Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1020 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success
46. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success Aug 31, 2012, 15:25 Lorcin

SimplyMonk wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 15:19:

Just because you left your keys in the car, doesn't mean that people aren't at fault for getting in and stealing your car. Yeah, it is a dumb move on your part, most insurance companies won't pay out for your policy and you might be held liable for what they do with that car, but it is still grand theft auto for the thief and they still go to jail if you press charges.

I'm sure whoever was responsible for the bug and the team that failed to catch it are catching their fair share of the flak internally at ANET for this.

A bit off topic but I did get back to my car the other day at a supermarket and realised I'd left the keys in the lock of the driver's door.

Like I always said - I don't need an alarm, the hyundai badge on the front stops anybody wanting to steal it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success
18. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success Aug 31, 2012, 12:14 Lorcin

I'm lvl 15 and quiet liking the insanity, especially in Overflow. For some reason every world event seems to be going off the whole time simultaneously there!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: History of Whistling Aug 26, 2012, 19:46 Lorcin

Sepharo wrote on Aug 26, 2012, 19:14:
Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 26, 2012, 17:48:
Assuming that is legit, it is pretty amazing. Hell, I'd be happy if I could just do a decent "cat whistle".

I know popular songs with whistling was kind of the point, but I was amazed at how many of those were in my own whistling repertoire. A few of them that I didn't even remember or know the origin of.

Totally missing the whistle solo from Mr Richard Cheese's Creep.

NSFW Lyrics :P

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2012, 19:05 Lorcin

Thanks for the comments the other day guys  

News Comments > Molyneux's Curiosity Renamed
13. Re: Molyneux's Curiosity Renamed Aug 26, 2012, 18:34 Lorcin

"Gullibility: Who's the biggest mug?"  

40. Re: removed Aug 20, 2012, 15:41 Lorcin

Offline for a couple of days but final word on this - when my mum first went into the coma we were shocked to find that her morphine drip was kept in a locked box under her pillow. We assumed it was to stop drug addicts stealing it.

A few days later the truth hit that it was locked for a much darker reason.

31. Re: removed Aug 20, 2012, 14:01 Lorcin

Cutter wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 13:56:
How the fuck do you know? Maybe his sons will grow up better adjusted because they didn't see their father waste away to nothing, dying slowly in extreme pain. Maybe they'll be proud that the old man had the stones to go out on his own terms. There's nothing selfish or cowardly about not wanting to suffer and not wanting others to suffer either. Asshole.

Bollocks - at any point my mum could have walked into the garden and thrown herself onto the high speed railink which goes past the house. She didn't not even when she told their was no hope as her liver was too full of cancer for her to have chemo. She lived every last second she could to the max and spent as much time as possible with her grandchildren. Even when she could no longer walk she got herself a mobility scooter and still went out with us.

When it did finally come the grieving process had already begun (she stayed in a coma for 10 days) and the family was fully prepared. It was not the sudden shock of a suicide which hits the remaining family like a train.

29. Re: removed Aug 20, 2012, 13:52 Lorcin

Yeah read nin's about possibly why he did it.

I still don't agree - my mum was diagnosed with cancer 4 years ago, she died 6 weeks later but it gave my kids the time to say goodbye and come to terms with it.

My father in law died of it 2 weeks ago. He was ill for a couple of weeks first, we visited on the Tuesday and he was frail but chatting to the kids. On the Wednesday he was taken into hospital and they found the cancer, come the Friday the decision had to be made to turn off the life support as both his liver and kidneys had failed. 9 hours before he passed he told us to tell the kids he loved them.

It was brutally fast but still gave the kids a brief amount of time to accept it was inevitable and gave both my wife and his wife a chance to say their final goodbyes.

23. Re: removed Aug 20, 2012, 13:41 Lorcin

Sorry but suicide is a selfish cowardly act - especially as his twin sons are only 12.

Maybe he didn't want them to go through watching him slowly die but to rip himself out of their lives will do way more harm in the long term.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Borderlands 2
50. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 23:01 Lorcin

nin wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 22:52:

All I could find was a minivan...really slow acceleration, so I had to really get a running start at them.

Thats cool - as long as you waited until late march and crashed into them after hitting a kerb too fast forcing the van into a uncontrollable roll. Mini(van) Spring Roll still works for murdering people.

48. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 22:55 Lorcin

Off topic but tbh it's not like it takes the world's greatest detective to point out:

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 22:35:
In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.

You should change your name to xXCaptainFingObviousXx

If the world weren't fucked we'd be out doing shit instead of being keyboard warriors because we're too damn scared to face off against the machine we all hate.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2012, 23:03.

44. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 22:49 Lorcin

nin wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 22:34:

I just ran over 4 people in Sleeping Dogs...and I'm pretty sure they had it coming. Well...at least 3 of them.

I hope you did it properly. The correct drunken late night response would be to run them over in a bus...whilst saying "look out here come the number 26. People Pavement Chow Mein".

40. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 22:21 Lorcin

BLAH BLAH BLAH

FUCK IT, I wanna shoot mutants in the face! I loved Borderlands purely because it was silly, fun and partly brutal. I don't play call of duty or modern warfare simply because I like to have fun with games and, for me, Borderlands crapped all over Rage and Fallout for the fun factor.

Any game where you can be assaulted by a midget with a shotgun who shots himself 6 foot backwards when he fires gets my vote!

I have to be politically correct every time I leave the house - when it's late night and I'm drunk I wanna let off steam and murder midgets!

News Comments > WoW Adding All Race Access
25. Re: lets get this party started Aug 17, 2012, 19:41 Lorcin

space captain wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 18:56:
SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN

ALL HAIL SPACE CAPTAIN THE ETERNAL KING OF TROLLS

ALL PRAISE BE TO SAMYAZA, AZAZEL, AMAZARAK, ARMEROS, BARKAYAL, KAKABEL, EZEKEEL, ARAKIEL, SHAMSIEL, SARIEL, AKIBEEL, TAMIEL, PENEMUE, KASDEJA, GADREEL, RAMUELL, DANEL, AZKEEL, SARAKNYAL, ASAEL, BAtRAAL, ANANE, ZAVEBE, SAMSAVEEL, ERtAEL, TUREL, YOMVAEL, URAKABARAMEEL

News Comments > WoW Adding All Race Access
24. Re: lets get this party started Aug 17, 2012, 19:05 Lorcin

I'm a tad confused - surely this means that also need to open up Po's sorry the Pandorian starting area to everyone whether they have the expansion or not. Same holds true for the worgen I guess.

PS Me like many other nether knew nor cared that pandorians were in warcraft lore 6 years before the first Kung Fu Panda movie. Learning it know changes nothing.

News Comments > Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches
33. Re: Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches Aug 16, 2012, 19:39 Lorcin

Can we get some grammar nazis in here please?

I'm sorry to ask but how the hell is Uplay pronounced? I know how they want us to pronounce it "You Play", but every fibre of my being tells my they've spelt it "UpLay".

Then again it's ubisoft so I guess I should accept their twats French.

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs Footage
17. Re: Sleeping Dogs Footage Aug 13, 2012, 06:36 Lorcin

nin wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 21:51:
You're really going to judge the entire game based on that?

No I'l wait for the reviews like normal - I just stopped watching the video with the inane commenter.

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs Footage
9. Re: Sleeping Dogs Footage Aug 12, 2012, 21:02 Lorcin

Stopped at about 1m when the giant fish tank got smashed and the protagonist didn't even stumble from the weight of the water.

I'd normally ignore that except the idiot commentator went "that's impressive".

update: went to check the time and then noticed the 100+ gallons of water disappear in <2 secs.

There's suspension of disbelief and just sloppy design. If they can't program a tank that big exploding why add it - and what does that mean for the rest of the game?

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2012, 18:47 Lorcin

Latest news from the failympics. We're now filling the empty seats with soldiers - trouble is nobody has told them this is a covert mission to make it look like people are there so the soldiers in question are all in full camo inside the stadiums.

Seriously couldn't make this up

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2012, 19:23.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2012, 18:42 Lorcin

Cutter wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 17:44:

Oh come on, that was funny. "One number eight..." Haha!

No that was rubbish - but hey at least you bothered to type it all out.

1020 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo