Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1007 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Oct 3, 2013, 23:03 Lorcin

Is this just me being drunk or the fact our fridge is being replaced in 6-10 hours really sad. Seriously the big white guy has been here for 12 years - none of my kids can remember us not having it (eldest is 14).

It's been this big looming beer giver for a quarter of my life and for some reason I feel we should give it a proper burial not give it to the guys delivering the new one as something to recycle.

Just pulled a final luke warm cider from it (it's been off for 12 hours) and actually toasted it.

Frdige worship takes on a whole new level when you send the object of worship off to the recyc centre.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Oct 3, 2013, 22:29 Lorcin

GRRR bought FFVII again 10 days ago for full price. Yes I've played it for 30+ hours in 10 days but still!!!!

BTW if you pick it up - install Tifa's Package. It's nowhere near as complex as it seems and does a lovely update on the game!

Myself? Just hit disc 3/northern crater and Master Tonberry is kicking my arse. Time to level up - or finish GTA V!

News Comments > X Rebirth Trading Trailer
32. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 21:46 Lorcin

Personally I like researching stuff online - yes there is very little hand holding in-game. But I'm a big boy, I always figure it out or google it.

OFC space games can feel repetitive - so do JRPGs. But they exist to provide an experience. The longest mainstream game recently was Skyrim - which for me had very little plot, no characters and hugely repetitive game play (go dungeon, clear dungeon, go back to quest giver).

The X games are the thinking man's sandbox - except thanks to the difficulty curve they are more like the ultimate broken glassbox.

Preordered

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions?
5. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 23, 2013, 21:17 Lorcin

I play GTA to be the gone postal mad motherfucker in a normal world. I have no interest in being in a world populated by Trevors.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 20, 2013, 22:00 Lorcin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 20:33:
Unless they charge $120 for games out of the gate ....

Stop giving them ideas!!!

News Comments > Amazon.de Lists PC Grand Theft Auto V
6. Re: Amazon.de Lists PC Grand Theft Auto V Sep 20, 2013, 21:59 Lorcin

gta v pc is like having a 13 year old son. we all know he's cumming but nobody has brought it up in public yet.  

News Comments > SimCity Cities of Tomorrow Announced
2. Re: SimCity Cities of Tomorrow Announced Sep 19, 2013, 21:51 Lorcin

Living in a city in a future imagined by EA? RATED M FOR SCARY AS FUCK BITCH!  

News Comments > WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst
47. Re: WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst Sep 13, 2013, 03:18 Lorcin

Cutter wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 21:04:

What on earth made you ask that question specifically - double post aside. That's such a strange, yet fascinating question. I bet Jules Verne would have known. Can I use it? I'll write a children's book titled that and about it. A little boy decides to go to the moon and needs to find how many jars of marmalade it would take to cover it.

Knock yourself out (yes) - as to why I asked the question. That answer is far less thought provoking, cheap Walmart/Asda cider!

44. Re: WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst Sep 12, 2013, 20:49 Lorcin

How many jars of marmalade would it take to cover the moon?

(double post)

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2013, 20:54.

43. Re: WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst Sep 12, 2013, 20:43 Lorcin

Have to add the immaturity of today's fresh blood is maybe causing a problem.

I NEVER roll tank first in an MMO - I put up with the wait times and learn the game. Then play tank. I'm playing FFXIV ARR atm and started a tank after my first dungeon as dps - because that first dungeon had THE WORST TANK EVAH!!!111!!!! whatever. Seriously the guy was so bad after only 8 hours into the game I thought - christ if he can do it I'll own this shit!

I'm seeing people called "Beyonce Knowles" and "Only Me" run past whilst getting guild invites from "Miley Cirus" looking for mature players.

I can hazard a guess into why this is happening but really please can we keep kung fu panda/miley cirus et all on the damn consoles???

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2013, 20:56.

News Comments > BattleForge Closing After Next Month
10. Re: BattleForge Closing After Next Month Sep 7, 2013, 20:04 Lorcin

Sorry for the people who enjoy it but their post does start:

"Skylords,"

I really can't take that name seriously - I couldn't even before I remembered Skylanders.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 GOTY Announced; Game May Set 2K Sales Record
9. Re: Borderlands 2 GOTY Announced; Game May Set 2K Sales Record Aug 28, 2013, 19:17 Lorcin

It's Borderlands 1.5 really. They didn't change much just tweaked and added a plot/protagonist really. It's the first game done right - but given I loved the first and have 242 hours in game for BL2 that's a good thing (a LOT of that time was leaving my mechromancer paused with 200 stacks whilst I worked/slept)  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday
32. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 12, 2013, 22:15 Lorcin

nin wrote on Aug 12, 2013, 20:56:
GTA and Saint's Row occupy a weird space in my game collection - for the shooting I use KB+M but as I hit E to hijack a car I switch to gamepad to drive.

I was the same way with flight in SR3. Thankfully, you could easily switch back and forth...

Yeah unless your shooting takes >10 mins and when you jump in a vehicle you realize your controller has powered down and turning it on crashes the game. No lie happened today - probably cause I smacked the xbox button with accelerate already held down.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday
29. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 12, 2013, 20:35 Lorcin

I have 0 interest in GTA V on PC simply because Rockstar's ports are garbage.

I hope you guys are right and it comes to next gen before PC because I wanna play the game, I hate the PS3 load times and know it'll be a slideshow on my PC.

GTA and Saint's Row occupy a weird space in my game collection - for the shooting I use KB+M but as I hit E to hijack a car I switch to gamepad to drive. Only games I remember using both - even borderlands I drive on KB+M but they do some weird snap to mouse steering!

News Comments > John Carmack Joins Oculus VR
81. Re: Into the Black Aug 7, 2013, 21:02 Lorcin

Honestly the last iD game I REALLY enjoyed was Quake 2. Quake 3 was fun - but I preferred Unreal Tournament. As for Rage? we all assumed Borderlands was a rip off of Rage based on the Rage's earlier release announcement.

But then BL came out first and showed iD how they could have improved things whilst using competitively weaker graphics.

Now we have BL2 which is generally considered BL1 done right - or BL1.5

So where does that leave Rage, iD and it's employees.

The last game they made that I enjoyed is 16 years old. Seriously my 14 year old daughter wasn't even born the last time I really enjoyed an iD game. I know that sounds like I'm stating the obvious, but picture all the nappies, learning to walk, first day at school etc right up to having a boyfriend for over a year. That's how long it is since I really enjoyed an iD game. Practically an entire childhood.

There is no doubt Carmack is a technical genius and I'm sure he'll bring a lot to OR. As for iD? it's franchises are worth more through nostalgia value then they are as sell-able properties. iD is PC's Sega.

News Comments > John Carmack Joins Oculus VR
78. Re: Into the Black Aug 7, 2013, 20:41 Lorcin

[VG]Reagle wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 20:16:
Carmack Screwed us!
chug-a-lug ... chug-a-lug
He screwed us good...
Quakeworld ring a bell?
Grape wine in a Mason jar...
wheres that bucket of tar?
Carmack Screwed us!
and then he fucking doed us...
He screwed us on Doom 2...
and on quakeworld too...
chug-a-lug ... chug-a-lug..
Quake 2 we were hitting the weed
Then he gave the dick to steed...
chug-a-lug ... chug-a-lug...
Took the cash from our pockets
Wasted the money on rockets
chug-a-lug ... chug-a-lug...
Carmack Screwed us!
He screwed us good..

That's nice

Now fuck off.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Jul 21, 2013, 22:07 Lorcin

nin wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 21:28:
Cutter wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 21:19:
Blood Dragon won. If you don't get it now, just quit gaming altogether. And CoJ: Gunslinger is up for a vote for that and grab it for 10 bones when it wins because it's totally worth it.

PRESS ENTER TO DEMONSTRATE YOUR ABILITY TO READ

Loved Far Cry 3 - hated blood dragon. That neon graphics mod made my eyes bleed.

Anyone else notice the Borderlands 2 Season Pass is still only 33% off - was 66% earlier in the sale!

News Comments > New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced
34. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 22:48 Lorcin

/hugs the itburn troll. Very nice job squire, I'm still tempted to wade into your trolltastic fight.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Limited Edition
5. Re: Watch Dogs Limited Edition Jul 18, 2013, 22:41 Lorcin

Kinda off topic but from this announcement "Xbox OneŽ, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft" and from Capcom's Strider announcement "Xbox OneŽ, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft".

Has nobody told microsft yet that advertising yourself as 'an all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft' will turn consumers off in droves? This is like Philip's CDI all over again.

News Comments > MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks
84. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 19, 2013, 20:09 Lorcin

For me this is a huge announcement in a rather off tangent way. What it says is M$ will implement a last minute on disk drm which will be cracked very early as it wasn't built into the system from the ground up.

Why does that interest me? Not because I wanna pirate games - I'll happily pay for the exclusives. I just don't want to pay for the hardware - I have enough boxes under my TV and hate Kinect.

Once the hardware is cracked porting their x86 based software onto our x86 hardware should be childs play.

I like the idea of being able to pick up a copy of halo 5 and playing it on my pc!

1007 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo