Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for gravity

Real Name gravity   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname gravity
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 18, 2005, 14:21
Total Comments 87 (Suspect)
User ID 23497

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC
25. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 18:45 gravity

Flatline wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 18:28:
Also, the new controls scheme is MUCH better.

*DITTO* on this^ - I'm much happier with enabling alternate controls. I almost wish they had enabled it by default, as it's much improved.

I feel like Geralt is less... confused?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 17:39 gravity

Rossini wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 17:23:
Cutter wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 14:40:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 10:32:
Sounds great... by the time I finish up the first two games and get around to buying this, it should be well patched and deeply discounted.

Mwahahaha! *rubs hands together*

And if you die before then you'll have missed out on one of the best games ever made so far. If there ever was a game worth full price this is it. So don't be cheap and don't miss out.

It sounds like the studio really are keeping things moving. But, I've barely got the hero past the arena bit in Witcher 2 before getting really bored, is Witcher 3 any better?

Yes and no. While I'm with you, it's very slow (snail's pace) as far as progression and such goes... I find myself unmistakably drawn back to it every few days. I imagine this will take me upwards of 150+ hours (since I go slowly, and explore a lot), just to get to a point where I go: "OK, I'm done, I'm just gonna finish" and who knows how much longer that will take at that point.

22. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 17:38 gravity

Slashman wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 11:42:
Are the performance improvements in the patches actually making it perform better on lower spec hardware as well? I'm curious about that.

I concur with the earlier replier, and admit I quit the game just to let you know:

Whereas earlier I was more in the mid/high range, I just unlocked the framerate and placed everything on Ultra and am having at least solid 30+, if not an average of 40+ on everything, no dipping.

They've definitely QA'd the shite out of this by now.

16. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 16:57 gravity

harlock wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 16:37:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 15:54:
Why would he give a fuck if he's dead? The whole point of death is to no longer give a fuck.

what if the whole point of death is to recount everything you imprinted into your dna

GET Ouuuuuuuuuuut AC fan.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 17, 2015, 11:53 gravity

Cutter wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 11:01:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 10:51:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 10:12:
Good work, reddit. The best way to clean up a problem is to sweep it under the rug!

You know there is no right answer to trying to censor anything highly controversial. Like a 50-50 bet.

Yes there is. As a private company they can run their business as they please. And banning outright racist and bigoted forums is their right and the right thing to do. Anyone not happy with that can go start their own forum site. I don't always agree with the comments Blue censors but I agree with his right to do it. His house. His rules. The only time it's wrong is when it's the government. I for one would much rather see the racist/bigots/political and religious kooks entirely out there in the bright light of day so we know who they are.

Agreed, Cutter.

Should we isolate groups that speak hatefully about others? Probably. Should we censor them publicly? No.

Isolating means, if you agree to company's "ToS" and that ToS clearly states you should not speak hatefully towards any group (loosely defined, and completely open to company interpretation) then you should be banned. Plain and simple.

I think there should be an appeal and audit process, as well.

Riot Games' implementation to weed out the negative mentalities worked rather well. I don't see why anyone couldn't implement something like that pretty much everywhere (games, websites, etc.)? Why isn't there a whole niche for IT companies/departments designed to 'control' the level of hatred spewed around?

I mean... I'm all for removing 'comments' sections from just about every news site at this point. It's either "thanks, left loonies" or "thanks, right nut jobs." There's barely any moderates visible amidst all the name-calling and anger-blowing.

News Comments > No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall?
28. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 16, 2015, 17:27 gravity

Kxmode wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 15:47:
I am Bat-..... ... . ... .. .. ... .... Flapping in the nig- .. ... .. .... ... .... . .. . Joker is terroriz- .. .. ... ..

Computer

I LOLd so hard at this.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
13. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 12, 2015, 19:37 gravity

Still disappointed about Elizabeth Warren not running.

I feel like the movement behind her would have been fully greater than Sanders' ever will be had she thrown her hat in.

That lady gives me a woody.. and I'm not even attracted to many women... :O

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 1M; Adds Mod Support
13. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 1M; Adds Mod Support Jul 7, 2015, 23:55 gravity

Deepjay wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 23:03:
Highly recommend checking this game out. Of all the EA survival games, I would be surprised if anything can compare to this.

I didnít mention the fact they patch almost daily, and sizable feature heavy patches at that. There are bugs and performance issues and all the other things youíd expect, but these guys exude
confidence. I thought it looked crap when I watched a few streams on Twitch, and are sick to death of bloody survival games in my face every second day on Stream. But took a punt because some gamer friends of mine were playing it, and now am hooked as hell. Itís the first game in a long time Iíve actually considered sneaking home from work at lunch time to get a bit of play in.

There's my honest 4 cents.

... and that definitively just sold another copy (to me) on Steam... I mean, it's been #1 for weeks, and is 20% off right now.

It can't possibly be so bad (at this point, given everyone's praises and purchases) that it'll land beneath 'Arkham Origins' which I paid $30 for.

I SAID ORIGINS, NOT KNIGHT!

News Comments > Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized
34. Re: Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 20:15 gravity

Alamar wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 15:04:
It's kind of 'meta' or 'inception'....

Oooooh, oooh! It's a pirate, within a parrot, within a pirate...

News Comments > Her Story Released
3. Re: Her Story Released Jun 26, 2015, 20:12 gravity

Zanderat1 wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 18:52:
I like it when a dev is not afraid to try something different. For $4.99 on GOG, I figure it is worth a shot.

If anyone has tried/will try this - please do update me /subbed

I do enjoy a good detective mystery, and think this caters to a niche audience that has never quite seen something quite like this before...

... or am I wrong? Can someone point to a similar title to this?

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Sales Suspended
4. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Sales Suspended Jun 25, 2015, 09:11 gravity

I've said it elsewhere on these forums, I'll say it once more:

I'm very proud of you all. We stood up, as a community, and fought for our dignity, and won this fight.

Gotta pick and choose our battles in the future though, I feel. Let's not get too picky about minor things and focus on the important ones.

News Comments > More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds
29. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 21:47 gravity

Krovven wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 20:55:
This was just posted on the Arkham Knights Announcement page in Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/145587678167685991

Dear Batman: Arkham Knight PC owners,

We want to apologize to those of you who are experiencing performance issues with Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards. We greatly value our customers and know that while there are a significant amount of players who are enjoying the game on PC, we want to do whatever we can to make the experience better for PC players overall.

Thank you to those players who have already given valuable feedback. We are continuously monitoring all threads posted in the Official Batman: Arkham Knight Community and Steam forums, as well as any issues logged with our Customer Support (http://support.wbgames.com/). If you purchased your copy of the game and are not satisfied with your experience, then we ask for your patience while these issues are resolved. If desired, you can request a refund at https://help.steampowered.com (Steam refund policies can be found here: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds) or the retail location where you purchased the game.

The Batman: Arkham fans have continually supported the franchise to its current height of success, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work to deliver an updated version of Batman: Arkham Knight on PC so you can all enjoy the final chapter of the Batman: Arkham series as it was meant to be played.

And some vids I made if people are interested.

MaxFPS 60 Nvidia on/off comparison

MaxFPS 30 Nvidia on/off comparison

I (literally) could not be more pleased to see the community, as a whole, stand up and say "No, this is not acceptable," and see the publisher and developers cry back, "OK, OK... WE GET IT, WE'RE SORRY!"

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update
55. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 20:47 gravity

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 19:23:
jacobvandy wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 11:17:
Here's the inevitable, SHOCKING interview with a Rocksteady developer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBngocx0DhI

I don't know why that's making me laugh so hard but holy crap, I can't stop...

It has to be the three teeth he has left that gives him that whistle-like laughter.

54. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 20:44 gravity

Krovven wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 19:48:
gravity wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 19:33:
Krovven wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 19:27:
... will be non-spoilerish...

"ish?!" LOL

Well depends on your definition of spoiler. Could you look at signs on buildings or hear things that the thugs are saying that could give something away, maybe. No major plot points though I promise
Anyways, the other video didn't reveal anything that people wouldn't have known from reading reviews and such...or watching a first 15min gameplay video.

Not true... none of the gameplay videos (primarily the beginning, or just snippets of performance problems) gave away that (spoiler) the joker was STILL alive - meaning he double-blinded his double-blind! ..... or am I crazy?

50. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 19:33 gravity

Krovven wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 19:27:
... will be non-spoilerish...

"ish?!" LOL

News Comments > More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds
19. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 19:08 gravity

KilrathiAce wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 18:54:
Problem is that the game not only performs horribly and have other issues like reverting to dx10 in some cases and crashing, but the game itself as a video game is horrid, the game play is basically interactive movie, this game reminds me of those fmv interactive "games" back in 90's for CD-I, except this uses in game engine..lol.

I would (respectfully) disagree, here. I refunded my Steam purchase and got it on PS4. I'm quite pleased with the level of fluidity between mode-changes. No loading screens (ever/so far)? Full freedom to explore (despite being sort-of invisibly chained to the batmobile)... it's more of what you make it, as opposed to "follow the path."

For those of us who WANT a story, that's a fine path to follow, in my book... just too bad I had to change platforms to play it proper.

46. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 19:04 gravity

Krovven wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 18:20:
Quinn wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 18:14:
.Quite honestly, I simply don't believe people who say the game runs without a problem on their rig. I have a high-end rig, new installment of windows 8.1, and one of the best SSD's and GPU's on the market. Still, when I woosh through the city, the game stutters like mad and in some places the fps is irrationally low. I know PC gaming long enough to know this isn't a hardware bottleneck, but a piss poor and abominal excuse for a port. And trust me, I'm normally the forgiving type.

Quinn watch my video below. I just made 2 videos, one with nVidia effects on and one with them off. I'll post them soon.

Krovven. Dude. You should really be spoiler tagging that shit! Seriously! You just gave away something that (despite playing through 2) I should have guessed at the start. :(((

Oh well. At least I stopped it once I realized what had happened and didn't accidentally learn any more from that clip.

Can you spoiler tag YouTube videos? You should probably at least find a better example to show off the performance, if nothing else.

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 2015, 19:10.

39. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 16:48 gravity

Scholander wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 16:31:
Maybe my tinfoil hat is too tight, but is it really just coincidence that the Steam Refund Policy was announced exactly 3 weeks before this was released?

Ooooooh.. intrigue. Conspiracy.

That said, I think it's a stretch. I'm more inclined to point towards people like Jim Sterling making a mockery of Steam Greenlight Garbage (I'm looking at you: "Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015")

37. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 16:44 gravity

Creston wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 16:18:
jacobvandy wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 11:17:
Here's the inevitable, SHOCKING interview with a Rocksteady developer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBngocx0DhI

That didn't take long. I still cry laughing every time I see yet another iteration of this video.

I assume the tears are on behalf of the (lack of) teeth.

21. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 11:49 gravity

Primalchrome wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 11:17:
Another real world reason for not pre-ordering or buying Early Access. With the rare exception, I've been waiting a minimum of two weeks after release to purchase a game. By that point you're getting unpaid reviews and patches...and even then they're suspect.

... or, now that there's a reliable refund system in place through most distributors, form your own opinions.

Mind you, I would previously have had the same sort of mentality, but these days you can take a leap if you know you've got a bungee cord - especially if there's extra incentives for doing so.

87 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo