Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1007 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jan 6, 2012, 20:28 Lorcin

No point in that petition - most of the pc gamers would just slag off the port and the graphics.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bethesda & Interplay Settle Fallout Lawsuit?
12. Re: Bethesda & Interplay Settle Fallout Lawsuit? Jan 3, 2012, 20:19 Lorcin

^Drag0n^ wrote on Jan 3, 2012, 20:03:

Agree.

And when Bethesda makes games bigger than some states in the Union, well, who really shives a goat about it being MMO?

Seriously, WoW aside, MMO's have about the lifetime of a swamp gnat.

^D^

I care! There isn't a proper post apocalyptic mmo out there worth playing. There's been attempts Neocron was good in it's day but didn't age well, Anarchy Online was always a reskinned Everquest clone and the sci-fi elements always felt tagged on - especially once the Shadowlands expansion came out, after that we're talking Fallen Earth, Global Agenda, Hellgate London etc etc

I would love a truly gritty AAA production post-apocalyptic MMO - hell I live in England. It would be nice if the online world made this place look nice.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up
50. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up Jan 3, 2012, 17:20 Lorcin

Endo wrote on Jan 3, 2012, 17:04:
So he may have simply logged off, may have been suspended, or may have been deleted. No way to know.

Fair enough - I'll keep checking for him then. Would be interesting to know.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up
37. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up Jan 3, 2012, 15:19 Lorcin

I saw somebody disappear from the game within 5 minutes of him starting to work around the profanity filter and throwing around racist rants in the general channel of Imperial Fleet.

I thought it was weird he'd gone suddenly quite because he started strong (not just f words, c words and anti-semitic comments) so tried to add him to ignore and the game said he didn't exist.

Impressive response time as it was about 3pm on a European server.

News Comments > Enhanced Skyrim UI
32. Re: Enhanced Skyrim UI Dec 18, 2011, 21:53 Lorcin

UI wasn't that much of a problem for me - I just got bored of the repitition. I really love the game - but need a break from pickup quest, kill everything in dungeon, loot thing with big pointer on, hand in quest.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever DLC Next Week
21. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Next Week Dec 10, 2011, 03:47 Lorcin

nin wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 03:11:

Is that C3P0 vs the evil turd monster?

Can't be - even in 1977 they could make arms slightly rounded.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer; Launch Events
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer; Launch Events Dec 10, 2011, 00:39 Lorcin

Checked this on Origin earlier today - not a chance at the price they are charging for the initial package. We all know it'll be <20 in 6 months time and the endgame content will only just start being worth a subscription. They should have focussed on a free client with monthly subscription - the high client cost indicates a near total lack of content. They don't expect people to subscribe for long.  

News Comments > Battle.net Balance Coming
8. Re: Battle.net Balance Coming Dec 10, 2011, 00:27 Lorcin

Dear Blizzard

We, the pc gamers, as a whole may be dumb enough to pay roughly 100m per month for World of Warcraft. But we all look at the phrase Battle.Net Balance and laugh derisively at you. Crap like this doesn't keep you as industry leaders - it makes us view you akin to dodgy politicians and insurance salesmen.

Sack you pr department and marketing focus group.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever DLC Next Week
15. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Next Week Dec 10, 2011, 00:16 Lorcin

Oh come on - it was kinda stupid fun for the few hours it took to complete it. Unfortunately as it took them more than one year to produce every hour of game I'd have to guess this DLC has a playtime of ~15mins so I won't be buying it.  

News Comments > New Epic IP Reveal Saturday
4. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 5, 2011, 22:19 Lorcin

honestly I just want a proper Unreal 2 even after all this time. Just that intro circling the castle blew my mind back then.  

News Comments > A Game of Thrones RPG = 30 Hours
33. Re: A Game of Thrones RPG = 30 Hours Dec 5, 2011, 20:42 Lorcin

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 5, 2011, 20:30:
Some already have over 500 hours since Dungeon Defenders was released. Could get it at 75% off (<$5), beat that! All games must live up to that ratio of value.

I'm not entirely sure but I think most of us are discussing sane people without serious OCDs.

31. Re: A Game of Thrones RPG = 30 Hours Dec 5, 2011, 20:06 Lorcin

shponglefan wrote on Dec 5, 2011, 19:37:
Complaining about game length seems silly to me. I'd much rather have a tight, well-paced game @ 20 hours than a drawn-out, grindy affair @ 60 hours.

Actually why are we even talking about this - even at 30 hours that's 4 times the length of an average action game. Forget it's too long, and especially forget it's too short. It's a fair chunk of game which you can't go and rent on a console and take back the next day.

28. Re: A Game of Thrones RPG = 30 Hours Dec 5, 2011, 18:31 Lorcin

I never understood why Raymond E Feist doesn't get more coverage - I know the books have been going very nearly 30 years and consist of 29 books but they are broken into normally 3 book sagas which would be perfect for a TV adaptation.

There were a couple of games a few years ago but like lotro and game of thrones these series don't actually lend themselves to games too well. Look at Skyrim - you make allowances for the plot the whole time (questions on dialouge tree which you have no idea where they came from ie "What's up with that orc?" what bloody orc I'm thinking). There's no real character interactions with other other people consistently - this is very much a single player quest with a few replaceable companions. Skyrim would make a lousy book as it stands, and any fantasy fiction saga would make a lousy game.

11. Re: A Game of Thrones RPG = 30 Hours Dec 5, 2011, 12:19 Lorcin

Techie714 wrote on Dec 5, 2011, 10:59:
I would like to read this series but man those books are HUGE. Like reading multiple copies of War & Peace..lol. I'm about half way through "American Gods" right now & I'm enjoying it. I've heard HBO is doing a series on that book too?

Their really not that big - or good. I read the first one earlier in the year but left it with a strong suspicion that Martin didn't know exactly where his story was going. The plot felt more like a brainstorming session then a carefully laid out plan. Checking wiki that certainly seems to be the case with each subsequent book being further and further delayed while he tries to keep all the plot threads under control.

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Trolling?
69. Re: Half-Life 3 Trolling? Dec 2, 2011, 21:20 Lorcin

Dev wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 20:34:
568 meaningless words

K subject is trolling - this guy just wrote 568 words because I trolled him after reading one post of his, just one, no more than one, ONE post. BTW that's less than two. and lot a less than three.

Surely I must win troll of the night award for this one. I bet you he's hitting f5 atm waiting to start round 2.

News Comments > Steam Hardware Survey
6. Re: Steam Hardware Survey Dec 2, 2011, 21:13 Lorcin

That's weird - even though I'm halfway through the finance on my pc it's still cutting edge according to that survey. Some people do play on piles of shite.  

61. Re: Half-Life 3 Trolling? Dec 2, 2011, 20:01 Lorcin

MajorD wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 19:55:
And we will all rejoice and feast on english muffin pizzas!

Wtf is a muffin pizza - I've never heard of one but I'm intrigued. I can make muffins, and I can make pizzas. You've actually really tempted me to make one BIG arse muffin, slice it in half then grill it like a pizza. Challenge accepted.

News Comments > Notch Passes the Minecraft Torch
23. Re: Notch Passes the Minecraft Torch Dec 2, 2011, 19:30 Lorcin

Quick Jens, he gave you a torch, BURN IT WHILE YOU STILL CAN.  

59. Re: Half-Life 3 Trolling? Dec 2, 2011, 19:18 Lorcin

Dear Dev,

Have you considered that

A) Gabe does/says random stuff to get interviews out of the way whilst still looking cool? The business strategy which took Steam from the add-on most people hated when HL2 was released to the almighty juggernaut which has almost killed PC games at retail wasn't cooked up by a load of people without job descriptions working on what they felt like.

B) NOBODY likes fan boys. Even fans don't like fan boys. I like Sony products for some reason - but I hate Sony fan boys. You being such a rabid fan boy just put's people off listening to you within a sentence or two.

From my point of view, I'm sure HL3 or HL2:EP3 will surface at some point. For now I just want an update on Black Mesa Source to tie me over.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham City for PC
44. Re: Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham City for PC Nov 23, 2011, 04:58 Lorcin

entr0py wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 21:34:
I'm just curious, how could any game look better in 3D than it does in in 2D? It seems like it would have half the brightness, half the effective refresh rate (per eye), and much lower performance since the scene is being rendered from two perspectives. But it sounds like it must work better than I'm imagining.

Mainly because the environment textures (especially inside) are messy and almost grainy on the ps3. The glasses seem to work because the darkness smooths everything (like a poor man's AF)

1007 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo