Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1133 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Oculus Rift Specs
6. Re: Oculus Rift Specs May 15, 2015, 19:47 Lorcin

Yay my 18 month old pc meets it. 970 is slightly slower than my 780 TI!!!!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 13, 2015, 20:32 Lorcin

Out on a limb here but my guess is free first year, lifetime subscription next year, pay to play after that. The ground work has been there for YEARS. Remember that UAC shite we all turn off asap on a new build? That's going to be their paywall which we've beta tested for them for years.

Never being able to accept yes on a UAC without a subscription and having no option of disabling it will force a LOT of people into paying monthly rather than buying a license.

Again pure conjecture - but horribly feasible.

News Comments > More Fallout 4 Speculation
22. Re: More Fallout 4 Speculation May 11, 2015, 19:31 Lorcin

For me F3 was nicely scripted and, whilst offering the opportunity to go and explore, it had a plot which teased you into completing the game.

NV never grabbed me - for me the plot was too thin to carry from town to town. It was very much a case of wander from town to town doing side-plots whilst the main plot-line of "Who shot JR" just never engaged me.

Call me shallow but after about 30 hours of an RPG if there is no character/story progression it turns me off. F3 was based entirely on development quite literally from birth.

NV played more - in text adventure style: "You wake up with amnesia", Go outside, "The locals have errands for you", Go south, "You meet some army style people who don't kill you but have some errands for you", Go NE, "You meet army style people who do try to kill you".

To me FNV and Skyrim are the equivalents of MMO plots. You skip the dialogue to get to endgame - but with these single player rpgs there is nothing at endgame.

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
75. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 21:19 Lorcin

Talisorn wrote on May 6, 2015, 21:02:
Lorcin wrote on May 6, 2015, 20:59:
Talisorn wrote on May 6, 2015, 20:35:

Only if you go the optometrist and get an set of lenses made especially for you ... and there won't be too many geared up to doing that. There is no special magic that the Rift does to fix up your vision.

So your saying they can't accept that vision is offest by +/- an ammount and adjust for such?

For me it feels far more likely that OR could adjust their focus length than a dude on your high street could fashion you perfectly curved pieces of glass which improve matters.

It doesn't work that way. And neither do eyes. Many people have different strengths for each eye.

Cause again providing different focal lengths for different eyes should actually be an issue? I plug in OR and tell it my left eye is 13/20 and right 18/20 and it can't compensate - with the investment they've had????????

Surely it's cheaper to refocus each image than construct something that physically fits both Damn Edna's and Harry Potter's glasses?

73. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 20:59 Lorcin

Talisorn wrote on May 6, 2015, 20:35:

Only if you go the optometrist and get an set of lenses made especially for you ... and there won't be too many geared up to doing that. There is no special magic that the Rift does to fix up your vision.

So your saying they can't accept that vision is offest by +/- an ammount and adjust for such?

For me it feels far more likely that OR could adjust their focus length than a dude on your high street could fashion you perfectly curved pieces of glass which improve matters.

71. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 20:00 Lorcin

I want to level 0-100 in normal view then when I hit level cap I want to be able to raid in OR becuase my fingers know where to go.

I know just from picking up an x52 for Elite, or watching family members try and pass a QTE, you NEED to know where your controls are without looking.

Whilst I love the OR concept realistically it may be a better fit for console controllers than kb+m.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Car Mechanic Simulator 2015
10. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Car Mechanic Simulator 2015 Apr 25, 2015, 07:18 Lorcin

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 01:49:
I wasnt even aware of the 2014 version, prolly why it took me by suprise...wont happen again. Just someone alert me when they have video game simulator

We already have them - they're called Quick Time Events.

News Comments > GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups
2. Re: GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups Apr 22, 2015, 20:25 Lorcin

Grand Theft Account  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced
1. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced Apr 22, 2015, 20:01 Lorcin

Seriously how many Warhammer games do we need. I honestly can't keep track anymore.  

News Comments > TITAN X Available
18. Re: TITAN X Available Mar 17, 2015, 23:32 Lorcin

aoc q2770pqu  

News Comments > TITAN X Available
16. Re: TITAN X Available Mar 17, 2015, 22:15 Lorcin

Totally happy with 2560x1440 on a 27" for my desktop. Seems the perfect marriage of FPS and screen size.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End
53. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Mar 17, 2015, 21:09 Lorcin

There's a marked difference here between FTP and PTP. SWTOR is supposedly FTP but they're trying to wring the free players for ever cent. ESO is going the guild wars Purchase to Play system which rightly should include no more monetization than something like WoW.

For me they REALLY need a demo - I played the beta, all it did was inspire me to reinstall Skyrim again. As for SWTOR in launch month I got to max level cap and had raided all the content in the game - yeah I had fun but would I pay for a MMO I basically clocked by my goals in the first month?

News Comments > WBIE: No Five Armies DLC for LEGO Hobbit
1. Re: WBIE: No Five Armies DLC for LEGO Hobbit Mar 16, 2015, 23:03 Lorcin

Film was so bad even WB don't think they can cash in on it.

Maybe they couldn't make gravity defying elves and magically appearing battles goats realistic in the Lego world.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Mar 7, 2015, 21:25 Lorcin

Really? It's 25 years since my big sister came home tripping her nut off finding Loom the most funny/surreal thing she'd ever seen?

I feel old.

News Comments > Pay for WoW Game Time with Game Gold
27. Re: Pay for WoW Game Time with Game Gold Mar 2, 2015, 23:32 Lorcin

Love this - they're attacking the gold farmers by giving noobs cheap gold whilst rewarding veterans with free game time.  

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
5. Re: Ship Ahoy - Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty Feb 26, 2015, 23:11 Lorcin

You're probably right on the Monkeys - I've only really heard "Do I wanna know?" and comparing it lyrically to "Fake Tales of San Fransisco" or "When the sun goes down" maybe not fair.

That said watching their old live performances Turner has been changed a LOT. Aside from the huge image change he has learnt to play guitar standing up and no longer plays it like George Formby.

That kinda molding doesn't come without a price.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
1. Re: Ship Ahoy - Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty Feb 25, 2015, 23:15 Lorcin

Hmm don't like the new inflection on "Follow Me". Aside from that the trailer was so jump cut it was hard to see what was happening.

Just realized something btw - oddworld are like linkin park or arctic monkeys. Their first release was a edgy representation of how their life sucked (oddworld had their mouths stitched shut, linkin park raged at parents, monkeys slagged the record industry etc etc etc).

Trouble is - then they got money. The problems which made them relate-able weren't really problems any more and they lost the edge which made them popular.

10/15 years later and these guys are desperately clinging to the past, reissuing stuff which might as well have a sticker saying "Remember me? I was cool when you were younger. LOOOOOVVVVEEE MEEEE AGAIN"

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer
3. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer Feb 20, 2015, 21:45 Lorcin

TL:DW Actually got so bored by the guys voice halfway through the video I turned it off. That doesn't bode well.  

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence
15. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 13, 2015, 22:44 Lorcin

You remember John Romero? Imagine Daikatana had somehow been a hit. John Romero would now be the same as Molyneux.

This ego-maniacal attention whore can't even let his slide into obscurity go without a press junkette.

Molyneux is going to make you his bitch. But then make excuses why he failed to deliver, then promise to disappear from the gamers eye.

This is movie villain 101 - he is going to come back with one last big play which won't work.

(just for reference I really loved some of his games when they came out - I'm sorry it's ending so ignominiously for him)

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Feb 9, 2015, 22:57 Lorcin

I really wanted to love Wildstar - it had a LOT of improvements over the basic WoW model. That said it was just too cartoony. I accept WoWs graphically style because it does present a world with real presence and lore.

Wildstar is full on Saturday morning cartoon time. If it ever had a niche it would be set somewhere between Toontown and WoW. Such a shame they aimed at pre-teens rather than adults.

1133 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo