Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1006 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > No BioShock 2 Subtitle
8. Re: No BioShock 2 Subtitle Mar 19, 2009, 15:48 Lorcin

Yeah tbh "sea of dreams" is a tad on the girly romantic side.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Beatles: Rock Band in September
4. Re: The Beatles: Rock Band in September Mar 5, 2009, 12:07 Lorcin

They were not, are not and never shall be a rock band!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2009, 07:22 Lorcin

I guess Life on Mars was a one hit wonder. It worked her for the two seasons it had but the follow-up here is definatly not setting the world on fire.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 28, 2009, 11:10 Lorcin

Actually I'm not at all convinced I've ever heard a Korn track that's not been remixed first. If you really care I'm a huge Prodigy fan but also listen to lots of Foo Fighters, Metallica and Iron Maiden.

I think the only reason their making a Beatles version is because they can - I don't think they have really thought whether they should.

The Stones,Led Zeppelin or of course Iron Maiden games would all be far more in keeping with the ROCK band idea rather then trying to play along to "Love me Do" or "Yellow Bloody Submarine". Hell I'd even prefer a U2 entry.

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 28, 2009, 06:56 Lorcin

I guess you must know something that BILLIONS of Beatles fans over the decades must not know about how they apparently suck.

There were millions upon millions of Britney fans a few years ago just because something is hugely popular doesn't make it right.

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 27, 2009, 21:17 Lorcin

lol Rock Band Beatles. Would rather to listen to my dog fart in surround sound.

Ohhh unless Rock Band Beatles you actually play in the style of a FPS as Mark Chapman on a quest to rid the world of over rated pop music once and for all. Simon Cowell could be the ultimate secret boss!

Now that might rock!

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2009, 21:28.

News Comments > Happy Birthday DDO
1. Re: Happy Birthday DDO Feb 27, 2009, 21:08 Lorcin

ohh 3 years - so when does it get potty trained and stop leaving poop everywhere?  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2009, 03:27 Lorcin

Also, nin sends word we can keep the recent spate of birthday mentions going by wishing well to Henry Rollins, though the one-time Black Flag lead singer differs from our other recent honorees by being alive.

It's my daughter's tenth birthday as well today - first time it's been on a friday so we're a little scared

News Comments > On Game Rentals
3. Re: On Game Rentals Jan 15, 2009, 12:17 Lorcin

EA feels the second hand market is really cutting into there piece of the pie.

Why am I not surprised - they've got the worst reputation for 6 hour games already!

News Comments > On Game Rentals
1. Re: On Game Rentals Jan 15, 2009, 08:02 Lorcin

If GAME plans to do it with normal retail copies then clearly that's a bad thing because that's eating into our sales at already quite a tricky time

I'm really not sure about this sentiment - I'd more imagine it would lower piracy and have a large impact on the pre-owned market. If a game comes that I'm mildly interested in and doesn't have a demo, I'll rent it if possible. Failing that I'd buy it pre-owned.

But if I really want a game then I'll still buy it.

If this service posses any challenege to the developers it's too make sure that their game actually posses enough gameplay in it to warrant owning it for more then 1 week. I completed both GOW2 and the new POP game in a couple of evening play on rentals - in GOW2's case I would have prefered it too have enough game in it to warrant buying but sadly rental was all it needed.

So really this just raises the bar for developers to stop this horrible new trend of 6-8 hour games being sold for 40-50 /$.

News Comments > Tomb Raider: Underworld Underperforms
29. Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld Underperforms Jan 9, 2009, 20:10 Lorcin

I also thought this was the worst of the 3 games by Crystal Dynamics - it felt massively rushed. The controls felt loose - although by the end of the game it became clear this was because this TR was not quite so easy.

The difficulty was one of the new games big selling points - it was never difficult, nor was it anything but linear, that said there was still a few points where I actually had a choice of ledges to jump too which is a massive improvement over the previous games. There was also a couple of times where I couldn't actually see WHERE I had to go next - whether this is due to poorer or better level design is hugely debatable.

My big issue and reason for calling it rushed was the games biggest WOW factor and most compelling Boss comes in the first level. If you've seen the TV advert with the giant squid/octopus type thingy be warned - that's it. No more giant monsters, no original designs (just recycles from the Legacy of Kain series) and a general by the numbers experience. Oh the giant octopus is also a huge letdown btw Im not sure it even touched me and was about as menacing as an Ikea coffee table.

Of the Crystal Dynamics TR games this the worst and feels like a hugely missed opportunity - they should have taken 2 years and released a polished, tuned package rather than this rushed unfinished version. Well never know whether this was Eidos pushing them to make the release date no matter what or sloppy work from Crystal Dynamics part but I for one am still happy to let this slide as a slight mistake and hope the next instalment is more finalised then this one.

PS. Im trying not to put spoilers into this but its really unfortunate that the big twist in this game is the same as the big twist in one of the biggest games of last year. Its even worse that not only could Eidos never guess another company would use the same twist within two months but it would also be better done in a better selling game. Guess Eidos should not do much gambling anytime soon because their luck is SHITE!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2009, 22:26 Lorcin

Volvo goes for crash proof car?

Hmm I'd never be tempted to try and prove them wrong at all

ps It's still butt-ugly

News Comments > $6,000 Video Game Chair
4. Re: $6,000 Video Game Chair Dec 17, 2008, 05:51 Lorcin

It's not often I agree with Daphne and Celeste but:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jzxcKxCyaQo

Seriously you would have to pay me to have that thing in my living room.

News Comments > Phantom Store Launches
18. Re: Phantom Store Launches Dec 15, 2008, 20:37 Lorcin

Call me untrusting but this seems a tad unreallistic.

The page for GTA IV made me laugh though - apparently other top games in the same genre as GTA IV include "Burger Shop" and "Cake Mania"!

Can we get some idiot with too much money to buy a AoC license from them and see if Funcom will allow the key?

Also don't these http://gamestore.phantom.net/catalog/reviews all have a "made in 30 seconds be a not very imaginative 5 year old" feel to them?

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2008, 20:39.

News Comments > Play Rise of the Argonauts in the UK
1. Re: Play Rise of the Argonauts in the UK Dec 13, 2008, 21:36 Lorcin

hmm homestly I think I'll let them test it on Europe and America first then buy it here, if the review scores are good enough, in Feburary. Don't know why just have a very bad feeling about this one.

Interesting idea though - import the German one now. Why not wait 2 days and import the US one? Considering PCs are region free and our exchange rate means it would be cheaper from the US it's a strange idea as well

News Comments > Retail PoP DRM-Free
62. Re: Retail PoP DRM-Free Dec 12, 2008, 03:29 Lorcin

Surely with no demo avaliable a lot more people will pirate it just to see how it is.

I rented it it a couple of days and have very nearly finished it - it's ridiculously easy and repetitive with little or no replay value as far as I can see.

There's no way I'd pay for this but of course Ubi will claim the bad sales are down to piracy not awfull word of mouth.

It is pretty though

News Comments > All Aspect Warfare Movie
14. Re: No subject Dec 9, 2008, 12:58 Lorcin

Wow derek you really are a sad little wanker aren't you. I'm the only person who bothered to give any kind of actually critisism of your "game" and all you can do is continually take a level that I would reprimand my 6 year old for using.

Your so called games, whether you choose to admit it or not, are the laughing stock of the PC gaming world but anybody who bothers to try to engage you in discussion is only giving torrents of abuse.

You are neither worthy of my time or contempt you pathetic little man.

OH FYI your typing in English so "mum" is the correct spelling.

12. Re: No subject Dec 9, 2008, 09:30 Lorcin

Those of you with questions and/or constructive criticisms, fire away and I'll answer them as I always do and in a detailed fashion.

Unless of course he decides he doesn't like the criticisms in which case he'll insult you and once again assume he knows things about you.

Funnily enough last time you insulted me Derek you said I was living in my mum's basement - I did point out at the time it was kinda bad timing as she'd been dead less then a month. Strangely you didn't show your face in that thread again.

BTW when you announce the video contains the final Terrain engine but parts of the terrain still look playstation 1 standard it's a bit strange to then claim it's because it's alpha.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me. "

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 8, 2008, 23:54 Lorcin

Bastards didn't put any of the adventure/werehog sections in so now my 6 year old really wants this.

Talk about cherry picking from the 1/3 of the game which is passable.

7. Re: No subject Dec 8, 2008, 23:51 Lorcin

OK realistically the cockpit textures are amazingly low res - check the orange blobs on the upper struts for details.

The smoke, fire and explosion effects are not much beyond Afterburner quality.

The ground installation which shows up around 5 mins in again seems to be very low poly count and with very low textures.

The water is too shiny and uniform.

The view distance throughout is way too low - having a nice bright sun whilst there's only a mile or two of visibility just doesn't go.

The trails behind the ship stay way too uniform instead of spreading and dissipating as they should.

The heat haze effect on the ships engines is seriously overdone.
As for the guy who gets out - he again is too stiff and linear (low poly count) with poor texturing. In fact he really reminded me of Anarchy Online.

So all in all; Derek? 2002 called they want their engine back. Oh but honestly grats on reaching the same millenia as the rest of us.

1006 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo