Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1006 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 13, 2012, 13:30 Lorcin

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 13, 2012, 12:43:
Yet again we see a large multi-national company with absolutely no cultural awareness. The term "cellular" simply isn't used in the UK; we use "mobile" or "mobile data". Rather than clarifying the situation they've just made it more confusing.

True but then again we also don't have 4g in this country yet - Ofcom isn't auctioning the frequencies until later this year.

Link

But yeah the normal assumption that the world speaks American English instead of proper English is a bit annoying.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Binary Domain Demo
12. Re: Binary Domain Demo May 12, 2012, 19:35 Lorcin

nin wrote on May 12, 2012, 19:17:
I giggled...but I'm also drunk right now.

Who said I was drunk???? Not like I ever drink and post shite on here.

PS The lorcin home-brewery is now producing some seriously good quality Ale for about 1/5 of the shop prices - I can't brew much until the Autumn but expect some seriously incoherent ramblings then.

News Comments > Binary Domain Demo
10. Re: Binary Domain Demo May 12, 2012, 18:23 Lorcin

If you woke up in bed with this game there's no way you'd tell your friends.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse May 11, 2012, 21:38 Lorcin

Prez wrote on May 11, 2012, 11:10:
It would be funny how ass-backwards and hypocritical Americans are if it weren't so sad.

Trust me - as a non american. It already is funny.

*edit* cut down quote cause it was even funnier with the context removed.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2012, 19:26 Lorcin

Loving the food sub-text on here, I've given up on the full blown american bbq restaurant over here. But we are getting pretty close to a pizza delivery company - costing is all done etc and I've got one signature base ("olive overload" - pizza dough infused with chopped black olives, a bit like olive Focaccia but topped with normal pizza stuff).

Just need the rest of the start-up cash and we'll be up and running. Profit margins seem to be HUGE apart from the cost of insuring the drivers to deliver fast food - if we can get a good quote on that we're going to go for it.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
25. Re: Morning Consolidation May 10, 2012, 19:11 Lorcin

So samsung have taken out sony in the TV market and are THE major contender in the crapple/iSheep department.

We going to see a Samsung console soon?

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year
86. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year May 4, 2012, 05:12 Lorcin

Dev wrote on May 3, 2012, 21:03:
Lorcin wrote on May 3, 2012, 19:30:
Can't get excited - was really cross after spending hours modding skyrim to bring it even close to pc standard to discover the UI mod meant I didn't get steam unlocks.
I'm sure there are saves avail to get the achieves. Or disable the mods, reload the game, and you probably will get the achieves anyway.

Thanks but just went in without using the Script Extender launcher and achieves are still locked.

78. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year May 3, 2012, 20:19 Lorcin

shinchan0s wrote on May 3, 2012, 20:12:
You can find pics here @ http://imgur.com/a/fO9Ty#0

First impression: It looks like WoW, but if any there's any IP than can be MMO-ized it's Elder Scrolls. Bioware just effed up bad with TOR. Not too keen on it though. I'll wait for TES6.

That looks like elder scrolls for 5 year old PCs/bottom of the range laptops. Couple that with a player run market and your actions having no real effect on the world.

Sorry but I'm out.

72. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year May 3, 2012, 19:30 Lorcin

Can't get excited - was really cross after spending hours modding skyrim to bring it even close to pc standard to discover the UI mod meant I didn't get steam unlocks.

It's a fantasy MMO.

The races looked pretty dated in Oblivion - the cat people in skyrim look like a expansion pack from EQ1.

It's directed by the guy from DaoC.

The MMO star is waning for me - I wanted to love SWTOR but I lasted 2 months.

Oh and I'd prefer fallout - had enough of elves to last a lifetime.

How about a race with 3 legs, or a cat based race that moves like a cat not a furry human? How about instead of orcs a sapient race with a disturbing number of legs rather than slightly elongated lower canines.

How about a game where a talented newcomer can run circles around someone who has played for years but sucks? No matter what the 'level'?

This comment was edited on May 3, 2012, 19:37.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed
23. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 18:53 Lorcin

Was drunk and pissed off about this after spending hours modding my copy to have some kind of non console ui.

This comment was edited on May 2, 2012, 02:28.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation May 1, 2012, 05:58 Lorcin

Couldn't care less about kinect - am really interested in getting my hands on the update to see if there a chance the files can be made to work with the PC. Again not for this one but if the first dlc is xbox exclusive and just contains some .bsa files....  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Apr 29, 2012, 19:49 Lorcin

There is a lot of wii games I do want to play - but it's so outdated and ugly it's not funny. Tonight I stuck a bluetooth adapter onto my pc and using hdmi and the dolphin emulator was playing wii in full hd on my telly. Much fun.

Point too note if a community written emulator can run wii games in full hd why can't the WII-U also upscale wii games to HD???

38. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2012, 19:01 Lorcin

Spoilers a joke nin, could only spoil it if you've never seen erm any movie ever.

But yeah there was a brief section after the animated bit of the credits. Don't bother sitting through the whole black and white crawl, there's nothing at the very end.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2012, 18:42 Lorcin

UK doesn't normally get film releases before the US but took the family to see The Avengers tonight. All five of us loved it - even the 11 year old girl who wasn't fussed about going.

Spoiler: The good guys win even though it doesn't look like their going to at one point.

Oh and still no cats so can't make crap dad joke of "I thought I THOR a puddytat"

News Comments > Diablo III Open Beta Weekend
158. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 22, 2012, 17:12 Lorcin

Played beta, got bored, now renaming it Diablows.

Next.

News Comments > Prey 2 Lives; Delayed
24. Re: Prey 2 Lives; Delayed Apr 19, 2012, 20:19 Lorcin

I ain't american so the whole indian shamen deal kinda left me cold and I really had to force myself through the first Prey. I'm hoping they can make Prey 2 somewhere between Portal and Half-Life and just drop the whole mystic bullshit and make a shooter which messes with your head.

I want Descent 4.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
29. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 16, 2012, 18:59 Lorcin

As an outsider of both the US and NZ this looks BAD. America is already pretty low on the popularity poll and then there are incidents like this where they just look awfully corrupt and like a bully.

News Comments > Epic Making PC Exclusive Game
73. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 9, 2012, 07:37 Lorcin

Kajetan wrote on Apr 9, 2012, 07:34:
No. For every popular MMO, there a quite a few freeshards. And IF there are no freeshards, not being able to "pirate" a game doesn't lead to instant success. More and more evidence suggests, that revenue and piracy are probably two isolated events.

I know but in their minds they think PC is riff with piracy and that's why it's not as profitable.

70. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 9, 2012, 07:18 Lorcin

MMO might be a possiblity. They have the cash from the licensing fees for UE3 and the >$1 billion the gears of war franchise has raised.

They were interested in buying APB back in late 2010 - so they have some interest in MMOs.

It would virtually get rid of any piracy factor.

If they did it F2P and micro-transactions it would let them knock out a low budget quick one which could test the scalability of UE4 and if it was a sucess they could keep adding to it.

MMO makes sense to me

25. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 18:09 Lorcin

Being able to run any UE3 game is the minimum standard for PC gaming atm. Having a game which I assume will be running on UE4 should set our PCs a new benchmark to last another 5 or so years.

If the rumours are true my 2 year old desktop should be able to hold it's own against a PS4 - anything Epic release now is just going to confirm or disprove that.

1006 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo