Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1006 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Arkham Asylum NVIDIA Bundles
5. Re: Arkham Asylum NVIDIA Bundles Aug 22, 2009, 17:51 Lorcin

Am I the only one that thought the demo was shocking slow, plodding with an almost Double Dragon level of button mashing in the fights?

I'm honestly amazed this game is reviewing above 60% from the demos.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Playlogic Losses
3. Re: Playlogic Losses Aug 14, 2009, 16:59 Lorcin

They have the rights to the Aliens VS Attic game which is out soon - kids will lap that up.

Notice the way they said they released 6 titles in 7 months in 2008. 2009 Q1 & 2 releases were:

PC Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned
Wii Vertigo
Wii Pool Hall Pro

And the stunning:

Wii/DS Sudoku Ball™ – Detective

They made a loss - NOOOO. That's up there with the shock news that the people who made Terminator Salvation are closing. Shocking. Honestly.

News Comments > GRIN Closed
11. Re: GRIN Closed Aug 12, 2009, 18:32 Lorcin

Producing games on films that get rated 5 and 6 out of 10 is not exactly the best way to keep a business going.

Wanted was an awkward film and can't be easily changed into a game that coupled with the game coming out 9 months after the film meant I didn't even bother with a demo.

As for Terminator - jesus that franchise is like an albatross. There's not been a good Terminator game EVER (well I kind of liked Robocop VS Terminator but..). I wouldn't touch the franchise with a 10 foot pole.

Bionic Commando was ok - but not really memorable in any way and certainly not a classic or series starter (seriously anybody not spot the "big" twist within the first hour or so?).

Seriously there does to seem to be a lack of good management here and hopefully Outbreak will do better.

News Comments > On Digital Distribution
4. Re: On Digital Distribution Jul 21, 2009, 11:15 Lorcin

Ok could you google joke?  

News Comments > On Digital Distribution
2. Re: On Digital Distribution Jul 21, 2009, 10:58 Lorcin

While UK is second

Omg we got the silver in the not being pirates awards!!!!

Funny I don't see the US mentioned there even though the population is 5 times bigger. Wonder why that could be........

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 19, 2009, 07:16 Lorcin

eek sorry don't stay long enough to see it was for a decent cause.

Maybe they could wear costume to enhance their cash raising chances. You know like full head helmets

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 18, 2009, 16:31 Lorcin

Erm that's got to be the worst advert for gaming I've ever seen - don't click the link!  

News Comments > Need for Speed: SHIFT Drifts
12. Re: Need for Speed: SHIFT Drifts Jul 11, 2009, 19:35 Lorcin

I loved drifting back in ridge racer 3 - since then and especially in NFS I've also found it a massive chore. Yeah hitting the odd power slide is fun but being forced to drift around every inch of the tracks - even the bloody straights - it just stupid.  

News Comments > Alpha Protocol Preorders: PC Screwed Again
10. Re: Alpha Protocol Preorders: PC Screwed Again Jul 10, 2009, 21:53 Lorcin

Yeah, because PCs are like totally incompatible with TVs. Really.

No but keyboard + mouse + sofa = fail

Cost of keeping PC upgraded and using a 360 pad or just buying a 360???

Like I said fps, rts and of course MMO are where PC still rules - but I can't seriously think of playing WoW (or even FFXI) on my telly.

I truly believe the pc is becoming a niche not because of piracy or lack of retail space. It's purely lack of comfort that's killing PC gaming - I'd lay money on iD following Epic next game around and aiming squarely at the 3rd person console market not the slimmer FPS one. But hey, who knows maybe Phantom's lapboard will turn it all around and our beloved PC's will once again rule all game genres again!

Oh btw - as for the incompatible with telly comment my TV has a PC input socket literally 3 feet from my PC. Trouble is the TV's input is a d-sub and my PC only has DVI outputs - that's more than enough to stop most people hooking them up!

News Comments > Alpha Protocol Preorders: PC Screwed Again
8. Re: Alpha Protocol Preorders: PC Screwed Again Jul 10, 2009, 20:01 Lorcin

they are going to blame pirates again.

Really they should blame the TV makers! Huge plasma whilst bumming on the sofa or much smaller monitor whilst sat at a desk.

I know which I'm really starting to prefer - except for games which do actually work better on a PC like FPS, RTS etc.

Case in point I LOVED mass effect on my 360 but never got into it on my PC. Forget the pirates - it's home cinema which is doing the damage.

News Comments > LucasArts Classic Rereleases
19. Re: LucasArts Classic Rereleases Jul 6, 2009, 14:22 Lorcin

LEGO® Indiana Jones: The Original Adventure?

Released last June?

a whole new generation of gamers to LucasArts’ classic games,

Christ if a year old is classic my car should be in a mueseum!

News Comments > The Guitar Hero of Movies
8. Re: The Guitar Hero of Movies Jun 29, 2009, 12:25 Lorcin

lol free fleshlight in every box?  

News Comments > The Guitar Hero of Movies
4. Re: *ahem* Jun 29, 2009, 11:24 Lorcin

wow this would take one hell of an ego to watch it back and not think "I'm a twat". Think how bad you sound on a tape recorder then multiply by how many dumb faces you'd pull trying to act!  

News Comments > Final Fantasy XI Lawsuit
29. Re: Final Fantasy XI Lawsuit Jun 25, 2009, 18:33 Lorcin

"at that time"

Now it is very common - then (when guild wars launched) for a mmo, especially a retail boxed one it was unheard of. Seriously name me one other retail boxed mmo from 2005 or eariler which was subscription free.

27. Re: Final Fantasy XI Lawsuit Jun 25, 2009, 17:55 Lorcin

Section 14 again - states they can notify via their website.

Oops just realised lying in bed that section 14 is dealing with how the definition of the class can be changed. Guess I got that bit wrong. I still fail to see how terms and conditions cannot be legally binding by posting notifications or in mmo cases making you re-accept them (ala wow) every time they are changed. If you don't agree cancel the subscription properly and don't play - don't play then whinge and sue when you get caught by the small print.

Guild wars? Exception that proves the rule - especially considering they went out of their way to point out it didn't need monthly fees thereby proving that it was a generally accepted fact the mmo's did at that time.

I really don't know enough about the ins and outs of contract law regarding online contracts to justify continuing this the whole thing just seems like an attempt to get a ridiculous sum of money because one person has decided they represent over 100,000 disgruntled customers over technicalities and legalities of what happened when accounts were not kept/cancelled properly. Guess kinda like the RIAA in reverse.

If you want though my wife has just started her contract law module for her law degree - so I could ask her in a couple of months

23. Re: Final Fantasy XI Lawsuit Jun 25, 2009, 17:08 Lorcin

Section 14 again - states they can notify via their website. Given the plantiffs list that in their case I assumed you meant it was up to Square to prove their innocence by providing the required 5 years of websites mirrors.

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2009, 17:09.

21. Re: Final Fantasy XI Lawsuit Jun 25, 2009, 17:03 Lorcin

Actually courts have ruled the opposite way in the past on this issue.

Omg so it's guilty until proven innocent now - that trully sucks. I'm off to bed but I think you've just ensured I have nightmares.

19. Re: Final Fantasy XI Lawsuit Jun 25, 2009, 17:01 Lorcin

Do you work for Square-Enix Lorcin? You seem pretty invested in this.

Nope just always stunned at these sue cases.

An MMO game is not a utility or television service

Actually I can see no difference between an mmo and a tv subscription at all - theres no physical product and if you don't pay your subject to late fees for example here's a quote from Virginmedia faqs on payment.

What happens if I miss a payment?

We always ask you to make your payments by the ‘Payment due’ date on your bill. That’s because we may charge a £10 late payment fee if you don’t – and your services could be restricted.

I was a virgin customer for 4 years and didn't know they had this fee - it wasn't hidden just I never bothered to look because it didn't affect me (I was actually looking for a fee quote from my new ISP but turns out they don't do one :))

So it's ok for your local paper to charge you for issues you didn't receive due to a lapse in your subscription then charge you interest fees?

God yes - if I hadn't cancelled the subscription properly then yes I entirely would expect to still be charged. The onus would be on me to properly notify the papers subscription office and cancel my ongoing subscription not just cancel any future payments to said office.

17. Re: Final Fantasy XI Lawsuit Jun 25, 2009, 16:50 Lorcin

Sorry worded that wrong. If I go over my overdraft limit my bank will send by a letter which costs a maximum of 30p and charge me £25 for the privilege. Whether it was hidden or not can't be determined without access to a mirror of the software from 2003. It could also be another attempt at the notification angle wherein the late charge was notify but not on the website or via law but through the playonline software.

Intrest charges was a seperate issue but the way I wrote the post that didn't come across. Again the issue is not whether they have the right to add interest to money owed (just ask my credit card company!) but rather whether the interest was listed as a charge.

Remembering that the burden of proof will be on Esther to prove that the fees were not listed anywhere - and if the court agrees that playonline is a hugely customised Internet browser and therefore an acceptable way of issues notification of changes - she may have a massively hard time providing a mirror of a site from 2003 to present including the all messages sent to playonline.

14. Re: Final Fantasy XI Lawsuit Jun 25, 2009, 16:19 Lorcin

Actually no it's not a "ridiculous kneejerk reaction" it's a ridiculous lawsuit. That mmo need subscriptions is not up for question - and as I'm sure the box listed that online fees applied (the only boxes I currently have are English but the first copy I bought was on import from America and I'm 99% sure it was listed). The penalties for late fees? - fair enough, it's really not unusual for people to charge penalties when they recieve late payment - especially in this instance when there is no physical product and therefore the customers could have stopped the subscription instead of being late. Charging interest on money owed is the way of the world - without it all the bankers would be paupers.

Restriction of service if a bill is unpaid? My TV company would shut me down within days of me not paying why should Square provide a service to someone who is not prepared to pay for it.

"Termination of game data for late payment of fees" is a strange one I'm guessing somebody was so late paying their account got pruned (which used to happen pretty quickly if I remember). Again really they owe the company money and have continued to let it accrue by not settling the balance and cancelling the subscription through the proper channels at some point they will reach their credit limit if you like with square and will get pruned.

I can see how problems have occured - credit cards expired or subscriptions cancelled on the credit card/bank account but not with Square. Really this lawsuit only seem to be representing people who either didn't pay their account properly or cancel it properly and as they are such bad clients why should Sqaure continue to provide them with services.

I'm just guessing as the documents so far are very brief in details but I imagine in actually the basis behind this lawsuit is paragraph 14 of the statement (page 5 line 9) which states the information should be made avaliable on the website or sent direct to the customer. There is no provision there for notifications to made via the PlayOnline software therefore Square could technically be found in breach of the notifications. If the suit is hinging on that technicality this really is just another case of somebody trying it on for money.

This is yet another big case for a "Department of Common Sense" to come in and throw the thing out - unfortunaly such a department doesn't exist.

Oh and the bit about not being bothered to read 13 pages was a joke! That's why it had a smiley at the end.

1006 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo