Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1019 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 29, 2009, 10:25 Lorcin

Lol of all the sports they choose one that's only played in one country. The rest of the world know it's just rugby for scared girls who need too much padding - and Rugby is a poor second in popularity to proper football anyway.

I think EA may have "dropped the ball" here.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Aliens vs. Predator Trailer
5. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Dec 22, 2009, 18:27 Lorcin

Great directing on the trailer - but I never enjoyed really enjoyed being the Alien or Predator. I'm going to have to wait for the reviews to check the SP human campaign lasts longer then a pizza delivery at a weightwatchers meeting.  

News Comments > The Saboteur Trailers & Petition
6. Re: The Saboteur Trailers & Petition Dec 16, 2009, 23:46 Lorcin

hmm on this note please buy "killing in the name of" to make rage against the machine have uninvitied sodomy with simon cowell.

I dunno how you can pose as a uk buyer - nor do I care - but please stop joe mceldredy the ugly talentless 18 year whose releasing a cover of miley cirrius (sp) song "the climb". Seriously you guys can help - if you can proxy to us you can honestly help stop a COVER of a MILEY fing Cirrus song getting number one this week.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 10, 2009, 17:40 Lorcin

Wow that Eyefinity set up is an awfull idea. With the hotbars and more importantly parties health placed in a posistion you have to physically move your head to see you'd spend most of the game turning your head left and right.  

News Comments > Borderlands DLC Released
24. Re: Borderlands DLC Dec 9, 2009, 20:24 Lorcin

We are just unhappy consumers that purchased this on the PC and not getting the same treatment as the console side.

Yeah I'd bet they'd really feel for us with our better graphics, controls and loading times whilst suffering equal prices for DLC whilst paying less for the actual game. I'm sure everyone would feel sorry for us poor put upon gamers who can't even run 6 copies of the same game at the same time without being asked why anyone anywhere would ever need to do that.

Honestly I despair about the horrible situation we're in.

PS Is america starting to learn sarcasim yet - if not I'm F$$$ED

22. Re: Borderlands DLC Dec 9, 2009, 20:06 Lorcin

OMG stingingvelvet are you talking logic and common sense. I'll send flowers to your remains.  

14. Re: Borderlands DLC Dec 9, 2009, 18:04 Lorcin

My complaint comes from the fact that consoles pay a licensing fee to be on XBL or PSN

True but there was precisely zero piracy on console DLC until about 2 weeks ago (unless you count the wee).

Also are you seriously telling me Steam, Direct2Drive etc are charities? There may be no actual fee but the content isn't getting from them to you without someone paying a fee.

Then remember that an awfull lot of people will just pirate the DLC and paying the same as a console user is really not a bad deal.

If we were being forced to pay for our freeloading PC brothers we'd be paying 40 or more not 10.

Ohh and edit - I remember paying 20 for the "wages of sin" add on which I clocked in under 4 hours. Unheard of you say - smaller, cheaper expansion packs say I.

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 2009, 18:08.

10. Re: Borderlands DLC Dec 9, 2009, 17:30 Lorcin

Time to go see if its cracked I guess

Yes because we're the uber PC elite, we want higher resolutions, more options and more freedom. But we're not gonna pay for it.

Seriously stop acting like dicks. It's not like they're charging a premium to let us play on the PC - quite the opposite for base games. Yet still everyone bitches, and then bitch more when people can't be arsed to deal with our bullshit and stop releasing on the PC.

We're being charged the same as a console user for dlc - and whilst I've never tried I imagine XBL or PSN would complain if you wanted to run on 5 consoles at the same time.

Seriously GET OVER YOURSELVES

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 2009, 17:37.

7. Re: Borderlands DLC Dec 9, 2009, 17:05 Lorcin

lol guess the thread which hinted EA might be looking at using DLC to 'secure' base package purchases isn't so weak now. If I hadn't bought Borderlands I'd be looking at cheap options now so I could get the dlc.

Definatly in my top ten this year.

News Comments > EA on "Pirates As A Marketplace"
16. Re: EA on Dec 8, 2009, 21:53 Lorcin

I can't believe I'm standing up for EA here, but surely they are doing the sensible thing and tackling the new digital age and the huge explosion of p2p from a new angle?

Don't we read time and time and time again that this is exactly the kind of thinking the music industry needs to combat file sharing.

It's nice to see for once someone, anyone, even EA, is approaching the problem from a new perspective rather then just running around screaming "DIE PIRATES DIE". They also have massively scaled back their DRM which should please people here.

Maybe in a few years those year on year itterations of games EA is so famous for will simply become single BIG bits of DLC.

News Comments > Impulse Top Sellers
18. Re: Impulse Top Sellers Dec 8, 2009, 06:42 Lorcin

The game might need 75mhz but impulse the launcher software needs 1ghz!  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Patch
15. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Patch Dec 7, 2009, 18:26 Lorcin

ok 6 months does seem a long time - however ever single person on this board is currently thinking "PC Rebuild" under their breath.  

11. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Patch Dec 7, 2009, 18:16 Lorcin

ohh my first double post in 15ish years of internet - yay me!

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2009, 18:17.

8. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Patch Dec 7, 2009, 18:16 Lorcin

Same no problem here:

Q6600 (@3ghz)/4GB DDR2 @800mhz/Nvidia 9800GX2/Win 7 64

Playing at 1920x1080 with all bells n whistles

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Announced
1. Re: Dead Space 2 Announced Dec 7, 2009, 10:09 Lorcin

EA Announces a sequel? No this would never happen. I'm shocked and upset that you of all people would print such blatant lies.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Tease?
1. Re: Dead Space 2 Tease? Dec 6, 2009, 14:48 Lorcin

It's a vajaja!  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 on Two DVDs
17. Re: Mass Effect 2 on Two DVDs Dec 4, 2009, 12:01 Lorcin

Damn just realised my save is on my xbox - but I'd rather have this one on PC (upgraded it).  

News Comments > EA Wants #1 FPS Spot
53. Re: EA Wants #1 FPS Spot Dec 3, 2009, 18:58 Lorcin

yeah HL here to - I still regulary check the Black Mesa Source page for updates whilst I have exactly zero intrest in the latest HD doom/quake remake.

Edit oh actually thinking back the 2 biggest "WOW" moments for me both came in Unreal - the (then) stunning castle level intro, and the first proper FPS fright when the lights when out as they introduced the Skari really do stick firmly in my mind.

This comment was edited on Dec 3, 2009, 19:05.

News Comments > Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC Plans
15. Re: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC Plans Dec 3, 2009, 18:50 Lorcin

This is like making Alien Ressurection when the fucking series ended at Alien 3. It's dumb.

Erm no the series ended when they lost all continuity by killing 2 MAJOR characters before the titles had finished. Aliens is where it ended - not for lack of opportunity but simply a GOD awful script move which they've carried on for the next few movies.

Seriously even now I regret the money I spent on tickets to the most famous/best known cinema in the uk on Alien 3's opening night - and it's 17 years later!

Odeon Leicester you owe me - erm some money (what did tickets cost back then?)

This comment was edited on Dec 3, 2009, 18:59.

News Comments > Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC Plans
4. Re: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC Plans Dec 3, 2009, 11:38 Lorcin

I just hope it has variety than the last one. Loved the new art style but it was definatly overly lonely feeling (there was nowhere you could imagine people ever living - nothing resembaling a town or village) and it was dreadfully repetative. Basically after doing the first level and boss fight you could pretty much have to skipped to the end to see how the plot panned out.  

1019 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo