Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1019 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2011, 22:28 Lorcin

Ignoring my mouse I guess I'm Black Beer. I can live with that.

Do have to wonder how many people on the internet will be named Nude Used Kleenex.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cancelled Avengers Game Footage
22. Re: Cancelled Avengers Game Footage Sep 18, 2011, 22:19 Lorcin

The Iron Man stuff looked too slow, hulk too weak - for instance the impact at 1:48 really needed something, anything, even a screen shake would have been good.

Couldn't care less about captain america. And the brief thor footage again just hugely lacking in power - it looked like he was running under water.

I know this was pre-alpha etc but it stunk of movie tie-in and 50% average review scores already and I think the general public are finally realising that for the most parts movie tie-ins aren't worth the money.

News Comments > Dead Island DLC Waits for Patches
3. Re: Dead Island DLC Waits for Patches Sep 15, 2011, 21:06 Lorcin

Following the epic trailer the game did creep me out for 10 minutes until I got outside - after that I uninstalled it. Damn glad I didn't pay for it - zombie fps means bad guys who move slow, are stupid and can't attack from range. Or in other words zombie fps < doom 1.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Details and Screenshots
1. Re: PlanetSide 2 Details and Screenshots Sep 14, 2011, 20:41 Lorcin

Is that chris griffin in the red shirt?  

News Comments > Same-Gender Relationships a Post-Launch Feature in The Old Republic
27. Re: Same-Gender Relationships a Post-Launch Feature in The Old Republic Sep 13, 2011, 20:21 Lorcin

entr0py wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 20:00:
As for gay options, they're pretty popular in Bioware games, and not just with gay people. Plus I imagine that little bit of validation might be a selling point for gay gamers who know how rare it is.

And could really help keep down the kid factor when Fox in the US and the Daily Mail over hear start screaming how wrong it all is.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 13, 2011, 20:17 Lorcin

Your wrong Blue - it leads to the opticians for your messed up weakened eye and the pharmacists for headache tablets.  

News Comments > Same-Gender Relationships a Post-Launch Feature in The Old Republic
15. Re: Same-Gender Relationships a Post-Launch Feature in The Old Republic Sep 13, 2011, 17:50 Lorcin

007Bistromath wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 16:06:
Wait, won't this get the game canned? Lucas is a homophobe who has long and staunchly maintained that homosexuality does not exist in his galaxy.

C3P0?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 8, 2011, 21:06 Lorcin

I tend to agree - we've got a 3d tv but aside from kids films and the odd game we very rarely watch it in 3d (UK have had a 3d channel all year). I'll occupationally watch the footy in 3d but tend to stick to the 2d version .

Until it is glasses free this really won't take off - btw out of 5 of us my wife and 2 youngest have no problem with the glasses, I don't like them but can make it too halftime (45mins) before needing a break. My 12 year old can't get on with them at all.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request
14. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 7, 2011, 22:22 Lorcin

Offtopic:

I just used the phrase "joypad" - but tbh I should have used "controller" because apparently "joy-anything" now also feels pretty well erm gay. So gay is gay, joy is rapidly becoming gay (no thanks really to the thrustmaster line of joysticks)- how long until all positive adjectives seem a bit homosexual?

News Comments > Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request
13. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 7, 2011, 22:16 Lorcin

Nope all good here - really enjoyed the first game. It was a light, brainless waste of time which was a million times more enjoyable than nearly anything on TV.

I don't need specific GFX options - can set them in my GPU control panel. Can't think of much else except another gaming equivalent of a Michael Bay film (not smart, not clever, not deep, not particularly engaging - but kinda fun, and even more fun with mates and beer).

Ohhhhhhh one little request which would be underused but still worth smacking M$ in the face for - how about native support for a PS3 joypad. I'd never use a joypad for a FPS but hey if your asking then yeah - could you bitch slap microsoft please?

News Comments > Game Reviews
14. Re: Game Reviews Sep 5, 2011, 22:26 Lorcin

I've tried to avoid the hype - but it does bug me that the DE:HR reviews on metacritic give it 89% across 3 platforms. One platform will ALWAYS be stronger and I'm hoping Dead Island is strongest on PC (I'll buy it when it hits 5 in a sale in about 18 months).  

News Comments > MDK 2 HD Next Month
24. Re: MDK 2 HD Next Month Aug 12, 2011, 22:36 Lorcin

mag wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 22:22:
No, no. That's DOS Full HD.

Omg that's kinda scary - at what point are games going to be remade into "Total 3d HD with large fries and a Coke".

I played one of the first ever FPS (Phantom Maze on the Dragon32/TSR80) and can honestly say - it doesn't keep up with new games. So why keep releasing relatively new games with a half-arsed GFX upgrade?

News Comments > Eidos Montreal: Deus Ex: Invisible War a "Cautionary Tale"
53. Re: Eidos Montreal: Deus Ex: Invisible War a Aug 12, 2011, 21:33 Lorcin

Icewind wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 19:29:
I remember every one of you Blues regulars spooging over Invisible War.

Actually whilst I did happily track down a post from icewind saying he didn't like IW back in 2007 - I'm not sure if spooging is a good or a bad thing. Honestly - I like sponge cake - but I'm none to keen on poo. So is spoog bad or good????

This comment was edited on Aug 12, 2011, 21:38.

22. Re: MDK 2 HD Next Month Aug 12, 2011, 21:17 Lorcin

Prez wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 20:54:
It's NOT "Murder Death Kill"!!! It's "Max, Doc, and Kurt"! Or at least that's what devs said when questioned about the violent title by the morality police!

I actually prefer "Max, Doc and Kurt" - that doesn't summon up imagines of the really annoying Demolition Man which I'll still put on if I come across it on the tv (I watched Universal Soldier as well the other night - it's not like I want to watch this crap; just preferable to going to bed).

21. Re: MDK 2 HD Next Month Aug 12, 2011, 21:13 Lorcin

Whilst I'll admit the characters are kinda HD - the environments look distinctly as if they are from a PS2.

I can run a command prompt at 1920x1080 - should m$ start calling that DOS HD?

20. Re: Best roast Turkey Aug 8, 2011, 21:01 Lorcin

US is crashing, London is burning. I'm gonna oil my chainsaw  

News Comments > Bethesda Sues Mojang Over Scrolls TM
48. Re: Bethesda Sues Mojang Over Scrolls TM Aug 6, 2011, 21:40 Lorcin

Dear Bethesda,

I swear if you manage to sue minecraft out of existence I'll buy not just your back catalogue but every game you ever make in the future.

Tia

Lorcin

News Comments > Rambo Game Plans
21. Re: Rambo Game Plans Aug 4, 2011, 22:26 Lorcin

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Aug 4, 2011, 21:49:
The Thing remake is from the producers of the DotD remake, not the director of the DotD remake.

Yeah it's actually directed by pretty much a nobody - and if they announced they were remaking bionic commando and to stay in touch with the franchise were only going to use 8 bit sprites would that be a good thing?

Edit: actual trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txjm94GnrPA

Btw could somebody please teach Mary Elizabeth Winstead to act??? after Die Hard 4 and Scott Pilgrim you'd think some hollywood casting director would notice she had the emotional range of a dog turd. Yet here she is again - annoying me just in the trailer.

PS there's no way this film will be good - the isolation and paranoia is killed by the fact it's a prequel. It would also need to outgore about 95% of films before it - whilst still managing a HUGE shock factor. "The Thing" truly was the cumulation of horror, suspense and thriller genres - now they're going to "re-envision" it with a girl who can't act and over the top CG? Pass.

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 2011, 22:40.

News Comments > WoW Drops More Subs
64. Re: WoW Drops More Subs Aug 4, 2011, 21:23 Lorcin

LK added enough new areas/content at high level to make people want to play the new areas multiple times (Storm peaks was so much fun to level through). Then it added a serious raid challenge - the only people who got kingslayer on their first attempt paid a lot of money to be carried through the fight.

So far cataclysm has forced people to sit through starter areas again and teased with raid content. Furthermore is it just me - or is WoW underwater NOT fun? I hated quests which forced me to dive in vanilla, TBC and WOTLK - now the start of the expansion is underwater? FU!

14. Re: no longer special Jul 29, 2011, 14:13 Lorcin

"Alcohol Withdrawal May Have Caused Amy Winehouse's Death."

Oh what a shame - I better go buy some beer then. Don't want to risk dying.

1019 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo