Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1019 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic to Feature Space Combat
8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic to Feature Space Combat Jul 23, 2010, 21:01 Lorcin

Either that's the worst press release ever or it's a limited selection of mini games with no pvp or serious punishment for losing.

btw WTF Octobers PC Gamer is now out in August? seriously? Buy a calendar guys.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Alice: Madness Returns Announced
8. Re: Alice: Madness Returns Announced Jul 20, 2010, 20:01 Lorcin

Cool!!! Still have the original on erm original in the shed - can't think of many other games from back then I still keep.  

News Comments > DirectX 11 WoW
65. Re: DirectX 11 WoW Jul 6, 2010, 03:39 Lorcin

Don't worry I'll put on Fire Resistance Aura  

News Comments > DirectX 11 WoW
52. Re: DirectX 11 WoW Jul 5, 2010, 20:45 Lorcin

How did you expect them to do cartoon water? The fire and other effects tend to be realistic too.

Also for all the complaining about the low poly count etc try putting all the graphics to high then go into a 25 man raid. You still need a fairly decent pc to cope with that many effects without slowing down a bit.

News Comments > Virgin's Gaming Return?
5. Re: Virgin's Gaming Return? May 20, 2010, 12:47 Lorcin

Well as virgin media have the most unreliable service I've ever experienced from an ISP I certainly wouldn't buy a game from them these days.

As their saying online only and have an ISP wing good luck access their servers!

I can't wait until my contract expires and I can change isp - would rather get 2.5mb from BT consitently than 50mb from virgin when they feel like actually making it work.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Demo, Welcome Back Weekend
20. Re: Poor from May 8, 2010, 09:39 Lorcin

yeah downloader is hideous - and really missing a pause button. I'm getting less than a tenth of my avaliable speed but it's pushing my ping up in everything else from 100ms to ~800ms.

LOTRO always was and always will be a WoW wannabe - everything from the icons to the bags looks like wow. It just plays a lot worse with no real feel that your using anything except auto attack.

News Comments > WoW, That's an Expensive Horse
3. Re: WoW, That's an Expensive Horse Apr 15, 2010, 22:57 Lorcin

Funny thing is with roughly 11 million wow players that works out too one in 68 players having the thing based on the north american sales alone.

Oh and lets not forget - 3 years ago 50% of the player base was Chinese where WOTLK and therefore this mount isn't out. So it's actually more like one in 34 players.

Or in other words this mount is about as rare as a cheesy grin on a blizzard accountant's face.

News Comments > GameStop Used Game Lawsuit
12. Re: GameStop Used Game Lawsuit Mar 26, 2010, 12:30 Lorcin

It may be mildly annoying if that's what you mean by legitimate beef but to SUE - I mean come on.

I don't care whether their well informed or not - in any other country the most this would ammount to would be a phone call followed by the person thinking "oh well still saved some cash on the game anyway - and the dlc is probably crap anyway".

Not a lawsuit.

News Comments > GameStop Used Game Lawsuit
8. Re: GameStop Used Game Lawsuit Mar 26, 2010, 12:24 Lorcin

http://graphjam.com/2010/03/25/funny-graphs-initiating-lawsuits/

Talk about sue for the sake of sueing. I mean not even an emo would cry about this.

News Comments > Over a Million New DDO Unlimited Players
15. Re: Over a Million New DDO Unlimited Players Feb 26, 2010, 20:06 Lorcin

I agree with that one - although I don't like wow this, war, conan everything has to have that layer of polish as a bare minimum to make it.

Nothing actually competes to wow - even EQ2 gives an initial old school impression with some awful icon graphics.

If you crossed DDOs dungeons with Wars open group quest system, EQ2s lore and finally vanguard's huge world you'd be close - but it would still need one hell of a lot of polish to compete with wow.

OH btw whilst I don't like wow - I still play it about 6-12 hours per day - but I have no idea why. It's like internet crack. Intercrack?

News Comments > No More WoW Tiered Raids Before Cataclysm
21. Re: No More WoW Tiered Raids Before Cataclysm Feb 14, 2010, 23:12 Lorcin

I've been going back and clearing dungeons for achievements as I want to have those before the changes in Cataclysm, and it reminds me why I quit after hitting level 60 when the game first came out. The dungeons were too long and often boring as hel. As were many of the raids, with having to clear mounds of trash before seeing a boss, or just having to clear through trash just to get into the instance. That design just exhausts and bores players.

I'm totally torn on this - whilst yeah the old dungeons were bloody long and intricate the new ones can in some cases (VH) be literally one room. I had to go back to BRD for a schematic today and as I've only played it as dps I quickly got very lost and could not get where I needed to go.

Nobody could manage to get lost in the new dungeons - there a room or a straight line. But the new ones are far better for pug and emblem grinding so it's swings and roundabouts really.

It would be nice if they put in the occasional old style dungeon I guess.

News Comments > Direct2Drive.eu Launches
2. Re: Direct2Drive.eu Launches Feb 3, 2010, 21:37 Lorcin

IGN Entertainment announces the launch of Direct2Drive.eu to cater specifically to European digital distribution customers. Word is: "To celebrate the launch of the new store , D2D are teaming up with a host of AAA publishers on a series of price promotions , beginning with THQ who are offering 50% off mostly a load of rubbish you'd never look at if you weren't drunk and impulse buying. Happy Shopping.

I fixed it!

News Comments > WoW Direct Auction House Access
1. Re: WoW Direct Auction House Access Feb 3, 2010, 21:34 Lorcin

"certain elements of the service will be premium-based"

That would by buyout then. It's the only single feature 99.9% of the people would really really want from AH access and so the one thing they'll charge for.

News Comments > Apple iPad Announced
63. Re: Apple iPad Announced Jan 27, 2010, 20:48 Lorcin

I love the way even if this is a sucess people will read the papers on the train in the morning on their big iphone whilst listening to music on their little iphone.

Then they get to work and log on to a pc.

News Comments > On Bethesda's Mystery MMOG
6. Re: On Bethesda's Mystery MMOG Jan 22, 2010, 21:20 Lorcin

Yeah honestly ray whatever your thoughts on bethesda are - you have to admit there is a MASSIVE chance Interplay would not exist but for the fallout sale.

Their basically trying to have carnal knowledge of the ultimate goose who laid the golden egg. It's completely dumb - they should have taken the knowledge/cash/talent they had left and work at building a new franchise - not put a few monkies to work to try a launch a court case in an attempt to win damages.

Interplay are soley existing on the back of a franchise they willingly sold - their a damn parasite these days.

This comment was edited on Jan 22, 2010, 21:22.

News Comments > Doctor Who and Top Gear Games?
13. Re: Doctor Who and Top Gear Games? Jan 21, 2010, 20:32 Lorcin

I love the Doctor Who books - always have done. But I can't see a game working at all - having a pretty much pacifist protagonist would pretty much kill any standard genre of game dead.

The only genre it would fit into is adventure - which is already on life support. So they're basically talking about a niche market game (uk pretty much exclusively) in a niche genre. Yup that'll attract a lot of funding and be of reasonable quality I'm sure. Capcom's Zack and Wiki was really fun on the wii - but something tells me Super Ultra Mario Gangbang Brawl Now With Extra Cuteness sold more.

Top Gear also won't work - unless it's an Iphone app ala Top Trumps which people could play against each other on the train. Guess they could give the starter pack away free to launch it to a wide audience then charge for addon cards.

News Comments > Hellgate: London Returning
6. Re: Hellgate: London Returning Jan 18, 2010, 11:57 Lorcin

SO how do the muppets who got conned into the lifetime subscriptions stand?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 15, 2010, 22:59 Lorcin

oh cool! I traded in my copy of Dj hero for a 9800gx2. Good thing was I found out later the guy charged my card the excess of 1.03 not 103 making DJ Hero my bargin of the year.

Bring on DJ Hero 2 - I want a new car

News Comments > Make Dead Space 2 CE Suggestions
1. Re: Make Dead Space 2 CE Suggestions Jan 14, 2010, 10:43 Lorcin

How about they give us a decent game in the CE box along with Dead Space 2  

News Comments > Dark Void Minimum Specs
2. Re: Dark Void Minimum Specs Jan 4, 2010, 12:43 Lorcin

So I can't run it on Windows 7?  

1019 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo