Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for gravity

Real Name gravity   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname gravity
Email djgravity@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 18, 2005, 14:21
Total Comments 16 (Suspect)
User ID 23497

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. Nov 27, 2014, 07:45 gravity

"LGBT" (& and other bizarre psychopathic human rituals)

Really? You think homosexuality is lumped in with 'psychopaths?'

Just wondering..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead
22. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 1, 2014, 14:37 gravity

Alamar wrote on May 1, 2014, 13:46:
... I often obsess about the (new) games I play, and it just wasn't happening with ESO, which, for me, is the biggest factor. If I'm not thinking about getting back home and logging in, it's just not working out, and it's time to end the relationship : )

-Alamar

^this x 10.

I should have scrolled down a bit further to your post before initially responding my reason for cancelling recently.

Thanks for expressing my exact same sentiment. It just wasn't 'grabbing' me... even after I so desperately tried to allow it to.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead
21. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 1, 2014, 14:33 gravity

Rossini wrote on May 1, 2014, 11:21:
If I read that right, it sounds like if you sign up before 8pm EDT today, you'll get an extra 5 'free' days.

I don't know if I'd recommend buying it now for those extra free days. I like the game, but I'm also on the fence about canceling my sub until a lot of things get fixed and polished.

I cancelled my sub a week ago, when I hit 30 and had stopped playing (with no interest in returning) for at least a week.

Grind, grind, grind, grind... the story is 'ok' I guess, but the overall feeling of anything 'new' has long passed. It's all the same 'ol thing to me after a decade and a half of MMOs.

News Comments > Thief Save Game Issue (Joke?)
2. Re: Thief Save Game Issue (Joke?) Apr 2, 2014, 09:21 gravity

nin wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 09:12:
Oh "Thi4f", you continue to entertain. At your own expense.

Quite so. Also, isn't the beginning and ending of that redundant? ala: Thief/Joke?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2013, 10:25 gravity

Blue - When I had issues like this it was either because the card was 1) overheating, or 2) having an issue other than heat with the chipset itself.

If it's still under warranty (my 5600 years ago was, and happily was replaced by eVGA with no issues), consider cashing in on that warranty while it's still active.

News Comments > Another Bethesda Mini-Tease
10. Re: Another Bethesda Mini-Tease Apr 17, 2013, 15:58 gravity

This whole thread is epic win in humor.  

News Comments > Another Bethesda Mini-Tease
5. Re: Another Bethesda Mini-Tease Apr 17, 2013, 14:52 gravity

nin wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 14:48:
The new clip shows some burning sunflowers, a straightforward clue that they are planning an arson game starring Vincent Van Gogh.

Have I mentioned we need more editorial work from Blue???? Because we DO!

I LOL'd hard at this, myself.

News Comments > Destiny PC Clue
19. Re: Destiny PC Clue Feb 19, 2013, 17:52 gravity

RollinThundr wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 17:39:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 16:28:
gravity wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 16:07:
Wii-U would support it (doubtful - they're talking Next-Gen stuff)
If the X360 and PS3 are supported then there's no reason not to do a Wii U port, especially given how similar the architecture is to the X360. That said, the other entries look suspicious and given that Wii U and PC versions weren't announced it's either a very moronic omission or it speaks to how important they consider those platforms.

I dunno, doesn't make sense to do a hardcore shooter on the Wii U, isn't really the target audience.

Bingo - that was my point, plus the fact that the Wii-U isn't really 'next-gen.' It's more 'current-gen' than 'next-gen.'

News Comments > Destiny PC Clue
16. Re: Destiny PC Clue Feb 19, 2013, 16:07 gravity

Seriously, does no one else notice how irrelevant this source HTML really is?

platformClasses = mem.platformClasses =
pc: "platform-pc",
ps3: "platform-ps3",
ps4: "platform-ps4",
xbox: "platform-xbox",
xbox720: "platform-xbox720",
wiiu: "platform-wiiu",
psvista: "platform-psvita"

If we are to believe that this means *anything* and isn't just simply a copy/paste from every other distributor's entertainment software template, then we are to also assume:

Wii-U would support it (doubtful - they're talking Next-Gen stuff)
PSVita (wut?)
XBox 720 (or, so it's definitely the 720... because Bungie says so)
PS4 (oh, now we're cooking with gas)

Really?

News Comments > Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie?
46. Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie? Feb 8, 2013, 17:00 gravity

ItBurn wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 20:41:
gravity wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 17:36:

Let's expand upon this comment..

Name three 'faithful' and 'quality' game-related films. I can't think of two that I would actually want to re-visit more than the first viewing (meaning, low in quality).

Not saying you're not gonna be able to... I just can't think of more than one...

Silent Hill, Mortal Kombat, both Tomb Raider movies, Max Payne, Prince of Persia. You might not have liked some of them, but those were solid movies with solid actors and scripts. Some would add resident evil (not me), but I'd add Doom (loved it). I don't know if you'd count the recent Mortal Kombat web series, but these were awesome.

I'm proud of you for saying "Silent Hill" - that was my "one." Too bad Revelations wasn't that great - but it wasn't terrible either.

MK was cool when I was 12 - I re-watched it recently. Effects technology advancement ignored, it really wasn't very good. Good call with Doom though, despite it being 'not great' or very in-depth, it was reasonably honest with the material.

News Comments > Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie?
22. Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie? Feb 6, 2013, 17:36 gravity

ItBurn wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 15:27:
zombiefan wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 15:23:
Both will suck. 1. Because video game movies suck, and 2. It's JJ Abrams.

While this has a good chance of being true, there are several movies of games that are pretty good. Same with games of movies. There are also a lot of them that suck, but I wanna dispel the idea that they all do.

Let's expand upon this comment..

Name three 'faithful' and 'quality' game-related films. I can't think of two that I would actually want to re-visit more than the first viewing (meaning, low in quality).

Not saying you're not gonna be able to... I just can't think of more than one...

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 10:19 gravity

What exactly does MrsBlue do for Mr. Mouse? Are you allowed to say?

I can only imagine what kind of stress moving a whole home around can cause - let alone, if you're 'forced' to do so.

Are there upsides, or only downsides?

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Breaks Even
48. Re: PC Alan Wake Breaks Even Feb 22, 2012, 10:55 gravity

I wanted to chime in here. There's a lot of opinions I see here and there about ".. who would be interested in a game where I shine a flashlight at monsters.. " etc.

If you've got even a remote interest in survival horror type games, and/or the Max Payne franchise (as I do), you'd probably get quite a bit of solid entertainment out of this game.

It had pretty solid writing (ala Max Payne), and the mechanics were well done, along with some pretty intense moments as the 'shadows' get much faster later on in the game. Add to that some great scoring and soundtrack (Poe, Poets of the Fall, etc) and I really felt I got my $40 worth at GameStop when I bought my XBox 360 with this title.

Seriously. Consider giving it a shot. Take a look at the MetaCritic scores, even. You might be surprised to see that not only the critics, but the community also thought pretty highly of this title overall.

I think, to pay $30 for a quality title these days is not a half bad proposition. Add to that the convenience of Steam and likely upgraded graphics and content (aren't all the DLC included?).. what's so bad about this? Everyone cried about failing the PC community at launch - now everyone's crying about them "failing the PC community at launch" still. They made a mistake, they made up for it, admitting that they probably should have done this from the get-go.

Just my $0.02. I haven't posted on Blue's pages in years, but this one game made that much of an impression upon me.

If the game doesn't interest you at all - fine... why waste time on the article at all?

News Comments > New Left 4 Dead DLC Next Month
17. Re: New L4D DLC Nears Aug 4, 2009, 16:00 gravity

I'm disappointed.

Not ONE of you could muster the courage to just say "TAKE THAT L4D2 WHINERS!"

Seriously.

Valve is notorious for a few things:
1. Taking forever.
2. Changing things without notice or warning.
3. Modifying what is already good.

Whether you like my opinion or not, addressing the above 3 points:
1. The final product is *always* worth the wait.
2. The changes usually result in better balance, and while may be frustrating at first, they always are easy to grasp and adhere to once in play for a while.
3. TF2, as an example, has had nothing but GREAT changes since its release. Compared to TFC, its twenty-fold better. Compare to the original release of L4D with what we have now (tank changes, melee nerf) - if you DON'T think those changes helped balance, you are the type of person who prefers the "easy" route and shouldn't be looking for a challenge. Go play The Sims or something.

Actually.. now that I think about it.. these aren't opinions. They're facts.

32. Re: Said it once... say it again... Jul 25, 2005, 16:10 gravity

(I posted this initially when I first read about your BSoD issue from about a week and a half ago.. I'll post it again, maybe in the hopes if reinforcing that you SWITCH TO ATi!)

I'm telling ya.. this BSoD bs is the very reason I switched from nVidia to ATi about a year ago..

I was a die-hard nVidia supporter for.. gosh.. probably 6-7 years if I'm thinking correctly. Yeah, back in '98 it seems was when the TNT/Riva series was 'en vogue,' yes?

Anyway, after experiencing all sorts of BSoD problems, starting with Win 98 (*note: all ME users should know their OS was the true 'fault').. but then remaining even into latter NT-based OS platforms. Didn't make any sense.

I figured it was a driver or hardware based incompatibility all along. Like I've already said, nVidia can't seem to keep up with themselves as far as hardware, their legacy support is shiet, then they always try to blame the fault on something else (I can't believe [coming from a TS position myself] he suggested you reinstall XP from scratch). See if you can get your running processes (through a new Hardware Profile) down to 10-12 total processes... no more. Another idea - are you installing a slipstreamed version of XP SP2? <wink> You never know

While I totally agree with everyone else's troubleshooting - memory load, heat, etc. I can't emphasize enough that nVidia has stopped putting out both quality hardware AND software in recent years. I stopped buying.. you should too. :,,(

- gravity

71. Re: No subject Jul 18, 2005, 10:21 gravity

I'm telling ya.. this BSoD bs is the very reason I switched from nVidia to ATi about a year ago..

I was a die-hard nVidia supporter for.. gosh.. probably 6-7 years if I'm thinking correctly. Yeah, back in '98 it seems was when the TNT/Riva series was 'en vogue,' yes?

Anyway, after experiencing all sorts of BSoD problems, starting with Win 98 (*note: all ME users should know their OS was the true 'fault').. but then remaining even into latter NT-based OS platforms. Didn't make any sense.

Blue - try getting your system down to a minimum load.. ie: no more than 12-15 processes running. Disable all that nVidia driver crapola and I'm almost 100% certain that you'll discover its a driver issue.

While I totally agree with everyone else's troubleshooting - memory load, heat, etc. I can't emphasize enough that nVidia has stopped putting out both quality hardware AND software in recent years. I stopped buying.. you should too. :,,(

- gravity

16 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo