Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1039 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal
88. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 21:14 Lorcin

nin wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 21:10:
I'm not 100% up there on exchange rates

xe.com/ucc

Funnily enough that's the site I used - but with 20 mins to go I totally couldn't be arsed to work out what they wanted in my local currency.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

87. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 21:12 Lorcin

ASeven wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 21:08:
I've got a feeling publishers may be feeling a bit fearful now and that some big name developers are probably now starting to have their own ideas about going solo. Great times for the industry ahead.

Argue. This is the myspace/facebook/twitter of game development. Looks great on the surface but unless a Kickstarter funded game beats an elder scrolls/cod/mw etc at retail this is a VERY niche market.

84. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 21:08 Lorcin

Soz would have backed it if the $20 reward was still open. I'm not 100% up there on exchange rates atm but $25 pushed it into the "are you buying a piece of shite" territory.

Turns out the difference was 12 to 15 pounds. Maybe kickstarter should start localising currency.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed?
5. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 9, 2012, 22:59 Lorcin

Glad I skipped the season pass here - borderlands 2 became a real chore before I finished it.

I don't mind back tracking too early levels - but I'd really like to one shot the respawned bosses I beat at lvl 8 when I return at level 30.

News Comments > Lorne Lanning on Micro-Publishing
7. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 1, 2012, 22:01 Lorcin

Love Abe but hated Strangers - isn't the goal of selling 3-5 million odd world games a tad ambitious?

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2012, 22:43 Lorcin

Didn't have much to do tonight so the wife and I watched a stream of CBS for 80 minutes before "Big Bang Theory" started.

How the bloody hell do you follow a plot in the US??? There's a 30 second adbreak every minute or so - my favorite is the ad break you have before the credits.

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 2012, 23:17.

News Comments > Star Wars: the Old Republic Patched
9. Re: Star Wars: the Old Republic Patched Sep 27, 2012, 08:37 Lorcin

winnetou wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 05:44:

Depends on what you're looking for. I've kept my subscription active for operations (raiding) since I'm part of a nice team. 1.4 included a new operation and our first sample of it was fun.
Previous operations weren't terrible, just a bit stale after a few months of running them, even getting a near-full alt team to complete them. This is a good content pack if that's also your taste.
This update did not include the space missions, warzones or planet Makeb which were outlined as additional content we could expect over the course of this year.

Thanks for that

8. Re: Into the Black Sep 26, 2012, 23:58 Lorcin

ahh fuck - I hate it when my subconscious does that. My wife was a HUGE Eddie Izzard fan when we met in 1997 - guess I saw this video a long time ago.  

6. Re: Into the Black Sep 26, 2012, 23:26 Lorcin

jdreyer wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 20:08:
- A switch to a largely vegetarian diet worldwide to ensure enough food for everyone (see today's bacon shortage for evidence. Meat is an extremely inefficient protein for the resources expended)

That's the deal breaker for me. That said - couldn't we use the illegal babies as a meat source? Fatten them up for a few months on milk then toss em on the bbq. Meat crisis and overpopulation solved in one.

PS Yes I'm joking, and no I don't mean that.

News Comments > Star Wars: the Old Republic Patched
3. Re: Star Wars: the Old Republic Patched Sep 26, 2012, 23:07 Lorcin

I don't want f2p - but is there enough high end content to start paying for this again yet?

7. Re: Death gif Sep 25, 2012, 23:40 Lorcin

yonder wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 22:39:
I'm not surprised, at all, by gawker having a looping gif of someone dying as their headline. There is nowhere to low to go for Gawker. I am, however, surprised at Blue for linking to it. Did you somehow *NOT* see the headline image? Or are you okay with gifs that show someone plummeting to their death over and over and over and...

I was a ever so slightly disturbed by the guys dying in a loop too - but I kinda accept graphic death and violence is part of the daily news in America. It's what keeps the populous under control.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - The Amazing Spider-Man and DLC
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - The Amazing Spider-Man and DLC Sep 25, 2012, 22:58 Lorcin

"Duck season"
"Wabbit season"
"Duck season"
"Wabbit season"
"Duck season"
"Wabbit season"
"Duck season"
"Wabbit season"

*Tubbleweed rolls across shot*

Both: "Ahhh, movie tie-in season"

2. Re: Into the Black Sep 25, 2012, 22:14 Lorcin

This will be down very soon but check the piss poor photoshop job on simon cowell and carmen electra:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4557504/The-Electra-Factor.html

News Comments > Gearbox Working on Fixing Your Badass in Borderlands 2
3. Re: Gearbox Working on Fixing Your Badass in Borderlands 2 Sep 25, 2012, 21:44 Lorcin

I'll let them tinker with my ass if I can tinker with their release date for Colonial Marines.  

News Comments > Castle Crashers on Steam This Week
8. Re: Castle Crashers on Steam This Week Sep 23, 2012, 22:48 Lorcin

I'll tell my son (10) when he gets home from school tomorrow. Kinda expecting him to have his first nerdgasm.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2012, 22:21 Lorcin

Beer flows as Germany kicks off Oktoberfest.

Beer and bosoms. If you can't enjoy that I'm not sure I'd care to know you.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 21, 2012, 12:26 Lorcin

I have a i7-920 and a AMD 5870. Looking at those benchmarks I'm not going to be upgrading when I finish paying for this one in may  

2. Re: Into the Black Sep 19, 2012, 23:15 Lorcin

I have to admit I kinda liked the trailer - except the blatantly prosthetic chin on one of the vertically challenged people.

That said I won't watch it until probably christmas 2014 when I can get all 3 films, cut the credits and recaps and make it back into one epic view. Boxing Day (dunno what yanks call it) for all 3 spliced together and recovering from a hangover sounds good to me.

There's no way I'll go to the cinema for this - I know the book too well and the book isn't worth 2 hrs little own 6+.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup
61. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 19, 2012, 04:29 Lorcin

ochentay4 wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 20:25:
Lorcin wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 12:37:
ochentay4 wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 12:20:
Why do you get to play the game today and I have to wait 2 days? WHYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

IF you've bought it via steam log out. Use a free vpn in america and sign back into steam. Steam will unlock the game, you can then log back out, shut down the vpn and log in as usual and it works.

Obviously use at your own risk when it comes to vpn choice.
Hi, I tried to do that but it doesnt work. I log with VPN on, I launch the game, i get to the menu, then log out, shut down the vpn, and when login on steam again cant launch, "preload ready" again.

oops may have missed a step - you might need to tell it to go to offline mode whilst in steam. Haven't done it since fallout new vegas and as I just hit 80 in gw2 I'm waiting until friday this time. Sorry

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup
21. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 18, 2012, 12:37 Lorcin

ochentay4 wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 12:20:
Why do you get to play the game today and I have to wait 2 days? WHYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

IF you've bought it via steam log out. Use a free vpn in america and sign back into steam. Steam will unlock the game, you can then log back out, shut down the vpn and log in as usual and it works.

Obviously use at your own risk when it comes to vpn choice.

1039 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo