Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1039 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched
73. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 21:24 Lorcin

Good thing is this made DMC and Dead Space 3 look like Oscar winners in comparison.

Still it WILL make money - I saw people picking it up in the supermarket today and wanted to scream "NOOOO the aggregate score is only 42/100" then I remembered I was in Asda (UK arm of Walmart) and people would not understand the word "aggregate".

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Brütal Legend Nears
15. Re: More Big Picture Details Feb 13, 2013, 21:09 Lorcin

Hmm interesting - hated the RTS elements on console when I hit it and the game gathered dust until I sold my xbox.

Now it has mouse control!

But Jack Black is even more annoying than ever.

Wish they'd made it straight action and got someone like Corey Taylor to do the main voice.

News Comments > Axl Rose's Activision Lawsuit Dismissed
11. Re: Axl Rose's Activision Lawsuit Dismissed Feb 10, 2013, 21:31 Lorcin

for god's sake cut him slack guys - his seriously ginger, of course he has major personality flaws  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Antichamber
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Antichamber Jan 31, 2013, 21:27 Lorcin

nin wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 20:59:
My problem is that while I love games like this, they always end up making me feel like a dumbass, when I can't solve things...

Self acceptance is the key to happiness

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer
3. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer Jan 30, 2013, 21:37 Lorcin

Who invited 2005's graphics to the party?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2013, 18:25 Lorcin

Just came across this - a banned episode of dexters lab:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TLN_ka1ZSDg

News Comments > THQ Sale Results?
5. Re: THQ Sale Results? Jan 23, 2013, 16:23 Lorcin

Shame about Vigil but Darksiders 2 was a bit meh - if that had been before it was released they'd have been snapped up.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 12, 2013, 23:19 Lorcin

Can we get a simple yes or no at the end? I know the answer is no but I totally couldn't be bothered to read the article.  

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
62. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 19:48 Lorcin

nin wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 16:51:
Alamar wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 16:36:
I guess this sickness has really gotten to me... I totally forgot this was coming...

-Alamar

Are you down with it?

Fucking quality post!

May I counter with: This NSFW gem

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2012, 20:01.

News Comments > Valve Living Room PCs Next Year?
46. Re: Valve Living Room PCs Next Year? Dec 9, 2012, 20:38 Lorcin

I'm intrigued - if it's a PC hooked to a TV that only supports a controller then no sale. If it has a full keyboard with a mouse locked into a box where the number pad normally is then I'd be very interested.  

News Comments > Intel Killing Off Desktop/Enthusiast PCs?
68. Re: Intel Killing Off Desktop/Enthusiast PCs? Nov 27, 2012, 16:26 Lorcin

I don't have much issue here. I'm putting in a 2nd gaming PC this year (first hardware I've bought since my Alienware 30 months ago). We're going for cheap so am building from scratch.

My biggest issue is I can buy an i5-3350 and H61 chipset mobo but I can't be sure they'll work together as the mobo may need a bios update to support the newer processor (needing an older processer which I don't have). So the cost of the mobo has doubled to make it based on a H77 chipset.

Selling them as one unit makes sense to me, like other people have said even gamers tend to replace the mobo and cpu together.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
98. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 22:35 Lorcin

RailWizard wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 22:24:

I like metal. That band you posted is elevator music tho. ;p This is metal.

Bit beyond me to be honest - it's just noise, there's no melody, chorus, verse or barley coherent beat.

Best guess is I'd stand there looking vaguely confused in the mosh pit whilst really excited people bounced off me.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - LEGO The Lord of the Rings
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - LEGO The Lord of the Rings Nov 13, 2012, 21:23 Lorcin

Why base it on the films? good as they were the books WERE better. I'd much rather play a 20 min Tom Bombadil level then watch an hour of closing cut-scene.

WTB Sharkey

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
89. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 20:43 Lorcin

Prez wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 11:07:
I'm very likely the only Avenged Sevenfold fan on these boards (I would bet the only metal fan in general) but I still thought I would post this video released today in conjunction with the game - it was pretty great.

Erm no, no your not. Going to see Stone Sour in <1 month with my wife, teenage daughter and her boyfried. Also got Download tickets for next year (Slipknot, Iron Maiden and Rammenstien headlining) for me, wife and eldest daughter - leaving her boyfriend behind that time, sharing tents is where I draw the line.

However about the video - Animation is BEYOND bad - that's like mid 90s shit.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rocksmith Guitar and Bass Edition
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rocksmith Guitar and Bass Edition Oct 16, 2012, 22:19 Lorcin

Bass add-on should have been free for the US. I paid a lot to import it but now being royally screwed over both console and PC prices in the EU.  

News Comments > Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal
102. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 22:05 Lorcin

John wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 21:58:
Lorcin wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 21:25:
I only want local pricing - is that a big fucking ask?
No, I think it would be a good idea too but KS could do a lot of things to improve their site. I was just wondering if you knew about the PE before today because it sounded like you didn't have much time to decide. No biggie though, the game will be available for sale once it's finished and they may even keep Paypal open for those who missed the KS campaign.

Really polite and not drunk 21 units of alcohol version of saying it. Kickstarter needs to massively improve it's international appeal - there has been a LOT of games I would have supported aside from the fact I couldn't work out couldn't be bothered to find out what they wanted in my monetary terms.

99. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 22:01 Lorcin

nin wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 21:55:

They also offered paypal. Do they do currency conversion or not? I can't remember...

That's nice too - want to buy my alienware desktop for only 17,000,000BJP? Oh sorry do you know what that is in your local currency? Oh well fuck you - agree to buy it and we'll tell you what it costs.

97. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 21:57 Lorcin

Dev wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 21:43:
Google can help you with the pricing. In fact (just like math problems) it shows the answer right at the top of google, you don't have to visit any other sites. Check the links I posted.

Seriously why should I have to google prices - this is a major failing of kickstarter. OFC I could work out the prices myself etc but why should I.

95. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 21:47 Lorcin

nin wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 21:28:
A big fucking ask indeed!

I know - I'm a horrible person. How could I not want to know the current US>GBP exchange rate in my head. Of course I should instantly be able to convert the two currencies and it's ridiculous of me too want a website to list the price in my local currency.

92. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 16, 2012, 21:25 Lorcin

John wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 21:21:
What were you doing waiting until the last 20 mins to decide if you wanted to back it?

Looked at what was offered based on my perceptions of what the UK/US exchange rate was (based on the last time i visited in 1997) and decided it wasn't worth pursuing

I only want local pricing - is that a big fucking ask?

Seriously?

1039 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo