Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1006 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Learning From ME2 and DA2 Mistakes
15. Re: Mass Effect 3 Learning From ME2 and DA2 Mistakes Jul 1, 2011, 11:46 Lorcin

I liked ME2 - as a shooter with a bit of a story. Wouldn't really say it was an RPG but I did enjoy it.

Except the stupid planet scanning bit - couldn't be bothered with that. But hey that's what trainers are made for.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Upcoming PC Shooter Tease
33. Re: Upcoming PC Shooter Tease Jun 30, 2011, 22:50 Lorcin

I know it's not an FPS but I can't look at this without thinking Anarchy Online  

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Ending in December
29. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Ending in December Jun 24, 2011, 20:34 Lorcin

I really like the idea of a Star Wars MMO - but I hate the idea of having to play with star wars junkies. This is kinda like STO - I like the principal of STO - but I don't wanna spend the evening with trekkies.

Honestly - nice idea on having a SW MMO but SW ended 28 years ago. I no more want to play a Star Wars MMO than I do a Lost Boys mmo.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Trailer
1. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Jun 24, 2011, 15:35 Lorcin

So glad I watched that - I though she was going to be an emo and cry all over the place!  

News Comments > Anarchy Online 10th Anniversary
4. Re: Anarchy Online 10th Anniversary Jun 23, 2011, 23:11 Lorcin

Read this fondly - until they mentioned Hecklers. I'll never forget finally getting to level 170 and the new frost level I could enter asking where we were off too to level and was told - hecks. After TOTW it seemed to be all hecks all the time.  

News Comments > Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned
23. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 04:25 Lorcin

fawker wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 04:08:

Are you a suit? If they intended on to release this for the PC market they should of developed it properly, as they did for the PS3 and Xbox 360 platforms. Why should the PC be the red headed step child?

FFS No I'm not - and it's the red headed step child because they sell a lot more copies to kids on consoles rather than people with a pc which can actually run DX11.

21. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 04:03 Lorcin

Fantaz wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 02:11:
So by "our" and "we've", you are referring to the company you work for? You do not run the company Crytek but you may speak for them. You are getting paid to work on the patch, and even though your company is not getting funds specially for this patch/pack, I believe it would definitely increase sales of the PC version after it's this is released. The DX11 stuff will probably be marketed and advertised, and if it's better people will probably want it more, right?

Nah was quoting also in the style of the press release - I'm a chef

Gone back and edited it to clarify things.

13. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 22, 2011, 00:35 Lorcin

MajorD wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 21:47:
Crytek Press Release: Since we were able to release the console port of Crysis 2 running only in DirectX 9 to ensure it would be able to effectively run on consoles, and to meet the scheduled release date to appease our publisher and shareholders, only while looking onto the PC platform as a major afterthought, even though it is the PC platform that has gotten us to where we are today as a developer and a company, we are proud to release the ‘DirectX 11 Download Package’ for the PC platform three months after the release of the game.

Remember, when in doubt, ‘PRESS START TO BEGIN’.

Or to be a bit more forgiving.

Crytek Press Release: Even though our publisher insisted on a publication date and made consoles our primary priority we've still kept working on the PC version for 3 months even though we've not earned a penny for doing so.

There really are some ungrateful arseholes on this board.

This comment was edited on Jun 22, 2011, 04:04.

4. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 21, 2011, 21:37 Lorcin

lol must be getting old - I had to see what ram my graphics card.  

News Comments > LEGO Universe Going Free-to-Play
4. Re: LEGO Universe Going Free-to-Play Jun 21, 2011, 12:14 Lorcin

My kids kinda liked it - but it is very simplistic and lacking content. I spent 2 evenings on it so I'd be able to help him and had ran out of content. There is a lot of user made content - but the main stuff is lacking.  

News Comments > Betting on Duke Pays Off
21. Re: Betting on Duke Pays Off Jun 19, 2011, 08:37 Lorcin

starmonkey wrote on Jun 19, 2011, 00:11:
Lorcin wrote on Jun 18, 2011, 22:10:
My only problem with this story

I don't mean to sound argumentative, but just curious: what's your actual objection here? Live and let live, right? If he wants to pawn the stuff in 50 years, who cares?

No hoarding is bad - my father in law is a hoarder. His got 3 garden sheds, the loft and 2 spare bedroom PACKED with crap. A few years ago he decided he liked coloumbo and decided to record them ALL. He had 3 vcrs going at once at one point to record them all. He still has the tapes.

We have to clear all that crap when he goes and it will really hurt my wife.

This guy also needs to let go and stop hoarding so much.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2011, 22:30 Lorcin

I prescribe booze - it helps with all common types of stone. Emma, Joss and Flint are all far easier to live with after a large dose of alcymahol. I dare say Kidney will be too.  

News Comments > Portal 2 DLC for Razer Motion Controller
15. Re: Portal 2 DLC for Razer Motion Controller Jun 18, 2011, 22:16 Lorcin

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 18, 2011, 07:14:
Just follow this link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/901666/?cc=us

Wow cool thanks for the link - do you have one to stop me weeping uncontrollably after my elevated sense of importance as a PC gamer got raped by a Razor?

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 2011, 22:23.

News Comments > Betting on Duke Pays Off
17. Re: Betting on Duke Pays Off Jun 18, 2011, 22:10 Lorcin

My only problem with this story - if someone was sad enough to keep that receipt for all these years you know damn well even after playing this game his gonna keep all that crap they sent him and try and ebay it in about 50 more years.

I can imagine the "Grey's News" headline now listing the one of a kind video game antique merchandise.

News Comments > Valve F2P Plans?
5. Re: Valve F2P Plans? Jun 18, 2011, 20:52 Lorcin

Is this a mistranslation:

Q) What do you think of free to play games?
A) Wee - quite often actually poo.

News Comments > Portal 2 DLC for Razer Motion Controller
4. Re: Portal 2 DLC for Razer Motion Controller Jun 18, 2011, 04:38 Lorcin

"An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region"

No screenshots for me

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2011, 21:24 Lorcin

Christ I hate time zones - I sent my children to bed 5 hours ago  

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2011, 21:14 Lorcin

wtf_man wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 21:03:
I was poking fun (hence, the devil smiley) about the title of the headline "Gears Designer 'Would Die" if..."

Oh whatever - common policy on this board is to hate CliffyB - you try to say you weren't doing it because you posted a smiley after your post when the first post in this thread in the post didn't even have a smiley.

Just accept your wrong - cliffyb is like peter moleneux - he may be a twat but gaming would be worse without him.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: sum to zero Jun 17, 2011, 20:38 Lorcin

ohh pigs cheeks are not uncommon over here and are a realy delicacy. Same time I'm trying to bring American BBQ style dishes into the UK - Pulled Pork is coming together quite well.

Strangely enough - my local pig farm is owned by Kelly Brook. I know that seems strange but she went to the same schools my kids go to and her mum lives about a mile away. At the same time it's kinda disturbing to think they'll get the education as her - it's also kinda funny to think I'M filling my belly with HER meat.

For those not in the know:

My local pig farmer - Mostley SFW

She was the girl you actually liked in Piranha as well

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 2011, 21:17.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2011, 19:53 Lorcin

Oh and the guys hating on CliffyB? SHUT UP - seriously if you've NEVER enjoyed a single game on the Unreal engine then fine. Otherwise really shut up - no matter what you think of Epic's own games their engine is THE standard atm.

I'm currently enjoying Alice Madness Returns - it's not perfect but I love the art direction so much I want to keep playing to see what's next. And that's all produced on the Unreal engine. I may not like Gears of War much - and I'm truly cross when I see Kinect Adventures is powered by Unreal. But I'd rather most games were built on that then the god awful Gamebryo engine.

1006 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo