Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1019 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > AvP Sequel Downplayed
2. Re: AvP Sequel Downplayed May 12, 2011, 21:47 Lorcin

Oh no so the sequel to the sequel which was itself the sequel to a game which actually good is in doubt. THE SHAME.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Original Alice with Alice: Madness Returns Preorders
1. Re: Original Alice with Alice: Madness Returns Preorders May 12, 2011, 21:42 Lorcin

erm I already own the original. If I preorder this will someone come around, root through my shed, clean up the disks and mail it to the person I choose as a gift for me?  

News Comments > Games for Windows LIVE Activity
17. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Activity May 12, 2011, 21:31 Lorcin

Is that post massively delayed? Halo 2?

Seriously - the fact Microsoft are trying to tell us that HALO 2 is one of the most popular games on the PC say's it all for their perspective.

News Comments > Brawl Busters Announced
1. Re: Brawl Busters Announced May 12, 2011, 07:07 Lorcin

Damn my daughter will be upset - she loves plan b:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwD1vQ_Gw2A

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization May 7, 2011, 19:50 Lorcin

Not really buying the paperphone - I can't imagine it will ever be as easy to scroll as simply dragging a touch screen down. Also although the display may be paper thin - the battery etc isn't.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Shrinkage Trailer
9. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Shrinkage Trailer May 5, 2011, 20:00 Lorcin

Meh in the extreme - seems to be aimed at 13 year olds.  

News Comments > The Darkness II in October
1. Re: The Darkness II in October May 4, 2011, 19:05 Lorcin

lol at the fact they feel they need to Trade Mark "Quad-Wielding". Like anybody else in the world would feel the need to call it something that uninventive.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Apr 26, 2011, 04:18 Lorcin

We needed to change the TV a month ago - and did pay the extra 150 for 3d. However it goes to show how much confidence we have in the tech as we only bought 3 sets of glasses for our family of 5.

Still the footy is nice in 3d and the games aren't bad.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 23, 2011, 18:17 Lorcin

I'm still seriously uncertain about pirating TV shows which are shown on channels you pay to have access to. If I miss an episode of something by accident I think absolutely nothing of downloading it.

I think the true reason for this is to help fans not having it spoiled by the internet - which is a nice thing. To blame any part of it on piracy is just typical British sensationalism.

At the same time it seems the BBC will only front 700k per episode of Dr Who. The normal price of an episode is around 1m - the 300k shortfall has to be made from merchandising, dvd sales, overseas sales etc etc.

Given the fact the BBC receives 3.4 billion pounds a year in license fees (every household in the UK with a tv has to pay a fee of 142.50 per year - enforced by law) why can they not pay for one of the most popular programs they produce!

(tabloid) source: Here

BBC funding: from wiki

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Portal 2
40. Re: Ships Ahoy - Portal 2 Apr 19, 2011, 19:15 Lorcin

OMG I'm so happy it's copied valve_ps3_legals.bik and valve_xbox_legals.bik onto my harddrive. There's nothing like waisting bandwidth and diskspace on bloatware.  

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
37. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 18:01 Lorcin

For everyone complaining about the weapon switching menus are you even going to attempt to tell me you think Half-life's was better???  

News Comments > Portal 2 Countdown Explained
31. Re: Portal 2 Countdown Explained Apr 15, 2011, 19:51 Lorcin

ok so it seems the most popular game in The Potato Sack atm is a bad looking Katamari rip off - I thought Katamari looked bad but "The Wonderful End of the World" makes it look wonderful.

Edit: I actually love the Katamari games - but I don't want to play a western remake of a quintessentially Japanese game.

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 2011, 20:21.

News Comments > Portal 2 Early?
12. Re: Portal 2 Early? Apr 12, 2011, 19:28 Lorcin

Dammit got to wait for the PS3 version too - I promised I'd play it coop with one of my girls (the first one is one of a very few games she's completed). Still at least when it turns out it will unlock my PC version too :S  

News Comments > Street Fighter X Tekken PC Announced
11. Re: Street Fighter X Tekken PC Announced Apr 12, 2011, 19:16 Lorcin

Thanks Drezden - good to know namco are also doing SF in Tekken. I wasn't a huge fan of the SF4 art style and prefer 3d fighters.

That said I wouldn't dream of buying it on a PC anyway - games like this are definitely best on the sofa with wireless controllers and beer (yes I know you can do that with a PC).

News Comments > Portal/Portal 2 Comic Part 1
5. Re: Portal/Portal 2 Comic Part 1 Apr 9, 2011, 21:11 Lorcin

I want my 3 minutes back  

News Comments > Crysis 2 DX11 Patch Coming
5. Re: Crysis 2 DX11 Patch Coming Apr 8, 2011, 21:01 Lorcin

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 8, 2011, 19:41:
Where exactly did Crytek say that DX11 was going to be supported in Crysis 2, or even released with the game?

Or indeed where did they say that Crysis 2 would be based on 5 year old tech???????????

News Comments > Mafia II Director's Cut Announced
18. Re: Mafia II Director's Cut Announced Mar 30, 2011, 19:13 Lorcin

I finished Mafia 2 without the DLC and was REALLY happy to see the credits. For me completing just the base game took a lot of determination to make sure I hadn't wasted my money.

The story was weak and predictable, the characters almost universally unlikeable and the main character quite regularly made major plot decisions which I had no control over and he always chose the "this is a fucking bad idea" option.

There's no way on earth I wanna play add on's where even more unlikeable characters make me wish I was in any way in control.

I understand why the main character had to make the choices he did - it was so the story could follow it's predictable crappy path to the end. But that just smacks of bad writing when at pivotal moments of the story arc your left screaming "no you fucking idiot" at the screen.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
2. Re: Evening Screenshots Mar 25, 2011, 23:16 Lorcin

Yeah to begin with - but it's pretty obvious from halfway through the 1st book Martin has no idea where the story is going and is completely out of his depth.

It wouldn't surprise me at all that he announces the series will actually be 17 books and the wall is actually made of sand and the bodies of miraculously resurrected royals he needs to complete his story.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer
2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Mar 25, 2011, 23:11 Lorcin

I was only slightly "MEH" until the bad guy who really really wanted to be Darth turned up. Now the game holds as much appeal as Star Wars Galaxies for me.

They need to merge Lucas's franchise with their games - not try and cater for the die-hard fans. Catering has been tried so many times in mmos and it's never worked (matrik, warhammer, D&D etc etc)

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Walkthrough Trailer
31. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Walkthrough Trailer Mar 22, 2011, 02:55 Lorcin

I found the switch to 3rd in cover jarring too - but I'm sure that was because I wasn't expecting it. I'm sure if I was actually pressing the key that triggered that transition it would be fine.

I agree about the takedowns having to be 3rd person - Mirror's Edge proved the problems with 1st person melee.

Pritchard's voice is dreadful - I'm guessing he turns out to be a bad guy later in the game and we get to shoot him which will be nice.

Does electricity actually look like that in water?

Oh none to keen on the highlighting, the regenerating health or the fact that the so called stealth takedowns were far from silent - are the other guards deaf or just don't hear a heavily armoured full grown man hitting the deck?

1019 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo