Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gymper

Real Name Gymper   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Gymper
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 26, 2005, 16:38
Total Comments 166 (Novice)
User ID 23550

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Teen prodigy known for ID chip Oct 2, 2006, 17:45 Gymper

You mean that same peace of paper That says I can get a 10 dollar an hour job as a network tech. OR can't find a job at all?

thats amazing.

because everyone I know in this field that has a good job has that dumb worthless paper Along with Cisco Certfifcations behind them.

I used to fell the same way, but a lot of managers look for certifications these days when hiring. Having wrestled with it, I found it easier to obtain the certifications.

Consider the statement you made

everyone I know in this field that has a good job has that dumb worthless paper Along with Cisco Certfifcations behind them

Just a thought, but maybe it isn't so dumb if it leads to a a good job.

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 17:46.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: ...fewer units than planned... Sep 6, 2006, 12:54 Gymper

What really gets me is how all the Sony fanboys were talking smack at the Xbox 360 release that the PS3 would be "mass produced" and widely available at release. HA!

I won't resist this time. If I score a launch unit, it is headed straight to ebay.

News Comments > WoW Class Crossovers
7. Re: A bit crap, really Jul 21, 2006, 22:30 Gymper

They couldn't be bothered adding new classes to wow, which the game arguably needs most of all, so we get this instead. A bit transparent.

Good lord dude, there is more content in this expansion than most games will ever see.

From what I recall, there is talk about adding hero classes to WoW, but they may not make this expansion. I'm not sure why that comes as any surprise as Blizzard is always slow delivering new content...but, well worth the wait imho.

News Comments > Guild Wars: Nightfall Details, PvP Event
3. Re: New professions Jul 18, 2006, 12:16 Gymper

weeeeee...more pvp...how exciting...

And, yet look at a game like Dungeons and Dragons Online. Half the people playing that game want PvP. The other half doesn't.

Edit: Well, yeah, I meant PvP.

Moral...can't keep everyone happy!

This comment was edited on Jul 18, 19:31.

News Comments > Gold - Universal Combat: Special Edition, Demo Released
5. Re: oh boy! Jul 18, 2006, 12:13 Gymper

whats the gold edition get us?

Hey, at least it isn't another version of Dungeon Lords!

This comment was edited on Jul 18, 12:13.

News Comments > GODS: Lands of Infinity German Patch
1. Is this game any good? Jul 9, 2006, 15:10 Gymper

It looks like a cross between Oblivion and old school Betrayol at Krondor.

Has anyone tried it?

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 15:10.

News Comments > Ultima Online Deflation
9. Re: Damn... Jul 7, 2006, 07:39 Gymper

Fuck you to fucking hell, EA.

So, how do you really feel about EA? LOL.

News Comments > Gothic III Drops StarForce
16. Re: No subject Jul 6, 2006, 12:45 Gymper

You'll only buy it IF it comes with Starforce?
Yes. I only buy games where the developer CARES enough to PROTECT his hard work, instead of letting stupid freeloaders steal it

Huh? What's the point? Starforce causes more problems than it is worth. Besides, it has already been cracked.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
1. Night Watch Jun 25, 2006, 17:05 Gymper

I just found out about the Night Watch movie and game. It looks sort of interesting...right up until I learned Starforce will be used for copy protection. Until they drop that, I will not be touching this title.

I aslo queued up the movie on Netflix. Sort of looks like a spin off of Underworld, but I'll give it a shot.

News Comments > D&D Online Solo Mode Dawns
12. Re: Solo DDO? Jun 14, 2006, 18:17 Gymper

I tire of these statements. Onling game does not mean FORCED TO GROUP. Did you group in UO? Didn't think so.

Actually, wrong again. I did group in UO. Back when I played, PK'ing was rampant. This was before the virtue system and whatever stuff they have implemented since. You grouped to survive.

Whatever your story, D&D is about group play. (period...emphasis added).

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 07:33.

News Comments > D&D Online Solo Mode Dawns
1. Solo DDO? Jun 14, 2006, 12:25 Gymper

I'm not sure why anyone would want to pay $$$ for an online game and then expect to be able to play it solo? Wouldn't you be better off with something like Oblivion, Dungeon Siege, NWN, Vampire, etc. as these are all offline games.

Aside from all that, the premise of DDO was group dynamics. Unfortunately, the group system does not work well and many people spend forever trying to pick up a group. Joining a guild is the easy solution.

IMHO if Turbine wants to make DDO successful, they need to return to the roots of D&D and focus on the social aspect of the game. More content, rather than tweaking existing content would help.

Perhaps Turbine should read (or re-read if they ever bothered) the D&D FAQ:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/whatisdnd

News Comments > Blizzard Goes MMO Only? - Updated
12. Re: No subject Jun 14, 2006, 10:45 Gymper

WoW was released in a very solid state.

Umm...NO! WoW was not solid on release. It took about 2-3 months until all the kinks were worked out. I remember release day...login queues, frequent server disconnects, client crashes. No, not solid at all.

News Comments > DDO Goes Solo
8. Re: LOL Jun 7, 2006, 13:15 Gymper

Also: my understanding that the harbor includes Waterworks and all those quests. If you managed to solo waterworks at the intended level... um, how?

If that is true, then this is a little bit more worthwhile for those who want to solo. I had thought the solo-only content was around Stormreach port, before you have access to Aspirant's Corner.

News Comments > DDO Goes Solo
4. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2006, 12:54 Gymper

I'm not sure I get the issue with grouping in a mmorpg? After all, the game is online? Why shouldn't you group. If you want to solo, go play something else offline. To each his own, I suppose.

In the case with DDO, I believe the developers were trying to remain faithful to the D&D crowd where 99% of the game sessions are with a group of people. I suspect the problem was that the D&D-only crowd wasn't a big enough draw, so they had to add solo play to appease the bigger market.

Having said that, I do agree, the first few harbor quests are fairly straight forward and can probably be solo'd without the code change.

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 13:03.

News Comments > Gold - Titan Quest
20. Re: Choppy demo. Jun 2, 2006, 22:05 Gymper

most games have required more than one copy. That's not exactly new.

Requiring multiple copies of a game makes about zero sense other than publishers getting greedy. Thanks, but I'll buy the game once and only once for the PCs in my house!

News Comments > NWN Support Ending?
23. Re: ... May 29, 2006, 20:39 Gymper

The game is a fucking antique and its sequel will soon ebe here. Time to move along.

Harsh man. This is really the loss of another classic. Sure there will be a NWN2 and maybe others in the future to take its place. Other genres will likely follow suite with the toolset capalities that NWN gave.

However, when it is all said and done, the original NWN did it first and did it VERY well. Rest assured that in 10-15 years folks will complain that the current games don't provide an editor like NWN or will make comments like I wish this was more like the original NWN.

Think I'm wrong? Go find a RPG fan who doesn't long to see another Ultima III-VII, Bard's Tale, Wizardry, Might and Magic, Wasteland, Gold Box series, etc. Games today do it with better graphics, sound, animation, etc. Few measure up to the "antiques".

This comment was edited on May 29, 20:41.

News Comments > Horizons to Expand
8. Re: No subject May 8, 2006, 15:55 Gymper

This hardly sounds like an expansion. Probably why it's free for current subscribers, they don't want to anger what little they have. I wonder if any stores will really stock this?

Lordy...stores stocked the collector's edition of Dungeon Lords!!! If they can carry that PoS, they will be sure to have this one!

News Comments > Dark World Online Announced
9. Re: No subject May 8, 2006, 12:22 Gymper

You have to wonder at what point developers will see that the market is becoming flooded with MMO games..especially if they all come with a monthly fee. How many MMO games can people play, much less afford?

News Comments > Thursday Game Reviews
2. Dungeon Lords Review... Apr 20, 2006, 13:23 Gymper

Well, the Dungeon Lords review is about spot on. However, this was based on the original version of the game. There was a collector's edition released which had a number of gameplay fixes. The CE actually made the game playable, albeit at the expense of pissing off all the folks who bought the original version and could not patch to the CE.

The CE is an ok game, but nothing great. 7/10 at best. Just thought I would share in case anyone wanted to check it out.

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 13:23.

News Comments > KHAN Launches
9. Ugh Feb 22, 2006, 14:18 Gymper

Lordy this thing is ugly! With WoW, EQ2, and DDO (coming this week), I can't imagine anyone would want to pay for this!

http://khan.mirinae.com/

166 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo