Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1006 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Patch
8. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Patch Dec 7, 2009, 18:16 Lorcin

Same no problem here:

Q6600 (@3ghz)/4GB DDR2 @800mhz/Nvidia 9800GX2/Win 7 64

Playing at 1920x1080 with all bells n whistles

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Announced
1. Re: Dead Space 2 Announced Dec 7, 2009, 10:09 Lorcin

EA Announces a sequel? No this would never happen. I'm shocked and upset that you of all people would print such blatant lies.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Tease?
1. Re: Dead Space 2 Tease? Dec 6, 2009, 14:48 Lorcin

It's a vajaja!  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 on Two DVDs
17. Re: Mass Effect 2 on Two DVDs Dec 4, 2009, 12:01 Lorcin

Damn just realised my save is on my xbox - but I'd rather have this one on PC (upgraded it).  

News Comments > EA Wants #1 FPS Spot
53. Re: EA Wants #1 FPS Spot Dec 3, 2009, 18:58 Lorcin

yeah HL here to - I still regulary check the Black Mesa Source page for updates whilst I have exactly zero intrest in the latest HD doom/quake remake.

Edit oh actually thinking back the 2 biggest "WOW" moments for me both came in Unreal - the (then) stunning castle level intro, and the first proper FPS fright when the lights when out as they introduced the Skari really do stick firmly in my mind.

This comment was edited on Dec 3, 2009, 19:05.

News Comments > Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC Plans
15. Re: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC Plans Dec 3, 2009, 18:50 Lorcin

This is like making Alien Ressurection when the fucking series ended at Alien 3. It's dumb.

Erm no the series ended when they lost all continuity by killing 2 MAJOR characters before the titles had finished. Aliens is where it ended - not for lack of opportunity but simply a GOD awful script move which they've carried on for the next few movies.

Seriously even now I regret the money I spent on tickets to the most famous/best known cinema in the uk on Alien 3's opening night - and it's 17 years later!

Odeon Leicester you owe me - erm some money (what did tickets cost back then?)

This comment was edited on Dec 3, 2009, 18:59.

News Comments > Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC Plans
4. Re: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC Plans Dec 3, 2009, 11:38 Lorcin

I just hope it has variety than the last one. Loved the new art style but it was definatly overly lonely feeling (there was nowhere you could imagine people ever living - nothing resembaling a town or village) and it was dreadfully repetative. Basically after doing the first level and boss fight you could pretty much have to skipped to the end to see how the plot panned out.  

News Comments > EA Wants #1 FPS Spot
17. Re: EA Wants #1 FPS Spot Dec 3, 2009, 11:05 Lorcin

The trouble is the only truly indie hit I can think of recently (Braid) was a console title before it was a PC one.  

News Comments > On PC AvP
4. Re: On PC AvP Dec 2, 2009, 11:28 Lorcin

PCs will really be able to show off how beautiful the game looks at high resolutions

So basically we'll have options to change resolution. Wow what a novel idea.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rogue Warrior
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rogue Warrior Dec 2, 2009, 04:55 Lorcin

Still sounds like some kind of superhero from a bad pr0n film.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - EU Rogue Warrior
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - EU Rogue Warrior Nov 27, 2009, 18:50 Lorcin

I kind of gave up when I read "You are Dick Marcinko".

I don't care if it's the greatest game ever I will never willingly be "Dick Marcinko"

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: Game Reviews Nov 26, 2009, 03:02 Lorcin

That woman does not need an MMO - isn't glutony one of the 7 deadly sins?  

News Comments > Brad Pitt Dark Void Film?
2. Re: Brad Pitt Dark Void Film? Nov 19, 2009, 19:44 Lorcin

Slightly confused looking, indecisive hero with a jet pack? NO

They got it right with his missus as slut with guns, and Robert Downey Jnr as a alcoholic. But seriously Jetpack <> Confused and Indecisive.

Next announcemnet from them?

My Guess - Johnny Depp as the Night Stalker (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2731262/Night-stalker-rapist-charged.html LOOK! we do pyschos too - and it's not me!)

News Comments > No RAGE Dedicated Server?
57. Re: No RAGE Dedicated Server? Nov 6, 2009, 07:32 Lorcin

I think it's pretty obvious why Nvidia and Ati are stopping high end GFX on the PC. They honestly don't need to make the cards because nobody NEEDS to buy them!

My aging 8800GT will run EVERYTHING I throw at it, at a higher resolution with more bells and whistles than my 360 can. There are no graphic intensive PC games anymore - it's all multiplatform so who needs to buy a card which can perform way above the baseline (console) performance.

Yes please I'd love to drop 400 on a new card which can display exactly the same game at the same framerate as a 100 card. It's quite probable that if screens weren't locked to 60fps then a 400 card might make a differrence over the 100 card - but I'd never know.

When the next console generation comes out they'll probably be a rush on the cards which can keep up with that generation but after that things will die back down.

Oh and Rage has no dedicated server support because it isn't a game. It's an engine making the interim step to work towards the next iD tech - which carmack and co are desperatly hoping will become the defacto standard for console/pc games on the next generation.

Basically they're trying to wrestle the middleware crown back from Unreal's head and this is their opening gambit.

News Comments > No Doubt Sues Activision
6. Re: No Doubt Sues Activision Nov 5, 2009, 02:38 Lorcin

"results in an unauthorized performance by the Gwen Stefani avatar in a male voice boasting about having sex with prostitutes."

I can see why this would be a problem - obviously Gwen wouldn't want to sing a good song well.

News Comments > Arkham Asylum Sequel Planned?
8. Re: Arkham Asylum Sequel Planned? Oct 31, 2009, 19:41 Lorcin

oh no please not superhero sandbox. Arkham was more than wide enough. I'd hate to see another Spiderman/Prototype style superhero game.  

4. Re: Arkham Asylum Sequel Planned? Oct 31, 2009, 17:58 Lorcin

Really I was hoping for WW2. Call of Batman?  

1. Re: Arkham Asylum Sequel Planned? Oct 31, 2009, 17:03 Lorcin

Whilst it's not exactly a surprise after the reception AA got - this is still very welcome non-news!  

News Comments > Vampire Hunters Released
3. Re: Vampire Hunters Released Oct 30, 2009, 21:23 Lorcin

it sounds ok - but is there something wrong with the screenshots? looks like 4x3 has been sretched to 16x9. Could just be me though.  

News Comments > WAR Trial Time Limit to End
1. Re: WAR Trial Time Limit to End Oct 30, 2009, 20:36 Lorcin

"You'll be able to enjoy the trial experience and New User Journey for as long as you like!"

guess their going for the indecisive market?

1006 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo