Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for gravity

Real Name gravity   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname gravity
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 18, 2005, 14:21
Total Comments 39 (Suspect)
User ID 23497

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide
35. Re: Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide Apr 22, 2015, 20:43 gravity

gravity wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 18:58:
gravity wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 16:54:
siapnar wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 15:31:
I don't have any custom music Quinn, so that can't be the problem.

It's very, very slight, the stuttering.

I think I'll try giving dx 10.1 a go tonight and see what happens. I'll try disabling soft shadows, too.

I run with Nvidia enabled Vsync. Seems to be fine compared to ingame Vsync but I'll try that again

Do let me know what you come across. I highly suggest trying just the DX 10.1 downgrade first. Keep in mind you'll lose ALL grass visuals (entirely). I'm willing to do without, until I can find a better solution, or they discuss a fix/patch.

While I found the solution to my issue on my own, I'm definitively not alone here:

Steam Discussion on GTAV and 10.1 stuttering

Interestingly enough, I decided to tweak and play again tonight - I see massive improvements in DX11, solidifying my belief that this was a temporary engine problem, that the community may have helped patch up.

I've now got all my grass back on, even Tessellation enabled - no stuttering yet.

Let us know how you fare?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide Apr 22, 2015, 18:58 gravity

gravity wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 16:54:

I think I'll try giving dx 10.1 a go tonight and see what happens. I'll try disabling soft shadows, too.

I run with Nvidia enabled Vsync. Seems to be fine compared to ingame Vsync but I'll try that again

Do let me know what you come across. I highly suggest trying just the DX 10.1 downgrade first. Keep in mind you'll lose ALL grass visuals (entirely). I'm willing to do without, until I can find a better solution, or they discuss a fix/patch.

While I found the solution to my issue on my own, I'm definitively not alone here:

Steam Discussion on GTAV and 10.1 stuttering

29. Re: Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide Apr 22, 2015, 16:54 gravity

28. Re: Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide Apr 22, 2015, 16:52 gravity

100% - that was the first thing I turned off...

Auto-Scan, then I tried no Radio at all.

Still had stuttering, only while driving, and only every 10-15 seconds (1-2 seconds of 'freeze-frame'). It was unplayable.

19. Re: Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide Apr 22, 2015, 14:04 gravity

I backed off my DX 11 to 10.1, and never again had the stutter/freeze-frame whilst driving.

In fact, I could up the remaining settings without a problem.

It's disappointing, honestly. I only 'stuttered' when driving, but it happened so much that I couldn't let it go.

Grass disappears, but IDGAF(lip) as long as the framerate isn't sufferable as it was.

I genuinely see this is as a patch in the near future... it shouldn't be having such an occasional 'hiccup' only in that sense.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video
37. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video Apr 20, 2015, 17:42 gravity

ItBurn wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 16:23:
I think Watch Dogs looks better though.

I have to agree, here. Even before the E3 Mod, I still think Watch_Dogs was prettier - with the E3 Mod, I'd suggest that it's a better-looking game overall. In fact, I enjoyed the "invasion" flows in WD much more than the lobby-based system this uses... those load times in and out are obscenely long sometimes.

That said, I enjoy both titles. Heists are adrenaline-fueled rushes.

Also, since we're comparing Engines... isn't the AC engine's most recent iteration beyond both WD and GTA? Unity, is it?

News Comments > Valve on Improving Steam Customer Service
16. Re: Valve on Improving Steam Customer Service Mar 14, 2015, 17:28 gravity

jdreyer wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 17:00:
350 games and counting and no need yet for customer service (fingers crossed). Can anyone give some examples of how bad it can be?

Look, I'm not a Valve fanboy, but I'm not blind to the fact that there are lots of complaints about people not being able to get games running at all - or being locked completely out of their huge libraries (permanently, for questionable infractions I mean) seems a bit harsh.

I think Origin did take the right approach with the "love it or refund it," approach. I don't see how that wouldn't be hard or unfeasible for Valve to implement, as well.

Re: Quote; I agree. I haven't had a single problem with Steam, ever, and I've been on there since 2003, I think?

News Comments > Two Free Evolve Maps Coming
5. Re: Two Free Evolve Maps Coming Mar 13, 2015, 09:57 gravity

nin wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 09:48:
gravity wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 09:34:
nin wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 09:15:
Whoo! Two maps! That'll turn things around!

I read an article talking about Evolve's sudden downturn and loss of activity on servers. I've forgotten the link - anyone else know of it?

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/159595/etc-etc ?

That's the one (thanks nin)!

On a regular week-day night, I can view streams on PS4 and active players in Steam. I'd say for a recently released title, this is not good news.

News Comments > Two Free Evolve Maps Coming
2. Re: Two Free Evolve Maps Coming Mar 13, 2015, 09:34 gravity

nin wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 09:15:
Whoo! Two maps! That'll turn things around!

I read an article talking about Evolve's sudden downturn and loss of activity on servers. I've forgotten the link - anyone else know of it?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Play Dragon Age: Inquisition free for six hours on Xbox One this week. Mar 11, 2015, 11:21 gravity

Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 11:17:
And never make it out of the Hinterlands!

LOL! ^this. Also, about the 6:01 mark was when I realized I was SUPPOSED to leave Hinterlands, and explore elsewhere.

Boy, they really didn't do a good job of explaining that, or I guess hand-holding has become too commonplace in games these days.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 11, 2015, 11:14 gravity

nin wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 10:58:
He actually linked it here. On the one hand, this is the console section, but on the other, like you, I feel like it never hurts to point out it's on multiple formats.

Ah, cheers nin! I didn't see that one. Sorry, Blue! Sincerest apologies. My love for this surprisingly quality title overcame me!

News Comments > Resident Evil Revelations 2 Episode 3 Released
1. Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2 Episode 3 Released Mar 11, 2015, 11:11 gravity

Can someone please point me to an honest review, or provide their own, honest opinions about this new episodic series?

The last couple of RE titles burned me out and made me never want to play them again. Should I expect anything more this time around for my money?

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 11, 2015, 10:54 gravity

If you guys haven't checked out Ori and the Blind Forest, please do.

If you're at all interested in a good story, and enjoy platformers in the vein of Metroid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOqrskZ6lI

Also, Blue - this title is available on Steam. I highly recommend it.

News Comments > The Evil Within: The Assignment Released
4. Re: The Evil Within: The Assignment Released Mar 10, 2015, 17:51 gravity

Linksil wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 12:17:
Yea playing through the game right now, and it feels more like RE4/5.

I got trolled for saying this game disappointed me a lot.

It felt more like a chore, instead of fun. It wasn't scary (strange and gory is not scary), and it was convoluted story-wise.

This DLC is supposedly more akin to a true 'survival horror,' so I'm considering trying it to get the bad taste of the original campaign out of my mouth.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Cinematic
17. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Cinematic Mar 6, 2015, 20:17 gravity

harlock wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 14:20:
i guess you guys never played AC:black flag? its not really that big of a deal these days

i mean, if you are looking for actual, absolutely real water simulations, yeh it takes serious hardware and software - but its the same for any physics based thing (wind, destruction, clothes, hair, etc.) if you are trying to make it look totally real

but i think most would agree the water in black flag is awesome, and it reacts very realistically - and it runs perfectly on pretty old hardware

but by all means - keep talking out of your asses lol

While I tend to dissuade negativity, I do agree with the reference to AC:BF, here. I just recently purchased it, and for a nearly two-year old title I'm extremely impressed.

The graphics... the game is above average, but the graphics (especially the water) is mind-blowingly realistic.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation The Trigger Released
8. Re: Alien: Isolation The Trigger Released Mar 3, 2015, 17:20 gravity

DangerDog wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 15:23:
I think it was borderline false advertising where they lead you into believing there's more story content which completely deviates from what one would think they're getting.

I can agree with this on one level, but on the other hand I think my original point still stands. They advertised Survivor Mode packs.. I think it was reasonable to assume the remainder would reflect the included survivor mode that it shipped with - wouldn't you?

Also, there *was* some minimal extra story included in each. Very minimal, but it was there.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation The Trigger Released
3. Re: Alien: Isolation The Trigger Released Mar 3, 2015, 14:50 gravity

DangerDog wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 13:59:
The DLC for this game was a train wreck.

They make these sound like you're getting extra story mode DLC but you'r not.

Even if they completely recycled the space station and only allowed you to play through the game part way from the perspective of different characters it would have been better than these extremely short "survivor mode" map packs.

Was it a train wreck? I'm not judging your opinion, by far, I'm just questioning if it's a 'train wreck' when it's the pre-release advertised DLC, as opposed to not mentioning details about DLC at all before offering 'Season Passes.'

I remember clearly reading their intentions for these DLC packs, and (admittedly) being a bit disappointed, but I signed on quickly and haven't really regretted it per se, but agree also that it could have been much more dynamic had there been story additions.

News Comments > Dying Light Tops U.S. January Sales
9. Re: Dying Light Tops U.S. January Sales Feb 15, 2015, 06:25 gravity

Jerykk wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 21:48:
It's not a shooter. 90% of the combat is melee and you spend most of your time traversing the environment. Also, the game has tons of content (over 40 hours worth) so $60 seems pretty reasonable.

Whole-heartedly agree. I've probably played it 60 hours or more to be completely honest. Probably the most overall plain-ol fun I've ever had in a title. The story wasn't terrible (but definitely no DAO), either.

I wanted to touch on the comparison to DI below, also: from a performance standpoint, I think what they did is probably along the lines of:

+Zombie numbers
-Zombie meshes
+Environment

This creates a much more engaging feeling of "fear," where DI had zero "fear." Don't even start on the nighttime. That was utter terror the first time my watch started beeping and the sun went down.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
7. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Dec 23, 2014, 23:28 gravity

... not to mention that this appears to break extended mode for OculusVR DK2 users... no way Ripley's goin' out like that... naw, I've got MOM to showcase this puppy to for Christmas!

-grav

News Comments > Game Reviews
20. Re: Game Reviews Dec 2, 2014, 14:36 gravity

Verno wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 14:29:
gravity wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 14:24:
I'm not even sure what you mean by lock, if you mean have the enemy selected (another issue, tiny selection zones for clicking things in this game) then yes I've done that and it doesn't remedy the problem I was describing.

Hmm.. so, when you're targeting the reticle appears white.
When you're "locked," the reticle goes to yellow, and you 'focus' the enemy (the camera also shifts closer to the ground, based on your distance from the enemy). Basically, goes more "mass effect over the shoulder" looking.

Is your reticle going yellow?

39 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo