Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lubey

Real Name Lubey   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lubey
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 21, 2005, 10:33
Total Comments 59 (Suspect)
User ID 23521

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > BioShock Movie
1. No subject Sep 21, 2006, 11:06 Lubey

Yay we finally get to see what all the fuss is about.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Red Orchestra Free Trial Tomorrow
26. No subject Aug 3, 2006, 05:07 Lubey

Used to play it when it was first released and won the Make Something Unreal contest.

Certainly takes some getting used to. I hated it at first but that was because i was trying to play it like every other action based online fps.

It requires a totally different style of play. Slower, more tactical, using cover and staying out of open areas, not spraying and praying with weapons or while moving etc.

Never really played with the vehicles much though so dunno what they are like.

I think i shall be giving this new version a go if i can muster up some free hdd space.

News Comments > Day of Defeat: Source Patched
12. No subject Jun 30, 2006, 10:52 Lubey

New content at last. Havent had a blast of DOD for a while.

Between this, Darkstar One demo and Chromehounds demo on 360 its going to be a busy weekend

News Comments > RF Online Trial
7. No subject Jun 1, 2006, 10:55 Lubey

Yeah Dragon Empires had some interesting ideas and its a shame it was scrapped. I guess they just couldnt deliver on their intended feature list, going by the reason it was cancelled.

RF Online really isnt worth bothering with. The only redeeming feature is the massive size of the PVP battles and the surprisingly little amount of lag during them (dont know this first hand as ive never played, but ive heard this from friends who have played, and seen it in videos). Other than that it was like every other identikit Asian MMO.

News Comments > Gold - Half-Life 2: Episode One
91. No subject May 25, 2006, 10:28 Lubey

I thought the VAT was only added to online *services* like MMO subscriptions. You are only buy a product via steam so VAT shouldnt be added afaik.

I certainly dont pay VAT on everything i purchase from US websites for example.

Three episodes in one and a half years? I dont think anyone, no matter how you look at it could call that episodic. As expected the developers just cant work fast enough to make this work.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
7. No subject May 14, 2006, 15:14 Lubey

Fact is until OSX becomes as prevailent as Windows (never), it will never be as vunerable because hackers take no notice of it. Ive had an ibook for about a year now and not had to put up with one virus, spyware or browser hijacker. Thats without running any AV sw or firewall other than the built in one.

Try that on Windows for a couple of days and your machine will likely explode.

Still when properly protected, XP is a fine OS. Its pretty rock solid itself and doesnt crash often (havent had a BSOD in years).

This comment was edited on May 14, 15:14.

News Comments > Site Seeing
25. No subject May 14, 2006, 15:05 Lubey

Yeah so i was drunk when i wrote that comment. Like any game ill play it intensly for a week, if its good, then never touch it again. I havent touched Oblivion in weeks

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy: SiN Episodes: Emergence
113. No subject May 14, 2006, 01:34 Lubey

Seems you spend more time loading then playing the damn game...

News Comments > Sword of the Stars Delayed
21. No subject May 14, 2006, 01:33 Lubey

I got Galciv 2 not long after release but i still havent installed it yet. Whats wrong with me? :/

14. No subject May 14, 2006, 01:23 Lubey

Roll on Spore. This shit is going to take over my life :/

103. No subject May 12, 2006, 14:50 Lubey

Its been reviewed in PC Gamer UK according to their website and got 85% i believe.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. No subject May 12, 2006, 10:34 Lubey

Still havent gotten around to getting a razer copperhead yet...tis a pricey beast but oh so shiney.

As for this keyboard, if you dont have enough keys on a standard board you're doing something wrong

News Comments > The Late Show
5. No subject May 12, 2006, 04:07 Lubey

Very impressed with Dark Messiah. Looks better with every bit of media they release.

News Comments > The Late Show
4. No subject May 12, 2006, 04:06 Lubey

Double post.

This comment was edited on May 12, 04:08.

News Comments > UC: A World Apart Expands
18. No subject May 11, 2006, 13:34 Lubey

I concur

1. No subject May 11, 2006, 10:10 Lubey

The Shadowrun site actually has an article giving reasons for the change. Kudos for understanding some people might not be too happy, but none of the reasons given actually explain why this game is not an RPG.

So it has a large backstory and many source books? So they want to start the story again from the begining? What better medium to do this than an RPG?

Not to say im writing off the game, maybe it will be the next big thing in online fps, who knows. Just dont think anyone was clamouring for this genre of game with this franchise.

News Comments > UC: A World Apart Expands
8. No subject May 11, 2006, 07:31 Lubey

Game developer or snake oil salesmen? YOU DECIDE!

72. No subject May 11, 2006, 07:27 Lubey

Im pretty glad i didn't bother with it now. I was quite tempted yesterday as i had nothing better to do, but i ended up playing the shadowground demo, which probably has more gameplay in it than this

As expected its far too short. $20 for 3 hours gameplay is crazy. I think i played the Dungeon Siege 2 demo for longer than that ffs!

Please developers, get over this gimmick and stop being lazy.

News Comments > Vista Lista
39. No subject May 10, 2006, 06:27 Lubey

I feel i may be coming to an end with PC gaming I have absolutely no interest in Vista at all. DRM'd up the wazoo, no thanks.

After watching the E3 conferences, id probably still end up giving my money to MS though, as i have no desire to waste money on a PS3.

(p.s. Dystopia is more tactical that CS has ever been. Every fan of cyberpunk who owns a copy of HL2 should give it a go)

News Comments > Dark World Online Announced
8. No subject May 8, 2006, 12:13 Lubey

Wee two threads to bash Horizons in as many minutes.

But seriously, what awards did Horizons ever win? Unless Tulga are proud of the "worst game of the year" awards they no doubt won.

59 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo