Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1083 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs Footage
9. Re: Sleeping Dogs Footage Aug 12, 2012, 21:02 Lorcin

Stopped at about 1m when the giant fish tank got smashed and the protagonist didn't even stumble from the weight of the water.

I'd normally ignore that except the idiot commentator went "that's impressive".

update: went to check the time and then noticed the 100+ gallons of water disappear in <2 secs.

There's suspension of disbelief and just sloppy design. If they can't program a tank that big exploding why add it - and what does that mean for the rest of the game?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2012, 18:47 Lorcin

Latest news from the failympics. We're now filling the empty seats with soldiers - trouble is nobody has told them this is a covert mission to make it look like people are there so the soldiers in question are all in full camo inside the stadiums.

Seriously couldn't make this up

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2012, 19:23.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2012, 18:42 Lorcin

Cutter wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 17:44:

Oh come on, that was funny. "One number eight..." Haha!

No that was rubbish - but hey at least you bothered to type it all out.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2012, 12:42 Lorcin

Cutter wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 11:58:
Not to mention the costs and security for these things is way out of control. It seems that more people than not in the hosts cities for these things do not want them there. All this corruption and waste centered around games for what really amount to a hobby is ridiculous. Particularly these days when so many struggle to make ends meet.

I'm English and I approve this message

News Comments > Quoteworthy - "Windows 8 is a Catastrophe" - Gabe Newell
80. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 25, 2012, 20:46 Lorcin

Running linux on a pc is much akin to my mobile phone. My phone runs a custom firmware hack to get the android 2.3 OS running on a handset that Sony Ericsson have never updated beyond android 2.1.

The problem is although I researched and worked out exactly what I needed to do for a weekend to take it from stock to custom OS, now 3 months later apparently updates are available for it. But I can't for the life of me remember which hoops and loops I need to jump through to get the updates installed - and frankly I can't be bothered to relearn.

Until linux offers SIGNIFICANTLY improved performance vs windows ?? then I'm afraid I'll end up sticking to windows because it's easy to learn and helpfull (yeah mainly overly helpful but meh)

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2012, 21:36 Lorcin

It seems at the time of writing $365,445 worth of people haven't heard of ad-block.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 24, 2012, 21:11 Lorcin

In our house 4 of the mobiles share chargers, 2 sonys, a samsung and a cackberry all happily can be charged nearly anywhere in the house as there's almost always one of the chargers nearby.

My wife's crApple of course has to have it's own charger, in house, in car etc etc. I was really hoping they'd bring it in line with the rest of the mobile world and we'd have one charging solution but it seems more likely this is just a dick move to sell more accessories.

I'm willing to bet it will still be unable to charge from 90% of PCs due to "lack of power" whilst every other phone works fine.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 23, 2012, 22:00 Lorcin

Hey Google

My wife's an ex-topless model who's 36fs are still on multiple websites. But her real name is hidden under 3 layers of aliases which has paid dividends as she's currently doing teacher training.

Not everybody want's their real life and their virtual life linked up.

News Comments > Guncraft Open Beta
14. Re: Guncraft Open Beta Jul 16, 2012, 20:17 Lorcin

Axis wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 20:20:
I meant that for Space Captain Lorc.

ok will remove my rant then

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 2012, 20:23.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2012, 19:34 Lorcin

Oh something about the uk you guys may care about - the weather is so poo the beach volleyball girls at the Olympics are probably going to be wearing tracksuits.

[url=]http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/olympics/article4431334.ece[/url]

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2012, 19:30 Lorcin

We're having by far the wettest year on record here in the uk. Rainfall is up 200% on the average between 1971 and 2000, and temperatures are down 0.3C across the same period.

The last water company here dropped our hose-pipe ban a couple of weeks ago and my wife and I want to emigrate asap!

Where's our bloody global warming.

Newsource - including pics taken whilst there was still a hose-pipe ban enforced due to "Draught":

[url=]http://www.itv.com/news/2012-07-02/wettest-june-sees-double-rainfall/[/url]

12. Re: Guncraft Open Beta Jul 16, 2012, 19:02 Lorcin

WyldKat wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 17:42:

Right. I'm sure they went through the trouble and money to get permission to use it. ACDC being owned by Sony's music group, I'm sure they're happy to just hand over rights for free to people using it for commercial purposes.

In a trailer? yeah they probably are. Sony pull the track from the trailer or insist Exato pay for the rights they make nothing or a few bucks and a load of bad PR. If for some reason the trailer goes viral Sony will love the royalties from the increased album sales.

It's a no brainier as far for sony as I can see - but yeah putting it unlicensed into the full game with a full track would undoubtedly lead to court.

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 2012, 19:20.

11. Re: Guncraft Open Beta Jul 16, 2012, 18:51 Lorcin

space captain wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 17:24:

http://www.starforge.com/

anyway, believe whatever you want.. enjoy yourself

Very nicely made point - except that still looks crap. Yes it's a jump forward from minecraft but it's a very long way from being 'impressive'.

That said whilst minecraft undoubtedly did get a target audience I have to say guncraft is not as much of a jump forward. It looks like modern warfare with duplo with a lot of post edit effects added on top.

News Comments > UE4 Fortnite PC Release Next Year
5. Re: UE4 Fortnite PC Release Next Year Jul 12, 2012, 21:39 Lorcin

zomg day one purchase here

/drunk

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 5, 2012, 20:14 Lorcin

Win8 has big butt and Mcafee cannot lie,
when the viruses they do try,
but when the crack attacks the security hacks windows 8 it just get's raped!

News Comments > id Hasn't Forgotten RAGE
8. Re: id Hasn't Forgotten RAGE Jul 5, 2012, 20:08 Lorcin

Are they going to announce it wasn't as good as borderlands?  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans
35. Re: FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans Jul 4, 2012, 19:23 Lorcin

Unless youtube is lying the movies have been upgraded - not all the way, I'd have to guess <720p but they are way better than the stretched 320x240 I'm used to seeing from this game.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans
34. Re: FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans Jul 4, 2012, 19:20 Lorcin

shinchan0s wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 18:19:
Even my dad asked why I was playing with "bubble people"...

Cause apart from the ridiculous Barrett (or as I always named him "Mr Farty") the main characters were pretty relate-able.

Of course nobody back then expected Mr Farty to become the sidekick in gears of war or that characters in games in general would become more and more stereotypical unlike-able twats as the years went by.

FFVII and FFIX are part of a dying breed of games with nice, fun, characters who emotionally involve the players. These days most of the 'heroes' are lumps of meat with biceps bigger than they're necks. If I saw somebody with biceps bigger than they're neck walking down the street I'd cross the damn road!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2012, 19:17 Lorcin

MadBoris wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 16:58:
Thanks to this discussion...I just had an idea...

I think I'm going to take my 9 month old Golden to a fireworks show, atleast for a while depending on his patience.

I have always tried to expose him to everything I could in terms of environments, sounds, surfaces, as the puppy books suggest. He's definitely been around some loud noises too.

I figure this way, he will get a clear understanding from the onset what exactly these 4th of July noises are. Should set a decent foundation as long as I set him up for success.
I'll give him some plugs though, to lessen the impact.

It's a gun dog so should be fine - my Labrador couldn't care less about fireworks, he just keeps trying to beg food (hates balloons though too).

19. Re: And now for something completely off-topic Jul 2, 2012, 19:13 Lorcin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 18:59:

eh, being a "gun dog" doens't matter 1 bit. I have 3 gun dogs, and 1 of my 3 is the biggest baby in the world. Rain, wind, firworks, thunder, etc. It is a nightmare. Nothing works. The best I can do for him is put a blanket in the bathroom and leave a radio on in there for him. I also open the basement door and have made a safe spot for him to hid in with a blanket from his kennel and a radio. Poor kid.

yours, like mine, must be defective. People regularly train Labs to guide blind people - we still struggle to keep ours from eating the children's socks and knickers.

1083 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo