Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Hawkeye

Real Name Hawkeye   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MashHawkeye
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 18, 2005, 13:55
Total Comments 13 (Suspect)
User ID 23495

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2010, 13:54 MashHawkeye

Our house's minimum temperature is set for 55 degrees. That is when the wood pellet stove kicks in. I don't use oil except for in extreme circumstances, only cord wood and pellets. Usually when I get home from work I'll start building a fire within 10 minutes so that when dinner comes around it's a cozy 67. By the time my boy hits the sack it's probably closer to 73.

-Hawkeye
4077th M*A*S*H - Best Care Anywhere

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2009, 09:59 MashHawkeye

voting in the us is nothing more than an already decided popularity contest. /sigh

News Comments > Monty Python Games?
5. Re: Monte Python Games? Sep 29, 2009, 10:41 MashHawkeye

"I suppose I could stay a bit longer."  

News Comments > 3D Realms Closing?
122. Re: 3D Realms Closing? May 12, 2009, 13:53 MashHawkeye

Well I for one feel like a complete sucka. I did not want to believe that D4E was vaperware. I kept holding my breath for nothing apparently. Way to go. D3D got me into PC gaming and now it seems as if D4E will kick me out.

I am seriously disappointed.

News Comments > Jack Thompson to be Disbarred
19. Re: No subject Sep 25, 2008, 16:03 MashHawkeye

Read my lips Jack...

w00t!

4. Re: Greatest Slam Dunk Ever Sep 22, 2008, 13:48 MashHawkeye

sorry, but that was indeed the lamest slam dunk eva.

18. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2008, 11:36 MashHawkeye

Yeah I was pretty stoned playing Duke Nukem 3D back then.
We only had 4 nodes and a server, but what fun it was to shrink-ray your buddy across the table and steal his bong hit while he was running around awaiting the "mighty foot!"

"Ha ha ha! Wasted!"

24. Coffee Grinders Jul 24, 2008, 15:19 MashHawkeye

Hey Blue, first of all I work part-time at http://www.yourkitchenstore.com and I drink a REAL lot of coffee. I also have burned through a lot of grinders. What I found the best so far is actually a low-tech solution. We have hand-cranked coffee grinders that work just as well if not better than the electric. They are cheaper and mine has lasted for 8 years now.

2. DirecTV Jul 2, 2008, 10:25 MashHawkeye

No Blue, charge them through the roof. Charge them $100+ for every hour you didn't get signal.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Guitar Hero Librarian Feb 6, 2008, 16:21 MashHawkeye

In response to the public library in Milford NH: we here at the Mason Library at Keene State College in Keene NH are considering a Guitar Hero challange battling me, the Library Systems Technician. Beat me on Hard and have your fees late fees dropped. Lost a book? Sorry, that we will charge you full price for, unless you can beat me on Expert.

This comment was edited on Feb 6, 16:22.

1. grats! happy b-day blue Nov 21, 2007, 10:31 MashHawkeye

News Comments > Battlestar Galactica Demo
6. BSG Demo Oct 31, 2007, 14:30 MashHawkeye

I am very VERY glad that I tried so that I would not buy.

68. Bf2 BSoDs Jul 18, 2005, 10:10 MashHawkeye

Hey Blue, first time comment although I have been reading for years now...

I also have had BSoDs like yours which I assume are from the game software. My rig is slightly different though, its an Alienware laptop 3.0G, 1024MB, nvidia 5700 mobile (never had a bsod until BF2). Every game installed has been played like a dream (UT2k4, Hl2, Doom3, Bf42, BFv), BSOD and crash free, with the exception of BF2. NV_DISP is also the same thing that appears in my wonderful screen of death. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for these as most of the time BF2 plays fine (although I have to run at 1024x768, not native 1650x1250.) It does appear to be fairly random because it has happened on both single and multiplayer, while starting the game up, and sometimes 2-3 hours into the game. The BSoDs so far have both completely frozen the system and forced reboots. I have not had one so far on the 1.02 patch, but I am bracing myself for it soon.

I can not say that in my years of techsupport and trouble shooting that I have ever seen an application cause a bsod. To the best of my knowledge they have always been related to hardware, but now I am also doubting that.

Your site to me is like smack to an addict.

-Hawkeye

13 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo