Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1046 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Carmack: Direct3D Now "Rather Better" Than OpenGL
29. Re: Carmack: Direct3D Now Mar 11, 2011, 17:28 Lorcin

I could be very wrong here but the PS3 and all subsequent consoles from them ,nintendo, iOS and Android use opengl . Windows and 360 use directx meaning programmers have to work with two different renderers or use the slow as shite C#.

Like I said could be wrong - I started looking into c# programming and everything I read promptly told me for multi-platform games I'd be better with C++ even though it's a harder job.

Carmack may think DirectX is a good thing but on the whole if the whole world could agree on one graphics api everything would be smoother.

That said why the hell can't they make the labels on the buttons the same on all the consoles - it's a very strange conversation telling your kid that O=B.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City in October
7. Re: Batman: Arkham City in October Mar 11, 2011, 13:31 Lorcin

@creston just crack it.

Oh before anybody screams pirate at me - I'd happily post a screeny of it owned in steam. I still keep backups of cracked exes for all my games just in case I lose internet for a while etc.

News Comments > 3D DOOM Movie Reboot?
10. Re: 3D DOOM Movie Reboot? Mar 9, 2011, 15:38 Lorcin

There's also the little fact that there hasn't been a decent doom release for 15 years!!!!

WTF is next the crash bandicoot movie?

Doom died when 3 came out and most of the gaming world went MEH. Dwanye Johnson just hammered the nails into the coffin.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 8, 2011, 06:57 Lorcin

It seems after feedback from the Wii version the PS3 version of Michael Jackson will by styled along the line of Amnesia. You play the part of a small boy trying to escape Neverland whilst barely glimpsed unspeakable horrors hunt you down.  

News Comments > Free-to-Play Ryzom
6. Re: Is it good/fun? Mar 4, 2011, 19:51 Lorcin

It's pretty different tbh - never played enough to say whether that's in a good way or not. It's one of those games I really want to like but never seem to play much.  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
1. Re: Morning Screenshots Mar 3, 2011, 15:28 Lorcin

Got milk?  

News Comments > PC Fable III in May
8. Re: PC Fable III in May Feb 25, 2011, 02:08 Lorcin

My two cents after playing the 360 version:

If you thinking of buying it because you like RPGs, action adventures or comedy games. DON'T - it doesn't do any of that particularly well.

If you do buy it anyway - put it on the highest difficulty you can because the minute you can do aoe magic it becomes a walk in the park.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Feb 19, 2011, 01:08 Lorcin

My daughter was really upset by this - she was gutted it wasn't real.  

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
11. Re: RAGE Trailer Feb 18, 2011, 04:20 Lorcin

Zoom wrote on Feb 18, 2011, 04:14:
StingingVelvet wrote on Feb 18, 2011, 03:54:
Those expecting it to be the second-coming, if anyone still is, will likely be disappointed.
Like most ID games it will be mostly a demonstrator for their ID tech engine which they will license out to quite a few companies. In this aspect a lot of people are expecting it not for the gameplay, but for the game engine itself..

Only trouble with that line of thinking iD tech 4 didn't exactly fair well against the Unreal Engine - 7 games listed using tech 4 (5 of them iD's IPs) and >100 for Unreal Engine 3. Even the Source engine has been more widely licensed than Tech 4 - hell even the god awful Gamebryo engine is wider licensed.

This comment was edited on Feb 18, 2011, 04:25.

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
3. Re: RAGE Trailer Feb 17, 2011, 22:24 Lorcin

It's iD what do you expect?  

News Comments > Bulletstorm Trailer
11. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 17, 2011, 18:56 Lorcin

Totally agree on the "GANGBANG +500" bit - why they'd want to take what was a quickly tiresome novelty from the original UT and use it so excessively is beyond me. I'll hold off even getting the demo until I can check they can be turned off.

Still at the same time the comments in this thread have made me look up what an actual douche bag is - not the slang meaning, the physical object. I'm not sure what their called this side of the pond but it's not a common expression here. I guess it must be a bit like you guys and prat - we use that in much the same context as you use douche. Still at least I've learnt something from this game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2011, 13:59 Lorcin

Write out a card with your left hand and leave it somewhere your right hand will find later?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Telework Week Feb 14, 2011, 11:03 Lorcin

Blue hate to tell you but it seem's your uncle may be looking for a new job - his work is not found!  

News Comments > No PC Transformers Sequel
5. Re: No PC Transformers Sequel Feb 14, 2011, 11:01 Lorcin

oh quick let's start an online petition to get it ported over - then nobody buy it  

News Comments > Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked?
2. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 11, 2011, 21:18 Lorcin

It's meant to be in an awful state - very buggy and quick to lock up systems. Oh and only works at 800x600  

News Comments > The Darkness II Announced
11. Re: The Darkness II Announced Feb 8, 2011, 12:59 Lorcin

Oh god - the return of Justin Hawkins - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 8, 2011, 12:27 Lorcin

Whilst this womens case is a bit extreme I don't see why any purchase doesn't need the CCV number on the back entered. It's 3 digits - chances are the cardholder knows it and if a kid has remembered it on purpose then he can't claim it was an accident.

It does strike me as strange the ONLY places I don't have to confirm my CCV is on itunes/XBL etc etc - the ones which also have their own currency. Again whilst I think this woman is remarkably stupid the systems do seem designed to make accidental purchases easy.

News Comments > THQ's Third Quarter Losses
8. Re: Game Development Costs Feb 2, 2011, 22:12 Lorcin

Wait a sec!!! I bought darksiders in the steam sale. Not sure there's any other SP games which got a C off me in the last 12 months.  

News Comments > Game Health Warning Legislation, Take 3
6. Re: Game Health Warning Legislation, Take 3 Jan 25, 2011, 21:11 Lorcin

lol cool - if he manages he'll increase the sale of violent games and we'll have less kiddie games  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 19, 2011, 20:50 Lorcin

They need to do something with it - my kids haven't touched it for 6 weeks. In fact it's actually been in the boot of my car for the last week after I tried to sell it to gamestation (UK gaming arm of blockbuster) and they WOULDN'T BUY IT CAUSE THEY HAD TOO MANY 2nd HAND ONES THEY COULDN'T SELL!!!!  

1046 Comments. 53 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo