Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1046 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Leisure Suit Larry Revival
19. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 04:20 Lorcin

InBlack wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 03:47:
All we hear is....radio Lady Gaga

Having original Larry slip through time and end up in 2012 could kinda work - him in his eponymous Leisure Suit ending up in a nightclub full of Jersey Shore rejects listening to Lady Gaga - whilst still trying to work his old moves.

That said he pretty much is Howard Wallowitz from the first couple of seasons of Big Bang Theory so the script would take a lot of clever writing to work without a straight man for Larry to work off.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RAGE Patched
45. Re: RAGE Patched Oct 9, 2011, 20:20 Lorcin

I'll get slaughtered for this as per normal - but boot up fallout new vegas, then borderlands then rage. It IS pretty - it's not perfect technically and rather lacking in story (that said - it's still a million times better in the story departments than previous iD games)

Yet ultimately it makes fallout new vegas look like Deus Ex 1.

Seriously - instead of remembering what the competition looks like, run them up. Even with it's buggy first week release - it is seriously out appocolating them!

I still have hugely high hopes for iD tech 5 - because even in the public beta state they are currently shipping it looks better than the competition. Give them some tweaking and then release elder scrolls 6 on this engine (by a company who can make actual games) and I think Epic may be struggling to keep up.

I know there are a lot of decisions they made which fly in the face of a lot of PC gamers - but I also remember the huge amount of "I'll never use Steam - it's the spawn of the devil" posts which went around when HL2 required it. Beneath it's buggy autoconfig system and mass market roots is our first glimpse at the future.

Hopefully most people on here had Doom 3 at release, and there was a lot of shock at the fact most of our so called uber pcs couldn't cope. Now a game comes out which isn't based on UE3 (which is what 6 years old?) and suddenly people forget the game may be more advanced than the hardware we own.

I even saw somebody complaing the other day that dynamic lighting was missing. Funny thing is if you scale down your gfx to the point your machine can handle things - the dynamic lighting starts to come back.

Yes the auto-config is bugged - but I have a funny feeling very few machines have seen the best Rage (and iD tech 5) has to offer.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2011, 20:29.

News Comments > Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Red Dead Redemption
39. Re: Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Dead Red Redemption Oct 6, 2011, 09:22 Lorcin

I don't assume all non-English speakers will not buy the game - but I also don't assume all English speakers will.

Aside from that - I really don't care. I tried to rational some of the reasons they may have made making this decision but your clearly not interested in why - your just having a bit of a temper tantrum.

36. Re: Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Dead Red Redemption Oct 6, 2011, 07:24 Lorcin

InBlack wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 04:20:

And this is why we the customers suffer because of some BULLSHIT argument by a marketing "knowhow". Out of which fucking asshole did you pull out those numbers you cretin?

The films are all this new fangled thing called hyperlinks which you can click on and takes you to a new page.

And the Steam hardware survey is Here.

The Rockstar Q&A even says "whenever it is viable (technically, developmentally and business-wise)". Obviously it is technically and developmentally viable so they must have decided on a business level they wouldn't make a profit.

So climb out of your pram and pick up your toys - your not getting to play Cowboys and Indians.

BTW I rented it on PS3 over here - but hugely struggled with the whole Western setting.

30. Re: Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Dead Red Redemption Oct 6, 2011, 03:57 Lorcin

My guess is they did the market research and know Westerns don't do well outside of America. For instance when you look at the foreign figures for True Grit and Unforgiven then compare that to say Inception or Titanic and it's easy to see that Westerns do far better domestically than in foreign markets.

Combine that with the small market for people who don't own either console AND have a rig powerfull enough to run the game if it's anywhere near as demanding as GTA4 and a release would be pretty much pointless. Of course they could spend more time on the port and lower the system requirements - but that would just mean they'd need more sales to recoup the costs.

Latest Valve user survey shows 66% of user's PCs are set to English. When you take off the British, Australians and assorted others it's probably closer to 50% at best are US based.

So really their only big sales numbers would be coming from Americans who haven't or can't play it on a console - but have enough cash to buy a decent gaming rig.

Or in other words - it's a niche game on the PC and everybody would bitch about it being a console port anyway.

News Comments > Unlock RAGE Hi-Rez Textures
21. Re: Unlock RAGE Hi-Rez Textures Oct 5, 2011, 16:21 Lorcin

Yeah yeah ok - I was wrong, they messed up and I trusted em.

Same time I can't post this on the steam forum as my game doesn't unlock until Friday (unless of course I go through a VPN and trick steam into unlocking on US time )

Re this post:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2157211

I also was getting this pretty bad and I'm not sure but looking at the unlock guide for Hi-Rez textures I think I've stumbled on the answer. I used the config file found here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=25524360#post25524360

To reduce texture pop-in. Looking at the Geforce thread those cache settings are for cards with >1.5gb ram. Mine's only a gig - I've dropped the cache settings and have switched areas a couple of times without the glitching.

Will confirm in a few mins if it's actual sorted.

UPDATE: Seems better - I deleted my cache files and getting no glitching in wellspring or mutant bash. Still crashing everytime it loads a new area for the first time though

This comment was edited on Oct 5, 2011, 16:39.

News Comments > RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers
144. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 5, 2011, 03:12 Lorcin

Anyone noticed the desktop icon looks just like the Borderlands one but prettier?  

52. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 12:58 Lorcin

Verno wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 12:29:
The number of configuration options hasn't exactly dwindled so I find this whole thing to be a false dichotomy. We're not at a point where engines can configure themselves perfectly and even if they could that's still ignoring that users might not like their choices and have to tweak to take into account varying eye sight and preferences.

A lot of options have disappeared - especially at launch. Driver : san fran has a grand total of 5 options under video including resolution and whether it's full screen. As for people wanting to watch things the way they think it should look? I do understand it - but at the same time in every other form of media people don't have a choice. At the theatre you can't demand the understudy take over because you don't like the main actors voice. On TV you can't choice to unbleep swearing because your a grown up. Why do game designers have to cater for every choice under the sun when it's their baby!

37. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 12:26 Lorcin

Verno wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 12:18:
That's not really what is going on here though. Not every PC is created equal, you can't trust the engine to set itself up perfectly especially when it doesn't know user specific preferences. If people want a platform without configuration that sets itself up they will buy the game on a console. I'm all for streamlining configuration options for the casual owner but having an Advanced menu isn't exactly difficult.

Or maybe it's just obsolete nowadays - remember when we as gamers had to tailor autoexec.bat and config.sys to cram as much low memory as we could while still enabling the cd-rom and soundcard etc? That all stopped with the introduction of Windows 95. Now with graphic options getting fewer and fewer over the last few years we're obviously getting to the point where the systems CAN configure themselves correctly to provide what the game designers have decided is how they want the game to look.

And no I personally don't want to spend an hour or two tweaking settings, reading set up guides and running benchmarks (or worse playing the start 15 times with fraps running) to determine what is best - do it for me and let me play. But no I won't play an fps on a console either.

33. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 12:14 Lorcin

Halo wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 12:06:
Right because the amount of PC games with adjustable video settings is comparable to people wanting to regear a transmission.

Apparently so - if your complaining you can't change how the game is setting itself up. It seems a lot of PC gamers think they know the way their PC architecture, memory buses, background services and iD's own engine interact efficiently better than iD do.

27. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 11:57 Lorcin

born2expire wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 11:34:
Really John Carmack, no graphic options? simply inexcusable, this needs to be patched ASAP.

To be fair if iD's stance that the game is watching what resources your PC has and automatically adjusting the GFX settings to maintain 60fps then fair enough. You don't buy an automatic car then strip down the gear box to change it's gearing.

18. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 11:33 Lorcin

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 11:32:
If crap like Rage doesn't come to PC that'd be a good thing

/hugs

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 3, 2011, 19:28 Lorcin

Not quite sure on that guys sources - 36c was average about 4 years ago in the UK. Average now is 34e according to Bravissimo (like Victoria's Secret over here).

I demand a recount!

News Comments > PC Saints Row: The Third *Not* Delayed
16. Re: PC Saints Row: The Third *Not* Delayed Oct 1, 2011, 21:16 Lorcin

I kinda liked saint's row 2 - but I'm really reluctant to pay full price for number 3 at launch simply because I dislike purple.

I know that sounds stupid - but it really bugs me. I played SR2 as a very muscular GUY with the biggest boobs possible, hot pants, a beehive and the worst cockney accent since dick van dyke. Really enjoyed that insanity - but the purple logos wound me up. If they want a game where you can create a gang, style, look, new gender etc - why the hell can't we pick a colour.

News Comments > RAGE Steam Preloads Begin
26. Re: RAGE Steam Preloads Begin Oct 1, 2011, 10:20 Lorcin

El Pit wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 05:51:
Pirated Xbox360 and PS3 versions are already available! But since pirated console versions are no problem for the publishers or either do not exist in the publishers' alternate reality, I guess it is no big deal.

Except the PS3 version isn't playable because Sony actually went after the hackers and scared them off.

News Comments > RAGE Steam Preloads Begin
11. Re: RAGE Steam Preloads Begin Sep 30, 2011, 22:56 Lorcin

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 22:04:

Netflix streaming that is used more than our cable, dozens of other Steam games (installing new ones, old ones updating all the time), PSN downloads, internet radio, etc. I'm probably going to switch to business class, which would be the same speed but without the cap, and drop the TV service.

I'm convinced their "99% of customers" that don't come close to the cap figure is bullshit, or else qualified crookedly, because 250GB per month is nothing for a modern household with multiple people using several computers or internet-enabled devices for more than Facebook and email.

Your probably right - I'm on a so called "unlimited" mobile data plan - capped at 500mb per month. Last.FM would use that in 7.5 hours. So glad I checked before I used it at the gym - would only last a week.

News Comments > Dungeons The Dark Lord Demo
1. Re: Dungeons The Dark Lord Demo Sep 29, 2011, 18:38 Lorcin

Is this still a soulless Dungeon Keeper rip-off, or has it built it's own identity?  

News Comments > AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! Sequel Revealed
4. Re: AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! Sequel Revealed Sep 27, 2011, 23:10 Lorcin

Unzerpum wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 22:19:
It's easy. Five groupings of five letters each, with each grouping capitalizing an additional letter:

"Aaaaa" "AAaaa" "AAAaa" "AAAAa" "AAAAA"

What? No, I'm not OCD at all!
So is the sequel set in Wales?

Baaaa BBaaa BBBaa BBBBa BBBBB

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online: Rise of Isengard Rises
6. Re: The Lord of the Rings Online: Rise of Isengard Rises Sep 27, 2011, 22:37 Lorcin

Rattlehead wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 20:57:
This is the most disappointing "expansion" of any MMO I ever played. It's essentially a glorified quest pack with a $30 price tag. I wouldn't mind that essentially but my biggest gripe is they are killing end-game raiders like me until update 5 which isn't coming out till the end of the year. There are no new end game instances and that raid can only be played once a week.

They didn't scale any old instances, they just raised the level of already scalable instances, forcing players to grind the same 3 dailies for the stupid superior 4th marks for raid armor.

Even if you don't purchase the expansion you still get access to the new regions and epic quests, which makes me wonder why pay for this at all. The new level cap is nice but everything else just...blows.

This expansion made me quit the game. End game content is scarce enough, this eliminated all of it with a stupid once a week lair boss.

Really man? When an MMO goes free 2 play it really shouts "I FAILED". Now your complaining that the expansion to a failed mmo isn't worth the money - what did you expect, your $30 would make it compete with wow?

The minute a game goes f2p it's dead - and everybody playing beyond a few days checking it out will deny it.

PS Just to make this awkward - you'll try to extol the virtues of the game, whilst I'll link to subscriber figures, financial comparisons with games launched in the same window and the huge lack of community.

To be clear - if D&Do is lacking community, then LOTRO is trying to host a party in the desert.

News Comments > Kane & Lynch 3 Plans?
4. Re: Kane & Lynch 3 Plans? Sep 27, 2011, 21:23 Lorcin

Wow - so the market research says somebody wants another one?

Can people stop sleeping with their sisters please?

1046 Comments. 53 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo