul 31, 2008, 22:33 Lorcin

I love the x-series it can be so beautifully chilled.

Oh and btw Derek? Look! A helpful interface and graphics from this millennium.

News Comments > More Star Trek Online Beans Spilled
24. Re: mmmm... nothing Jul 28, 2008, 04:52 Lorcin

To explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no man has gone before. Erm Apart from the beta testers.

Personally I think this will tank - normal people won't touch it with a bargepole and star trek fans are so damn fussy they will never be happy with it.

News Comments > NAMCO's Hellgate Non-Announcement
15. Re: No subject Jul 23, 2008, 16:18 Lorcin

Since NAMCO had nothing to do with the failure of Flagship or Hellgate, I don't see the point in ragging on them by immaturely rephrasing their forum post that actually communicates with their customers.

Erm if you count them as "their customers" then apparently yeah they are in fact involved in the whole fiasco.

Btw Namco Bandai Games America's portfolio on the pc consists of:

Curious George™
Dead to Rights® II
Mage Knight™: Apocalypse
Namco Museum™ 50th Anniversary Arcade Collection
Pac-Man World™ 3
Pac-Man® World Rally™
Sniper Elite™
Snoopy™ vs The Red Baron
Street Racing Syndicate™
Warhammer® Mark of Chaos
Warhammer®: Mark of Chaos Battle March™

Just because they are good on the consoles definatley does mean their PC games are any good - or are you a fan of Snoopy vs The Red Baron?

Still I think Hellgate will fit nicely into that list.

News Comments > NAMCO's Hellgate Non-Announcement
6. Re: No subject Jul 23, 2008, 12:32 Lorcin

jesus don't throw the fanboys a lifeline I was enjoying watching their dellusions shatter.

I am kinda amazed this didn't come tagged with a reopening of a limited (eternity) run of founder recruitment.

News Comments > Rebellion acquires Razorworks
4. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2008, 20:11 Lorcin

Yeah seems kinda fitting - rebellion make games which would be called popcorn movies in a different medium.

Then they buy a company famous for a game based on driving fords (you know thoose really sucky cars you drive when you can't get anything else for the money and prey it doesn't rust to pieces before you've finished signing the papers).

Then again maybe:

Ford Racing + Incoming (shooting aliens) = Redneck Paradise!

News Comments > HanbitSoft on Flagship
11. Re: No subject Jul 17, 2008, 12:46 Lorcin

A film version would flop as hard as the game for a number of reasons:
1. Nobody who knew of the game would give at a second glance apart from Roper's fanbois.
2. Anyone who didn't know of the game but knew the film was based on a game would avoid it like the plague.
3. The budget would have to be huge to pull off demons even remotely well.
4. "Doomsday" has just done the whole post-apocalyptic in a ruined city (they even smartly did it in glasgow so they didn't have to dress it much). The budget was 30m and it made about 20m at the box office. Whilst it did have a lot of gore effects it didn't need creature FX so a Hellgate movie would need a lot bigger budget.
5. "I am Legend" did pull off the post-apocalyptic thing - but it cost 150m!

SO basically it would need a huge budget and not many people would go and see it. I doubt we'll see a hellgate movie anytime soon (unless it a documentary on how to stiff your customers via the power of PR)

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 12:58.

News Comments > Flagship Loses IPs, Closes
19. Re: No subject Jul 12, 2008, 17:17 Lorcin

As the media propagates "how bad the economy is" I think we will see more of this.

Yeah because honestly when the economy was great I honestly didn't mind paying for a piece of shit I'd never play.

AFAIK computer games are one of the very few growth areas atm with a good game making far more money then the sanitized political shite the film companies make.

News Comments > Flagship Loses IPs, Closes
16. Re: No subject Jul 12, 2008, 17:06 Lorcin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo&feature=related

BTW I'm sorry but what is their actual IP? A cross between Devil May Cry and Diablo. How the hell can they claim that is their idea. It's like rewriting Magician but setting it in Middle Earth and claiming it too be new.

The very best they can ever claim is plagiarism and borderline fraudulent behaviour.

Seriously this is just Limbo Of The Lost with marketing who want your credit cards!

PS This just confirms by worries about lifetime subscriptions. I guess codemasters thought LOTRO was shittier then it actually turned out as they also offered the "make huge profits on the vague promise of awesome content" ploy.

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 17:13.

News Comments > Flagship Shake-up - Hellgate Takeover Attempt?
22. Re: Not Just 3 Guys... Jul 11, 2008, 20:17 Lorcin

It would seem from the majority of comments on this game that they appear to have got the name the wrong way around.

Surely "Flagship from the Gate of Hell" would be more apt then "Hellgate from Flagship".

Silly people making such a basic mistake.

Oh, btw I really REALLY cannot describe how much I'm laughing at the peeps who bought a lifetime subscription about now.

News Comments > Hell's Kitchen: The Video Game Announced
5. Re: AWESOME! Jul 10, 2008, 12:13 Lorcin

omg this really is getting as bad as the 80s - what's next a DIY SOS game?

I bet when this only sells two copies it's not because gamer fans of the show take one look and hurl Ramsey style expletives at it. Nope it will be piracy.

News Comments > Race Driver: GRID Patch
2. Re: Grid is a greatgame BUT Jul 10, 2008, 10:51 Lorcin

Below is the fix list for the patch.
Fixlist:

* Fix for sessions list overflow and missing characters in front end.
* Fix for errors generated on game shutdown
* Support for TrackIR
* Online experience points: more points awarded for completing longer races
* Assists on/off toggle added to session creation and browsing
* All offline events (apart from head-to-heads and touge) are now available
* online (event voting screen now scrolls to see additional championships).
* Fix for failure to recognise some devices in user-created action map presets, including Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2.
* Fixed GRID startup issue where it appears as a process in Task Manager but fails to run.
* Additional experience points are awarded for not colliding with other cars whilst racing damage on or forward sessions.

News Comments > Crytek - EU Thinks Shooters are Bad, Mmmkay?
13. Re: No subject Jun 25, 2008, 12:35 Lorcin

Erm no "EU thinks BAD shooters are Bad, Mmmmkay?"

They release a decent FPS not just a shiny Halo clone and maybe it will be more popular.

News Comments > Alone in the Dark Ships in EU; DRM Info
8. Re: Ugh... Jun 20, 2008, 12:14 Lorcin

I'd like to know how Atari are planning to prove this. Even if they did use pirated copies all they have to do is pick up a copy of the game on the way to court and say "here you go - this is what we used - we have a contact in a game store".  

News Comments > Alone in the Dark Ships in EU; DRM Info
3. Re: Ugh... Jun 20, 2008, 10:00 Lorcin

OMG talk about blame the pirates for everything!

"Our game sucks" - Blame the pirates
"Our game flopped" - Blame the pirates
"My life didn't turn out the way they wanted it too" - Blame the pirates

Seriously how can a post on one hand big up their DRM then promptly claim it has been cracked and people are reviewing the game early.

BTW Atari - it's not been cracked yet because from the reviews it doesn't seem to be worth the effort for the people to crack it or the bandwidth for the people to download it.

News Comments > Godfather Game Lawsuit
23. Re: Spoken... Jun 19, 2008, 14:27 Lorcin

I don't see why your complaining that Anthony Puzo has filed this. He is defending a contract his father made whilst he was alive. It's not as if Anthony himself is trying to set up the contract and gain new money for it - the money was owed to Mario but has passed to his son now.

Your not telling me if Paramount owed your dad 1 million but your dad died you wouldn't try and collect that million.

News Comments > Godfather Game Lawsuit
3. Re: No subject Jun 19, 2008, 12:30 Lorcin

Oh greed, what would we do without you? It's good to know that a guy who had nothing to do with development of the game deserves at least $1 million from its profits.

Yeah like Puzo didn't develop the story or the characters at all. If Puzo were alive I doubt you'd be dumb enough to question that he was owed the money. Upon his death the Godfather is now essentially a businness owned by the estate.

Of course they want their money!

News Comments > Grimm Trailer
2. Re: LOL Jun 14, 2008, 21:15 Lorcin

I'm VERY sorry but there is no way I would buy that even though I have a boxed copy of Alice still which I love simply because of the art style (let's be honest - the game is pretty poor).

Whilst the art style looks semi-promising the rest of that trailer looks utterly dreadfull. Seriously if that is what they get pushing their engine way beyond it's limits for a trailer I dread to think what will happen in game.

1083 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo