Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gymper

Real Name Gymper   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Gymper
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 26, 2005, 16:38
Total Comments 166 (Novice)
User ID 23550

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher Patch
19. Re: More clarification on load times.... Dec 20, 2007, 18:59 Gymper

Didn't do much for my load times though. A bit but not much, which sucks because the loads really take away from the flow.

Load times still suck if your system is underpowered.

Not picking on you, but the official forums are full of posts from people with 2.0 GHz proc, 1 GB RAM, and 128 MB video cards that still complain their system runs slow. If you fall in this category, you need to upgrade your system as the patch will have minimal effect.

On the other hand if you have a decent system and the patch didn't help, check out the Witcher forums. There are a number of helpful people that may help you tweak the game and/or OS.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Teaser Video
99. Re: No subject Dec 19, 2007, 16:26 Gymper

This is Duke F'ing Nukem...DFN

1. Duke is bad ass.
2. To all the bitchers and moaners, see #1.
3. This is all.

We can wait until it's done, just make sure it's "done" if it is ever released.

News Comments > The Witcher Demo
20. Re: No subject Dec 14, 2007, 20:22 Gymper

Nice maybe this will sell a few more games for them but I would have rather seen a patch to disable auto saves and fix loading times.

Actually, that patch is due out before XMas according to the developer. Check the Witcher forum for more details.

I have to say that I have put in 10 hours into the game so far. I have had 4 crashes. But the frequency and lenght of the loading time is the single greatest technical flaw.

Are you using XP or Vista? Either way, you might want to check the tech forum on the Witcher site. There are a lot of published FAQs that may improve or eliminate crashes completely. They have helped a number of people.

The main forums are here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/

News Comments > Gothic 3 Community Patch
1. No subject Dec 14, 2007, 12:54 Gymper

Is this game playable now? I tried to get into this about 6 months after it was released and started to enjoy it until I ran into one game crashing event and bugged quest after another.

News Comments > Terminator Game Plans
18. Re: I'm Old! Nov 16, 2007, 07:47 Gymper

New Terminator movie = good

New Terminator movie without Arnie = bad

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Witcher
1. Anyone playing this yet? Oct 30, 2007, 21:35 Gymper

If so, how is it?

News Comments > The Witcher Patch
29. Re: No subject Oct 29, 2007, 07:04 Gymper

Be warned though: You will spend 3/4 of your time running around the outside area and talking to people. Probably more running than talking really. Sometimes though when talking to people they talk about something you're supposed to know, but you dont, not only that but most of the time i just felt myself switching off and ignoring the dude/dudette talking.

Nicely put! That's definitely a grand negative point of the game. Hell, I think it's right about he biggest freckin' flaw!

Silly me. Isn't the point of an RPG the fact that you should be talking to people to understand the story and characters? Everyone keeps laboring on this point, but I'm not convinced that it is a bad thing. Look at Planescape, you could play almost the entire game without doing anything...except TALK! And, we all know how much that game sucked.

News Comments > Gears of War PC on November 6
11. Re: No subject Oct 4, 2007, 20:06 Gymper

I think this is a great console fps.

But, ported to the PC...bleck. I just have the feeling this is going to look pretty bland when compared to all the PC fps games hitting the shelves this fall.

News Comments > NVIDIA ForceWare Beta Drivers
17. Re: Laptop Drivers Sep 17, 2007, 19:55 Gymper

Best site I've found for laptop drivers. There modded, but most times they work very well.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Lair for PS3 Sep 5, 2007, 20:47 Gymper

Quite possibly the best graphics and worst controls to ever appear in one game. Good for the movie quality, but useless to play.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Vista retail price Aug 3, 2007, 14:38 Gymper

Granted, sales are lower than expected, but I bet M$ holds out for as long as they can with a price cut in the States...they have to replace all the failed X360 h/w! In China, I suspect part of the reason to lower the price is to encourage people to actually buy the software rather than pirate it from the vendors on the street.

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: Linux Gaming? Jul 29, 2007, 13:22 Gymper

What's more there is very little gaming on Windows that can't be had on a console. Can MMO's really maintain Windows gaming and the atendant hardware market?

Your kidding right? Console games have there merits for sports, racing, and console minded shooters (i.e. Splinter Cell). But, most fps games do not work well on a console due control limitations. And, RPGs are also sluggish on a console. Let's not forget the whole mod capabilities that are possible on a PC and not on a console.

Very little difference?!?!? I beg to differ, there is a striking difference.

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 13:23.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
12. Re: Do Xbox 360s Scratch Discs? Jul 15, 2007, 08:50 Gymper

It was discovered by the community as a fundamental flaw very early on and I'm sorry but it doesn't take nearly two years to figure it out.

uhm...wasn't the fact also that you had to move your 360 from a vertical to horizontal position or vice versa for this to happen? I have been a 360 owner since launch and have yet to have a scratched disk. I'm sure it would though if I was foolish enough to move my 360 while I am actually using it.

Really think this is a a lot of hub-bub over nothing. And, I have to wonder how many commercial DVD players would have the same problem if anyone cared to test it.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Windows Vista Jul 14, 2007, 07:58 Gymper

The cheapest went for $267.87.

Actually, you can do better than that in the US...$189.99.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116213. This is only for a single license though.

Just curious, but doesn't the European market have a markup on all software that comes from the US?

This comment was edited on Jul 14, 07:59.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. of a USB Performance Hit
11. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2007, 22:24 Gymper

other than the infamous BSOD when the USB plug & play "functionality" of Win 98 was presented by Mr. Gates himself

Ha! I forgot how pathetic that event actually looked!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8363127660275444169

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
3. WoW Jul 10, 2007, 12:37 Gymper

Any word if they fixed the problem with WoW.exe consuming 100% of CPU? That problem creeped in for a lot of folks within the last patch or two.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
2. WoW Jul 10, 2007, 12:37 Gymper

Any word if they fixed the problem with WoW.exe consuming 100% of CPU. That problem creeped in for a lot of folks within the last patch or two.

News Comments > Gears of War PC?
17. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2007, 16:26 Gymper

That was a great game on a concole. On a PC, bleh, not enough to keep your interest long.

News Comments > Halo 2 & Shadowrun XP?
47. Re: DX10 Jun 12, 2007, 19:48 Gymper

I think the reason these games require Vista is they require Microsoft's new Window's Live software to play on the net, which is only written for Vista.

Nah, there is no real good reason. Simple OS check:

OS=Vista=you play
OS=XP=you don't

There is nothing in Live that limits it to Vista other than more s/w being sold.

News Comments > Ultima Online: Kingdom Reborn Beta
20. Re: UO Jun 2, 2007, 12:53 Gymper

Hell it's the only MMO EA hasn't canned yet.
No kidding. They canned the sequel. This might bring back some memories,
http://www.kxmode.com/tmp/uo2montage.jpg

Anyone have a link to the movies that were released for this? It rocked.

Found it for anyone who would like to take a look. This looked far ahead of it's time back when it was announced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EGWBSjHVGI

166 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo