Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1019 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Bond is Back - Quantum of Solace Revealed
22. Re: No subject May 9, 2008, 13:18 Lorcin

The only Alien game on the Amiga was Alien 3 (which also appeared on SNES and Genesis). The one you're probably thinking of is either Activision's Aliens on C64 etc or Electric Dreams' Aliens (also 8-bit). Both came out in 1987, although I consider the latter to be superior (it was an early forefather of the first-person shooter).

Thanks couldn't quite remember wether it was Amstrad or Amiga - guess Amstrad (we didn't have a C64).

Btw if you want an earlier forerunner of the fps try Phantom Slayer on the Dragon 32 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_Slayer - used to scare the pants off of me (I was only 8).

Back on topic I kind of liked the Return Of The King tie in too - only because of the coop

This comment was edited on May 9, 13:19.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bond is Back - Quantum of Solace Revealed
12. Re: No subject May 9, 2008, 11:14 Lorcin

AVP was original they both came out before the films (although after the books which were a shit load better then the films).

I'd go with Riddick but goldeneye left me cold (never liked FPS on a console).

The Aliens game back on the amiga was good (I think that was 20 years ago).

News Comments > PC Burnout Paradise
5. Re: No subject May 9, 2008, 11:05 Lorcin

Sweet - now they just need to confirm GTAIV, MGS, Final Fantasy and Gran Turismo (I can dream).

News Comments > DOOM 4 Announced
42. Re: doom4 May 7, 2008, 18:56 Lorcin

I play games on the highest difficulty level because I want the best AI a game has to offer

Erm in general don't they just make bullets hurt you more whilst your bullets do less damage. Unless of course they really go wacky and have the korean guys start speaking in korean but what kind of retarded aardvark would think up that stunner.

News Comments > On Mass Effect & Spore Copy Protection
196. Re: no subject May 7, 2008, 04:19 Lorcin

Why don't people ever mention that the most profitable PC game (WoW) is one that has zero piracy? Its not a fucking co-incidence.

Maybe cause it is quite heavily pirated - you can barely search for wow info without tripping over "private" servers.

130. Re: Great Post I Found May 6, 2008, 19:20 Lorcin

I don't get paid for this crap you know!

Nah he gets paid for other crap - see http://www.3000ad.com/site/ucce/ for details

BTW not really laughing about a bootable dvd game on my PC - christ if they can run linux off a bootable CD why the hell shouldn't someone be able to make a game run.

This comment was edited on May 6, 19:23.

127. Re: No subject May 6, 2008, 19:17 Lorcin

Ohh liberty city - that should be interesting data (which we'll never see).

How many copies of GTA:IV are sold on the xbox 360 and how many on PS3 compared to the number of machines in circulation. The 360 has been hacked to hell whilst the PS3 is still completely uncracked.

That would actually just for once show the difference piracy does make - however of course the xbox number would be lower because of all the people who bought a replacement after their first one broke.

121. Re: No subject May 6, 2008, 19:08 Lorcin

Simpler solution - stop running on windows and run directly on the hardware instead. Most people are on ATI/Nvidia GFX and there's not that many chipset manufacturers either.

Someone just needs to put together a package to scan what hardware is installed then tell the main program to use which selection of libraries.

Oh but wait - everyone would bitch about not being able to alt+tab and having to boot like a console!

Even so it whould work perfectly and totally stop PC piracy - I'm sure if Derek and Cliffski got together they could knock something up in a week or too.

(BTW Please don't take this idea seriously)

This comment was edited on May 6, 19:11.

119. Re: No subject May 6, 2008, 19:03 Lorcin

So why doesn't EA just take the money they used to license SecuROM and take those stupid ass viral marketers who invade game forums and just make a dedicated anti-piracy department (the EA Gestapo) that does nothing but search the web, torrent sites for cracks, ISOs of their games, etc. and contact (threaten with a lawsuit) those hosting them to take them down?

That really wouldn't work - the RIAA has been trying to get albums off the net for years and ended up going after the people downloading it instead in the end.

Even if they did manage to somehow kill bittorrent and the rest of the p2p applications it would just go back to the newsgroups and ftp sites anyway.

114. Re: Great Post I Found May 6, 2008, 18:55 Lorcin

My main reason for liking this is that I'm a subscriber of Metaboli (Europe's Gametap). Unfortunatly I can't play some games that are as recent as two years old because their copy protection is not compatible with vista.

Unless M$ manage to totally change the TCP/IP stack with the next release of windows there should be no reason a phone home system should fail.

107. Re: Great Post I Found May 6, 2008, 18:49 Lorcin

Not sure about warhammer but STALKER, Crysis and Witcher shipped with copy protection.

96. Re: no subject May 6, 2008, 18:40 Lorcin

I don't see a problem either - I would imagine that hopefully, possibly the phone home system will be turned off after a while with a patch. That would mean EA could take the servers down and also give people who don't have internet (WTF SERIOUSLY???) at home the ability to play it.

If bioshock is anything to go by they'll start relaxing it pretty soon after release - just long enough to stop the initial wave of pirates who must have the game on (or before) it's release date.

BTW Don't you find it strange Derek has an opinion on copy protection - I mean seriously is there anyone anywhere in the world who has the basic computing knowledge required to install a pirate game that would for one single second think it would be worth the bandwidth and effort to pirate one of Derek's games?????

News Comments > Hear Yee - Don't Buy GTA4 for the Kiddies
59. Re: No subject Apr 25, 2008, 19:36 Lorcin

Or that violence is OK, but sex isn't.

OMFG this topic has actually made me think tonight - and to be perfectly honest I would must rather my daughter (9) watched violence then sex atm - simply because I don't want to answer the questions!!!!

Maybe that's where America's values came from - scared parents.

PS Before anyone looks up my history and asks; the other two can see neither sex nor violence nor the light of day if they keep winding me up mohahahaha

News Comments > Hear Yee - Don't Buy GTA4 for the Kiddies
14. Re: No subject Apr 25, 2008, 11:53 Lorcin

There are about 15 really sad things to say abot this whole thread and topic.

Like .... Why is "adult" content to you people and most of the world now always dealing with more sexual perversion, gratuitous ammounts of violence, killing and maiming innocents, gore, stealing extortion and the like.

Why isnt "adult" content ever being more responsible, doing good, helping others and not hurting innocent people?

Why do you guys only find enjoyment and satisfaction more and more every year only with ever increasing ammounts of this kind of garbage?

You people all need to seriously ask yourselves what kind of people you are and becoming as the days pass.

Ok now I've stopped laughing - have you considered that many of us are well adjusted people who do the type of things you list throughout the day and find a blast on a morally corrupt piece of trash quite relaxing at the end of a long day samarating.

I can honestly say that not only have I never had sexual congress with a prosititute in my life - nor have I even once considered then beating her to death to get my cash back.

Maybe that is why it is fun to do it in a GAME.

News Comments > Lineage II: Hellbound Released
6. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2008, 17:02 Lorcin

I bought this back in decemeber - got around to installing it in January and was really surprised when I got a mail telling me my account had expired a month later.

Totally forgot I had the thing installed - I think I logged in twice.

Still I'm sure some people love it.

News Comments > Gold - Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures
37. Re: lite Apr 22, 2008, 20:07 Lorcin

erm hope this doesn't break nda but the last patch on mine was more like 4.5-5GB so you may underestimating at 600mb

Not saying anymore or funcom will come and shoot my dog.

News Comments > New Galactic Command: Echo Squad SE Content
9. Re: No subject Apr 22, 2008, 20:04 Lorcin

30gb does seem suspiciously large - I think DSmart is actually setting up his own distributed computing network to try and calculate how best to ***********

(insert your best reason here - I had loads but most of them were insulting tbh)

EDIT: WHOOPS LOOKS LIKE ME AND THE LAST 3 POSTERS ARE IN THE WRONG THREAD. Still quite a funny idea

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 20:09.

News Comments > Violent Game "Journalism"
15. Re: No subject Mar 31, 2008, 19:42 Lorcin

ROFLMAO HRA yeah right - that is a European law which the government indisputably has a way around if they want to use it.

News Comments > DX 11 This Year? No
41. Re: No subject Mar 31, 2008, 19:32 Lorcin

oops
This comment was edited on Mar 31, 19:33.

News Comments > DX 11 This Year? No
40. Re: No subject Mar 31, 2008, 19:26 Lorcin

In fact, most of the people I find that bitch about Vista have either never run it. Have piss-poor hardware or have completely bought into the Mac ad's.

Or bought a brand new dell xps - had it blue screen within 5 hours and discovered that it would be 50/50 as to whether WoW would run for more then ten minutes (after 10 minutes it generally would hold together - unless it decided to PSOD).

That is my vista story. Honest. No bullshit. One of the biggest PC manufactures shipped me a PC which was made for gaming which could not run the biggest PC game on the market (which is so graphicly challenging that it is able to run on my grandfathers hamster-in-a-wheel powered antique).

Why did my new XPS fail so badly?

Was it the hardware?

NO - since rebuilding to XP x64 I have had precisely 0 - thats ZERO - blue, purple, red, green, polka-dot crashes. Not one. WoW goes in and stays in every time (although I've quit playing since I bought the machine). Every bloody thing works.

So was it Dells version of Vista?

Ok this I doubt. Yes I'll freely admit it did have some shitty ISP and that crappy M$ (doesn't)Works on it but really it was pretty vanilla.

So given that I personally accuse Vista.

About this time some people are gonna start bitching that Nvidia caused 28.8% of all vista crashes last year and ATI created 9%. But considering the amount of desktop PCs out there with only built in GFX cards (and a fair few of them are nvidia made remember) and the picture looks awfully more like vista has a problem with any GFX card.

I'm becoming pretty convinced that the next Windows recommended specs will include:

A) A braile compatable monitor.
B) A blind opperator.
C) At least 57.6 TB if storage for the OS.

(Oh the machine is 2 months old before you say that was my day 1 teething problems)

PS: Blue you go pwned.
PPS: Derek! your here. But I'm too tired to be bothered. Hmm then again - DSmart posting in a thred which was meant to be about the cutting edge of graphics technology. That actually funnier then the original joke

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 19:34.

1019 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo