Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1136 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer
3. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer Feb 20, 2015, 21:45 Lorcin

TL:DW Actually got so bored by the guys voice halfway through the video I turned it off. That doesn't bode well.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence
15. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 13, 2015, 22:44 Lorcin

You remember John Romero? Imagine Daikatana had somehow been a hit. John Romero would now be the same as Molyneux.

This ego-maniacal attention whore can't even let his slide into obscurity go without a press junkette.

Molyneux is going to make you his bitch. But then make excuses why he failed to deliver, then promise to disappear from the gamers eye.

This is movie villain 101 - he is going to come back with one last big play which won't work.

(just for reference I really loved some of his games when they came out - I'm sorry it's ending so ignominiously for him)

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Feb 9, 2015, 22:57 Lorcin

I really wanted to love Wildstar - it had a LOT of improvements over the basic WoW model. That said it was just too cartoony. I accept WoWs graphically style because it does present a world with real presence and lore.

Wildstar is full on Saturday morning cartoon time. If it ever had a niche it would be set somewhere between Toontown and WoW. Such a shame they aimed at pre-teens rather than adults.

News Comments > Activision Financials; Treyarch Making This Year's CoD
4. Re: Activision Financials; Treyarch Making This Year's CoD Feb 5, 2015, 20:55 Lorcin

Cutter wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 20:00:
Yes, but would they have larger sales if it was every two years? Absence makes the heart grow fonder. After two plus years without a game property you like you definitely have more of an itch for it. Look at GTA5 45 million sales and it hasn't even launched on PC yet. I dunno about you but I'm itchy as hell for some new Fallout and TES.

Not that I have any interest in CoD/BF anyway, but it's like with annual Ass Creed games, I'm burnt out on them now. No thanks, time for something exciting and new, much like The Love Boat.

As an adult your point is more than valid - we'd rather have an exceptionally crafted game every few years than a yearly update of the same shit.

CoD/BF/Ass Creed are not games aimed at adults though - these are aimed at the pewdiepie generation of gamers. 12-16 year olds eat this rubbish up thinking they are in gaming Mecca. The constant rehashing of the same game means nothing because PIRATES, POWER ARMOUR, MECHS etc etc etc.

Happily there are a lot of companies who do eschew this practise of shovelware but Blizision is one who succeeds at doing both.

News Comments > Into the Black
20. Re: Into the Black Jan 28, 2015, 01:12 Lorcin

Can I just go out on a limb here and say female comedians aren't funny?

Just to qualify that statement I should probably point out that my wife of 16 years agrees with me even though she has a masters degree in Feminist Literature from Cambridge.

#Ghostbrastures?

News Comments > Roberts: Star Citizen Will "Probably" Pass $100M; Release Schedule Expanded
64. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 22, 2015, 22:26 Lorcin

I have played X wing with 2 people manning it. Me on the keyboard and my rather young friend learning joystick (2 buttons). We did clock it and it honestly was fun but is it an experience I want to repeat with a stranger online?

No not really - I don't have a two button joystick now. I have a metric butt load of buttons under my fingertips and voice control if I run out of buttons.

Multi crew ships are a nice idea but realistically the lag Picard had on TNG rather than doing it himself was awful (seriously I only use voice control for non-essential functions like "Landing Gear" rather anything urgent like "Fire" or "Raise Shields").

Quintessential example of this. In Elite Dangerous Supercruise you will hit your target (not overshoot) every time if you reduce power to 75% when you are 7 seconds from your destination. I have an analogue throttle so use a button (surprisingly 7) mapped to override the throttle to 75%. That button is also mapped on my joystick. I also have it set up in Voice Attack for the command "Seven" as well as my ED:VA packs default commands of "three quarters impulse" "set main drive seventy fire percent" etc etc. Point is every single time I use the joystick button.

So for you to try it for yourself see which you can do faster say "three quarters impulse" or press the number 7 on your keyboard. Now imagine when you say "three quarters impulse" you're actually saying it online to somebody in a different house who has to hear it, understand and then press the 7 button.

Multicrew ships will lose every time against solo pilots unless they make solo playing impossible.

Only way I can see this being fun for the non-captain is if they're the engineer solving a cross between pipemania and tetris to reroute power as needed.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sells > 1M
16. Re: Alien: Isolation Sells > 1M Jan 22, 2015, 00:55 Lorcin

Oh for gods sake. Thanks alien fans - handing sega 1m dollars just bankrolled another 6 Sonic games.

Survive sitting through them if you dare.

News Comments > Cross-Platform Windows 10 Fable Legends Announced
16. Re: Cross-Platform Windows 10 Fable Legends Announced Jan 22, 2015, 00:51 Lorcin

Oh Hai PC guys! You know that Franchise that started bad, and got way way worse. Now you get the latest version and the good news is you get to play with it sweary children.

K THX BYE

Microsoft

News Comments > Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans
58. Re: Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans Jan 22, 2015, 00:47 Lorcin

Julio wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 21:50:
wtf_man wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 20:52:
Wow... the phone home crap is just getting ridiculous. I don't want One Drive storing / synching my shit, nor "Bing search" on everything embedded in Windows, nor Cortana telling MS everything I'm doing.

One Drive is a complete POS. So is Bing search. Hopefully they get hit by antitrust for bundling crapware.

I used bing once - didn't have a choice was a fresh install and was searching for chrome. Not realising the Ads took up half the Bing search page and being tired I promptly installed malware on my daughters PC <5 mins after it booted to windows the first time.

News Comments > Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans
57. Re: Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans Jan 22, 2015, 00:45 Lorcin

Woot now I can play Ryse in it's proper cinematic 900p on my 1440p monitor - thank god I don't have to put up with my PC being faster and a better resolution anymore.  

News Comments > More on Windows 10 and Xbox
14. Re: More on Windows 10 and Xbox Jan 22, 2015, 00:18 Lorcin

I'm 40. Why in gods name would I want to talk to anybody on Xbox Live. Surely the upper age limit on that is 19 before people realise they're in the online equivalent of a kindergarten playground?  

News Comments > Saints Row IV: Gat out of Hell Released
12. Re: Saints Row IV: Gat out of Hell Released Jan 20, 2015, 21:27 Lorcin

I love SR 2-4 (except the purple - hate that colour, don't want my gang in it). I burnt through SR4 again on the free weekend before buying it (kid distracted me with wow for 4 hours which meant I din't finish it in time).

That said I'm reading elsewhere this is a 3 hour game/expansion so not paying that much for it (I have general rule of thumb is games should cost less per hour than the average cinema price).

As for they have no ideas where to take this franchise - are you kidding me???? This is Violition they made freespace, they left the saint's in space, the space sim is making a big time comeback.

True spaceships with dildos aren't really a thing but the Saint's humour and characters crossed with an semi-open (forget galaxies focus on fun) space sim could be awesome. I want to replace the laser on my starter ship with Britney Spears guns which play "Toxic" so loudly into my targets ship the occupants commit suicide.

News Comments > Into the Black
16. Re: Into the Black Jan 19, 2015, 21:23 Lorcin

2041 hr but it LIEEEES!!!!

For instance steam says I've never played darksiders - I've completed it twice!

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders
70. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 18, 2015, 00:43 Lorcin

Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 00:28:

I do find it ironic the people who bitch about requiring an internet connection to play a video game spend a ridiculous amount of time bitching on the internet. Far more time than they ever would have spent playing the game.

I'm getting pretty sick of the whole "My internet is dodgy" argument too.

In fact I can literally put it into a first world problem "I have 140Mbps download but my powerline adapters restrict me to 84Mbps. Couple that with the simple fact my powerline adapters will drop me offline for at least 30 seconds per hour and you'll understand the hell I'm living in"

I'm sure there are people around the world who don't have a decent internet connection - but they either have more important things to buy than GTA or their paid a lot to be there.

19. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 16, 2015, 21:00 Lorcin

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 20:56:
Since you mention it my panties are wet and this is 60 dollars well spent. You don't deserve a fine game like this. Go back to playing Captain rainbow Or the Sims and leave us gamers alone.

Unless you have bladder problems....

News Comments > Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons IP Sold
1. Re: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons IP Sold Jan 16, 2015, 20:55 Lorcin

Translation 505 Games just bought a one off game nobody ever wanted a sequel too. Brothers was a beautifully told one off nice evenings worth of gaming.

More isn't needed, wanted, called for or indeed easy to put into plot:

SPOILER

One of the brothers dies at the end of the first game. Are 505 planning you play as the surviving brother and a zombie?

News Comments > MS: Windows 10 "Best" OS Ever Created for Gamers
70. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 16, 2015, 20:50 Lorcin

Bundy wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 20:45:
None have survived it b/c their revenue depended on a console success. Microsoft can afford to fail more than twice and still be fine, they still have 80bn in revenue every year from their other departments.

That said, I really wish they'd throw way more resources into PC game development. Hopefully next week is the beginning of something.

Oh they can afford to fail twice just not in a row - and 3 times out of 4. Xbox was never a big profit earner. 360 did well. XBone is tanking. Next one sucks and it won't just be a huge management overhaul. They'll shut it down.

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2015, 20:57.

16. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 16, 2015, 20:42 Lorcin

Rofl before discount they want what the PS3 version cost on release over here. It goes for literally half that now second hand.

Even if I hadn't already finished it there's not a chance in hell I'd pay full price for a late port (after all they don't even lose a cut to Sony/MS this time - in real terms their making more per sale at this price).

They should be charging half the current price simply as an apology for being so damn late to market.

68. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 16, 2015, 20:36 Lorcin

It's a long way off but I really hope Sony win the NEXT console war. They've won this one hands down and if MS fuck it again next time that will probably be the end of Xbox - no console manufacturer has survived two shitty consoles in a row.

Once they are forced to shut down the Xbox division I think Microsoft will throw all their resources and game studios behind PCs just to try and stop Sony monopolizing the market.

Weird to think the best thing I can do to help PC gaming is to subscribe to PS+ on my PS3 (give sony money to build a better next gen).

41. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 16, 2015, 12:25 Lorcin

Ludomancer wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 12:05:
I'd still be happily using winNT if MS just didn't let it go extinct. Someone tell me now: What's been introduced since NT that couldn't have been done so in a patch?

Well 64 bit support on the kernal might be a bit hard to patch in. Oh and which version of NT do you mean after all technically XP is Windows NT 5.1 and Windows 8.1 is NT 6.3.

1136 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo