Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1031 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Portal 2 DLC for Razer Motion Controller
4. Re: Portal 2 DLC for Razer Motion Controller Jun 18, 2011, 04:38 Lorcin

"An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region"

No screenshots for me

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2011, 21:24 Lorcin

Christ I hate time zones - I sent my children to bed 5 hours ago  

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2011, 21:14 Lorcin

wtf_man wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 21:03:
I was poking fun (hence, the devil smiley) about the title of the headline "Gears Designer 'Would Die" if..."

Oh whatever - common policy on this board is to hate CliffyB - you try to say you weren't doing it because you posted a smiley after your post when the first post in this thread in the post didn't even have a smiley.

Just accept your wrong - cliffyb is like peter moleneux - he may be a twat but gaming would be worse without him.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: sum to zero Jun 17, 2011, 20:38 Lorcin

ohh pigs cheeks are not uncommon over here and are a realy delicacy. Same time I'm trying to bring American BBQ style dishes into the UK - Pulled Pork is coming together quite well.

Strangely enough - my local pig farm is owned by Kelly Brook. I know that seems strange but she went to the same schools my kids go to and her mum lives about a mile away. At the same time it's kinda disturbing to think they'll get the education as her - it's also kinda funny to think I'M filling my belly with HER meat.

For those not in the know:

My local pig farmer - Mostley SFW

She was the girl you actually liked in Piranha as well

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 2011, 21:17.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2011, 19:53 Lorcin

Oh and the guys hating on CliffyB? SHUT UP - seriously if you've NEVER enjoyed a single game on the Unreal engine then fine. Otherwise really shut up - no matter what you think of Epic's own games their engine is THE standard atm.

I'm currently enjoying Alice Madness Returns - it's not perfect but I love the art direction so much I want to keep playing to see what's next. And that's all produced on the Unreal engine. I may not like Gears of War much - and I'm truly cross when I see Kinect Adventures is powered by Unreal. But I'd rather most games were built on that then the god awful Gamebryo engine.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2011, 19:46 Lorcin

New Wii U dev kits to arrive by July? It takes them that long to duct tape two wii's together?

4. Re: Iwata confirms non-DVD or Blu-ray playback for Wii U Jun 15, 2011, 21:14 Lorcin

I don't get car combat either - seems a very NA thing to me (from the uk).

Oh hey I just made sony millions - NASCAR Twisted Metal. Collect all the redneck dollars on one game.

News Comments > EA Didn't Pull Crysis 2 from Steam
45. Re: EA Didn't Pull Crysis 2 from Steam Jun 15, 2011, 20:17 Lorcin

I think EA are starting a fight they can't possibly win here. Nobody likes EA - every stuff pack they charge for the sims just reiterates that point.

The last thing EA need is to narrow the distribution of their games - we're so pissed off at them already I'd actually sooner pay more on steam then let EA know my email address.

Square/Enix/Eidos have the right of it at the moment - they charging average prices for average games across a LOT of distribution networks.

News Comments > EA Didn't Pull Crysis 2 from Steam
41. Re: EA Didn't Pull Crysis 2 from Steam Jun 15, 2011, 19:18 Lorcin

I had a minor flashback earlier which I can't be bothered to research. Anybody else remember people bitching about compulsory steam installs the same way people currently do about GWFL or any form of DRM?  

News Comments > EVE Online, League of Legends, and More Hacked
4. Re: EVE Online, League of Legends, and More Hacked Jun 14, 2011, 21:02 Lorcin

Cutter wrote on Jun 14, 2011, 20:23:
like white on rice

wait - what??? white what?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Alice: Madness Returns
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Alice: Madness Returns Jun 14, 2011, 20:55 Lorcin

Blue??? According to the early reviews you may have got a P in the place of the T in this posts title.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever
51. Re: Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever Jun 14, 2011, 20:36 Lorcin

Ratty wrote on Jun 14, 2011, 20:29:
I chose Thief because of the cool rhombus-shaped box and cover art. It was a good decision as I still love Thief to death and have gotten more joy out of it than any other game. But when I finally got around to Half Life I realized I should have just bought them both.

Nice!! I never got into Thief but it was always one of those games I WANTED to get into. Only surprise franchise I can name recently that was like that was the witcher - the games are really tough to get into but SO rewarding.

News Comments > EVE Online, League of Legends, and More Hacked
2. Re: EVE Online, League of Legends, and More Hacked Jun 14, 2011, 20:26 Lorcin

I think it's the French trying to push through their idea of a cyber police. Nobody should be scared of the internet so why are these idiots making it's most die hard users doubt themselves?

Honestly if the US could just accidentally nuke France I'd appreciate it.

PS Please aim right - I only live 70 miles from Calais and Dunkirk.

KTHKBYE

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever
49. Re: Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever Jun 14, 2011, 19:24 Lorcin

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 14, 2011, 18:53:
They would be blasted for ignoring all of the advancements in the genre

Like what???? hiding behind walls - having infinite recharging health and only being able to carry two guns (btw in real life i might stagger a bit with two rocket launchers - but I think I'd be a tad more sprightly with 3 handguns). Having the entire world made from greys and browns?

The FPS genre hasn't advanced since hl1/2 it's developed into a state of hyper-stagnation. Every new mainstream title is easier, more samey and more generic than the last.

I swear to god I fully expect to see a remake of the old Dragon32/TSR-80 fps Phantom Maze before long.

Aside from that DNF is a tricky game to internally review - there are good bits (the driving sections for an fps are 1st class aside from the first one) clever but not working bits (barrels down the stairs near the end) and of course the weird graphics (a blend of 10 years tech and a drunk animator for the most part but with some extras trying to bring it up to date).

It's not bad - in fact it's bloody unique, like an evoling time capsule of a game. If you can rent it go ahead. It's about 6 hours long on PC ( double that on console due to increased loading times and shitty controller aiming).

Oh actually I just placed it. The same time Half Life 1 came out over here Sin came out the same week. I bought Sin because......the box art, I have no idea why I went for it - except half life wasn't actually very well advertised and the internet will still only just getting to full saturation. Anyway I bought Sin and loved it - then about a year later got around to playing HL and it blew my mind. I really hope DNF is going to be the counter point to a new game soon which will come from nowhere and explode the genre again.

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2011, 19:33.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
6. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 11, 2011, 23:27 Lorcin

crypto wrote on Jun 11, 2011, 23:17:
that controller is the cats ass! turn the touch screen into a big touch pad and you got a FPS with PC controls on a console

You are perfectly correct sir - however I, myself do not require a cat's arse and would be very intrigued as to what your own intentions towards one is.

Or in teenage american speach WOOOOOO BROOOOO WICKED IT'S JUST LIKE A PC BUT LIKE SHIT. LET'S BUY A PC AND PLUG IT IN VIA THE HDMI INSTEAD. YEAH SICK, LIKE, ERM EXCELLENCT? KIND NON-BOGUS??

Sorry lost it - if anybody is in range can you please bitch slap him and send him to bed please?

3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 11, 2011, 22:35 Lorcin

Your right I'm sorry we used the original from thousands of years ago rather than making up our own pronunciation. I'm sorry I'm such a dozy cow.

Suck on my moobs.

1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 11, 2011, 20:46 Lorcin

Sorry but "I should have shown a single picture of the new console, then started talking about the controller" wouldn't have stopped this. You had NO actual games running on it - and rumours are that at best your next-gen is the same spec as the current gen xbox/ps. This isn't WiiU - this is WiiU5YearsAgo.

The one thing Duke Nukem has proved is whilst PC progress has been slow - it's been steady. Compare the game across PC and Consoles and you'll be stunned. Now the new Wii does what our old consoles do? So bloody what - like Sony said the next day, there's nothing Nintendo have shown they couldn't do with a PS3 and PSVita (stupid name) - plus the vita can be a mobile platform unlike the WiiU controller.

They are trying to produce another underpowered gimmick and hope it ignites the world again - but like the 3ds they are on shaky ground.

Why would casual gamers want to spend on the new console when the games still have Miis etc, look just like Wii games give or take high def (lets be honest Mario circo 2010 is much akin to Mario circo 1990 minus a few bells and whistles which casual gamers don't worry about) and if there's more than one of you have to use a Wiimote.

BTW Sidenote but did you guys know here in the uk Vita is pronounced "Vita" with an I - not "Veeta" with an E. We've actually had singing sunflowers advertising "Vitalite" for the last 25 or so years. Games might be region free but I'm guess the adverts won't!

Anyone who knows the idiot in the tie at sony please make him watch this and learn the proper pronunciation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9CH1n9tNV0

Oh wait I'm sorry after checking it seems Veeta is a correct pronunciation of Vita - if you mean the female form of Davida. If you mean life of course - jog on.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2011, 21:05.

News Comments > id Happy to be Done with Engine Licensing
13. Re: id Happy to be Done with Engine Licensing Jun 8, 2011, 23:00 Lorcin

Doombringer wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 21:50:
RAGE comes, goes, and has no legacy. Wolf 3D, Doom, Quake... those games lived on because of both the precedents they set, and because of what others did with the tech.

They may not be licensing it externally but I think an awful lot of people were surprised the new Elder Scrolls game isn't using it. I'm pretty confident we will see the rage engine used a lot in Zenimax games.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer
3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Jun 8, 2011, 22:45 Lorcin

Was that Horney from Dungeon Keeper at the end?  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Not impressed Jun 8, 2011, 07:50 Lorcin

My guess would be proprietary like the gamecube. That never played movies - and the software didn't cost more.

I don't see the missing out compared to the ps3 - most people have blu-ray players now anyway.

1031 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo