Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1085 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Portal/Portal 2 Comic Part 1
5. Re: Portal/Portal 2 Comic Part 1 Apr 9, 2011, 21:11 Lorcin

I want my 3 minutes back  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crysis 2 DX11 Patch Coming
5. Re: Crysis 2 DX11 Patch Coming Apr 8, 2011, 21:01 Lorcin

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 8, 2011, 19:41:
Where exactly did Crytek say that DX11 was going to be supported in Crysis 2, or even released with the game?

Or indeed where did they say that Crysis 2 would be based on 5 year old tech???????????

News Comments > Mafia II Director's Cut Announced
18. Re: Mafia II Director's Cut Announced Mar 30, 2011, 19:13 Lorcin

I finished Mafia 2 without the DLC and was REALLY happy to see the credits. For me completing just the base game took a lot of determination to make sure I hadn't wasted my money.

The story was weak and predictable, the characters almost universally unlikeable and the main character quite regularly made major plot decisions which I had no control over and he always chose the "this is a fucking bad idea" option.

There's no way on earth I wanna play add on's where even more unlikeable characters make me wish I was in any way in control.

I understand why the main character had to make the choices he did - it was so the story could follow it's predictable crappy path to the end. But that just smacks of bad writing when at pivotal moments of the story arc your left screaming "no you fucking idiot" at the screen.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
2. Re: Evening Screenshots Mar 25, 2011, 23:16 Lorcin

Yeah to begin with - but it's pretty obvious from halfway through the 1st book Martin has no idea where the story is going and is completely out of his depth.

It wouldn't surprise me at all that he announces the series will actually be 17 books and the wall is actually made of sand and the bodies of miraculously resurrected royals he needs to complete his story.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer
2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Mar 25, 2011, 23:11 Lorcin

I was only slightly "MEH" until the bad guy who really really wanted to be Darth turned up. Now the game holds as much appeal as Star Wars Galaxies for me.

They need to merge Lucas's franchise with their games - not try and cater for the die-hard fans. Catering has been tried so many times in mmos and it's never worked (matrik, warhammer, D&D etc etc)

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Walkthrough Trailer
31. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Walkthrough Trailer Mar 22, 2011, 02:55 Lorcin

I found the switch to 3rd in cover jarring too - but I'm sure that was because I wasn't expecting it. I'm sure if I was actually pressing the key that triggered that transition it would be fine.

I agree about the takedowns having to be 3rd person - Mirror's Edge proved the problems with 1st person melee.

Pritchard's voice is dreadful - I'm guessing he turns out to be a bad guy later in the game and we get to shoot him which will be nice.

Does electricity actually look like that in water?

Oh none to keen on the highlighting, the regenerating health or the fact that the so called stealth takedowns were far from silent - are the other guards deaf or just don't hear a heavily armoured full grown man hitting the deck?

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City Trailer, Campaign Length
17. Re: Batman: Arkham City Trailer, Campaign Length Mar 16, 2011, 19:53 Lorcin

JoeNapalm wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 16:40:
"Bluesnews people are all haters" demographic

Or as I believe the saying goes "Don't hate the players hate the (other) game".

Had to add "other" as this one looks good and I loved the first one. It's the exception that proves the rule to my blanket mantra "Licensed games are poo" which my kids get every time they wave the latest Ben10 game under my nose.

News Comments > THQ Stock Drops
21. Re: THQ Stock Drops Mar 15, 2011, 19:39 Lorcin

dds wrote on Mar 15, 2011, 19:27:
It's kinda horseshit that simply an average metacritic score will send investors apeshit to sell their stock. But that's how wonderful the stock market is nowadays.

Can't disagree. Is there even a competitor to Metacritic? Seems an opportunity for a startup.

Gamerankings?

News Comments > THQ Stock Drops
15. Re: THQ Stock Drops Mar 15, 2011, 18:51 Lorcin

Could also be down to the run time - every year shooters seem to get shorter and shorter but this is truly getting ridiculous.

I remember the Wages Of Sin add on came out back in 99 - it was 20 and as I completed it in 4 hours I promptly took it back to the shop the next day in utter disgust.

Unreal, Half-Life (1+2) even Quake and Doom would have never sold the amount they if their run times had been 5 hours. Christ didn't it take a good 3 or 4 hours just to play the shareware version of Doom they released to entice you to buy the rest of the game?

Oh also please don't take this the wrong way - but America is not exactly popular around the world. Maybe if they'd added the option to play as either side it may have had more impact internationally.

News Comments > Transformers Online Announced
11. Re: Transformers Online Announced Mar 15, 2011, 07:22 Lorcin

I always wanted a transformers as a kid but never had one - now I bloody hate the things. My son started getting them at quite an early age and of course couldn't do them properly - I've spent HOURS transforming them for him and come to the conclusion I didn't miss much as a kid!  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City in October
20. Re: Batman: Arkham City in October Mar 12, 2011, 07:48 Lorcin

Still twice what it was going for on steam a month or two ago - and you have to wait for delivery.  

News Comments > BioWare Forum User's Game Ban Lifted
25. Re: BioWare Forum User's Game Ban Lifted Mar 11, 2011, 21:00 Lorcin

That was the thread title, that wasn't the thread content. And based upon what I remember, the content of that thread wasn't just asking a basic question like that.

Well really I wanna know what was in that thread then. I mean in general I don't so much as glance at thread titles so this must have been one REALLY interesting thread for it to stick in your mind so much.

23. Re: BioWare Forum User's Game Ban Lifted Mar 11, 2011, 20:44 Lorcin

Personally I haven't seen anything like that on the Bioware social site. They have plenty of anti-EA rants and raves left open and the ones I have personally seen locked/deleted were the result of some seriously disturbing posts. Most of which get into a lot of really nasty topics that have little to nothing to do with EA or Bioware as a company.

Yeah cause the original quote of "Have you sold your souls to the EA devil?" is seriously disturbing.

20. Re: BioWare Forum User's Game Ban Lifted Mar 11, 2011, 20:28 Lorcin

DarkCntry wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 20:19:
Lorcin wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 20:15:
I'm not even sure his original post was misconduct anyway. In anywhere except a tyrannical dictatorship his comment was just a personal opinion!

If game developers/publishers want a community based on their games they should be happy to accepts certain elements of the community will not be happy - not try to censor them for having an opinion.

Feedback is essential in every job - the fact the forum nazi's can block any kind of feedback is REALLY stupid.

If my experience is anything to go by, 9 times out of 10 feedback is rarely ever given constructively in large quantities. Almost all of the time it's feedback lining over very thinly veiled deriding of whatever the product/service/object they are talking about.

I would wager a guess that the feedback that was given was along the lines of "this game sux, it was better before ea, you are all sellout fags!!!"

Fair enough the original comment was hardly constructive - but at the same time if 99% of forum posters are unhappy bioware have signed to EA then they deserve a voice. I totally agree that most internet posts are superfluous but at what point now will Bioware be told 90% of their fanbase hate their choice to go to EA. Never! because 99% of their fanbase won't dare to post stuff like that in case they get banned.

15. Re: BioWare Forum User's Game Ban Lifted Mar 11, 2011, 20:15 Lorcin

I'm not even sure his original post was misconduct anyway. In anywhere except a tyrannical dictatorship his comment was just a personal opinion!

If game developers/publishers want a community based on their games they should be happy to accepts certain elements of the community will not be happy - not try to censor them for having an opinion.

Feedback is essential in every job - the fact the forum nazi's can block any kind of feedback is REALLY stupid.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City in October
16. Re: Batman: Arkham City in October Mar 11, 2011, 20:07 Lorcin

Fair enough - PC version is currently 14.99 whilst the ps3 version is currently out of stock on the uk high streets. OFC you could buy 2nd hand and get if for about 15 on a scratched up disc - or you could have bought it in the steam sale for 75% off ofc on the pc.

That a dodgy call really - 14.99 new, 15 second hand or if your timing is right 3.75 new.

Think I'll stick with slightly older PC games and crack them tbh!

* apologies for quoting prices in sterling but I simply can't be bothered to convert them - you get the picture anyway!

News Comments > Prey 2 Revealed
6. Re: Prey 2 Revealed Mar 11, 2011, 19:47 Lorcin

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 19:41:
Sempai wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 19:01:
Did anyone even ask for this?

Did anyone ask for genital warts?

*JOKING* no but your mum gave it too me anyway *END JOKE*

BTW Joke was - she didn't give me genital warts.

News Comments > Carmack: Direct3D Now "Rather Better" Than OpenGL
31. Re: Carmack: Direct3D Now Mar 11, 2011, 18:37 Lorcin

Fair enough - like I said I'm just beginning. I used to be able to do Visual Basic to a good degree (I wrote the software used by Volkswagon's customer care department here in the UK) and figured there is a SHIT load of money to made from low budget games on the various app stores. The day of the bedroom game programmer is back!

Well except I'm 37 this month and my PC is in the living room whether the wife likes it or not

News Comments > Prey 2 Revealed
2. Re: Prey 2 Revealed Mar 11, 2011, 18:27 Lorcin

tentative yay  

News Comments > Carmack: Direct3D Now "Rather Better" Than OpenGL
29. Re: Carmack: Direct3D Now Mar 11, 2011, 17:28 Lorcin

I could be very wrong here but the PS3 and all subsequent consoles from them ,nintendo, iOS and Android use opengl . Windows and 360 use directx meaning programmers have to work with two different renderers or use the slow as shite C#.

Like I said could be wrong - I started looking into c# programming and everything I read promptly told me for multi-platform games I'd be better with C++ even though it's a harder job.

Carmack may think DirectX is a good thing but on the whole if the whole world could agree on one graphics api everything would be smoother.

That said why the hell can't they make the labels on the buttons the same on all the consoles - it's a very strange conversation telling your kid that O=B.

1085 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo