Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1124 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
16. Re: Into the Black Jan 19, 2015, 21:23 Lorcin

2041 hr but it LIEEEES!!!!

For instance steam says I've never played darksiders - I've completed it twice!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders
70. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 18, 2015, 00:43 Lorcin

Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 00:28:

I do find it ironic the people who bitch about requiring an internet connection to play a video game spend a ridiculous amount of time bitching on the internet. Far more time than they ever would have spent playing the game.

I'm getting pretty sick of the whole "My internet is dodgy" argument too.

In fact I can literally put it into a first world problem "I have 140Mbps download but my powerline adapters restrict me to 84Mbps. Couple that with the simple fact my powerline adapters will drop me offline for at least 30 seconds per hour and you'll understand the hell I'm living in"

I'm sure there are people around the world who don't have a decent internet connection - but they either have more important things to buy than GTA or their paid a lot to be there.

19. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 16, 2015, 21:00 Lorcin

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 20:56:
Since you mention it my panties are wet and this is 60 dollars well spent. You don't deserve a fine game like this. Go back to playing Captain rainbow Or the Sims and leave us gamers alone.

Unless you have bladder problems....

News Comments > Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons IP Sold
1. Re: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons IP Sold Jan 16, 2015, 20:55 Lorcin

Translation 505 Games just bought a one off game nobody ever wanted a sequel too. Brothers was a beautifully told one off nice evenings worth of gaming.

More isn't needed, wanted, called for or indeed easy to put into plot:

SPOILER

One of the brothers dies at the end of the first game. Are 505 planning you play as the surviving brother and a zombie?

News Comments > MS: Windows 10 "Best" OS Ever Created for Gamers
70. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 16, 2015, 20:50 Lorcin

Bundy wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 20:45:
None have survived it b/c their revenue depended on a console success. Microsoft can afford to fail more than twice and still be fine, they still have 80bn in revenue every year from their other departments.

That said, I really wish they'd throw way more resources into PC game development. Hopefully next week is the beginning of something.

Oh they can afford to fail twice just not in a row - and 3 times out of 4. Xbox was never a big profit earner. 360 did well. XBone is tanking. Next one sucks and it won't just be a huge management overhaul. They'll shut it down.

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2015, 20:57.

16. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 16, 2015, 20:42 Lorcin

Rofl before discount they want what the PS3 version cost on release over here. It goes for literally half that now second hand.

Even if I hadn't already finished it there's not a chance in hell I'd pay full price for a late port (after all they don't even lose a cut to Sony/MS this time - in real terms their making more per sale at this price).

They should be charging half the current price simply as an apology for being so damn late to market.

68. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 16, 2015, 20:36 Lorcin

It's a long way off but I really hope Sony win the NEXT console war. They've won this one hands down and if MS fuck it again next time that will probably be the end of Xbox - no console manufacturer has survived two shitty consoles in a row.

Once they are forced to shut down the Xbox division I think Microsoft will throw all their resources and game studios behind PCs just to try and stop Sony monopolizing the market.

Weird to think the best thing I can do to help PC gaming is to subscribe to PS+ on my PS3 (give sony money to build a better next gen).

41. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 16, 2015, 12:25 Lorcin

Ludomancer wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 12:05:
I'd still be happily using winNT if MS just didn't let it go extinct. Someone tell me now: What's been introduced since NT that couldn't have been done so in a patch?

Well 64 bit support on the kernal might be a bit hard to patch in. Oh and which version of NT do you mean after all technically XP is Windows NT 5.1 and Windows 8.1 is NT 6.3.

32. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 16, 2015, 11:36 Lorcin

Way to make me want SteamOS Microsoft!  

News Comments > Minecraft Name Changes Next Month
4. Re: Minecraft Name Changes Next Month Jan 12, 2015, 20:31 Lorcin

I doubt this will be a cash grab as they would have announced the pricing from the start.

I think it's a nice idea on their part; my 10 year old son named his character "BrickBoy####" (#### is a year), over 2 years later my nearly 13 year old son is nowhere near as happy with that name.

News Comments > Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed
35. Re: Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed Jan 10, 2015, 11:09 Lorcin

I'd be quite happy with a demo - already completed it on PS3 but wouldn't mind seeing the upgrades for an hour or so.  

News Comments > Valve: Steam Machines "Front and Center" at GDC
19. Re: Valve: Steam Machines Jan 8, 2015, 23:29 Lorcin

Zyrxil wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 21:59:
It's only vaguely similar. People have bought into the Steam ecosystem heavily, but they can't force people to stay. MS has power at the OS level, that trumps everything else if they truly wanted to do it. It's not a matter of switch to Linux if nothing you want can run on Linux, hence the Steam Machine and Steamplay experiments.

I disagree. Whilst it's obvious most PC gamers use Windows I think for the majority of people the selling point is Steam. Look at the publishers who've tried to break from Steam; Origin, Uplay, GFWL.

It hasn't ended well.

Console game makers are flocking back to make the cheap (relativity royalty free) buck on the PC.

IF (BIG IF) Microsoft tried to firewall gaming on PC behind Windows then Linux compatibility would EXPLODE with every developer working to quickly release on linux/steamOS. Unfortunately we're not in that position.

What's happened is M$ tried to make a gaming store. Then it tried to make an app store. Both failed so the obvious result:

ENTROPY

Why update DirectX - they don't earn from it. In fact they'll earn more money from their XBox division if they just don't update Windows gaming capacity.

It's all cool though. M$ are losing on literally every front. Win 8 is a nightmare, XBone has lost the console war, Office is an unintuitive mess and of course Bing is less popular than Ebola. (forgot - windows phone lol).

Realistically we've been watching the long slow drawn out death of Microsoft for almost a decade. Valve doesn't need to provide the mecca of gaming, it simply needs to provide a backup for when Microsoft commits suicide. Laying their framework now is a nice move, they know nobody can consistently fail over the last 5 years (ala Microsoft) and stay as Top Dog.

All this said and done - is google becoming a bit 1984?

News Comments > Valve: Steam Machines "Front and Center" at GDC
12. Re: Valve: Steam Machines Jan 8, 2015, 20:27 Lorcin

Due to an outdated bios version on a motherboard I bought in December I've ended up with a spare AMD processor (had to buy it just to flash the mobo). I'm planning on spending the extra 100 (mobo,mem,cheap HD) I need just to stick steam on my TV - but use in home streaming from my desktop (which is in the kitchen/diner) to actually produce the graphics.

I've no interest in another (would be 4th in house) full blown gaming PC for the few times anybody wants to sit in the living room.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
355. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 30, 2014, 21:08 Lorcin

Christmas family invasions seem to have a enforced a break in ED for me. I've switched to replaying fodder from the last few years; Prince of Presia (2nd time), Bioshock Infinite (3rd time) done. Latest Tomb Raider (for the 3rd time) being hit, after that Alice Madness Returns (again only 2nd time) is on the list.

I'm basically holding off because I want some filler in the ship lineup to provide some options (142k Viper > 30m+ dropship is one hell of a gap) and a massive ramp up in terms of AI difficulty.

My biggest problem is if you can fly the viper well there is no common NPC in the game who can kill you, and no player can catch you. There is no current danger and unless you care for ranks the best you can hope to achieve is a slower, better armed more automatic fighter.

325. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 24, 2014, 19:51 Lorcin

Vall Forran wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 20:31:
I need to make about $30 million credits. My future Asp is waiting. I might try the rare goods run. Jumping so many times is...tedious, but if it nets me anywhere near $500k to a million I'll try it.

Edit:
Thanks, Lorcin (I believe it was you...total apologies if not) who advised me to get a viper instead of grinding straight up to the Asp. From what I've read, the Asp is pretty crap at default. However, pump another 20 million into upgrades and it's arguably the best ship in the game. I am surprised at how much my viper is costing to upgrade. It absolutely has owned everything, but I still can spend another few million on upgrades easily. I shudder at the Asp upgrades.

Happily I've no idea if that was my advice or not - but I'll gladly take the credit because I believe it to be true. At the moment my viper (142k) is worth 3m fully kitted. Roughly 20x the base price - so Asp would hit 120m and Anaconda 300m.

Kinda seems right in terms of firepower we own (did have a 10m asp before a mishap) - my biggest problem atm is the Ai is a joke. I can take down Elite anacondas in my viper - erm no, that should not happen, not with my flying skills.

324. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 24, 2014, 19:41 Lorcin

Merry PEW PEW Christmas Elite Dangerous thread!  

315. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 23, 2014, 13:52 Lorcin

In gamma 2 rare trading made me a lot of credits quickly - I know it's been nerfed but I don't fully know how much. If you haven't come across it before rares are commodities only sold at one station and are worth more the further you go from your starting point. In general their value goes from say 935cr/t to buy to around 20,000cr/t once you take them about 140ly. That means if you were carrying 17t you'd make 324k for the run.

Looking at the latest data you can happily do it in a cobra or better an asp with a long jump distance - the maximum amount of each type you can have at once seems to be 23t so Type 6 maybe overkill.

This was a very good resource back in gamma and it looks to have been expanded on greatly since then.

In general I'd use the spreadsheet to pick a starting location then try and plot a nice roundtrip of 7 or 8 types of rare. Load up a fuel scoop and you're good to go. The nerf may not be that bad as it mean's you can use a full combat ready ship to make that kind of money trading.

287. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 22, 2014, 09:14 Lorcin

Someone tried to gank me! I must have hit open play for once as I'm normally solo and see a player come in. No scan just opened up with his cobra on me (I'm not wanted anywhere - ask my wife). Ok let's play I think as his ranked Harmless.

After 30 seconds or so I look to see how his shields are and I'm surprised their still full so the guy must have had shield cell banks (2 54k gimballed beam laser do at least 50% damage in that time).

Notice mine are about half so pop one of my shield cells. 10 seconds later I need another one which when I noticed - he had a bloody friend with him.

At the point I take the sensible option, hit the afterburners, turn off flight assist, put full power to shields, start using manuvering
thrusters to not fly straight and hit the FSD.

Was kinda fun but I'm not going up against 2 humans at once in my first fight against real people!

284. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 22, 2014, 04:44 Lorcin

Sounds like you're ship never recalculated the jump range once you were in system. Weird as I know the display show's the decreasing distance. Might be worth ticketing it as a bug.  

282. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 21, 2014, 15:53 Lorcin

Quboid wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 13:21:

There was no line between my local star and my target on the Galaxy Map presumably because the stars were just out of range for my ship. Does that mean it is never jumpable even though I closed the distance?

To the best of my knowledge the nav tab doesn't show jumps completely out of range (or >20ly if you can jump that far). I doubt you truly closed the distance that much - even travelling at 1000c it would take nearly 9 hours to cover 1ly.

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2014, 16:24.

1124 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo