Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1079 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > EVE Online, League of Legends, and More Hacked
2. Re: EVE Online, League of Legends, and More Hacked Jun 14, 2011, 20:26 Lorcin

I think it's the French trying to push through their idea of a cyber police. Nobody should be scared of the internet so why are these idiots making it's most die hard users doubt themselves?

Honestly if the US could just accidentally nuke France I'd appreciate it.

PS Please aim right - I only live 70 miles from Calais and Dunkirk.

KTHKBYE

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever
49. Re: Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever Jun 14, 2011, 19:24 Lorcin

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 14, 2011, 18:53:
They would be blasted for ignoring all of the advancements in the genre

Like what???? hiding behind walls - having infinite recharging health and only being able to carry two guns (btw in real life i might stagger a bit with two rocket launchers - but I think I'd be a tad more sprightly with 3 handguns). Having the entire world made from greys and browns?

The FPS genre hasn't advanced since hl1/2 it's developed into a state of hyper-stagnation. Every new mainstream title is easier, more samey and more generic than the last.

I swear to god I fully expect to see a remake of the old Dragon32/TSR-80 fps Phantom Maze before long.

Aside from that DNF is a tricky game to internally review - there are good bits (the driving sections for an fps are 1st class aside from the first one) clever but not working bits (barrels down the stairs near the end) and of course the weird graphics (a blend of 10 years tech and a drunk animator for the most part but with some extras trying to bring it up to date).

It's not bad - in fact it's bloody unique, like an evoling time capsule of a game. If you can rent it go ahead. It's about 6 hours long on PC ( double that on console due to increased loading times and shitty controller aiming).

Oh actually I just placed it. The same time Half Life 1 came out over here Sin came out the same week. I bought Sin because......the box art, I have no idea why I went for it - except half life wasn't actually very well advertised and the internet will still only just getting to full saturation. Anyway I bought Sin and loved it - then about a year later got around to playing HL and it blew my mind. I really hope DNF is going to be the counter point to a new game soon which will come from nowhere and explode the genre again.

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2011, 19:33.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
6. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 11, 2011, 23:27 Lorcin

crypto wrote on Jun 11, 2011, 23:17:
that controller is the cats ass! turn the touch screen into a big touch pad and you got a FPS with PC controls on a console

You are perfectly correct sir - however I, myself do not require a cat's arse and would be very intrigued as to what your own intentions towards one is.

Or in teenage american speach WOOOOOO BROOOOO WICKED IT'S JUST LIKE A PC BUT LIKE SHIT. LET'S BUY A PC AND PLUG IT IN VIA THE HDMI INSTEAD. YEAH SICK, LIKE, ERM EXCELLENCT? KIND NON-BOGUS??

Sorry lost it - if anybody is in range can you please bitch slap him and send him to bed please?

3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 11, 2011, 22:35 Lorcin

Your right I'm sorry we used the original from thousands of years ago rather than making up our own pronunciation. I'm sorry I'm such a dozy cow.

Suck on my moobs.

1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 11, 2011, 20:46 Lorcin

Sorry but "I should have shown a single picture of the new console, then started talking about the controller" wouldn't have stopped this. You had NO actual games running on it - and rumours are that at best your next-gen is the same spec as the current gen xbox/ps. This isn't WiiU - this is WiiU5YearsAgo.

The one thing Duke Nukem has proved is whilst PC progress has been slow - it's been steady. Compare the game across PC and Consoles and you'll be stunned. Now the new Wii does what our old consoles do? So bloody what - like Sony said the next day, there's nothing Nintendo have shown they couldn't do with a PS3 and PSVita (stupid name) - plus the vita can be a mobile platform unlike the WiiU controller.

They are trying to produce another underpowered gimmick and hope it ignites the world again - but like the 3ds they are on shaky ground.

Why would casual gamers want to spend on the new console when the games still have Miis etc, look just like Wii games give or take high def (lets be honest Mario circo 2010 is much akin to Mario circo 1990 minus a few bells and whistles which casual gamers don't worry about) and if there's more than one of you have to use a Wiimote.

BTW Sidenote but did you guys know here in the uk Vita is pronounced "Vita" with an I - not "Veeta" with an E. We've actually had singing sunflowers advertising "Vitalite" for the last 25 or so years. Games might be region free but I'm guess the adverts won't!

Anyone who knows the idiot in the tie at sony please make him watch this and learn the proper pronunciation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9CH1n9tNV0

Oh wait I'm sorry after checking it seems Veeta is a correct pronunciation of Vita - if you mean the female form of Davida. If you mean life of course - jog on.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2011, 21:05.

News Comments > id Happy to be Done with Engine Licensing
13. Re: id Happy to be Done with Engine Licensing Jun 8, 2011, 23:00 Lorcin

Doombringer wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 21:50:
RAGE comes, goes, and has no legacy. Wolf 3D, Doom, Quake... those games lived on because of both the precedents they set, and because of what others did with the tech.

They may not be licensing it externally but I think an awful lot of people were surprised the new Elder Scrolls game isn't using it. I'm pretty confident we will see the rage engine used a lot in Zenimax games.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer
3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Jun 8, 2011, 22:45 Lorcin

Was that Horney from Dungeon Keeper at the end?  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Not impressed Jun 8, 2011, 07:50 Lorcin

My guess would be proprietary like the gamecube. That never played movies - and the software didn't cost more.

I don't see the missing out compared to the ps3 - most people have blu-ray players now anyway.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
4. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jun 5, 2011, 21:03 Lorcin

Comparing phones to consoles is akin to saying Chewing Gum is as much of a meal as a Burger. And people will still want a PC's T-Bone steaks over burgers anyway.

News Comments > GRIN on Square Enix
6. Re: GRIN on Square Enix May 30, 2011, 01:04 Lorcin

Wanted came out a LONG time after the film  

News Comments > GRIN on Square Enix
3. Re: GRIN on Square Enix May 29, 2011, 17:54 Lorcin

I don't really care what they claim - they produced a lot of AAA budgeted titles which were worth a B at best. Most of their games could have been passable if they hadn't need the huge licensing and hype of Bionic Commando, Terminator and Wanted.

They were semi competent but trying to produce games way better than they were capable of.

News Comments > Capcom DRM Follow-up
10. Re: Capcom DRM Follow-up May 26, 2011, 17:12 Lorcin

Well judging by question 4 - chances are as normal it will be leaked and cracked on Day 1. So to avoid getting DRM on your machine buy it the next day and it should remove the DRM when it does it's activation check  

News Comments > SSFIV AE Uses Always-On DRM
5. Re: SSFIV AE Uses Always-On DRM May 25, 2011, 21:51 Lorcin

Oh christ grow up you idiots. Capcom is one of the few MAJOR game companies saying they will support the PC more. Yet you're all still scared of some horror stories from 5 years ago.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch Nears
15. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Nears May 25, 2011, 14:53 Lorcin

So what time is "evening" for a polish developer. As far as I know Poland is GMT+2 (or nearly 10pm at the time of writing). Surely that's boarding night-time already?  

News Comments > Obsidian Not Making Alpha Protocol 2, But it Would Be Better
13. Re: Obsidian Not Making Alpha Protocol 2, But it Would Be Better May 21, 2011, 23:30 Lorcin

erm oh well - the only reason I can be sure I've played this is due to steam's history. Very bland, forgettable game doesn't get a sequel. I'd honestly rather they made Blood Stone 2,  

News Comments > AvP Sequel Downplayed
21. Re: AvP Sequel Downplayed May 13, 2011, 06:46 Lorcin

Dw - I was drunk anyway. Only know I was on this thread thanks to history  

14. Re: AvP Sequel Downplayed May 12, 2011, 23:06 Lorcin

cause back when avp was released not everybody was the direct descendant of jesus and had infinite re-spawning health and resurrection points every 2m?  

12. Re: AvP Sequel Downplayed May 12, 2011, 23:03 Lorcin

Well I must have watched Aliens > 100 times (I was 14 when it was released) and I certainly don't remember much aiming. AFAIK most of the shooting was actually from the hip in aliens, no guns in alien 1 or 3 and oh wait!!!!

Your the bloke in the wheelchair from Alien 4 - grats dude you aimed (although your leg was getting burned off by acid at the time but hey - GRATS!)

9. Re: AvP Sequel Downplayed May 12, 2011, 22:56 Lorcin

OldScho0l wrote on May 12, 2011, 22:54:
You're an idiot! STFU! I can have any opinion I want and if you don't like it, so what? If I wanted any shit out of you, I would squeeze your pimple covered head!

LOL Fuck you - I'm an adult and a parent so here. IT'S PAST YOUR BEDTIME - GOODNIGHT.

6. Re: AvP Sequel Downplayed May 12, 2011, 22:21 Lorcin

Honestly for somebody called OldScho0l that's an awfully modern attitude. If you crouch and aim against 'aliens' your already dead.

Your honestly 1 step short of complaining about a lack of chest high walls.

1079 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo