Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1020 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Leaked
71. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 17:19 Lorcin

Crack was released ~1 hour ago so can everyone shut up about the PC version not being playable now please. Oh and contrary to the comments on here the PS3 version although leaked is not playable by any means.

Oh and before anyone asks no I have no idea where the crack is - I've got my save from ME2 on my PS3 I want to continue when my copy arrives.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > U.K. Charts
3. Re: U.K. Charts Mar 5, 2012, 14:30 Lorcin

shudder Mario Party shudder. I've got both my girls off with chicken pox atm, the thirteen year old is watching Heroes on netflix, curled up on the sofa with headphones in.

However, the eleven year old has been playing pokepark and repeatedly getting me to play Mario Party - it's been 4 days now and I swear if a door to door plumber turns up at my house I'm likely to murder him.

News Comments > New Haptic Controller Prototype
1. Re: New Haptic Controller Prototype Mar 5, 2012, 14:25 Lorcin

"delivers directional cues to the player by stretching the skin of the thumb tips in different directions."

Just sounds scary but the video is just a bit naff - the joystick moves by itself and you follow it. Better prepare for a deluge of QTE where you have to do the opposite to whatever the stick does.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Mar 3, 2012, 20:58 Lorcin

I don't think you can start blocking mobile coverage anywhere tbh - I've got kids and whilst I'll always silence my phone there's no way I'm turning it off at the cinema. If a call comes in and I know it's urgent I'll walk outside and take it - blocking me from having that option would stop me going to the cinema completely.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2012, 20:08 Lorcin

Gregorian Little Endian, starting with Day
This sequence is common to the vast majority of the world's countries. This date format originates from the custom of writing the date as 'the 8th day of November in the year of our Lord 2003' in western religious and legal documents, which at one time were the majority of documents created. The format has shortened over time but the order of the elements has remained constant.

Ain't just us backwards Euro's Blue - you and Canada are pretty much alone with your weird M/D/Y thing.

News Comments > Steam Hardware Plans?
58. Re: Steam Hardware Plans? Mar 3, 2012, 20:03 Lorcin

You lot forget to take your ritalin tonight or something? Chill out for gods sake - nothings confirmed atm yet your all getting worked up just on speculation.

Why don't you wait and see A) if Valve are really doing hardware and B) what the specs/price/unique features are.

Then if you don't like them by all means start sounding off but until then STFU.

News Comments > DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied
20. Re: DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied Feb 29, 2012, 02:20 Lorcin

Well the wall on the right of this shot certainly looks like something you'd expect from Rage:

http://i.minus.com/io6vOZqMZRqh4.jpg

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans
47. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans Feb 27, 2012, 02:16 Lorcin

Creston wrote on Feb 26, 2012, 23:51:
On topic : Has anyone played through several of the classes' storylines? Are they different enough to warrant playing through them, or are even those just variations of "go here and kill X of Y?"

Creston

There's a Class plot line per planet but that is maybe 5 missions which is specfic to the class. The other missions you pick up on each planet are the same as the other classes.

In general the objectives are prettied up instead of just kill X of Y and I can't think of a single one where I had to collect something like Zebra hoofs only to find that most of the Zebra's didn't have a single hoof, let alone 4.

The only really grindy sections are the bonus objectives (you get them if say your told to get infected by a rakghoul and on killing one it will ask you to kill another 40 of them). But the bonuses are very optional - I've always done them, but I've always levelled quicker than the suggested range for the planet I'm on.

30. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans Feb 26, 2012, 17:39 Lorcin

Just a thought - they should change "Quit Game" to "Exit Game". Quit game is getting too tempting.  

11. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans Feb 26, 2012, 12:25 Lorcin

Pigeon wrote on Feb 26, 2012, 12:19:
Is there no end-game content? No end dungeons, raids, large group quests and/or tedious grinding quests to continue the story?

There's hard modes of all the previous dungeons and two raids both with 5 bosses and 3 difficulties. You can walk straight from levelling into the normal level raids even in greens and do fine - we're doing hard mode atm so not sure how hard nightmare is.

And as other people have said server populations are pretty woeful a lot of the time. I stopped playing my first 50 because his server pop was always low (think 30 people max in fleet even at peak times). The new server is better but still feels like a ghost town most of the time.

5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans Feb 26, 2012, 11:35 Lorcin

WTB PVE content - NOW! I'm halfway through all the currently available raid content and my character is geared in a lot of the best gear in the game.

I really can't be bothered to level a 3rd 50 and am getting pretty bored - the content which is there is really pretty simple.

News Comments > Syndicate Solicits Pirates
45. Re: Syndicate Solicits Pirates Feb 25, 2012, 12:18 Lorcin

How does requiring it differ from Valve saying even boxed HL2 copies required Steam. People just complain for the sake of complaining and because this is EA's one.

News Comments > Syndicate Solicits Pirates
40. Re: Syndicate Solicits Pirates Feb 25, 2012, 09:38 Lorcin

oh ffs here we go again on Origin. Anybody remember threads like this:

Steam bashing after HL2 was released - can't find the thread from when they announced HL2 would require it

News Comments > PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May
10. Re: PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May Feb 25, 2012, 09:19 Lorcin

Ah that explains it then - I'd be surprised if they manage to hold onto that policy if they fail at copy protection on the next console too. And lets face it M$ are kinda well known for security holes.  

News Comments > PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May
8. Re: PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May Feb 25, 2012, 07:19 Lorcin

I wonder if M$ is paying to get them to release on the 360 at the same time as PS3. Quick check on one tracker shows 360 piracy levels are 54% of the PC levels.

But that's still more than the 0 people who have managed to pirate this on a ps3.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 in September
32. Re: Borderlands 2 in September Feb 22, 2012, 20:30 Lorcin

Dev wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 20:24:
Yeah, no. That may be what they SAY they are using smaller FOV for, but thats not actually WHY they are doing it. They are doing it because they need the performance boost on obsolete consoles.

Why can they widen it at so much as the touch of a sprint button then?

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
1. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Feb 22, 2012, 20:18 Lorcin

Steam client update on Steam.

Instead of being where exactly??????

News Comments > EVE Online Plans Outlined
1. Re: EVE Online Plans Outlined Feb 22, 2012, 20:17 Lorcin

Are they going to do away with the traditional menus and instead put some weird context sensitive ribbon across the top of excel Eve?  

30. Re: Borderlands 2 in September Feb 22, 2012, 20:14 Lorcin

Dev wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 16:49:
Or how about making them OPTIONS that are like OPTIONAL so people who prefer consolized ports can enjoy it and others who prefer a larger FOV and don't have gamepad but instead would prefer GUI mouse/keyboard shortcuts can use them. That way both types of players could enjoy it

I wouldn't bitch about optional hot key's on menus - but the game pauses to use the menu anyway so being mouse only just saved me from learning the hotkeys. As for the fixed FOV - it's a cheap trick used to heighten the sense of danger and panic and it's used by nearly every developer. Ultimately it's a trade off - the narrower the FOV the higher the tension and therefore excitement but at the same time the immersion is lessoned. Gearbox obviously want Borderlands (2) to be an in your face game so have made the FOV narrow.

End of the day - if you don't like the FOV don't buy the game. Bitching on forums ain't going to make developers change it and getting angry over such pointless things can't be good for your health.

9. Re: Borderlands 2 in September Feb 22, 2012, 12:04 Lorcin

Creston wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 11:34:
I guess that trailer is meant to appeal to twelve year olds with ADD

I'm 38 next month and looking forward to some late night drunken co-op on the sofa. Looks like more mindless fun and the evolution of things like Loaded from the PS1 era.

1020 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo