Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1046 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Dark Souls for August?
5. Re: PC Dark Souls for August? Apr 7, 2012, 18:41 Lorcin

jdreyer wrote on Apr 7, 2012, 18:18:
I dunno, the GWJ guys made this game sound like work (i.e. very hard and unforgiving). Is the effort worth the payoff?

Well that's pretty debatable. Is any game worth the EFFORT of playing? No matter what difficulty you set the game at it's not going to make your pc start scrolling the end credits then force your tower to come to life and give you a blowjob.

It's a game, it's quite hard and unforgiving compared to most modern games but it's not going to win awards for the plot, scriptwriting etc. The art design is unrelentingly bleak also - in fact the whole game makes you want to quit. But if you play it and beat it you are rewarded with........fuck all. Except a sense you overcame adversity of course.

That said if we made a habit of overcoming adversity in our real lives maybe we wouldn't feel the need to lose ourselves in virtual worlds where we become heros and champions.

Fuck i'm drunk.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 5, 2012, 11:04 Lorcin

Mine went last month after half an hour to my satalite company persuading them I really wasn't going to answer any of their questions. 99% of what we watch is on free to air channels and the 1% can be caught online somehow. Movies, sport and the 3d channel weren't worth 62.50 (98 USD) a month.

Oh and there's enough complete series on netflix to keep me happy for years (i.e. I've never seen an episode of 24 but it's all on there).

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Apr 3, 2012, 03:27 Lorcin

No brainer for me as I'm not American. My ex-gf and her twin both worked for BofA over here though and they made good money and were happy in their jobs, as that's my only experience of BofA I guess EA gets my vote.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2012, 16:03 Lorcin

DrSquick wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 14:49:
Hey Blue, I have been coming here for at least ten years now, but this is my first comment... *blush*

If I recall, you are a big charcoal purist right? If not, and there is any chance you might consider gas, I had a natural gas quick-disconnect installed in my new house when we moved in. I also picked up one of the pretty nice Weber stainless steel grills, and absolutely love it. It keeps heat perfectly, warms up quickly, and the thick stainless grill and flavorizer covers hold up great. My one complaint is on my model the knobs take up most of the right shelf, which was naturally fixed the year after I bought mine. :/

Love the sight Blue!

Dunno about Blue but I couldn't do that. I have a grill on my gas cooker in the kitchen, I can't imagine it being outside making any difference.

Our BBQ is on it's last legs so thinking of replacing it with an American style smoker something like this

News Comments > Epic Games Planning an MMOG?
15. Re: Epic Games Planning an MMOG? Mar 29, 2012, 15:55 Lorcin

Creston wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 15:08:
cliffyb just drowned in his own jizz.

They can use it for mortar

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2012, 10:38 Lorcin

Dark Knight Rises LEGO Trailer.

Someone has way too much time on their hands.

News Comments > Epic Games Planning an MMOG?
1. Re: Epic Games Planning an MMOG? Mar 29, 2012, 10:21 Lorcin

They should recruit minecraft players. That way the millions of chest high walls would be finished quicker.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 29, 2012, 05:29 Lorcin

My PS3 is pretty much media server, Rock Band and Rocksmith (wife imported it for my birthday on Tuesday - now my fingers hurt). I'll be interested to see how the anti-preowned measures affect game rentals as that is how I play most of these overpriced 6 hour "blockbusters".

9. Re: National Day of Unplugging Mar 25, 2012, 17:48 Lorcin

They should really include R.Kelly in that list shouldn't they?

Joking aside where was Concord?

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2012, 12:36 Lorcin

nin wrote on Mar 23, 2012, 11:09:
"And IIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIII...

WILL ALWAYS <snort>..."

Too soon???

lol nope

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
7. Re: Hardware Reviews Mar 22, 2012, 19:01 Lorcin

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 15:10:
That new card looks awesome but I do not see any games on the PC as of right now or in the near future that even remotely worth upgrading my PC for. If I were building a new PC I'd get that 680 for sure but otherwise, my GTX570 can run the stream of console ports just fine.

Totally agree - I haven't turned on the factory set overclocking speeds on my alienware since I got it 2 years ago, been waiting for the pc to struggle and it doesn't, even with what on paper seems an ageing card (ati 5870).

Hopefully by next year with the new consoles nearing our PCs may start to get pushed again but atm they're pretty overpowered.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - The Legend of Dead Kel
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - The Legend of Dead Kel Mar 21, 2012, 04:30 Lorcin

I prefer it to Skyrim.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 19, 2012, 14:35 Lorcin

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 10:47:
You can dance!

Yeah but you can also pod race and I'm sure I saw Jar Jar in that trailer. I asked my 9 year old if he wanted to go see Episode 1 in 3d and he basically said "nah it's the worst one". His 9 - their still trying to push Jar Jar and Pod Racing.

Someone on the Eurogamer comments did point this out though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZFCqS6B-wo

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 19, 2012, 14:17 Lorcin

No Razer Blade for Europe

Damn no over expensive, under powered laptops for us. Shame.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Trailer
6. Re: The Witcher 2 Trailer Mar 19, 2012, 14:15 Lorcin

I'll probably get slaughtered for this but I hope they bring over the 360 interface (optionally of course). I've been playing Reckoning on the sofa over the weekend and loving it - but that is a console port.

Either way I've got high hopes for the enhanced edition - I didn't get into Witcher 1 until the EE was released, then I loved it. I really struggled to stick to Witcher 2.

News Comments > Portal 2 BAFTA's "Best Game"
6. Re: Portal 2 BAFTA's Mar 17, 2012, 13:37 Lorcin

PHJF wrote on Mar 17, 2012, 12:44:
Stephen Merchant, British...

BAFTA, British...

Coincidence!?!? Perhaps... Perhaps not!

I'm British too - I didn't even get nominated.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Still Stalking
1. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Still Stalking Mar 16, 2012, 21:49 Lorcin

Somebody managed to put a . on the source code in the last 3 months it seems.  

News Comments > Ubisoft TMs 1666
6. Re: Ubisoft TMs 1666 Mar 14, 2012, 01:06 Lorcin

Cutter wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 23:24:
It was also the night that the lights went out in Georgia. It was the night that they hung an innocent man.

Ok I've found a song and movie called "The night the lights went out in Georgia" but what has it got to do with 1666???

Oh and it's THQ btw - reported in the Gamespot article. I wonder if this has anything to do with a reworking of the "Gotham by Gaslight" game which was THQ.

News Comments > Ubisoft TMs 1666
2. Re: Ubisoft TMs 1666 Mar 13, 2012, 22:16 Lorcin

Oh possibilities here - but not if they just do a run away from the fire or put out the fire jobby. London was also suffering the plague at the time - turn that from illness to supernatural, and you could have some good old medieval undead hunting cumulating in the fire and it could be kinda fun.

(yes I know the "great plague" had pretty much finished before the fire).

News Comments > No PvP in Diablo III Launch
18. Re: No PvP in Diablo III Launch Mar 9, 2012, 23:46 Lorcin

From my perspective - a fuck could not be less given. Unless the reviews tell me there's an actual story and characters I can get lost in then there's no way I'll buy this. As for PVP in Diablo - who cares. If I really want to PVP I'll boot a PVP aimed game. Not ever going to PVP in a SP game which they've tried to tack on MP for the console kiddies.  

1046 Comments. 53 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo