Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1046 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
89. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 20:43 Lorcin

Prez wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 11:07:
I'm very likely the only Avenged Sevenfold fan on these boards (I would bet the only metal fan in general) but I still thought I would post this video released today in conjunction with the game - it was pretty great.

Erm no, no your not. Going to see Stone Sour in <1 month with my wife, teenage daughter and her boyfried. Also got Download tickets for next year (Slipknot, Iron Maiden and Rammenstien headlining) for me, wife and eldest daughter - leaving her boyfriend behind that time, sharing tents is where I draw the line.

However about the video - Animation is BEYOND bad - that's like mid 90s shit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rocksmith Guitar and Bass Edition
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rocksmith Guitar and Bass Edition Oct 16, 2012, 22:19 Lorcin

Bass add-on should have been free for the US. I paid a lot to import it but now being royally screwed over both console and PC prices in the EU.  

News Comments > Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal
102. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 22:05 Lorcin

John wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 21:58:
Lorcin wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 21:25:
I only want local pricing - is that a big fucking ask?
No, I think it would be a good idea too but KS could do a lot of things to improve their site. I was just wondering if you knew about the PE before today because it sounded like you didn't have much time to decide. No biggie though, the game will be available for sale once it's finished and they may even keep Paypal open for those who missed the KS campaign.

Really polite and not drunk 21 units of alcohol version of saying it. Kickstarter needs to massively improve it's international appeal - there has been a LOT of games I would have supported aside from the fact I couldn't work out couldn't be bothered to find out what they wanted in my monetary terms.

99. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 22:01 Lorcin

nin wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 21:55:

They also offered paypal. Do they do currency conversion or not? I can't remember...

That's nice too - want to buy my alienware desktop for only 17,000,000BJP? Oh sorry do you know what that is in your local currency? Oh well fuck you - agree to buy it and we'll tell you what it costs.

97. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 21:57 Lorcin

Dev wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 21:43:
Google can help you with the pricing. In fact (just like math problems) it shows the answer right at the top of google, you don't have to visit any other sites. Check the links I posted.

Seriously why should I have to google prices - this is a major failing of kickstarter. OFC I could work out the prices myself etc but why should I.

95. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 21:47 Lorcin

nin wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 21:28:
A big fucking ask indeed!

I know - I'm a horrible person. How could I not want to know the current US>GBP exchange rate in my head. Of course I should instantly be able to convert the two currencies and it's ridiculous of me too want a website to list the price in my local currency.

92. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 21:25 Lorcin

John wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 21:21:
What were you doing waiting until the last 20 mins to decide if you wanted to back it?

Looked at what was offered based on my perceptions of what the UK/US exchange rate was (based on the last time i visited in 1997) and decided it wasn't worth pursuing

I only want local pricing - is that a big fucking ask?

Seriously?

88. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 21:14 Lorcin

nin wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 21:10:
I'm not 100% up there on exchange rates

xe.com/ucc

Funnily enough that's the site I used - but with 20 mins to go I totally couldn't be arsed to work out what they wanted in my local currency.

87. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 21:12 Lorcin

ASeven wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 21:08:
I've got a feeling publishers may be feeling a bit fearful now and that some big name developers are probably now starting to have their own ideas about going solo. Great times for the industry ahead.

Argue. This is the myspace/facebook/twitter of game development. Looks great on the surface but unless a Kickstarter funded game beats an elder scrolls/cod/mw etc at retail this is a VERY niche market.

84. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 21:08 Lorcin

Soz would have backed it if the $20 reward was still open. I'm not 100% up there on exchange rates atm but $25 pushed it into the "are you buying a piece of shite" territory.

Turns out the difference was 12 to 15 pounds. Maybe kickstarter should start localising currency.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed?
5. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 9, 2012, 22:59 Lorcin

Glad I skipped the season pass here - borderlands 2 became a real chore before I finished it.

I don't mind back tracking too early levels - but I'd really like to one shot the respawned bosses I beat at lvl 8 when I return at level 30.

News Comments > Lorne Lanning on Micro-Publishing
7. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 1, 2012, 22:01 Lorcin

Love Abe but hated Strangers - isn't the goal of selling 3-5 million odd world games a tad ambitious?

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2012, 22:43 Lorcin

Didn't have much to do tonight so the wife and I watched a stream of CBS for 80 minutes before "Big Bang Theory" started.

How the bloody hell do you follow a plot in the US??? There's a 30 second adbreak every minute or so - my favorite is the ad break you have before the credits.

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 2012, 23:17.

News Comments > Star Wars: the Old Republic Patched
9. Re: Star Wars: the Old Republic Patched Sep 27, 2012, 08:37 Lorcin

winnetou wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 05:44:

Depends on what you're looking for. I've kept my subscription active for operations (raiding) since I'm part of a nice team. 1.4 included a new operation and our first sample of it was fun.
Previous operations weren't terrible, just a bit stale after a few months of running them, even getting a near-full alt team to complete them. This is a good content pack if that's also your taste.
This update did not include the space missions, warzones or planet Makeb which were outlined as additional content we could expect over the course of this year.

Thanks for that

8. Re: Into the Black Sep 26, 2012, 23:58 Lorcin

ahh fuck - I hate it when my subconscious does that. My wife was a HUGE Eddie Izzard fan when we met in 1997 - guess I saw this video a long time ago.  

6. Re: Into the Black Sep 26, 2012, 23:26 Lorcin

jdreyer wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 20:08:
- A switch to a largely vegetarian diet worldwide to ensure enough food for everyone (see today's bacon shortage for evidence. Meat is an extremely inefficient protein for the resources expended)

That's the deal breaker for me. That said - couldn't we use the illegal babies as a meat source? Fatten them up for a few months on milk then toss em on the bbq. Meat crisis and overpopulation solved in one.

PS Yes I'm joking, and no I don't mean that.

News Comments > Star Wars: the Old Republic Patched
3. Re: Star Wars: the Old Republic Patched Sep 26, 2012, 23:07 Lorcin

I don't want f2p - but is there enough high end content to start paying for this again yet?

7. Re: Death gif Sep 25, 2012, 23:40 Lorcin

yonder wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 22:39:
I'm not surprised, at all, by gawker having a looping gif of someone dying as their headline. There is nowhere to low to go for Gawker. I am, however, surprised at Blue for linking to it. Did you somehow *NOT* see the headline image? Or are you okay with gifs that show someone plummeting to their death over and over and over and...

I was a ever so slightly disturbed by the guys dying in a loop too - but I kinda accept graphic death and violence is part of the daily news in America. It's what keeps the populous under control.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - The Amazing Spider-Man and DLC
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - The Amazing Spider-Man and DLC Sep 25, 2012, 22:58 Lorcin

"Duck season"
"Wabbit season"
"Duck season"
"Wabbit season"
"Duck season"
"Wabbit season"
"Duck season"
"Wabbit season"

*Tubbleweed rolls across shot*

Both: "Ahhh, movie tie-in season"

2. Re: Into the Black Sep 25, 2012, 22:14 Lorcin

This will be down very soon but check the piss poor photoshop job on simon cowell and carmen electra:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4557504/The-Electra-Factor.html

1046 Comments. 53 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo