Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1019 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Dec 28, 2013, 18:45 Lorcin

Brothers is confusing my poor little cranium!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2013, 16:37 Lorcin

oi Morrisette THIS is ironic  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth
81. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 16, 2013, 09:43 Lorcin

dj LiTh wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 09:22:
So then i go ahead and unplug it and go for the m+kb, ok not so bad, infact its pretty responsive flying the ship, until you realize that the game is built around a controller with menu after menu after menu to click on, which is hampered by the fact that you can steer your ship at the same time. As Creston said earlier, click on an enemy with your mouse, which you need to be using to looking at an enemy.

All the menus are select-able by numbers 1-6 - it says which number by the option. For instance to instantly get back to your ship from the stations it's Enter-5-5.

I'm liking it overall but there are problems, no radar, don't like walking around the stations. Freighter can get itself in a knot.

Still will stick with it - time absolutely flies when I'm playing.

54. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 15, 2013, 16:05 Lorcin

D4rkKnight wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 16:00:
Patch seems to have slowed down the game for me by at least 10-15%, had to lower my resolution from 1920x1080 down to 1440x900 just to keep a reasonable framerate.

I really hate how the highways are full of fake traffic and basically its just a slipstream minigame to speed out of it. The ships in the highway never seem to exit or exist outside of just traveling inside of it.

Yeah somebody liked finding nemo!

47. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 15, 2013, 15:00 Lorcin

What did you do egosoft????? my performance was fine until the 1.12 patch (i say fine - I mean playable).

BTW Cyborg Fly 5 stick works fine give or take having to use joy2key to manage the hat.

News Comments > X Rebirth Launch Trailer
36. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2013, 20:46 Lorcin

Stupid bloody global release - doesn't unlock here until midday. I wouldn't normally mind but as tomorrow is my only day off in the middle of 12 days working I'd much rather have played all night or got up early to play.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs
13. Re: Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs Nov 6, 2013, 22:56 Lorcin

So in order we had:

WOW: Quite successful generic fantasy MMO
BC: Mainly disappointing demon land
WOTLK: Awesome norse inspired land (and series high)
BC: Should've been free update to original territories (they could take the cash hit then and done it for free instead of charging)
MOP: Kung fu panda inspired kid friendly shite

If they announce an expansion I want a greek mythology inspired setting going up against wow's version of Hades - they need to get their epic back on.

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed
15. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed Oct 31, 2013, 22:35 Lorcin

gameplay looks shockingly bad  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham Origins
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham Origins Oct 25, 2013, 18:13 Lorcin

Got done by the Burnley comm tower too. Oh and one after the deathstroke fight where none of the doors opened.

Somebody better call up Patchman to save the day.

News Comments > CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM
21. Re: CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM Oct 23, 2013, 21:24 Lorcin

lol was thinking I'd have to move the ram from my old alienware into this semi-econ box as it only has 8 gigs. Then I remembered I only clicked on this on this thread for the comedy comments and have no interest at all in playing CoD.  

News Comments > The Crew Delayed
5. Re: The Crew Delayed Oct 15, 2013, 23:50 Lorcin

U(bisoft) ARE NOT PREPARED  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 14, 2013, 18:09 Lorcin

Weird - was browsing around ocaholic after the link here and came across their GPU charts:

http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=1106

Have a look at Page 14 - it's a 404 but still......

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Oct 3, 2013, 23:03 Lorcin

Is this just me being drunk or the fact our fridge is being replaced in 6-10 hours really sad. Seriously the big white guy has been here for 12 years - none of my kids can remember us not having it (eldest is 14).

It's been this big looming beer giver for a quarter of my life and for some reason I feel we should give it a proper burial not give it to the guys delivering the new one as something to recycle.

Just pulled a final luke warm cider from it (it's been off for 12 hours) and actually toasted it.

Frdige worship takes on a whole new level when you send the object of worship off to the recyc centre.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Oct 3, 2013, 22:29 Lorcin

GRRR bought FFVII again 10 days ago for full price. Yes I've played it for 30+ hours in 10 days but still!!!!

BTW if you pick it up - install Tifa's Package. It's nowhere near as complex as it seems and does a lovely update on the game!

Myself? Just hit disc 3/northern crater and Master Tonberry is kicking my arse. Time to level up - or finish GTA V!

News Comments > X Rebirth Trading Trailer
32. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 21:46 Lorcin

Personally I like researching stuff online - yes there is very little hand holding in-game. But I'm a big boy, I always figure it out or google it.

OFC space games can feel repetitive - so do JRPGs. But they exist to provide an experience. The longest mainstream game recently was Skyrim - which for me had very little plot, no characters and hugely repetitive game play (go dungeon, clear dungeon, go back to quest giver).

The X games are the thinking man's sandbox - except thanks to the difficulty curve they are more like the ultimate broken glassbox.

Preordered

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions?
5. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Microtransactions? Sep 23, 2013, 21:17 Lorcin

I play GTA to be the gone postal mad motherfucker in a normal world. I have no interest in being in a world populated by Trevors.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 20, 2013, 22:00 Lorcin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 20:33:
Unless they charge $120 for games out of the gate ....

Stop giving them ideas!!!

News Comments > Amazon.de Lists PC Grand Theft Auto V
6. Re: Amazon.de Lists PC Grand Theft Auto V Sep 20, 2013, 21:59 Lorcin

gta v pc is like having a 13 year old son. we all know he's cumming but nobody has brought it up in public yet.  

News Comments > SimCity Cities of Tomorrow Announced
2. Re: SimCity Cities of Tomorrow Announced Sep 19, 2013, 21:51 Lorcin

Living in a city in a future imagined by EA? RATED M FOR SCARY AS FUCK BITCH!  

News Comments > WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst
47. Re: WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst Sep 13, 2013, 03:18 Lorcin

Cutter wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 21:04:

What on earth made you ask that question specifically - double post aside. That's such a strange, yet fascinating question. I bet Jules Verne would have known. Can I use it? I'll write a children's book titled that and about it. A little boy decides to go to the moon and needs to find how many jars of marmalade it would take to cover it.

Knock yourself out (yes) - as to why I asked the question. That answer is far less thought provoking, cheap Walmart/Asda cider!

1019 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo