Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2305 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2014, 17:54 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 16:33:
Hawaian Meatballs is what's for dinner. Everyone go make this.

Weird that you posted this. I had some two weeks ago. Very good.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2014, 15:38 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 15:14:
I feel like this is the dog days of gaming. Nothing really exciting has come out lately, and nothing is scheduled to for a while either. ED is the thing I'm most interested in, but going to wait until it's finished.

Also, I kind of lost interest in football about 20 years ago, so the start of the season doesn't do much for me.

Diablo II on console - fantastic version. Looks just like PC, plays better.

The Last of Us Remastered.

INfamous First Light on PS4 - single player add-on/stand alone for Second SOn. Great game!

Both The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us are finishing up their seasons.

Lichdom: Battlemage looks pretty cool. (STEAM)

The Metro Redux games if you've never played Metro before.

I dunno. Late June and all of July are pretty barren most years, but August is when it starts picking up again. Lots of stuff came out this month.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2014, 13:45 Agent.X7

I'm killing myself laughing.... as a child of the 70's and a mum today, this is scarily SPOT ON!! Love it!

Uh, no. Granted I did not start school until 1980, but the 70s part is pretty typical. They forgot filling out the school book memory thing, which is the equivalent of today's FB photos with the wipe/chalk board.

The 2014 part is for rich people, maybe. My kid is in pre-school, but we sure as hell didn't spend a shit-ton of money getting her clothes and monogrammed backpacks and blah blah blah. No psychologist. No BS. We did the wipeboard picture because it's a neat idea, cheap, and the equivalent of the school book my mom filled out for me for 13 years of school.

My rich sister, however. Yeah, she does insane amounts of buying for her kids. SHE'S RICH, not typical. (And also the reason I spend next to nothing on my own kid's clothes! Go hand me downs from her older cousin!)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
8. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 25, 2014, 01:39 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 23:42:
It's easy to see why Microsoft ate crow and backscrabbled so quickly when rumors started flying that Gamestop was going to simply not carry the failbox and focus on PS4 exclusively.

It baffles me why people keep going to gamestop, though. Apparently shitty service from a drooling moron who knows shit about games is the preferred shopping experience for the average console player?

Well, when they have a chokehold on the industry, sometimes you have to go there. I could not pre-order the Ghost edition of Destiny anywhere else. Amazon was sold out in minutes of it being listed. Best Buy is clueless and pre-ordering CEs from them is basically rolling the dice and hoping they don't fuck you. Nobody else seemed to have the Ghost Edition up for pre-order.

Shit, when I owned my own game store I had to pre-order some things from Gamestop because I knew my distributors weren't going to get them. They move inventory like nobody else in the industry, so publishers kiss their ass and screw everyone else.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

5. Re: RE: Follow up Aug 24, 2014, 23:37 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 16:54:
Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 16:27:
Aaaaaaaand, I finally found a copy of DIII on PS4 today. Yay. Thanks, stupid ISIS worshiping "hackers." (Yeah, DDoS attack, really talented. Go you.)

Woot! Think I just hit 18 on my DH...really surprised how well the controls have worked out.

Haha, I thought you were skipping because you got so high on PC? I wish fucking Blizzard would enable controller support for PC so I didn't have to play on PS4. Unfortunately, controller is the superior input for this game. Got so tired of running where I wanted to shoot and having to hold down shift all the time to make sure I didn't.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

3. Re: RE: Follow up Aug 24, 2014, 16:27 Agent.X7

Aaaaaaaand, I finally found a copy of DIII on PS4 today. Yay. Thanks, stupid ISIS worshiping "hackers." (Yeah, DDoS attack, really talented. Go you.)  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
8. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 24, 2014, 01:28 Agent.X7

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 14:48:
nin wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 14:32:
I don't limit myself to one platform or allegiance.

So. You are one of those heretics.

Joking aside, I own a PS3 also, but I can't tolerate shooters on a gamepad. Mouse/KB is way too ingrained in my muscle memory now after decades of gameplay. Hopefully Destiny makes its way to PC at some point.

I hate shooters on a controller, but Destiny actually plays pretty well. I was surprised.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Aug 22, 2014, 23:55 Agent.X7

It's hard to be honest when you get censored for it. I know a couple of my reviews didn't get published because I gave the games in question a really low score and called out all of their issues. I guess the editors didn't want to piss off the publishers, so we just didn't publish the review.

It's honestly hard to please any of you anyway. When I gave out a good score because it's a game I liked and thought was done well, I was a shill. When I gave it a mediocre score (Which I tend to think is 5 to 7) people whined because their game was so much better than a 5. Well, I thought it was mediocre at best. "Well, then it should have got a 7 or 8!" Um, no.

And I never once got any money from a publisher. (Shit, sometimes MY publisher didn't even want to pay me.) Mostly it was a free copy of the game or hardware I was reviewing. Sometimes I got a t-shirt or lanyard or some crap which I assure you is not something that would have swayed my opinion.

BTW, I quit because my employer decided that game journalists shouldn't be paid. We should do it for the love of the games! I went from $100 to $150 an article to "Fuck you, it'll look good on your resume." Ahahahaha. No.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2014, 15:29 Agent.X7

Some people should just donate $100. (ALS)

I would join you in your football, uh, whatever it is you do but I know only 3 things about football: 1) Jack 2) Shit and 3) the local team is the Panthers.

OK, I looked into it a bit. I am down for randomly picking teams! Where do I get the group password from?

NM, found it. How many edits can I do today? Aaaaand, random teams picked! Go cool sounding team names! (Although Buccaneers vs Panthers, man, hard pick. Panthers are local, but pirates are COOL!)

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2014, 15:41.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Diablo III Gold Bonus
7. Re: Diablo III Gold Bonus Aug 22, 2014, 03:02 Agent.X7

Icewind wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 01:07:
I actually bought the new one out of the Playstation and it's pretty fun. I still play the shit out of PoE, but it's fairly obvious they only cared about this new console version. Even the controls are slick as hell, and I'm a KB+Mouse guy.

I tried to get it on PS4, but Gamestop is playing their "we only ordered enough for pre-orders" bullshit game again. Fuck them. (Have credit, didn't want to spend actual cash on it.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 20, 2014, 23:48 Agent.X7

I have a Samsung Note 3. I would buy a tablet with cell in a heartbeat. I don't ever hold my phone to my ear anyway. (That's what headsets are for)  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2014, 23:08 Agent.X7

yonder wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 22:35:
PHJF wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 22:19:
You seriously comparing seating people at a restaurant to medical care? It takes five, ten minutes to cook a steak. Want to tell me how long to detect and then tell somebody they have cancer?

Who cares if doctors actually have legitimately important and complex jobs and that they may have been in an emergency at the hospital earlier that day which caused his 2PM appointment to be bumped up an annoying amount of time even though the doctor helped save a life. Dammit... 2 PM!!!!!!

I understand doctors have to have flexible schedules. My podiatrist often was late because I was his first afternoon appointment and he had surgeries scheduled in the morning. Surgeries aren't like cooking a meal. Often surgeons get in there and find stuff they didn't expect or complications occur and it just takes longer than they could have imagined. My podiatrists office was fantastic at letting me know when my doctor should be there. They updated me every time he updated them, so I wasn't sitting there waiting wondering WTF was taking so long.

However, I have had doctors and dentists whose offices just fucking left you there for an hour or more wondering WTF was going on. My one dentist kept canceling appointments on me, which was fun since I had to skip a class just to make it there. Turns out, he was at the goddamn golf course and hadn't finished his game yet. It took all my self control not to drive there and beat him to death with his clubs.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

12. Re: Squirrel Aug 19, 2014, 19:52 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 15:04:
Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 14:35:
That was amusing. My grandmother just used to shoot them with a .22 rifle. Of course, she used to shoot birds she didn't want on the feeders as well. I never understood why it was OK to feed one group of wild creatures but not another.

Don't get me wrong, squirrels caused $4k worth of damage to my roof in NY. I used to blow them off the power lines with a pressure hose to keep them away from my house after that. (We lived in town, or I would have been using a .22 as well...) But I never put out food hoping to entice one group of animals over another.

You could use an air rifle with lead pellets.

Also, did you ever wonder what happened to those squirrels she shot? You thought that was chicken flavor in your soup?

Air rifle was against town codes as well.

I have eaten squirrel. It's OK. Same with rabbit, alligator, ostrich egg, snake, and all of the other weird shit I have tried through the years.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Aug 19, 2014, 19:50 Agent.X7

I read the article, and then her ex's entire post. I dated a fucked up, crazy bitch like that once. Not fun.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

8. Re: Squirrel Aug 19, 2014, 14:35 Agent.X7

That was amusing. My grandmother just used to shoot them with a .22 rifle. Of course, she used to shoot birds she didn't want on the feeders as well. I never understood why it was OK to feed one group of wild creatures but not another.

Don't get me wrong, squirrels caused $4k worth of damage to my roof in NY. I used to blow them off the power lines with a pressure hose to keep them away from my house after that. (We lived in town, or I would have been using a .22 as well...) But I never put out food hoping to entice one group of animals over another.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Neighborhood social networks Aug 19, 2014, 14:24 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 10:48:
Knowing your neighbors is good for your health

So get on a social network that connects you to the guy living next to you! IT'S GREAT!

Rolleyes

It used to be you'd go over and talk to your neighbor, but it's apparently much better and healthier to just Friend them on a fucking social network.

I've never had good neighbors though, why the hell would I want to friend them on social networking, let alone RL?

Well, we had one lesbian couple that lived next door to my house in NY. They were really nice and considerate. They moved, and everyone else was an asshole. Of course, the year after we moved in, the whole neighborhood started going to shit. (When the economy tanked) Armed robberies, etc.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Crytek to Repair Reputation with "Really High Quality Games"
30. Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 19, 2014, 14:18 Agent.X7

dizave wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 14:12:
You guys are some whiny nerds. Wah fuck Crytek. They only put out like one game that changed FPS gaming in Farcry. They barley set a benchmark for graphics quality in their Crysis series. They have the nerve to release their games on console so other gamers can enjoy them? Those assholes. The truth is the PC industry and gamers needs companies like Crytek. The games they put out push consumers to upgrade hardware and entertain the shit out of me. You haters are some of the strangest nerds i've ever seen. You hate video games yet you are part of a community that's supposed to love them. Get the hell off the bluesnews community and go back to playing your magic the gathering neeerrrrds!

Are you 12 years old?

Edit: Lol, nin. Same time!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

24. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2014, 00:17 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 17, 2014, 17:58:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 17, 2014, 17:30:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 17, 2014, 17:24:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 17, 2014, 17:08:
nin wrote on Aug 17, 2014, 16:37:
Pretty sure people are giving money, dude.

Good, cause what I was seeing and hearing was making me plenty mad.
You might have gotten some misinformation, maybe you don't need to be mad, bro.
Ice Bucket Challenge Rules?

He's Batman. Perceived injustice riles him up.

F that!@ EVERYTHING RILES ME UP!

Your new avatar riles me up! I used to always know when you posted something because of your little 8-bit officer. Now I have to look at your name. I have to ACTUALLY READ YOUR NAME! WHY!?!?!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
23. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 14, 2014, 22:41 Agent.X7

Derpy Double Post. Nothing to see here.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
22. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 14, 2014, 22:41 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 12:53:
Cutter wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 11:28:
And if the Xbone was,'t a POS and could easily run everything 1080P Phil would then be saying the exact opposite. So why is this crap even considered newsworthy.

The head of Xbox opens his mouth, it is news. It's a billion dollar industry and like it or not the Xbox is a big part of it.

The head of Xbox opens his mouth, and out comes stupid. Sure, it's news, but man that guy always sounds like an asshole.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2305 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo