Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1082 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2012, 18:05 Lorcin

My wife watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre when she was 7 - I had VERY controlling parents who wouldn't even let me watch Saturday morning TV on 1 of the 3 channels we had back then.

Needless to say my kids watch what they want - ie my son watched Aliens when he was 9.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 27, 2012, 19:01 Lorcin

What a pointless waste of money - the ADA must have spent millions on lawyers fees trying to force Netflix to do now something their already legally obligated to do. Even if the ADA win I'd be if the judge didn't give Netflix an 18 months time frame to introduce the change anyway.

They could have spent the fees on actually helping people rather than fighting for a ruling which had already been given.

News Comments > etc.
19. Re: etc. Jun 26, 2012, 17:48 Lorcin

erm didn't notice much difference apart from being padded. My love interest who also happened to be in my final squad still miraculously appeared on the other side of the galaxy. I can't say this resolved any of the story lines, just added a few sections of padding.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic 1.3 Live
1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic 1.3 Live Jun 26, 2012, 17:43 Lorcin

ouch after 80 minutes nobody cares enough to post anything positive or negative.  

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.3 Skill Changes Found?
12. Re: Diablo III 1.0.3 Skill Changes Found? Jun 16, 2012, 20:37 Lorcin

Meh just use the server emulation which is already working and set it to what you want.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2012, 18:38 Lorcin

I got my first smoker two weeks ago and smoked my first pulled pork following the recipe on amazingribs.com on Monday (holiday here in the uk). 6 out of the 8 of us preferred the non-smoked version from Here

Crucial difference seemed to be recooking it after it was pulled in the juices. Monday's was an amazing tasting pork dish which was 90% pork - my normal one seems to be again amazing but for tasting of the spices not just pork.

News Comments > LEGO: The Lord of the Rings Announced
15. Re: LEGO: The Lord of the Rings Announced Jun 2, 2012, 19:20 Lorcin

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 2, 2012, 14:11:
The Lego series is tired and if you think it isn't you're retarded. Better?

Oi only I get to call my ten year old boy who was amazingly happy to read this retarded.

You don't like Lego games? Your inner child is dying.

News Comments > Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition & Steamworks
26. Re: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition & Steamworks May 31, 2012, 20:41 Lorcin

Alamar wrote on May 31, 2012, 18:35:
Yakubs wrote on May 31, 2012, 13:09:
I wish they would port Demon's Souls too

I still have this for PS3, shrink wrapped, in the other room... I need to dedicate some time to that machine... It's currently a media box...

-Alamar

You have more money then sense obviously. Take up golf - your done with gaming.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week
21. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 18:57 Lorcin

"Dear Bioware,

This year I have completed all the PVE content in TOR and forced myself to play through all 3 Mass Effects. I'll be interested in playing ME3 multiplayer packs when you start paying me to sit through them.

Yours honestly

Lorcin"

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts
6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts May 22, 2012, 18:07 Lorcin

Cj does have a point - seriously where is my multiplayer Death Star trench run???? I went into TOR really wanting the space combat to be on a par with the X-Wing and Tie-Fighter of old, instead I got House of The Dead in space.

The space combat was quite possibly the biggest single disappointment of the game.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts
1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts May 22, 2012, 17:56 Lorcin

The last ever thing an MMO, which you can get the top raiding armour inside a 1 month trial, is to cuts in the staff.

They shouldn't be so quick to write it off and work bloody hard to at least double the amount of endgame content if they want those all important renewals.

I quit after basically finishing the PVE game (don't play PvP) and I've seen NOTHING since. Nothing has stuck in my mind as new content, upadted content etc etc - I read a lot of gaming press but if Bioware have added new content I've completely missed it.

News Comments > Darksiders II Trailer
8. Re: Darksiders II Trailer May 19, 2012, 03:22 Lorcin

Slashman wrote on May 18, 2012, 22:40:
The first one was very good IMO. Definitely an underrated title. The mix of fighting, platforming and puzzle solving is really satisfying.

Also, you get to play as the very embodiment of conflict itself. Thumbsup

I agree - it's the closest thing to a Zelda game on the PC but with 100% less cuteness and fairys.

News Comments > Project Copernicus World Trailer
9. Re: Project Copernicus World Trailer May 19, 2012, 03:17 Lorcin

Was there anything there not in Kingdoms of Amalur?

A cynical person would say this is just a flythrough of their previous game being presented as something new to gain some investors.

News Comments > Unreal 4 Details & Screenshots
29. Re: Unreal 4 Details & Screenshots May 18, 2012, 06:13 Lorcin

I really need a rolling demo of this to download - I'm sitting here on a 2 year old pc with one year left on the finance and from the look of those screenshots it's not going to need upgrading next year.

I really hope my then 3 year old PC can beat the next-gen consoles as it will enable me to laugh most heartily when he mates or son start going on about the Xbox 3/PS4.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
198. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 19:18 Lorcin

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 15, 2012, 18:48:
Someone has never played a hack and slash game from the 80's before? Oh wait...

Born '74. Hack and slash is fine by my. Diablo's major gameplay mechanic seems to be managing my inventory - it ain't hack and slash it'a SimRucksack.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
195. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:41 Lorcin

Didn't like the beta so not buying this but have met people with the click-shit-to-death-collect-loot mentality before.

This game seems to be an almost introduction to hoarding combined with an an OCD for clicking.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 13, 2012, 13:30 Lorcin

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 13, 2012, 12:43:
Yet again we see a large multi-national company with absolutely no cultural awareness. The term "cellular" simply isn't used in the UK; we use "mobile" or "mobile data". Rather than clarifying the situation they've just made it more confusing.

True but then again we also don't have 4g in this country yet - Ofcom isn't auctioning the frequencies until later this year.

Link

But yeah the normal assumption that the world speaks American English instead of proper English is a bit annoying.

News Comments > Binary Domain Demo
12. Re: Binary Domain Demo May 12, 2012, 19:35 Lorcin

nin wrote on May 12, 2012, 19:17:
I giggled...but I'm also drunk right now.

Who said I was drunk???? Not like I ever drink and post shite on here.

PS The lorcin home-brewery is now producing some seriously good quality Ale for about 1/5 of the shop prices - I can't brew much until the Autumn but expect some seriously incoherent ramblings then.

News Comments > Binary Domain Demo
10. Re: Binary Domain Demo May 12, 2012, 18:23 Lorcin

If you woke up in bed with this game there's no way you'd tell your friends.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse May 11, 2012, 21:38 Lorcin

Prez wrote on May 11, 2012, 11:10:
It would be funny how ass-backwards and hypocritical Americans are if it weren't so sad.

Trust me - as a non american. It already is funny.

*edit* cut down quote cause it was even funnier with the context removed.

1082 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo