Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gymper

Real Name Gymper   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Gymper
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 26, 2005, 16:38
Total Comments 166 (Novice)
User ID 23550

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Ultima Online: Kingdom Reborn Beta
14. Re: UO Jun 2, 2007, 09:27 Gymper

Hell it's the only MMO EA hasn't canned yet.
No kidding. They canned the sequel. This might bring back some memories,
http://www.kxmode.com/tmp/uo2montage.jpg

Anyone have a link to the movies that were released for this? They rocked.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Halo 2 and LIVE Live
25. Re: No subject May 31, 2007, 22:14 Gymper

Damnit, my bad. All the talk about ShadowRun I thought the topic was about that. Agree on Halo 2, old news and two years to late.

I'm interested in hearing about ShadowRun, but need a different thread.

News Comments > Halo 2 and LIVE Live
21. Re: No subject May 31, 2007, 21:31 Gymper

So all you knuckleheads babbling back and forth about the theoretical difference. Has anyone actual tried the game? And good?

How about a true take rather than speculation, please.

News Comments > Gold - Shadowrun
50. Re: No subject May 10, 2007, 08:29 Gymper

Ummm ..... Yeh. I though have thought that was obvious. They're a business and of course they want to sell as many units as possible. They're not exactly into it for the love.

Right, my point being is that this is a DX9 game. Had it been DX10 only, I would not have any problem with it being a Vista exlusive.

46. Re: No subject May 9, 2007, 22:19 Gymper

But back on topic: WTF is all this whining about Vista.
The latest release version of DirectX, DirectX 10 and DirectX 9.0L, is exclusive to Vista

Great, but this is a DX9 game and requires Vista. Looks to me as if M$ is just trying to force people to upgrade to Vista.

32. Re: No subject May 9, 2007, 18:25 Gymper

wtf is this shit? so in Vista, games can require you to be a subscriber to some MS game network to play online? or is this only for crossplatform games?

From the FAQ on the Shadowrun site:

Do I have to pay for Games for Windows LIVE?
If you’d like to take advantage of features available only to Gold members, yes, there is a yearly subscription fee. But Xbox Gold LIVE and Games for Windows – LIVE Gold are one and the same. So if you’re an Xbox LIVE Gold member, you’re automatically a Games for Windows – LIVE Gold member.

Fortunately, I already subscribe to XBox live as a 360 owner. For everyone else, pay up!

30. Re: No subject May 9, 2007, 18:11 Gymper

Yeah, well what I don't get is the pricing:

$49.99 for Vista
$59.99 for XBox 360

WTF? My PC rig is far superior to anything on the 360. I have to wonder how long it takes until publishers push the prices to $59.99 on all platforms?

News Comments > Infinity Ward Announcement Next Week
31. Re: And the world gasps... Apr 21, 2007, 22:47 Gymper

Only the retards running Vista.]

LOL. Eventually, everyone will succomb. It's just a matter of time.

News Comments > Infinity Ward Announcement Next Week
26. Re: And the world gasps... Apr 21, 2007, 21:14 Gymper

2007 - What goes down this April 28th is equal to, if not surpasses, the magnitude of any of those.

M$ and Creative finally get their collective heads out of each others arses and realize removing DS3D from Vista was a poor choice.

MS patches DS3D into Vista and Creative follows suite with working EAX drivers.

The world rejoices!!!!!

News Comments > Shivering Isles Beta Patch
14. Re: Hrm Apr 18, 2007, 08:12 Gymper

It took the Mod community exactly half a day to "fix it properly."

Why it takes Bethesda more than a fucking WEEK to do so defies all description. Two beta patches in a row my ass.

I guess we can agree to disagree.

So, how exactly does Bethesda have access to all the permutations of hardware that are available on the market? I'd like to think that Bethesday (and any s/w vender) has a test cycle that takes time to go through. Hence the delay.

I'm a network engineer and work with a bunch of software engineers. I know their process and the simplest fix is still going to take a week or two to run through all the product teams and test. I doubt the guy off the street who "fixed" this in one day had to deal with any of this.

News Comments > Shivering Isles Beta Patch
2. Re: Hrm Apr 17, 2007, 19:48 Gymper

Really wish they'd just release a final patch.

And then complain because they rushed the final patch. Give them time to fix it properly.

This comment was edited on Apr 17, 19:49.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
2. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2007, 14:21 Gymper

No surprise. Why bother getting a PS3 now? With the exception of Resistance, the remaining PS3 exclusive games are not that good. And, Resistance is a solid FPS, but nothing spectacular.

That leaves you with buying ports...Oblivion, Splinter Cell, Fear, Call of Duty, etc have already been done on other systems...PC and 360.

No thanks. When good exclusive PS3 games are available I'll consider picking one up. Until then, I'll stick with my PC and 360.

News Comments > Wednesday Game Reviews
1. Stalker Mar 28, 2007, 11:58 Gymper

A log of people have commented about the graphics in this game not being up to par. I have to disagree. When I first stepped out into an outside area, it had a sense of a WOW factor. I had to switch from dynamic to static lighting to make the game playable, but even with the switch it still looks good to me.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Music to my ears Feb 25, 2007, 18:41 Gymper

Love Unix for scientific and programming purposes. It also has it's place in netorking. But, gaming...bah. It has a LONG way to go to replace Windows.

Give vendors time to polish drivers, Vista should be ok. Though, I am not sure why folks jumped into it. I'll stay with XP on my gaming rig until games are DX10 only...then it's time to upgrade to Vista.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. No surprise about the PS3 Feb 18, 2007, 12:34 Gymper

There really aren't any games for it. And, most are ports from the PC or other consoles. Resistance is good, but that will only hold your interest for a short time. It will be interesting if the releases coming in March push sales of the PS3 up. If they don't, this baby is going down the drain.

News Comments > Warhammer: Mark of Chaos MP Demo
7. Re: huge! Feb 1, 2007, 19:58 Gymper

What's the deal about a big download? So what, I'm on cable. I could probably snag the file in an hour. You dial up people have problems, but way back when when I was on dial up and wanted a demo, I usually bought a computer mag with the demo in it.

Think before you post. I'd rather see a demo that is as complete as possible, rather than some half-baked featureless mess that doesn't resemble the real game.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles Announced
2. Re: Shivering Idiots Jan 18, 2007, 11:20 Gymper

Nice going Bethesda, great way to shaft those morons who bought Knights of the Nine. Instead of releasing one complete package, they release these mini-mods. And the dumbshit fanboys keep paying for this crap.

When will ass-raping milking of gamers end?? - Never...
as long as gamers stay consumer-sheep to bean-counter whores. Thats when.

Chill man. This isn't like the horse armor, wizard tower, etc. You are getting 30 extra hours of gameplay. That sounds about reasonable for most expansions released these days. The exception may be with rts games, but that depends on how much you play multi or online.

News Comments > Vanguard Dated
10. Re: Hmmmm Jan 11, 2007, 13:34 Gymper

I don't care how good this game is...

Releasing within a few weeks of WoW Burning Crusade??? Are they nuts!?!? Say what you want about WoW, but 8 million subscribers will be to busy with the expansion to care about Vanguard. This game is going to be totally burried.

This comment was edited on Jan 11, 13:36.

News Comments > On Games for Windows
35. Re: Need more info on this Dec 19, 2006, 21:13 Gymper

Also i hope you guys realize that we are arguing about something that has not even been released yet. Vista, and how that will handle games. I already suggested this on other forums we should wait until Crysis and Allen Wake gets released for the PC and then compare your precious consoles to the PC. IF there is even such comparison will exist.

Yeah, yeah...graphics does not a make a game. I don't know about the rest of you, but give me solid and fun gameplay with minimal bugs. I understand bugs will never be completely eliminated...that would be impossilbe...imho. But, Vista with DX 10 so I can push more polys, more surfaces, more textures...WHO CARES!!! It sure looks nice, but how does it play?

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 21:13.

News Comments > Alien RPG Announced
7. Re: Roll For Facehugging! Dec 13, 2006, 12:28 Gymper

oh god - award winning neverwinter nights 2???? Winner of worst camera perhaps.

Well, for what it is worth, the last patch for NWN 2 added key control to mouse look. According to the devs, the next patch should include mouse look that we are used to in FPS and should orient the camara in the direction the character selected is facing.

If that works as advertised, I believe that should fix the camara problems. Granted this should have been fixed right prior to release, but cheers to the devs for fixing this (and many other problems) since the release.

This comment was edited on Dec 13, 12:28.

166 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo