Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1030 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Notch Passes the Minecraft Torch
23. Re: Notch Passes the Minecraft Torch Dec 2, 2011, 19:30 Lorcin

Quick Jens, he gave you a torch, BURN IT WHILE YOU STILL CAN.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Trolling?
59. Re: Half-Life 3 Trolling? Dec 2, 2011, 19:18 Lorcin

Dear Dev,

Have you considered that

A) Gabe does/says random stuff to get interviews out of the way whilst still looking cool? The business strategy which took Steam from the add-on most people hated when HL2 was released to the almighty juggernaut which has almost killed PC games at retail wasn't cooked up by a load of people without job descriptions working on what they felt like.

B) NOBODY likes fan boys. Even fans don't like fan boys. I like Sony products for some reason - but I hate Sony fan boys. You being such a rabid fan boy just put's people off listening to you within a sentence or two.

From my point of view, I'm sure HL3 or HL2:EP3 will surface at some point. For now I just want an update on Black Mesa Source to tie me over.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham City for PC
44. Re: Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham City for PC Nov 23, 2011, 04:58 Lorcin

entr0py wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 21:34:
I'm just curious, how could any game look better in 3D than it does in in 2D? It seems like it would have half the brightness, half the effective refresh rate (per eye), and much lower performance since the scene is being rendered from two perspectives. But it sounds like it must work better than I'm imagining.

Mainly because the environment textures (especially inside) are messy and almost grainy on the ps3. The glasses seem to work because the darkness smooths everything (like a poor man's AF)

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham City for PC
30. Re: Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham City for PC Nov 22, 2011, 20:52 Lorcin

Too late for me - rented it, finished it and so did my 9 year old son within the 5 days after school. I had a preorder in for this - but cancelled it when the date kept shifting. I'll get it in the steam sale next year to see some bits I missed but aside from that....

*edit* got to add a big reason for renting was the fact I have a 3d TV. My PC is hooked to the TV but unfortunately ATI are still living in the dark ages and won't pump out stereoscopic.

That said 3d added nothing to the gameplay - but the graphics did seem better (maybe being too dark is a good thing on console).

News Comments > Capcom, Free Burnout Paradise (U.K.) Join Origin
10. Re: Capcom, Free Burnout Paradise (U.K.) Join Origin Nov 16, 2011, 11:52 Lorcin

Found it:

How to get it

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2011, 12:04.

News Comments > Vivendi Sells Activision Stock
1. Re: Vivendi Sells Activision Stock Nov 15, 2011, 21:42 Lorcin

Oh come on - the activision stock may be questionable. But selling Blizzard stock is just damn stupid.  

News Comments > PC Batman: Arkham City This Month
17. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 18:55 Lorcin

Seem's I'm fated not to play this one. After reading this earlier I went down and rented it for the PS3 - which got YLOD after 90 mins of gameplay and won't even boot up.  

News Comments > More Fallout Online Legal News
17. Re: More Fallout Online Legal News Nov 8, 2011, 08:26 Lorcin

In related news it looks like they are trying to generate some cash to pay the lawyers - check the "On Sale" section.

News Comments > Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon Coming to PC
6. Re: Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon Coming to PC Nov 7, 2011, 19:10 Lorcin

Verno wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 15:29:
Practically any game is fun with a mate and a few beers. Saying all PC gamers hate action games is like saying all console gamers are halo bros or something. The genre hasn't been historically represented well on the PC mainly due to being developed with console controls in mind but that has turned around quite a bit in recent years due to the 360 controller standardization.

It's not quite the same though - although my PC is linked up to the TV that's pretty much only for movies. I haven't forked out for wireless xbox controllers so I can use it from the sofa simply because there's so infrequently co-op splitscreen games on it. PC gaming for me has always been big comfy office chair, decent noise cancelling headset and my own little world.

News Comments > Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon Coming to PC
1. Re: Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon Coming to PC Nov 7, 2011, 15:17 Lorcin

Oh dear - this game is way to much mindless fun for the pc crowd. Any game which is best played with a mate after a few beers gets ported onto the PC and it will die under an avalanche of hate.

Still I'd buy it if I didn't have it on the PS3.

News Comments > LEGO Universe to Close
9. Re: LEGO Universe to Close Nov 5, 2011, 03:43 Lorcin

Blackhawk wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 02:07:
Lego Universe is targeted at kids the same age as my own. The very same kids who play Roblox, with 100 times the content, for free. My kids tried LU. It never drew them in - there was far to little freedom and actual building, and far to much running in circles hitting enemies. They played for two or three days, then went right back to Roblox.

Totally agree - got it for my son last christmas. I made an account too so I could help him when he got stuck. After 3 evenings of very little play I'd maxxed my character! No content at all - shame because it was quite a nice game.

News Comments > Saints Row: The Third PC Features and Specs
2. Re: Nov 1, 2011, 20:57 Lorcin

Wow those features really convince me this ain't a console port. Proper features I'd want is a 2 second delay switching from normal gameplay (360 pad) to fixed gun (mouse).

Oh and as PCs are now apparently 10x better than the consoles I fully expect 10x better graphics!

Further Oh - I don't like purple. Really. Might just as well makes the series signature colour pink for me - I'm seriously put off by purple. Orange, red, blue are all fine. But purple????? Makes me wait for a sale.

This comment was edited on Nov 1, 2011, 21:06.

News Comments > Origin Adds Publishers
6. Re: Origin Adds Publishers Oct 27, 2011, 22:46 Lorcin

DangerDog wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 22:07:
Competition is good, people bitched and moaned about Steam when Valve pushed it on everyone with Half Life 2 - and it had it's share of problems.

One thing is for sure, retail is DEAD.

Totally agree on retail - I'm really surprised I have a physical copy of Arkham City preordered - Bioshock was the last game I have an actual disc for I think.

I would have got Arkham City from Steam - except here in the UK publishers are being told if a game is on steam then physical shops won't stock it. So for some reason (can't guess what) Arkham City isn't available in my region on steam....Even it's trailer is geo-locked.

Still Amazon charged me 25 for AC - to get it on my highstreet is at least 30. The retail situation is so messed it's getting in synch with bookshops.

Bookshops you say? Anecdote says I. Last week my wife and I were in a rather large chain of bookshops when she found a book she really wanted. Being the nit picking git I am I scanned the books barcode and found it at 11 instead of 20 on the bookshops website. Furnishing my wife with my phone she went to counter and asked if they would match their own online price. She was told NO - "the prices on the website are cheaper because you don't get the experience of being sold the book by a person".

No lie - that's what they said.

So it seems retail isn't dead - it's undead and trying to eat digital distributions heart.

PS lied - I have the disks for all the WoW expansions. Why???? it's an online game - why do I need a disc?

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Trailer
14. Re: Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Trailer Oct 27, 2011, 20:57 Lorcin

Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 15:51:
I simply cannot get into playing a chick

I'd agree if it was 1st person - as it is 3rd I'd rather stare at a woman's arse than a man's one any day.

News Comments > Garriott's NCsoft Award Upheld
26. Re: Garriott's NCsoft Award Upheld Oct 26, 2011, 20:13 Lorcin

This is yet another US court madness. By the letter of the law it's right - but really if you apply an ounce of common sense then the work he produced for NCSoft wasn't worth 32m.

As for the guy claiming 32m is "modest luxury" - are you fucking insane? If you can only live in modest luxury on that kind of money I can only suggest you leave off the cocaine.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Next Week
62. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Next Week Oct 25, 2011, 22:35 Lorcin

Halo wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 17:50:
To me, the look and design of the V just screams Vegas. As well as the font of the word Five, also seems redundant to spell out the word Five on the Romanumeral, so maybe the V is for Vegas.

Do I get points if I'm right?

I really hope your wrong but looking at the word five on THIS the font for five does look an awful look like the word on the bill.

We can discount London - the E is wrong for OURS

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
10. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 18, 2011, 20:23 Lorcin

Yosemite Sam wrote on Oct 18, 2011, 18:13:
Well probably too late for most, but I just picked up a copy of Arkham City @Walmart for the PS3 and it comes with the Greatest Hits GOTY edition of Arkham Asylum. Most people probably already have it already but, if you traded your old one in, or didnt get the first one thats a pretty good deal... not positive but I think the GOTY edition comes with the extra DLC so you would at least get that in the deal.

Nah sorry - I got my 9 year old into Arkham Asylum, he showed it to his mate who then nagged his dad into getting it for the PS3. Our eyes bled.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2011, 21:11.

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
2. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 18, 2011, 17:59 Lorcin

I wholeheartedly concur!!! Pre-ordered mine on Saturday from Amazon but our high street is covered in ads for the console version.

News Comments > Christina Hendricks in Need for Speed: The Run
4. Re: Christina Hendricks in Need for Speed: The Run Oct 17, 2011, 13:31 Lorcin

Oh I dunno "Faster, Faster, That's it....."

Etc etc

News Comments > Syndicate Gameplay Trailer
34. Re: Syndicate Gameplay Trailer Oct 13, 2011, 19:36 Lorcin

DG wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 18:04:
Still not Syndicate. If it's not isometric, an Executive controlling his minions via satellite link, it's not Syndicate.

Did you see Dungeons the (albeit unoffical) remake of another Bullfrog classic?

It didn't work - it had lost all the character, all the joy and looked very dated. No direct remake would work these days - give the Starbreeze guys a break, they HAD to completely remodel the gameplay.

Syndicate is 18 years old now - and it's current genre would be a squad based action/shooter ie Raindow Six, Brothers In Arms erm (I'm struggling here). Not huge sellers, nice games etc but never a topline franchise. Got to say I've never played them - if I was going to play one I guess I'd prefer a cyberpunk version but I can completely see EA going down the easy money FPS genre instead of the harder to market squads.

Oh and is there any reason why stuff like the original Syndicate couldn't be remade and released as a facebook game or cheap app? Ohhhh can see a really twisted Facebook version - imagine normal syndicate game play - but the civilians are all from your friends list!

As for the agents having personalities once they decided to ditch the Executive mysteriously floating above the city there was no choice but to give the agents personality.

1030 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo