Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1083 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands' Firm Street Dates
63. Re: Oct 24, 2009, 21:22 Lorcin

chance in court for what? they've already got you by the balls, what are you gonna do about it?

I'm uk - we have a different legal system where you can't sue maccy d's for serving you hot coffee. Neither can you be bound in a legal agreement by opening the shrink wrap on some software.

They are complaining cus they have nothing better to do on a weekend.

hmm actually no - I'm posting for fun after playing 5 hours of rock band & guitar hero with my wife - and for the first hour my kids too. I'm now so damn drunk I can barely sing so it's far more fun to pile into the meaningless argument here.

I'm sorry if this upsets your assumption that nobody here has a life – but some of us like being twats here just because we can.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2009, 21:30.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

59. Re: Oct 24, 2009, 20:47 Lorcin

they completely have the right to limit your use to whatever terms they wish, according to laws you agree to abide by when you run the installer

erm actually unless I've been very much misled most eulas are not worth the pixels they're written in and would have as much chance in court as much as saddams lawyers did.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2009, 20:50.

57. Re: Borderlands' Firm Street Dates Oct 24, 2009, 20:44 Lorcin

[
Again, tell me another hobby that does that to its customers.
]

I can buy tickets to any film at the cienma I want - but I can't watch that film until the actual film comes out - even though I have the small bit of cardboard that says I've bought rights to it.

Preorders have been going on long before the internet - don't try and make it seem that they're wrong now because the stuff you've pre-ordered is on your magnetic plates as a series of 1s and 0s.

News Comments > Stargate Worlds Funding Woes Continue
36. Re: Stargate Worlds Funding Woes Continue Oct 14, 2009, 20:01 Lorcin

first up NKD you win! Great post.

That was Prometheus which is a mock-up portion of Stargate Worlds so they could display it in the premiere.

Ok so it was a mock up of an imaginary game and absoltuley nothing to do with the mmo. That's my problem - I was hoping that was a sneak peek into the beta which would make stargate worlds look a lot more promising than it currently it. As a mock up supposedly based on it but even called something different I'm afraid my interest level is still hovering around the level of Flyff 2's previews..

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2009, 20:01.

News Comments > Stargate Worlds Funding Woes Continue
25. Re: Stargate Worlds Funding Woes Continue Oct 14, 2009, 16:58 Lorcin

SGU does appear to be like voyager so far - although I hated voyager and sgu is on series link atm (first stargate series I've watched for more than 30 secs).

It also really reminded me of Primeval - for thoose that know that one.

Big question though - the fat nerd guy we're meant to relate to? The game he was playing in the start of episode one - was that the stargate MMO? If it wasn't why the hell not!

News Comments > Age of Conan Free Trial
2. Re: Age of Conan Free Trial Oct 12, 2009, 18:57 Lorcin

Anyone playing this - I haven't touched it since the beta. Is it worth the download?  

News Comments > Scivelation Announced
5. Re: Scivelation Announced Oct 9, 2009, 13:55 Lorcin

Looks kinda interesting - although for some reason the screenies screamed Fallout 3 to me.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Risen
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Risen Oct 2, 2009, 20:37 Lorcin

hmm demo needed a patch - kinda says it all. I always wanted to like gothic but I think I'll hold on this one until it's had at least 2 or 3 patches.  

News Comments > Queen DLC for Rock Band
19. Re: Queen DLC for Rock Band Oct 2, 2009, 20:36 Lorcin

1. Yup 35 - perfect age as a teenager in the 1980s for the beatles to hold the same "old crap" stigma the New Kids On the Block or East 17 hold for contemporary teenagers.

2. I totally and utterly agree - rock band has lost it. Playing drums or guitar to a track you've never heard of is hard enough but possible. Singing unknown songs is next to impossible. Having any twat upload tracks his made in his basement is a recipe for disaster - they need to stick to tracks the people know. And if they want widespread take up, tracks which kids have some chance of hearing and liking.

News Comments > Queen DLC for Rock Band
14. Re: Queen DLC for Rock Band Oct 2, 2009, 18:31 Lorcin

I guess Rock Band and Guitar Hero have really set out their stalls - Rock Band is aiming at the older so called "classic rock" demographic whilst guitar hero is going for the more recent hits.

I can't say in general which franchise has more legs but I'd rather play Metallica, Artic Monkeys and Foo Fighters then Queen and the Beetles.

Also there is a definate end to huge classic rock anthems - but throwaway rock hits of the day are always made.

Guitar Hero 5 is the first GH game I prefer to the rock band series I guess I've set out my stall too.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 in Preproduction
5. Re: Dead Space 2 in Preproduction Sep 30, 2009, 11:10 Lorcin

I wasn't that fussed with the original - but the wii version is the best rail shooter I've ever played (give or take the god awful voice acting)

=======================================
So today we got offered a moving date of 9/11 (english date) or Friday 13th. Went for the 9th but it's like a mile from a light aircraft airport......

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2009, 11:16.

News Comments > PC Ninja Blade Next Month
11. Re: PC Ninja Blade Next Month Sep 24, 2009, 15:10 Lorcin

I know I'll get crucified for saying this but on this xbox this was a real guilty pleasure for me. I don't mind QTEs when I'm playing a game which uses them as a major part of the action for instance this and God of War. Prince of Persia, Tomb Raider and the rest where your suddenly thrown into one with no warning do make me trully hate QTEs!

Overall I really enjoyed Ninja Blade and it's one of the few games this years I've bothered playing to the end this year.

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2009, 18:40.

News Comments > Arkham Asylum Sells Well
19. Re: Arkham Asylum Sells Well Sep 21, 2009, 18:35 Lorcin

Is it just me or is this the head of Eidos screaming "Look! We didn't fuck this franchise"

Yet.

News Comments > Arkham Asylum Free DLC Released
3. Re: Arkham Asylum Free DLC Released Sep 18, 2009, 18:08 Lorcin

is there any kind of delivery service that people don't complain about?

Honest too god even if game updates were hand delivered by a hot topless chick someone here would bitch.

News Comments > 25 Years of Elite
6. Re: 25 Years of Elite Sep 18, 2009, 13:40 Lorcin

Elite was the first game I ever clocked up 24 hours in - I know 24 is nothing in these mmo days but back then it was a lot.

My favorite was using mining lasers to kill all the enemies when they were still just a single pixel and couldn't fire back!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 14, 2009, 10:02 Lorcin

Ohh love it - if even we brits can't see ourselves "rocking" to Yellow Submarine it doesn't bode well for the rest of the worlds sales figures.

Thank god for that - if this had done well we'd have ended up with Rock Band - Mozart by the end of next year!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2009, 20:21 Lorcin

off all the topics but my GFX card died today and the "baking it in the oven trick" worked! I'd already bought a replacement (which is going back tommorrow) but 9 minutes on gas mark 5.5 fixed it.

I've been in and out of I.T. for 15 years but this is the first time I've fixed a computer after checking with deliah smith! (I had no idea what 190c was in gas marks

News Comments > Arkham Asylum NVIDIA Bundles
5. Re: Arkham Asylum NVIDIA Bundles Aug 22, 2009, 17:51 Lorcin

Am I the only one that thought the demo was shocking slow, plodding with an almost Double Dragon level of button mashing in the fights?

I'm honestly amazed this game is reviewing above 60% from the demos.

News Comments > Playlogic Losses
3. Re: Playlogic Losses Aug 14, 2009, 16:59 Lorcin

They have the rights to the Aliens VS Attic game which is out soon - kids will lap that up.

Notice the way they said they released 6 titles in 7 months in 2008. 2009 Q1 & 2 releases were:

PC Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned
Wii Vertigo
Wii Pool Hall Pro

And the stunning:

Wii/DS Sudoku Ball™ – Detective

They made a loss - NOOOO. That's up there with the shock news that the people who made Terminator Salvation are closing. Shocking. Honestly.

News Comments > GRIN Closed
11. Re: GRIN Closed Aug 12, 2009, 18:32 Lorcin

Producing games on films that get rated 5 and 6 out of 10 is not exactly the best way to keep a business going.

Wanted was an awkward film and can't be easily changed into a game that coupled with the game coming out 9 months after the film meant I didn't even bother with a demo.

As for Terminator - jesus that franchise is like an albatross. There's not been a good Terminator game EVER (well I kind of liked Robocop VS Terminator but..). I wouldn't touch the franchise with a 10 foot pole.

Bionic Commando was ok - but not really memorable in any way and certainly not a classic or series starter (seriously anybody not spot the "big" twist within the first hour or so?).

Seriously there does to seem to be a lack of good management here and hopefully Outbreak will do better.

1083 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo