Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1019 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Patches
1. Re: Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Patches Nov 20, 2008, 20:51 Lorcin

Wow that has to be a first - a notification of a patch which contains more words than the game in question has sales.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EVE Shooter Plans?
2. Re: EVE Shooter Plans? Nov 8, 2008, 15:40 Lorcin

The only way that would work is as a single player game possibly with some multiplayer components. The trouble with Eve single player would be the simple fact they would have to completly invent it from scratch - they'd have the universe and that's all. The simple fact is, as the Eve missions show, Eve is neither hard nor engaging against NPCs.

If their building an entire game from the ground up why not a FPS or RTS? People buy them just from screenshots where as space sims have to compete for a very niche market.

As for "an MMO space shooter/trader" - erm that would be Eve then yeah?

News Comments > Arkane's Life After EA
1. Re: Arkane's Life After EA Nov 7, 2008, 09:48 Lorcin

Cool - I loved Arx Fatalis but whilst DMMM was pretty it wasn't really long or envolving.  

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online Updated
4. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Updated Nov 4, 2008, 12:47 Lorcin

Hmm typical - I found the collectors edition for £2.97 in a bargin bin 6 weeks ago and now the month's expired - might have a look on a friend pass though.  

News Comments > X3: Terran Conflict Patch
1. Re: X3: Terran Conflict Patch Oct 30, 2008, 18:12 Lorcin

hmm I can only hope the new direct egosoft take with the X universe in the future does not stop at planet game breaking bugs and also avoids the nebula of completly broken main story missions.  

News Comments > X Series Done, X Universe Not
11. Re: X Series Done, X Universe Not Oct 25, 2008, 19:28 Lorcin

X and Eve are very similar in the trade/think/build routes - just eve's fights vs PVE suck where as X's trade can never be as dynamic as Eve's.

Oh but really X's fighting is not the best - I'd rather slap the I:War2 combat engine on it anyday.

News Comments > X Series Done, X Universe Not
9. Re: X Series Done, X Universe Not Oct 25, 2008, 16:48 Lorcin

Yeah whilst I have bought every X game in the series this last one does feel a tad recycled.

Things like the X3:Reunion main music playing as you enter and a really "here again?" feeling to the whole thing make me think that yeah maybe this has run it's course. The new UI is erm "borrowing" heavily from Eve also which was disappointing.

I think it's a good idea they throw out a lot of the X series now (like the "box") but the universe itself is still one of the richest and varied in gaming atm - way beyond the Eve universe which seems to consist of humans separated by their ugliness.

I would hope their next game would come with Newtonian physics and a massive combat upgrade. They need to separate from being a SP version of Eve which is how X currently feels - and also the reason why an X MMO is a REALLY bad idea atm. X may have the broader universe and diversity but Eve already has the subscribers and as space sim is a niche market to position X vs Eve online they would obviously be playing catch up forever.

Oh btw please don't think I'm in any way slagging X:TC it's still a product freelancer or the combined works of Derek (notso) Smart would kill to become.

News Comments > Spore Add-on Confirmed
3. Pimping Oct 12, 2008, 15:36 Lorcin

Seriously? The game will have been out 2 months and 2 weeks when it's first expansion arrives. Are EA going for 5/6 "expansions" a year on this???

The way their cashing in it can only be a month or so until the Miley Cirrhosis pack comes out.

News Comments > X3: Terran Conflict Preorders
5. Re: No subject Oct 11, 2008, 18:55 Lorcin

Hmm tricky - I'm actually paying for Eve atm and essentially X is Eve but faster and less social!  

News Comments > RF Online Closing
2. Re: Weee Oct 2, 2008, 09:38 Lorcin

I thought RF Online was pretty ugly - all the characters seemed too tall and thin. The color scheme would have suited an Xbox and the font choice was, as in most Korean MMOs, really horrible.

But hey the gameplay was worse so who cares

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 09:38.

News Comments > No Need for Speed Undercover Demo
3. Re: No subject Sep 25, 2008, 14:01 Lorcin

Hmm well I didn't buy the last one based on the demo. So although they know they won't drive away any more longterm fans with a demo they also won't get any back.

Based purely on the last ones demo and without a demo of this I'm not going to be buying it (which is a shame cause I used to love them)

News Comments > WAR Banhammer Striketh
3. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2008, 14:51 Lorcin

Seems a bit dumb to me. As every game has gold sellers and their offering more money then games sales would generate then surely it's pretty dumb not to take the money.

If they honestly think they can stop gold selling then sure good for him - if not.....

News Comments > EA's Take-Two Offer to Expire Tonight
13. Re: No subject Aug 18, 2008, 16:31 Lorcin

Electronic Arts will not renew its tender offer to Take-Two until october when EA proudly present Takeover Bid 09.

Everybody says EA needs to work on new franchises - this one is really original and from the leftfield.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV PC
39. Re: Strong copy protection potential. Aug 6, 2008, 20:44 Lorcin

I'd simply suggest putting on what their running on AITD. Either the pirates can't be bothered because the game is poo or it's uncrackable. IF it's the later then the PC may stop being the console's syphalitic ridden little sister.

Of course there are a few other games that the pirates have deemed unworthy of their cracking attention. Maybe if they put a certain developers name on the box they'd be "scene group" free. Not looking at anyone from this board mentioned in my sig. Honest.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV PC
34. Re: ... Aug 6, 2008, 18:38 Lorcin

I can't wait for this - I've been so close to getting a PS3 just to play it.

I'm always torn between k+m,controller and wheel. I doubt there is a controller yet that gives the perfect controllers for this one (although tbh Wiimote for shooting and wheel for driving might well work)

News Comments > GameTap for Sale
6. Re: Speak of the Devil Aug 6, 2008, 18:32 Lorcin

If they could merge it with metaboli they would have a serious package. The only trouble as normal is the legals and the various different publishing rights between europe and the us.  

News Comments > Devil May Cry 4 Cries Piracy
41. Re: BS Aug 1, 2008, 12:05 Lorcin

You could have done the exact same thing with the demo, downloaded a fraction of the file size and got the same result. Why should anyone believe that you spent however much time downloading 8 gigs, to play for 5min and uninstall. Me thinks you are full of shit, as are most piraters.

You've never had fileplanet or the like download at 100kb/s whilst a torrent stream runs at near full line speed? Why do you think blizzard use torrents for patching?

News Comments > Devil May Cry 4 Cries Piracy
24. Re: BS Aug 1, 2008, 10:54 Lorcin

Most active torrent per game title:
- Devil May Cry 4 PC: about 1600 seeders
- Alone in the Dark PC: about 250 seeders

Funny thing about this? DMC4 has what 6 times more seeders then AITD but the AITD COPIES DON'T WORK. It hasn't been cracked which does go to prove just how uninterested in DMC4 the PC people are.

News Comments > X3: Terran Conflict Trailer
1. Can't wait Jul 31, 2008, 22:33 Lorcin

I love the x-series it can be so beautifully chilled.

Oh and btw Derek? Look! A helpful interface and graphics from this millennium.

News Comments > More Star Trek Online Beans Spilled
24. Re: mmmm... nothing Jul 28, 2008, 04:52 Lorcin

To explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no man has gone before. Erm Apart from the beta testers.

Personally I think this will tank - normal people won't touch it with a bargepole and star trek fans are so damn fussy they will never be happy with it.

1019 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo