Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1046 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May
8. Re: PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May Feb 25, 2012, 07:19 Lorcin

I wonder if M$ is paying to get them to release on the 360 at the same time as PS3. Quick check on one tracker shows 360 piracy levels are 54% of the PC levels.

But that's still more than the 0 people who have managed to pirate this on a ps3.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands 2 in September
32. Re: Borderlands 2 in September Feb 22, 2012, 20:30 Lorcin

Dev wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 20:24:
Yeah, no. That may be what they SAY they are using smaller FOV for, but thats not actually WHY they are doing it. They are doing it because they need the performance boost on obsolete consoles.

Why can they widen it at so much as the touch of a sprint button then?

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
1. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Feb 22, 2012, 20:18 Lorcin

Steam client update on Steam.

Instead of being where exactly??????

News Comments > EVE Online Plans Outlined
1. Re: EVE Online Plans Outlined Feb 22, 2012, 20:17 Lorcin

Are they going to do away with the traditional menus and instead put some weird context sensitive ribbon across the top of excel Eve?  

30. Re: Borderlands 2 in September Feb 22, 2012, 20:14 Lorcin

Dev wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 16:49:
Or how about making them OPTIONS that are like OPTIONAL so people who prefer consolized ports can enjoy it and others who prefer a larger FOV and don't have gamepad but instead would prefer GUI mouse/keyboard shortcuts can use them. That way both types of players could enjoy it

I wouldn't bitch about optional hot key's on menus - but the game pauses to use the menu anyway so being mouse only just saved me from learning the hotkeys. As for the fixed FOV - it's a cheap trick used to heighten the sense of danger and panic and it's used by nearly every developer. Ultimately it's a trade off - the narrower the FOV the higher the tension and therefore excitement but at the same time the immersion is lessoned. Gearbox obviously want Borderlands (2) to be an in your face game so have made the FOV narrow.

End of the day - if you don't like the FOV don't buy the game. Bitching on forums ain't going to make developers change it and getting angry over such pointless things can't be good for your health.

9. Re: Borderlands 2 in September Feb 22, 2012, 12:04 Lorcin

Creston wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 11:34:
I guess that trailer is meant to appeal to twelve year olds with ADD

I'm 38 next month and looking forward to some late night drunken co-op on the sofa. Looks like more mindless fun and the evolution of things like Loaded from the PS1 era.

News Comments > WoW Iron Man Challenge
6. Re: WoW Iron Man Challenge Feb 11, 2012, 18:56 Lorcin

This really smacks of the south park episode where they hit cap by killing stupid amount of boars.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 5, 2012, 19:04 Lorcin

I appear to have wondered into a parallel universe - one where Space Marine tops any kind of sales chart. I shall call it the facepalm universe and hope to get home soon.  

News Comments > EA Financials
24. Re: EA Financials Feb 2, 2012, 06:58 Lorcin

Wow their Wii revenue is horrible. I wasn't actually sure what GAAP was so in case anybody else is wondering:

In demonology, Gaap is a mighty Prince and Great President of Hell, commanding sixty-six legions of demons.

I guess as they list their profit's as Non-GAAP his 66 legions must be big EA fans - I wonder what the profits would be like including sales to the underworld.

News Comments > EA Financials
21. Re: EA Financials Feb 2, 2012, 05:02 Lorcin

Sorry but loving the fact that the actual football game has sold twice as many copies as the rugby for girls game. Can we have our name back please?  

News Comments > etc.
109. Re: etc. Jan 30, 2012, 04:45 Lorcin

Come on guys are you forgetting the first rule of the internet "DO NOT FEED THE TROLL".

It's just a pity there's not a check box on here to show poster corruption - somebody is at level 5 dark side.

News Comments > etc.
41. Re: etc. Jan 29, 2012, 06:06 Lorcin

RailWizard wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 05:42:
If you can't see the similarity, well that's too bad. Not explaining this one.

Gays are bad and all surrogate mothers are prostitutes - is that really what your trying to say? Are you sure your not religious, the last time I heard anybody spout this much rubbish it was a man in a dress.

News Comments > etc.
31. Re: they are all over the place Jan 29, 2012, 03:13 Lorcin

How the hell did I flip flop - I said anyone wanting relationships with npcs is stupid. You took that too mean I'm against all forms of marriage in games.

You misunderstanding something then having to have it painstakingly explained doesn't make me a flip flopper.

EDIT: Oh and people think your religious because your coming across as very stupid and narrow minded. Traits normally associated with churchy types.

News Comments > etc.
29. Re: they are all over the place Jan 29, 2012, 02:54 Lorcin

RailWizard wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 02:40:

I agree marriage of any kind shouldn't be in games.

Oh please don't agree with me - I'm definitely not on your side. People want to get virtually married to other people they've met in game - why the hell not, it's not like marriage means anything in the real world these days anyway. Lord Satan knows as I've been married 13 years in RL we're WAY longer than the average length - but it's not the marriage certificate keeping us together, that's just a piece of paper we picked up so our kids wouldn't be bastards

My problem is these people who seem to think it's important their avatar can do the cyber nasty with a scripted NPC - it's no different to getting attached to a particular whore in GTA.

News Comments > etc.
22. Re: they are all over the place Jan 29, 2012, 00:41 Lorcin

Great big fuss about nothing - if your that bloody lonely having any kind of relationship with an NPC is important to you whilst your playing a game full of real people then your life is messed up.

That goes for people wanting to romance straight or gay companions - try just going to fleet and finding actual people to interact with.

Bit off topic but damn funny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JToIHroU-WY&feature=youtu.be

News Comments > THQ Refocuses - Open Letter
29. Re: THQ Refocuses - Open Letter Jan 25, 2012, 13:25 Lorcin

This letter must be a prank - relaunching uDraw after 9 months was a stroke of marketing genius. It made both my girls, all their friends and every other girl in the western hemisphere want a Wii and a uDraw for Christmas.

Or was that just a weird dream I had once?

News Comments > Ads in Titan?
31. Re: Ads in Titan? Jan 24, 2012, 06:44 Lorcin

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 23, 2012, 22:25:
Say for example if Titan was (just for shits and giggles) a futuristic game with a Deus Ex Human Revolution feel, or Blade Runner feel, then yeah I could see advertisements working, IF they are done to enhance the feel of the game.

I hope this is right, the ad's in Blade Runner felt fine. It just depends how in your face and appropriate the ads are if their in the context of a city environment. The in game ads I remember were the ones that Anacrhy Online put in - and that's only because have billboards for "Motley Crue" all every city was just ridiculous.

Still if it is a city then a collection of non-time specific ads would fit. Futuristic coke advert - fine. Advert for this week's Glee - not so fine.

In fact if it is a futuristic city style environment then a complete lack of ads would be disconcerting - and they may as well sell ad space then have to actively make fake ads.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 22, 2012, 17:00 Lorcin

RE: PC Sales drop. Why do most people need to upgrade? obviously we do quite often but 3 years ago I gave up trying to keep my father-in-laws running any longer and we bought him a new one. It was the cheapest in the shop but it still does every thing he wants it too (as long as we rebuild it every 5 months or so to get rid of all the rubbish his put on there).

In a way he could even be classed as a gamer - he played Toontown for a good 3 or so years and spends 5 or 6 hours per day on Cafe World and the like. Yet his aging cheap computer can still do what he wants.

Even M$ have been advertising really hard over here trying to persuade people that 3 year old computers need upgrading but it's obvious too most people all they'll get is a flashy new desktop and a headache trying to transfer their data.

PCs are fast enough for everybody but gamers so to see sales decline is no great surprise.

News Comments > The Old Republic Ilum PvP Follow-up
65. Re: The Old Republic Ilum PvP Follow-up Jan 22, 2012, 16:43 Lorcin

I don't think every game NEEDS a 7-10 year dev cycle to be good. But I do think most games are probably up to 4 years already from inception to completion (aside from obviously the yearly sports game updates and the expanded sequels - Batman, Ass Creed, every FPS etc, etc).

I do still stand by the fact that if MMO income can provide the developers the freedom to use 7-10 years to make a deep game that's shipped in a good condition then they aren't that bad for gaming overall. In fact if I did work for a game company I'd much rather work for one who had a nice healthy bank balance so they could afford a "when it's done" mentality instead of the constant pressure of deadlines.

Then again it doesn't have to be MMOs - Steam allows Valve have long dev cycles after all. But any method the core PC developers use to mean they are not reliant on back catalogue sales is fine by me.

I also do hope Bethesda manage to get some kind of easy income flowing too - they can produce some really nice stuff but it's rushed out of the door. If that means a Fallout MMO then I'll be happy but not surprised - I'm guessing they've been working on it for years, I'd expect an announcement very soon and a launch window to come just before the launch of the WOW Kung Fu panda expansion (when subscribers are at their most bored and worried about the upcoming changes). And yes the exact timing of the settlement does make me wonder if they had planned to slap the Rage name on it rather then pay Interplay a penny until Rage failed to set the world alight.

News Comments > The Old Republic Ilum PvP Follow-up
61. Re: The Old Republic Ilum PvP Follow-up Jan 22, 2012, 13:20 Lorcin

Name one studio which consistently produces good quality games which aren't completely bug ridden when shipped and does it on a 2 or 3 year cycle?

Yes the Madden bit was over the top - but this whole argument began with Prez trolling an MMO thread anyway

Ohh Rocksteady I guess but they've only released two games (with recycled assets) - looked for Rockstar as well but GTA IV has also been out 4 years.

*Edit Oh and I'm no blizzard fanboy - think I've had Wow subscribed for a total of 7 months but bought it in vanilla. Never played any of their others much as I don't like RTS and think Diablo is stupid.

1046 Comments. 53 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo