Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1030 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 15, 2014, 22:11 Lorcin

Cutter wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 21:53:

And how exactly does that work?

Not really rocket science. They've made a game hard or long enough to be confident that it can't be realistically completed within 24 hours of launch. In case they get caught they've then promised to use the hither too unknown power of t'interweb to arrange for food to be delivered to a specific location.

This unknown wizardry of getting food delivered online is probably where they should base their next game. "The legend of laziness" a old school rpg where you fight the nagging fear you've entered a wrong address whilst fending off the probing questions of your wife.

BTW is it a mark of adulthood that you go from "Are we there yet?" to "Is it here yet?" or even the dreaded "Are you finished?"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Launch Trailer
9. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Launch Trailer Oct 13, 2014, 22:28 Lorcin

don't mean to be negative but I downloaded this out of curiosity when it was <5gb online. BTW I have well over 400hrs clocked in the first two games.

No killer hook - that intro doesn't work at all for me, this isn't an intro which takes a game I'm a bit MEH about and makes me want to play. This is a MEH intro to a game I'm already doubtful about.

Bugs - like straight away! First character option gave me synopsis of her gameplay style, the next option asked which head I wanted to use!

I've doubted this all along but now this truly feels like a halfway point between an expansion and a DLC. Not going to play it unless it is CHEAP on steam but truly hope they get their shit together and deliver a proper BL3 on those "next-gen" paperweights.

News Comments > Costume Quest 2 Released
4. Re: Costume Quest 2 Released Oct 8, 2014, 00:24 Lorcin

Really like the first one it was a quirky distraction for 2 evenings. My son (currently 12) also loved it, and unlike me bothered with the dlc.

Gonna certainly watch the reviews on this one, unless double fine drop the ball for once I'll buy this.

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations
30. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 8, 2014, 00:18 Lorcin

For I=1 to game length {
Target=Random Captain;
WalkTo Target;
Engage Target;
If Target=<2 OtherCaptainsNearby Then Win Else Lose;
}

Sorry for mix of basic and c - still trying to learn c

Actually stopped playing this now and a large part of that was the repetition. Killer for me was getting to the new green area of Mordor (sayeth thou whaaaat?) And seeing an new entirely blank Sauren's army.

Back in the starter region some no name gimpy orc had somehow hit level 20 by my extreme bad luck. I'd run like a fat kid after a cupcake every time I saw him come the end, he did actually become a nemesis.

Tell me I've completed 11/20 main mission then wipe the orc slate clean whilst introducing another new flat small land but this time using green not brown as the default colour was the final straw for me.

Morale of this game: Nemesis system actually very good. Without it this would be a flat, dull, repetitive fantasy game.

I kinda feel like this was aimed at the PS3/360 gen of consoles visually. There are NO vistas - no real sense of scale. The whole thing seems to be a collection of very small pretty maps which don't add up to a world. Ai is pretty good overall but this hugely fails at feeling epic.

Edit: actually quite possible the real killer for me was the 1st dwarf mission was almost the entire length of the map away. I wanna start small and expand not be given a new area then tempted to run to it's farthest reaches.

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2014, 00:27.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Claptrap Trailer
1. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Claptrap Trailer Oct 3, 2014, 23:27 Lorcin

Kinda amazed they don't have a power-up where claptrap grows nipples on his bodywork.

They really are throwing every idea they can at this from the looks of things - pity these are the ideas that were previously left at the bottom of the barrel.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 Launches
12. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 Launches Oct 3, 2014, 23:07 Lorcin

Tom wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 21:55:

The gameplay, while far more forgiving than the original Elite, is still too difficult and open-ended to get the kind of mainstream exposure one typically associates with a killer app.

Sorry if I missed the naunces of dogfighting back then but my tactic was:

1) Install all mining lasers
2) Shot target when it was a single pixel on the screen

That worked great when I was ten - and I have very happy memories of shooting single pixels with lasers powerful enough to destroy meteors for hours!!!

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 Launches
9. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 Launches Oct 3, 2014, 21:25 Lorcin

I really want this - but I'm not preoreding. I'll play when I have a consumer version rift and they've spent a few months polishing it.

They really need to stop it hitting sales until the Rift is out because I'll go out on a limb here and say this is going to be one of the killer apps for OR.

News Comments > Gold - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
18. Re: Re: Gold - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Oct 2, 2014, 09:21 Lorcin

Loved the first two - completed them both co-op with my son - but this zero-g hunting for oxygen stuff leaves me cold.

Neither of us have it pre-ordered, waiting on the steam sale!

News Comments > X-Rebirth DLC Free to Preorder
15. Re: X-Rebirth DLC Free to Preorder Sep 28, 2014, 21:07 Lorcin

take the good bits from x and combine them with the good bits of starpoint gemini and they may actually have something!

SPG2 has pretty nice combat, something bugs me about the chase cam but dunno what. However it's stations, people, universe, trading etc are pretty damn weak. X excels at all it's weak spots - even over excels in the case of the walking around the station shite - but X's combat always felt like an afterthought.

Merge the two!

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIII for PC Announced
2. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIII for PC Announced Sep 18, 2014, 19:12 Lorcin

Will be nice to replay these - especially as they aren't charging much. Only problem I see is the probably 720p cut-scenes may grate next to 1440p game-play.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2014, 15:25 Lorcin

Pull the left over pork and freeze it - or make it into burgers and freeze them.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jul 20, 2014, 22:25 Lorcin

well that's great, aside from some glitches with Rage, graphics have never been much of issue with either studios games.

BUT HOW ABOUT A COMPETENT GAME DESIGNER instead of a glorified tech demo designer for once?

Let's Hannah Montana this shit - I want the best of both worlds.

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Survey
11. Re: Mass Effect 4 Survey Jul 15, 2014, 12:29 Lorcin

How about you wake up at the start off mass effect 4 and realize mass effect 3 was all just a bad dream. Go Dallas on it's arse!  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2014, 17:54 Lorcin

7-1 against Brazil??? Guess the US wasn't as bad as people here made out.  

News Comments > Gearbox Announces "Hero Shooter" Battleborn
14. Re: Gearbox Announces Jul 8, 2014, 15:38 Lorcin

Borderlands crossed with Wildstars art design? Why not!  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2014, 18:53 Lorcin

I''m quite a long way off of being on Team USA - but if England had played for 1 minute with your spirit and attitude maybe we wouldn't have gone home with 1 point from the groups.

You should be proud - not of your ability but just because of your grit.

News Comments > Summer Sales Ending
6. Re: Summer Sales Ending Jun 29, 2014, 15:41 Lorcin

got drunk bought goat simulator. Nuff said  

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
16. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 27, 2014, 21:00 Lorcin

Kinda the video equivalent of "and they shall know no fear".

Basic game mechanics ignored if your a space marine. Now we have basic in-game footage being represented by cut-scenes just cause their space marines.

Bastards.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
2. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 27, 2014, 15:53 Lorcin

Nice to see a 40k game with a budget - but as a Nid player can we please get a chance to nom the stupid space marines???  

News Comments > Play PC Titanfall for Free
36. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 16:49 Lorcin

Was kinda fun. But it took me longer to download and install then I played for. Oh well back to Wildstar.  

1030 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo