Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2215 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Weapon Customization Details, Video
3. Re: Battlefield 4 Weapon Customization Details, Video Sep 6, 2013, 23:34 Agent.X7

Awesome!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
63. Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2013, 19:51 Agent.X7

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 19:26:
Creston wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 11:54:
Alright, he's now said he was sorry, so we can let the whole fucking issue go and it need never ever ever ever ever be fucking mentioned again.

Especially on a news site about games... Penny Arcade are as much Gamers as I am the King of Odyssia. Stop Mentioning Penny Arcade ^^

Oh, you get to decide that for everyone, do you? I've had people tell me I'm not a gamer because I haven't played any Madden games. Or because until recently I hadn't tried Minecraft. Or because whatever dufus reasoning they come up with.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
62. Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2013, 19:49 Agent.X7

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 19:21:
Creston wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 17:52:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 17:00:
There was nothing sincere or apologetic about the second comic.

You think so. I think differently. To me the second comic is their way of apologizing for controversy when it hits their site. They've done it before in the past. But it's a boring topic, and I'll never convince you and you'll never convince me, so :-shrug-:

Perhaps they need to be less ambiguous in the sincerity of their apologies then, because it seems like every 12-18 months, they say something dickish, then double down, reject all criticism, act all victimized, and then finally issue an apology that strikes a lot of people as sarcastic. Look I get that they have a "style", namely of fulfilling all the worst stereotypes about gamers, but unless they find that this shit actually GAINS them fans, then they should probably get some better PR people, or at the very least start behaving like adults.

HAHAHAHAHA, acting like adults, hahahahahaha. Good one. Have you met many adults lately? I own a retail store. My 3 year old acts more civilized than 75% of my customers. I'm sure Batman can tell you just how adults act as well. I know a few LEOs, and they love humanity in all of it's colorful "adulthood."

Krahulik has admitted he has an issue with being defensive. His first, knee-jerk reaction is always to be a giant asshole. Then he ends up apologizing and usually winds up giving a ton of money to charity. Then you have the other side of the coin, where I doubt most of the detractors have done much about anything except bitch on the internet. I'm not defending him because I don't really know him, and because he doesn't really seem like he needs it. It just irritates me how many people read the headline and stop, then come out bitching.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
58. Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2013, 17:58 Agent.X7

mag wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 16:03:
Creston wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 14:44:
Beamer wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 14:23:
Yeah, it's the theme of the site, and it's what people are objecting to - how over the top it is.

It's funny how those people never complain when Gabe murders Tycho in a brutal fashion, or someone is fed into a wood chipper, or radioactive scorpions bite one of them in the dick, or dogs tear them to pieces or... etc

But a fictional character mentions fictional rape by a fictional dickwolf and "OMG YOU GUYS CONDONE RAPE."

/sigh.

Caveat: As I said before, I don't think this comic was offensive, I did not see a problem with it, etc. etc. I am not in favor of censoring tasteless humor, and I think there are some good arguments that can be made in this vein.

But. I think the rape/murder argument is weak. The main problem with the analogy is that rape happens way more often than murder, disproportionately affects a marginalized group, is frequently not punished, and involves a lot of victim-blaming. If 1 in 5 men were murdered by their best bros who then got away with it (and with large numbers of people defending the bro-murders), then the non-fuss over Gabe/Tycho murders might make more sense.

Who defends rapists? I mean, who actually thinks out right rape is OK other than frat-boys with expensive lawyers?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2013, 14:27 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 13:40:
PropheT wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 13:15:
Cutter wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 13:06:
There is no such thing as free speech. There is protected speech. Big difference. I'll never understand the mentality of these self-entitled 'It's America so I can do whatever the fuck I want and fuck personal responsibility!' attitude. Krahulik needs a severe beating. Like a year in a hospital, major surgeries, crippled for life kind of beating. Then he might just realize there are consequences to actions.

I've got to be honest, when I see a post like that it makes me wonder why I'd ever want to be part of the same community it comes out of.

Well, thanks for letting us know you're pro-rape and pro-asshole. On ignore you go.

Forgot your meds again today, I see.

Because someone is against someone else being beaten to the point of crippling him for life just for voicing an opinion makes them pro-rape? And you think other people don't understand consequences, Jesus.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2013, 12:39 Agent.X7

Zzzzzzzzz...huh? ARMAGARD! DICKWOLVES! RAGE! *snort*zzzzzzzzzzzzz  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
39. Re: Gaming is a mature hobby for resonable adults and not righteous manchildren, or not Sep 4, 2013, 19:02 Agent.X7

I only watched Strip Search because A) The name is hilariously misleading and B) I knew it wouldn't be a PG rated bullshit reality toilet bowl. I despise reality shows, but this was pretty funny. Mike and Jerry were hilarious overactors, and some of the stuff they made the artists do was funny. Not sure if I would invest time in a second season, however. I mean, even The Real World was interesting in the first season, and then it was all downhill from there, until we reached Dancing with the Stars and Honey BooBoo level of drooling idiocy.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
21. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 4, 2013, 18:56 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 16:21:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 14:41:
Verno wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 09:27:
They got beat on the release date too, ouch. Microsoft has a lot of making up to do this gen, time to get started.

Dude, MS supports 8 controllers. EIGHT. Sony only supports four. I'd say the XB1 is well on its way to TOTAL DOMINATION.

And don't forget, each Xbone comes with CLOUD MAJICS that gives you teh power of FOUR MORE XBONES!1!!1!
That, and EIGHT CONTROLLERS, means that teh XBONE is THIRTY-TWO times more AWESOME than anything else in TEH UNIVERSE!

/shitty haircut man.

LOL. I still cannot imagine a game needing 8 controllers. I think that's why Sony cut back. The trend has been for multiplayer to be online, so there are very few games that support same room multiplayer anyway. Maybe it's so you can have 2 guitars, bass, drums, a singer AND keyboards in the all new ROCK BAND! Too bad that trend has died and now you don't need all those inputs.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Sep 4, 2013, 00:31 Agent.X7

PropheT wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 23:17:
Redmask wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 22:58:
Krahulik pointlessly reopened the issue, showing all of the maturity of a 13 year old so it's hard to get mad at people for reacting appropriately.

I don't know, the argument is with someone who thinks that the only thing the creators of Child's Play have done right was to pull merchandise related to a comic they made that didn't really say what she made it out to say.

All he did was to essentially say that it was a mistake to try and talk with people who weren't actually attempting to discuss anything.

This.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Sep 3, 2013, 23:06 Agent.X7

ARMAGARD! DICKWOLVES! RAGE!!

Seriously, it takes no effort at all to ignore something you don't like, but it takes a real effort to get all worked up over nothing. The comic was FUNNY. It was meant to illustrate how ridiculous these theme park quests are in MMOs. Instead a very loud vocal minority latched on to the word rape in the comic and ARMAGARD! DICKWOLVES! RAGE!!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > More BF4 Commander Mode Details
12. Re: More BF4 Commander Mode Details Aug 31, 2013, 13:42 Agent.X7

Going to be renting a BF4 server for my store. Can't wait. I just wish this supported Windows tablets too.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 30, 2013, 12:22 Agent.X7

Hey, I used to work IT at Lockheed Martin. The executives - the ones who bitched about security constantly - were the ones with passwords taped to their monitors or on the bottom of their keyboards. (Yeah, nobody thinks to look there, pal.) I can totally believe the NSA bigwigs are the same type of people.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Tactical Intervention Open Beta
2. Re: Tactical Intervention Open Beta Aug 30, 2013, 12:19 Agent.X7

It looks like CS Source. From, you know, a decade ago.

It has the same mirror image firearms. (Which annoys me.)

It looks like, essentially, the same gameplay.

Man, I was sick of CS by 2002.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields
29. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 19:52 Agent.X7

born2expire wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 18:22:
Hardcore is a joke. It's either airsoft losers playing "tactical", snipers camping some remote bush or *gasp* skilled players quickscoping everything and one shooting noobs.

EVERYONE THAT DOESN'T AGREE WITH ME IS STUPID! RAWR!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Borderlands 2 GOTY Announced; Game May Set 2K Sales Record
3. Re: Borderlands 2 GOTY Announced; Game May Set 2K Sales Record Aug 28, 2013, 17:46 Agent.X7

Good, now I only have to wait for a price drop so I can get all the DLC on the cheap and actually play this damn game all the way through.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

24. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 17:45 Agent.X7

Redmask wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 17:32:
Hardcore requires skill and teamwork to succeed, BF regular is for hotdogs who just want to be johnny l33t. Actions have consequences, you run around like a chicken with its head cut off then you get what's coming to you. Regular BF is way too forgiving of bullshit.

And the dig at my skill? Who cares. I'm not great, but I don't suck either. I get killed a lot because I am trying to actually accomplish the objective while half of the team is usually just trying for a good KD ratio.

Right on man, his dig at your skill tells us all we need to know about his play style. All K/D ratio and personal glory, all the time. Not being 'bad' is more important than the team winning.

Like the "team players" that start screaming "THIS TEAM SUXORS!" when your team is losing, and yet are snipers with a 44/5 score who haven't once tried to help with an objective. They're never looking to cover the guy trying to get the MCom or CP, they're looking to get easy kills. But the team sucks.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

19. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 17:01 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 15:52:
born2expire wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 15:44:
HC mode is lame, spray and prey and get 4 kills, wahooo. where is the skill in that?

Hahah what, is this opposite day or something? Hardcore mode has weapon lethality, what's the problem there? The skill comes from not putting yourself in situations where you get killed easily. If you just spray and pray you give away your position and are killed more often than not. Also where the hell are 4 people sitting around in the open in hardcore in the first place? It's not like its one sided, you die as easily as you kill other people.

Yeah, you know what happens when you spray and pray in HC? You blast the walls, the ceiling, the floor, and the potted plants. Then the guy who you weren't aiming at kills you with a well aimed double tap.

I can't tell you the number of times I have laughed my ass off while watching some guy unload his magazine at me. Most of the time my rifles are set on single shot for accuracy, and I am good enough to hit someone with the 2 or 3 shots needed to kill them at close range while they spray 20 rounds at the scenery.

And the dig at my skill? Who cares. I'm not great, but I don't suck either. I get killed a lot because I am trying to actually accomplish the objective while half of the team is usually just trying for a good KD ratio.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/JStarX7/stats/224444423/

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Activision on Annual Calls of Duty
10. Re: Quoteworthy: Activision on Annual Calls of Duty Aug 28, 2013, 15:01 Agent.X7

The first two Modern Warfare games and World at War were pretty fun in multi. Then they just got ridiculous. Shrinking maps for consoles but them upping the player count for the PC (yeah, 32 players in Nuke Town, awesome! No.), annoying killstreak bonuses that assure whoever starts on top stays on top, and the same damn gameplay as the year before.

I hate the shooting gallery feel of the single player, so I never touch it. That means they want to charge me yearly for multiplayer that never changes. I played CS for years, and I never had to pay for it. Sure, it never changed too much (well, after release. It changed quite a bit since those first beta sessions. Gun running, whee!) but they never made me pay for the same old either.

I made the mistake of buying Black Ops, but I won't ever purchase another CoD game unless they can bring back the fun in multiplayer. I don't have much hope for Ghosts.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

11. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 14:53 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 13:52:
The whole godmode radar and other weird things in Normal are really meh. Anyone taking multiple rounds from a high caliber rifle or 50cal on a vehicle is just bizarre too. I'm not a huge hurrf durrf realism nut but BF3 Normal mode might as well be called Arcade.

What, you don't like the crouch only servers? Lol. (Which violate the ranked server terms)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

8. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 13:39 Agent.X7

MajorD wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 10:21:
Verno wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 10:06:

A lot of the HC player base moved on unfortunately and IMHO its the only way to play BF3, the times I had to play normal with RL friends were abysmal.

I totally agree. The first time I played a non-HC server with some friends that wanted jump in and play, it was the last time. Everyone becomes bullet sponges, there is no intensity, and just seems flat. Yeah, HC is the only way to play in IMO as well.

Same here. HC is fun, the normal mode is ridiculous. Love emptying a whole mag into someone who then turns around and one shots you with a pistol.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2215 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 44.
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo