Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MTechnik

Real Name MTechnik   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MTechnik
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://mt3chn1k.com
Signed On Jul 14, 2005, 13:31
Total Comments 365 (Amateur)
User ID 23463

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > On A Vampyre Story Sequels
1. Re: On A Vampyre Story Sequels Jan 12, 2009, 10:15 MTechnik

Anyone get this? It seems fun...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Saints Row 2
15. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Saints Row 2 Jan 7, 2009, 23:15 MTechnik

Thanks for the heads up. Much 'preciated!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 5, 2009, 10:02 MTechnik

8000 jobs?

according to the wikipedia they employ 180,501 (as of 31 March 2008)... so 8,000 isn't even 5%

Most large companies turn over that amount of staff annually intentionally, just to continue to remove under performing employees.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2009, 12:18 MTechnik

Yeh but... I have to drive to the fish store that is about an hour away - the nice "gap" before the 4:00 game today makes that possible. Using up all of the useful daylight on both weekend days would suck.  

News Comments > Mobilization
7. Re: EVE... Dec 31, 2008, 16:14 MTechnik

I would love to be able to update the skills for characters... even better if I can check markets and set prices on items for sale.  

News Comments > Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason PhysX Tech Demo
2. Re: Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason PhysX Tech Demo Dec 17, 2008, 21:48 MTechnik

I can't wait till after x-mas and I build the new system - i7 with a new 260 core 216. Then I can demote the "old" 8800GT to a dedicated physx card. That should make for a good gaming experience for something like that.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: World at War Mod Tools
8. Re: Call of Duty: World at War Mod Tools Nov 21, 2008, 07:48 MTechnik

Why you would not use Infinity Ward to develop this game after the SUPERB job they did on COD4 is beyond me.

Easy- Infinity Ward takes 2 years to make a game. They started working on COD6 as soon as COD4 was done. But since Activision wants a yearly release, they get one of their other shops to make the odd-numbered release. IW also made COD2 but not COD3, another example for you.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2008, 07:39 MTechnik

Happy birthday, Blue. Hope you get a nice dinner and some "treats" from the wife.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 15, 2008, 09:58 MTechnik

Awww yeah, dead kennedys! California Uber Alles!  

News Comments > WAR Status
15. Re: end of first month Oct 18, 2008, 19:59 MTechnik

You should've waited a month or two for them to iron the problems out before you started playing. Oh well, it's your loss.

This is why I've waited on WAR and AoC.

WoW didn't get "good" until it was out a couple of years. Now the bar is set higher and games come out with more at the outset. But, personally, I like to wait 6-12 months and see how things shake out before diving into a new MMO.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Demo Plans
6. Re: ... Sep 10, 2008, 14:09 MTechnik

Demo? I don't need no stinkin' demo. This is one of the few games this year I'll plunge into without getting a demo first. If I am burnt, it'll be the first time by Valve.

News Comments > Crysis Warhead PC Specs
39. Re: No subject Sep 8, 2008, 18:25 MTechnik

yeah, does it average 30fps, or is it "no less than 30fps"? Big difference.

Heh, what am I talking about? I won't bother buying it. I've found the COD series gives me much better return for my money for FPS games.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: No subject Sep 1, 2008, 21:48 MTechnik

I remember just sitting back in a dimmed room listening to *gasp* albums. Ok, there may have been some burning shrubs, but still, it didn't need lights and wireless to have fun.

This is just bringing kids back to enjoying music for what it is. And adding lights and wireless to it.

News Comments > A Vampyre Story Movie
3. ... Aug 27, 2008, 20:32 MTechnik

I wish they'd announce steam distribution for the game... I'd sign up for it.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Rats... Aug 27, 2008, 20:31 MTechnik

I am looking forward to that album...

News Comments > Ubisoft: Europe Our Biggest Territory
10. Re: ... Aug 27, 2008, 18:12 MTechnik

Maybe Europe hasn't figured out how badly they effed up the Rainbow series yet.

News Comments > Call of Duty 6 in 2009
30. Re: No subject Aug 3, 2008, 16:54 MTechnik

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Red something or other done that with a Q3 mod available for purchase and download on Steam?

Red Orchestra is WWII, not WWI - that's the thing, if you drop the thompsons, mp40's and garands, you can make a WWI game. Make that 1911 MUCH more important. Would be a ton of fun, imho. Someone did make battlefield 1918, but I really really don't want to load up an old battlefield mod.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 16:56.

21. Re: No subject Aug 3, 2008, 11:32 MTechnik

I think that:

WWI FPS - could be great. Bolt action rifles, semi-auto pistols, bayonets. Deployed MGs, and the occasional giant tank. Could be tons of fun. And bi-plane bombers dropping hand grenades.

I also think that some korean FPS could be good... M14's against SKSs no?

I also think a vietnam'ish game could be done with a disparity of sides. Have the US side have clearly better equipment, but have them be at a 2:1 disadvantage for actual men on the field.

17. Re: No subject Aug 3, 2008, 11:06 MTechnik

They've been doing this for a while. Infinity Ward's members (under the name of 2015) made Medal of Honor. When EA pressed them for yearly games, they said "GFY" and left to form Infinity Ward.

IW knows they need more than a year to make a "good game" with their tools/resources/etc.

In the deal with Activision, they make a game every 2 years. Activision, in their driving need to compete with Ubi's yearly game releases (rainbow6/ghost recon) and EA's annual franchises (MOH, Battlefield), they have decided to flip-flop between two of their developers and keep working that "Call of Duty" name.

So, what I've learned is that I really care about the even numbered Call of Duty games, and wait for feedback on the odd ones - if they even come on a mousing FPS platform I like.

News Comments > Tech Bit
1. Darnit Jul 20, 2008, 18:40 MTechnik

get the merger over with so that I can get sirius in my infiniti without putting a new damned receiver in. football season starts soon!

I want a damned investigation as to the interference clearchannel was allowed to do the entire time. I thought the republicans were about greasing the skids of business, not holding it up for a bit more graft.

365 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo