Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 1975 (Pro)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > SQUARE ENIX on Tomb Raider Shortfall
38. Re: SQUARE ENIX on Tomb Raider Shortfall Apr 9, 2013, 18:03 Agent.X7

PHJF wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 17:48:
I don't know how young you people are, but Tomb Raider used to be one of the biggest franchises in gaming. How else do you think it ended up with a bunch of Angelina Jolie movies?

Uncharted 3 has, to date, pushed over 5 million... and that was PS3 exclusive. I'm no industry expert but personally I blame platform age for Tomb Raider's "shortfall". My PS3 library isn't going to get any larger short of something really amazing; I didn't even buy GoW4.

The key words are USED TO BE. I think they bet on an IP that used to be huge forgetting that it used to be huge over a decade ago. Don't get me wrong, I think it is a fantastic game. I love it. But betting on it selling as much as they were thinking was insane.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SQUARE ENIX on Tomb Raider Shortfall
23. Re: SQUARE ENIX on Tomb Raider Shortfall Apr 9, 2013, 12:42 Agent.X7

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 09:23:
It just occurred to me I have been accepting game sales numbers "as is" without much thought about it.

I agree selling 5 million copies of a game is doing well. But why? Why don't games sell more? I mean when a game sells 5 million copies, what percentage of gamers is that? It has to be small, right? I mean, single digits small. Why aren't there games selling 10s of millions? The "AAA titles" get shipped in 4-6 languages... shouldn't there be more sales?

Used games, man. Their sales numbers only count first time sales. A LOT of people wait and buy used on consoles. I can't even count the number of used Tomb Raider and Hitman games we have sold since it came out.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month
30. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 18:54 Agent.X7

MattyC wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 17:53:
Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 17:43:
I feel Blizzard is on a bit of a tumble currently with SC2

You didn't care for SC2 either? Guess we just have really different taste. I thought Wings was good and HotS great. D3 I will give you. I think I got my moneys worth with it, but I'd say that was a 70% game on release that way maybe patched into the 80% much later. Which is fine, I have played much worse, but it isn't what I expect from Blizzard.

I wasn't going to play SC2 because the first one came out so long ago that I forgot what happened. And I hate the online.

But I ended up getting it, and I like the single player a lot. (Enough to pause halfway and play the first one again to refresh my memory.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month
28. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 18:51 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 15:33:
Frijoles wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 15:08:
Tanto Edge wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 14:44:
$175 USD? WTF? Most Cons are like fifty or a hundo and these dipshits are charging as much as... $500 goddamned dollars!?!??

And it still sells out in hours, if not minutes.

Blizzard franchises have a lot of mainstream appeal and they have a long brand history, it would indicate a major problem if they didn't.

It was a combination of things -- my guild effectively died, we had stopped raiding. I was also a bit tired of the game after 6 years, I had previously taken a six month hiatus prior to the release of Cataclysm. But the killer/final straw was the announcement of Mists of Pandaria. Both the silliness of the pandas, but moreover further dumbing down of the talent system. Since I knew I had no interest in the next expansion it made it a lot easier to let my subscription lapse.

Cool. A friend of mine swears its better than Cataclysm but I'm never going back, playing one game for that long just ain't natural.

I know a lot of people who still play Counter-Strike.

I quit between expansions. I may raid a tiny bit, but I can't stand griding raids and heroics for gear. I play the content and then get out until the next one. WotLK kept me subbed until Cata, but Cata was so short in terms of new content for high level characters that I was done in 2 months. Tried to play Pandaria when it released, but GW2 was too new and I couldn't get into it. Just got a couple of free months so I am slowly working through. I spend more time in pet battles than anything though.

Of course, now that Defiance is out my time will probably expire without me even logging in.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Defiance
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Defiance Apr 3, 2013, 02:24 Agent.X7

It doesn't have a sub.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Defiance
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Defiance Apr 2, 2013, 23:09 Agent.X7

A new sci-fi show by Rockne O'Bannon! (Farscape was awesome!)  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > April F-f-f-foolin' 2013, Part 1
16. Re: April F-f-f-foolin', Part 1 Apr 1, 2013, 12:06 Agent.X7

More from Blizzard: Supply Depot - The Game!
[url=]http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/supplydepot/[/url]

Also, check out the WoW homepage, they have a crab like the old Office helper from MS with a bunch of sayings. (You can also click him to change his hat)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 29, 2013, 13:17 Agent.X7

Of course the NY Courts would uphold the tax. The courts are owned by the politicians who profit from taxes in the first place.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Next Week's Borderlands 2 Patch Details
9. Re: Next Week's Borderlands 2 Patch Details Mar 28, 2013, 23:25 Agent.X7

I bought the CE, but I'm actually waiting for the GOTY edition with all the nickle and dime BS DLC included for $39.99 just to play the game. By the time the GOTY comes out they have fixed most of the bugs and stuff anyway.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Guild Wars II - Flame and Frost: The Razing Live
5. Re: Guild Wars II - Flame and Frost: The Razing Live Mar 27, 2013, 00:53 Agent.X7

I want them to go back to Elona. I liked the African theme a lot.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Square Enix Reports "Extraordinary Loss" - President Resigns
46. Re: Square Enix Reports Mar 26, 2013, 15:16 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 13:33:
Creston wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 13:24:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 13:22:
You need to know accounting to understand what we mean when we say we are operating at a loss. On paper, our expenses are more than our profits. However, if I was really losing $7 to 11K per month, I wouldn't still be here.

What? That's crazy!

I don't know what it is about this board, but people seem to love claiming that losses are losses and what you describe is absolutely impossible, no matter what every CPA in the US says.

Rolleyes

Creston

And, again, Creston confuses the operations of a small, private business with a large, public company.

Some people kept claiming THQ was losing money on paper. Then it ran out of money and went out of business.

Whoopsies!

Here's a good indicator: if your CEO gets shown the door, you probably actually lost money. If you're running a business that doesn't really have anything to depreciate yet you're showing a huge loss, you probably are losing money.

If you are running a business that has nothing to depreciate, you are doing it wrong.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

45. Re: Square Enix Reports Mar 26, 2013, 15:14 Agent.X7

Quboid wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 15:02:
If they've lost $100M through write-offs and only $30M net loss, doesn't that suggest that they've been operating at a loss for the last few years and have been hiding that, the opposite of what's being suggested here? Perhaps now they've run out of ways to hide the loss so they're taking it off the books in one big hit, and kicking out the guy who has been making losses for years.

IANAA(ccountant)

Without access to their books and their board, it's pretty much impossible to say. It's not unheard of for the board to ask someone to resign after that person did exactly what the board wanted them to do in the first place. Corporate politics are pretty much just as dirty as government politics. (Especially since a lot of the time they are one in the same...)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

36. Re: Square Enix Reports Mar 26, 2013, 13:22 Agent.X7

I liked the new Hitman a lot, and I loved the new Tomb Raider.

I run a small business, and we have been operating at a loss since we opened almost a year ago. You need to know accounting to understand what we mean when we say we are operating at a loss. On paper, our expenses are more than our profits. However, if I was really losing $7 to 11K per month, I wouldn't still be here. It's all about cashflow. In a small company like mine, our loss makes it hard to get a loan, but we can keep going as long as the cashflow is there. IN a large corp, the loss basically effects shareholders. The company usually isn't in danger of going under, but the heads of management can be shitcanned for not making anybody any dividends.

It's a bit more complex, really, but I'm not typing out an accounting course here.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2013, 12:25 Agent.X7

PHJF wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 11:38:

Without actually reading the article, I'm a little excited for the PS4 because I think it's good news for PC gaming for a few reasons. We'll see.

I'm a little excited because maybe I'll get to play Last Guardian now! Huzzah!

Haha. Vaporware right up there with HL2: Ep 3.

I think the PS4 looks good. It's great to see that they are finally putting a decent amount of RAM in a console. I like some of my games on PS3 now, but I still play the majority on PC. I think McGee is just grandstanding. "Look at me, I'm a has-been who needs to bash things to try to retain some notoriety!" New input methods just for the sake of having them suck. If they really add something, fine. But look at Playstation Move. Ugh. They had to have some sort of motion control just because Nintendo and Xbox did, but it was pretty crap. (Of course, Kinect is a good idea on paper and pretty crap in reality as well.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Announced
5. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Announced Mar 23, 2013, 00:25 Agent.X7

I actually think it looks interesting. If they could find a way to tie it into people's accounts and let them win stuff for other Blizz games, that'd be cool too.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
15. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 16, 2013, 22:25 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Mar 16, 2013, 22:06:
This is the last generation of consoles. There won't be anymore after this. People no longer need them.

What are you, Patcher?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

12. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 16, 2013, 18:01 Agent.X7

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 16, 2013, 16:17:
Colonial Marines will be what makes people buy a Wii U.

L.O.Effing.L.

Colonial Marines wouldn't make people buy a hotdog, let alone a $300 system.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

8. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 16, 2013, 12:45 Agent.X7

If they don't turn things around quick, I think this will be their last console. They do great portable systems, but the target market for the WiiU barely knows it exists. I get a ton of people every day asking if it is the new Nintendo portable, or an add on for the Wii, etc.

They'd be better off making games for other consoles anyway. Put Mario on PS3 and 360 and watch how fast it sells. A lot of people love Nintendo IPs, but don't want to buy a system for a couple of Mario, Zelda, and MEtroid games.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > WoW Free Character Moves
2. Re: WoW Free Character Moves Mar 14, 2013, 12:22 Agent.X7

It's hard to believe Mannoroth is an under-populated server. I started off there and it was hugely overcrowded for years. I wound up leaving right before Litch King because I couldn't stand how many people were always on. (Most of them with nothing better to do than gank lowbies) Seemed liek there was always a queue to log in too.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm
57. Re: Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Mar 12, 2013, 17:51 Agent.X7

The original came out so long ago that I forgot what happened. Just like Valve with their fast to market episodes. One a year, right guys?  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

1975 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo