Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1007 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > No PvP in Diablo III Launch
18. Re: No PvP in Diablo III Launch Mar 9, 2012, 23:46 Lorcin

From my perspective - a fuck could not be less given. Unless the reviews tell me there's an actual story and characters I can get lost in then there's no way I'll buy this. As for PVP in Diablo - who cares. If I really want to PVP I'll boot a PVP aimed game. Not ever going to PVP in a SP game which they've tried to tack on MP for the console kiddies.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2012, 21:57 Lorcin

I loved flying from Dublin to London and having my Guiness Mustard confiscated. At the same time the customs guy unhappily told me I could buy a new (also sealed) jar in the gift shop to my left.

Yes I'm proud to say my name is Irish - but I'm English, flying out of the ROI to my home. That wasn't done in the name of security it was done in the name of raising the airports revenue.

To be fair to the customs guy he really didn't want to confiscate it - but I was pretty drunk, barely holding it together enough to get on a plane and in no way could be bothered to argue.

PS I did buy another jar and used it on a Ham in Coke recipe - wasn't worth it, should have stuck to Dijon.

PPS To the credit of Ireland I actually didn't realize how drunk I was until on the 60 mile drive home I filled up my car with the engine running then forgot the handbrake when I did get home. I did finally sober up 2 days after we got home and since then both my wife and I have banned trips to Vegas, Dublin, Amsterdam etc etc.

News Comments > The Old Republic Patch Plans, Friends Trial
19. Re: Clunky... Mar 7, 2012, 17:04 Lorcin

Think I'm done too - done both the PVE raids upto nightmare (except soa on nightmare). Done all the flashpoints multiple times - and still can't do daily pve quests on Belsavis cause I abandoned the bonus series quest and it's bugged so I can't get it back.

I could stick around for another month - or just unsub for a month or two until there's something new to do (and hopefully another tier of gear).

News Comments > Molyneux Quits Lionhead
10. Re: Molyneux Quits Lionhead Mar 7, 2012, 10:35 Lorcin

wtf_man wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 10:13:
I believe EA owns Populous... so i doubt we'd see a modern rendition, unless EA decides to take the plunge.

They're working on it atm - going to be a new cover based FPS.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 5, 2012, 19:43 Lorcin

I'll be more interested to see what happens when the twitch gaming kids who play FPS games on a console meet the ultra uber geeks who play that particular MMO.

It's going to be like a group of avid paintball fanatics with ADD having a competition in the same place as a fishing competition.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Leaked
79. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 18:07 Lorcin

eunichron wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 17:40:
So I guess the only thing we can learn from any of it is if you don't want your game pirated, make it PS3 exclusive.

God don't say that - it's old, slow, looking ugly compared to the PC but yeah they do have a secure platform (give or take that 4 or 5 month blip it was hacked for). Next gen will be very interesting for PC - atm we're getting most of the big console releases and I can't help but wonder if it's not because the piracy on the 360 is so rife.

If they manage to keep their platform secure next time I can see the PC being the anti-piracy whipping boy again and the PC get no or very delayed releases again.

Wasn't giving a heads up btw - was trying to stem the tide of silly comments on here.

74. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 17:27 Lorcin

eunichron wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 17:13:
Eh? Bitgamer is one of the largest private trackers that only serves video games. If you look at TPB and Demonoid the numbers are similar.

Not heard of bitgamer - but just by comparison numbers on blackcats show snatched for:

PC 725
360 1256
PS3 56

M$ are really starting to have a problem with their DRM I guess

71. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 17:19 Lorcin

Crack was released ~1 hour ago so can everyone shut up about the PC version not being playable now please. Oh and contrary to the comments on here the PS3 version although leaked is not playable by any means.

Oh and before anyone asks no I have no idea where the crack is - I've got my save from ME2 on my PS3 I want to continue when my copy arrives.

News Comments > U.K. Charts
3. Re: U.K. Charts Mar 5, 2012, 14:30 Lorcin

shudder Mario Party shudder. I've got both my girls off with chicken pox atm, the thirteen year old is watching Heroes on netflix, curled up on the sofa with headphones in.

However, the eleven year old has been playing pokepark and repeatedly getting me to play Mario Party - it's been 4 days now and I swear if a door to door plumber turns up at my house I'm likely to murder him.

News Comments > New Haptic Controller Prototype
1. Re: New Haptic Controller Prototype Mar 5, 2012, 14:25 Lorcin

"delivers directional cues to the player by stretching the skin of the thumb tips in different directions."

Just sounds scary but the video is just a bit naff - the joystick moves by itself and you follow it. Better prepare for a deluge of QTE where you have to do the opposite to whatever the stick does.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Mar 3, 2012, 20:58 Lorcin

I don't think you can start blocking mobile coverage anywhere tbh - I've got kids and whilst I'll always silence my phone there's no way I'm turning it off at the cinema. If a call comes in and I know it's urgent I'll walk outside and take it - blocking me from having that option would stop me going to the cinema completely.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2012, 20:08 Lorcin

Gregorian Little Endian, starting with Day
This sequence is common to the vast majority of the world's countries. This date format originates from the custom of writing the date as 'the 8th day of November in the year of our Lord 2003' in western religious and legal documents, which at one time were the majority of documents created. The format has shortened over time but the order of the elements has remained constant.

Ain't just us backwards Euro's Blue - you and Canada are pretty much alone with your weird M/D/Y thing.

News Comments > Steam Hardware Plans?
58. Re: Steam Hardware Plans? Mar 3, 2012, 20:03 Lorcin

You lot forget to take your ritalin tonight or something? Chill out for gods sake - nothings confirmed atm yet your all getting worked up just on speculation.

Why don't you wait and see A) if Valve are really doing hardware and B) what the specs/price/unique features are.

Then if you don't like them by all means start sounding off but until then STFU.

News Comments > DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied
20. Re: DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied Feb 29, 2012, 02:20 Lorcin

Well the wall on the right of this shot certainly looks like something you'd expect from Rage:

http://i.minus.com/io6vOZqMZRqh4.jpg

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans
47. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans Feb 27, 2012, 02:16 Lorcin

Creston wrote on Feb 26, 2012, 23:51:
On topic : Has anyone played through several of the classes' storylines? Are they different enough to warrant playing through them, or are even those just variations of "go here and kill X of Y?"

Creston

There's a Class plot line per planet but that is maybe 5 missions which is specfic to the class. The other missions you pick up on each planet are the same as the other classes.

In general the objectives are prettied up instead of just kill X of Y and I can't think of a single one where I had to collect something like Zebra hoofs only to find that most of the Zebra's didn't have a single hoof, let alone 4.

The only really grindy sections are the bonus objectives (you get them if say your told to get infected by a rakghoul and on killing one it will ask you to kill another 40 of them). But the bonuses are very optional - I've always done them, but I've always levelled quicker than the suggested range for the planet I'm on.

30. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans Feb 26, 2012, 17:39 Lorcin

Just a thought - they should change "Quit Game" to "Exit Game". Quit game is getting too tempting.  

11. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans Feb 26, 2012, 12:25 Lorcin

Pigeon wrote on Feb 26, 2012, 12:19:
Is there no end-game content? No end dungeons, raids, large group quests and/or tedious grinding quests to continue the story?

There's hard modes of all the previous dungeons and two raids both with 5 bosses and 3 difficulties. You can walk straight from levelling into the normal level raids even in greens and do fine - we're doing hard mode atm so not sure how hard nightmare is.

And as other people have said server populations are pretty woeful a lot of the time. I stopped playing my first 50 because his server pop was always low (think 30 people max in fleet even at peak times). The new server is better but still feels like a ghost town most of the time.

5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans Feb 26, 2012, 11:35 Lorcin

WTB PVE content - NOW! I'm halfway through all the currently available raid content and my character is geared in a lot of the best gear in the game.

I really can't be bothered to level a 3rd 50 and am getting pretty bored - the content which is there is really pretty simple.

News Comments > Syndicate Solicits Pirates
45. Re: Syndicate Solicits Pirates Feb 25, 2012, 12:18 Lorcin

How does requiring it differ from Valve saying even boxed HL2 copies required Steam. People just complain for the sake of complaining and because this is EA's one.

News Comments > Syndicate Solicits Pirates
40. Re: Syndicate Solicits Pirates Feb 25, 2012, 09:38 Lorcin

oh ffs here we go again on Origin. Anybody remember threads like this:

Steam bashing after HL2 was released - can't find the thread from when they announced HL2 would require it

1007 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo