Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1040 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Epic Games Planning an MMOG?
1. Re: Epic Games Planning an MMOG? Mar 29, 2012, 10:21 Lorcin

They should recruit minecraft players. That way the millions of chest high walls would be finished quicker.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 29, 2012, 05:29 Lorcin

My PS3 is pretty much media server, Rock Band and Rocksmith (wife imported it for my birthday on Tuesday - now my fingers hurt). I'll be interested to see how the anti-preowned measures affect game rentals as that is how I play most of these overpriced 6 hour "blockbusters".

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: National Day of Unplugging Mar 25, 2012, 17:48 Lorcin

They should really include R.Kelly in that list shouldn't they?

Joking aside where was Concord?

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2012, 12:36 Lorcin

nin wrote on Mar 23, 2012, 11:09:
"And IIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIII...

WILL ALWAYS <snort>..."

Too soon???

lol nope

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
7. Re: Hardware Reviews Mar 22, 2012, 19:01 Lorcin

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 15:10:
That new card looks awesome but I do not see any games on the PC as of right now or in the near future that even remotely worth upgrading my PC for. If I were building a new PC I'd get that 680 for sure but otherwise, my GTX570 can run the stream of console ports just fine.

Totally agree - I haven't turned on the factory set overclocking speeds on my alienware since I got it 2 years ago, been waiting for the pc to struggle and it doesn't, even with what on paper seems an ageing card (ati 5870).

Hopefully by next year with the new consoles nearing our PCs may start to get pushed again but atm they're pretty overpowered.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - The Legend of Dead Kel
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - The Legend of Dead Kel Mar 21, 2012, 04:30 Lorcin

I prefer it to Skyrim.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 19, 2012, 14:35 Lorcin

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 10:47:
You can dance!

Yeah but you can also pod race and I'm sure I saw Jar Jar in that trailer. I asked my 9 year old if he wanted to go see Episode 1 in 3d and he basically said "nah it's the worst one". His 9 - their still trying to push Jar Jar and Pod Racing.

Someone on the Eurogamer comments did point this out though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZFCqS6B-wo

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 19, 2012, 14:17 Lorcin

No Razer Blade for Europe

Damn no over expensive, under powered laptops for us. Shame.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Trailer
6. Re: The Witcher 2 Trailer Mar 19, 2012, 14:15 Lorcin

I'll probably get slaughtered for this but I hope they bring over the 360 interface (optionally of course). I've been playing Reckoning on the sofa over the weekend and loving it - but that is a console port.

Either way I've got high hopes for the enhanced edition - I didn't get into Witcher 1 until the EE was released, then I loved it. I really struggled to stick to Witcher 2.

News Comments > Portal 2 BAFTA's "Best Game"
6. Re: Portal 2 BAFTA's Mar 17, 2012, 13:37 Lorcin

PHJF wrote on Mar 17, 2012, 12:44:
Stephen Merchant, British...

BAFTA, British...

Coincidence!?!? Perhaps... Perhaps not!

I'm British too - I didn't even get nominated.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Still Stalking
1. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Still Stalking Mar 16, 2012, 21:49 Lorcin

Somebody managed to put a . on the source code in the last 3 months it seems.  

News Comments > Ubisoft TMs 1666
6. Re: Ubisoft TMs 1666 Mar 14, 2012, 01:06 Lorcin

Cutter wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 23:24:
It was also the night that the lights went out in Georgia. It was the night that they hung an innocent man.

Ok I've found a song and movie called "The night the lights went out in Georgia" but what has it got to do with 1666???

Oh and it's THQ btw - reported in the Gamespot article. I wonder if this has anything to do with a reworking of the "Gotham by Gaslight" game which was THQ.

News Comments > Ubisoft TMs 1666
2. Re: Ubisoft TMs 1666 Mar 13, 2012, 22:16 Lorcin

Oh possibilities here - but not if they just do a run away from the fire or put out the fire jobby. London was also suffering the plague at the time - turn that from illness to supernatural, and you could have some good old medieval undead hunting cumulating in the fire and it could be kinda fun.

(yes I know the "great plague" had pretty much finished before the fire).

News Comments > No PvP in Diablo III Launch
18. Re: No PvP in Diablo III Launch Mar 9, 2012, 23:46 Lorcin

From my perspective - a fuck could not be less given. Unless the reviews tell me there's an actual story and characters I can get lost in then there's no way I'll buy this. As for PVP in Diablo - who cares. If I really want to PVP I'll boot a PVP aimed game. Not ever going to PVP in a SP game which they've tried to tack on MP for the console kiddies.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2012, 21:57 Lorcin

I loved flying from Dublin to London and having my Guiness Mustard confiscated. At the same time the customs guy unhappily told me I could buy a new (also sealed) jar in the gift shop to my left.

Yes I'm proud to say my name is Irish - but I'm English, flying out of the ROI to my home. That wasn't done in the name of security it was done in the name of raising the airports revenue.

To be fair to the customs guy he really didn't want to confiscate it - but I was pretty drunk, barely holding it together enough to get on a plane and in no way could be bothered to argue.

PS I did buy another jar and used it on a Ham in Coke recipe - wasn't worth it, should have stuck to Dijon.

PPS To the credit of Ireland I actually didn't realize how drunk I was until on the 60 mile drive home I filled up my car with the engine running then forgot the handbrake when I did get home. I did finally sober up 2 days after we got home and since then both my wife and I have banned trips to Vegas, Dublin, Amsterdam etc etc.

News Comments > The Old Republic Patch Plans, Friends Trial
19. Re: Clunky... Mar 7, 2012, 17:04 Lorcin

Think I'm done too - done both the PVE raids upto nightmare (except soa on nightmare). Done all the flashpoints multiple times - and still can't do daily pve quests on Belsavis cause I abandoned the bonus series quest and it's bugged so I can't get it back.

I could stick around for another month - or just unsub for a month or two until there's something new to do (and hopefully another tier of gear).

News Comments > Molyneux Quits Lionhead
10. Re: Molyneux Quits Lionhead Mar 7, 2012, 10:35 Lorcin

wtf_man wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 10:13:
I believe EA owns Populous... so i doubt we'd see a modern rendition, unless EA decides to take the plunge.

They're working on it atm - going to be a new cover based FPS.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 5, 2012, 19:43 Lorcin

I'll be more interested to see what happens when the twitch gaming kids who play FPS games on a console meet the ultra uber geeks who play that particular MMO.

It's going to be like a group of avid paintball fanatics with ADD having a competition in the same place as a fishing competition.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Leaked
79. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 18:07 Lorcin

eunichron wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 17:40:
So I guess the only thing we can learn from any of it is if you don't want your game pirated, make it PS3 exclusive.

God don't say that - it's old, slow, looking ugly compared to the PC but yeah they do have a secure platform (give or take that 4 or 5 month blip it was hacked for). Next gen will be very interesting for PC - atm we're getting most of the big console releases and I can't help but wonder if it's not because the piracy on the 360 is so rife.

If they manage to keep their platform secure next time I can see the PC being the anti-piracy whipping boy again and the PC get no or very delayed releases again.

Wasn't giving a heads up btw - was trying to stem the tide of silly comments on here.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Leaked
74. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 17:27 Lorcin

eunichron wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 17:13:
Eh? Bitgamer is one of the largest private trackers that only serves video games. If you look at TPB and Demonoid the numbers are similar.

Not heard of bitgamer - but just by comparison numbers on blackcats show snatched for:

PC 725
360 1256
PS3 56

M$ are really starting to have a problem with their DRM I guess

1040 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo