Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2647 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2015, 02:37 Agent.X7

Yeah, when I was in NY state it was easier to call the town. Your local town usually supplies the animal control. In my town, they got 2 fix it tickets and then the town started fining them. A lot. If it became clear the owners didn't care about the fines, they took the dog from them.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 25, 2015, 01:23 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 16:51:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 16:47:
nin wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 11:19:
Comcast admits defeat, terminates Time Warner Cable merger agreement.

Woot woot!

Don't go away mad, Comcast. Just go away.

Somewhere, there's a boardroom of suits that's sulking. And that's delicious.

I wonder how many millions they wasted on this failed attempt.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 22, 2015, 14:26 Agent.X7

He's using Affected right, we're just used to the media being illiterate and using effected for everything, even when it's the wrong word.

Remember, if it happens to something it's affected, if you are doing it it's effected.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 13:54 Agent.X7

By Grabthar's hammer! What a savings.

Saw that story last night. Can't wait. I love that movie, and 12 Monkeys gave me the will to believe it can be done right.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2015, 21:05 Agent.X7

We're all rocking 970s now! Mine's an Asus, and man is it quiet. I can't hear it over the PSU and radiator fans in my case. (My 690 was like a jet engine.) I actually stopped to listen last night when I was finishing Wolf.

I'm not a cop basher or a cop apologist, but that cop was an idiot. You're supposed to control the situation and not let them control it. The truth is he's not a hero, and he probably shouldn't be doing that job. Hesitating instead of making a decision will end up getting him or others killed.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online
33. Re: Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online Apr 21, 2015, 13:52 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 13:28:
Prez wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 20:27:
If they can reunite for a game, why can't they reunite for another movie? (One where Shepherd and Wash don't die)

Hey, if Luke, Han, and Leia can return after all this time, why not the Firefly cast too?

Castle and the Avengers, pretty much. Whedon was talking about it after Veronica Mars got crowd funded. He's busy, Fillion is busy. After those commitments are met, he said he will think about it. Shit, I'd love to see a Buffy reunion, another season of Dollhouse, more Firefly...and while we are at it the return of Stargate, Eureka, and Farscape as well.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm in June
13. Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 21, 2015, 00:17 Agent.X7

Tehol wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 00:12:
I hope the game fails.

It won't, but don't let that stop you from hating.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online
21. Re: Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online Apr 20, 2015, 18:04 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 15:10:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 14:27:
You have the same opinion as me about celebrities.. I don't give a shit if they're fucking 1000 lbs women on the side and eating donkey brains for dinenr. The only thing I care about is "Do they make good movies/shows/music/whatever".

You should care because you're otherwise enriching a douchebag. Where possible I try to spend my consumer dollars in-line with my politics. I used to buy Dominoes pizza until I found out their right-wing fascists. No longer am I a customer. I don't buy games from Stardock because Wardell is a right-wing idealogue. And if you're giving money to Adamn Baldwin to use then in effect you're making a political statement as well.

One can't always succeed at this sort of thing but they should at least make the attempt.

Hint: You are pretty much always going to be enriching a douchebag somehow. If you spend your life trying to only give money to people whose politics align with your own, it's going to be the only thing you have time for. (And you'll fail anyway.)

Do you pay your taxes? Enriching douchebags.
DO you look at ads? (Of course you do, it's impossible not to.) Enriching douchebags.
Do you buy anything online? Enriching douchebags.
Do you buy gas for your vehicle? Enriching some of the biggest douchebags on the planet.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2015, 16:14 Agent.X7

Shatner, go back to being a second rate actor and leave thinking to smarter people. Newsflash: Arid IS the natural state of the most populated regions in CA.

LA already has water pipelines sucking water from the mountains to the desert. How's that working out for them? Oh, right, they screwed up the whole ecosystem in the places they sucked the water from. Yeah, I'm sure Seattle wants to send its fresh water all the way down the coast to California.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Into the Black
18. Re: Into the Black Apr 18, 2015, 13:40 Agent.X7

NamecaF wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 02:04:
Quboid wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 22:39:
NamecaF wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 20:41:
Quboid wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 12:17:
NamecaF wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 03:11:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 02:21:
NKD wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 23:44:
nin wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 21:19:
Man, I love R*. I'm sure I sound like a total fanboy, and I don't care. When it comes to GTA, they deliver!

At least you recognize that you're a shill. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

You do realize that shills get paid, right? People just throw that word around willy nilly and they have no idea what it means.

Umm, I think you're the clueless one as that is not true at all.

Yes it is. That's what I always took it to mean and Wikipedia, The Oxford English Dictionary and Merriam-Webster all agree.

Well, Merriam Webster is an American dictionary and we all know Americans don't know proper English

But Oxford clearly defines a Shill as...

noun
1 An accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others: I used to be a shill in a Reno gambling club figurative the agency is a shill for the nuclear power industry

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/shill

You can be an accomplice without gaining any monetary reward.

Well it's a deal so some sort of reward is heavily implied, but it's not essential. I suppose the association is the key and Rockstar don't know nin exists, never mind working with him as an accomplice. Sorry dude, they don't love you back

I never said nin was a shill. In fact I dont agree with what NKD said. A fanboy? Sure. I was simply pointing out the fact that Agent.X7 was wrong and you dont have to be paid to be a shill

Yeah, accomplice implies some sort of reward is expected, but keep stretching that logic.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Date Announced
31. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Date Announced Apr 18, 2015, 00:14 Agent.X7

Xero wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 23:10:
Man, you guys are harsh. Is Battlefield really that bad? Single player campaign was mediocre, OK, but they generally made them for multiplayer in mind. I don't think I ever had a bad experience with lag or latency in any of the Battlefields since 2...

I'm not sure if everyone just jumps in the same complain wagon or are actually experiencing this phenomenon?

Aside from maybe a better interface to select your gears and whatnot in-game, multiplayer has been pretty solid since BF2 and on, and I even loved original 1942 despite more lag those days.

Looking forward to this big time. I don't doubt, DICE will come thru again with another stellar title, or in the case of 90% of you, another miserable game.

I love BF4, but it was so fucked up at launch I quit playing for a couple of months. BF3 was better at launch, but it was still a hot mess.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2015, 15:11 Agent.X7

So, the Battlefront trailer, yeah?

https://youtu.be/ZwWLns7-xN8

I need to clean my shorts. Luke, this is your parents Star Wars. Gone is Jar Jar and Midichlorians, and all that crap. THIS is the shit I want. So stoked for this movie and game!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > New Guild Wars 2 Tribes Detailed
5. Re: New Guild Wars 2 Tribes Detailed Apr 17, 2015, 00:29 Agent.X7

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 22:37:
Everyone knows Quaggan are the master meat race of Tyria.

You misspelled meat. We fixed it for you.

- The Charr

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
19. Re: Gone Gold - The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Apr 16, 2015, 15:40 Agent.X7

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 11:44:
Got this for free with my video card. Looking forward to play it next month

Was supposed to, but Amazon never sent me the code.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

16. Re: Into the Black Apr 16, 2015, 01:05 Agent.X7

NamecaF wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 20:41:
Man, I love R*. I'm sure I sound like a total fanboy, and I don't care. When it comes to GTA, they deliver!

At least you recognize that you're a shill. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

You do realize that shills get paid, right? People just throw that word around willy nilly and they have no idea what it means.

Yes it is. That's what I always took it to mean and Wikipedia, The Oxford English Dictionary and Merriam-Webster all agree.

Well, Merriam Webster is an American dictionary and we all know Americans don't know proper English

But Oxford clearly defines a Shill as...

noun
1 An accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others: I used to be a shill in a Reno gambling club figurative the agency is a shill for the nuclear power industry

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/shill

You can be an accomplice without gaining any monetary reward.

Stretch that logic!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

12. Re: Into the Black Apr 15, 2015, 17:47 Agent.X7

NKD wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 12:52:

It sounded nicer than "sycophant." Apologies for the vocabulary error.

Yeah, still not really using it right.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

11. Re: Into the Black Apr 15, 2015, 17:40 Agent.X7

LOL, saved me the effort, thank you.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > WildStar Off AU Shelves; F2P Coming?
16. Re: WildStar Off AU Shelves; F2P Coming? Apr 15, 2015, 17:38 Agent.X7

It was pretty fun, but that doesn't really cut it if you want a subscription based model. Still waiting on B2P so I can play again.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

6. Re: Into the Black Apr 15, 2015, 02:21 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > GTA5 GeForce Drivers
48. Re: GTA5 GeForce Drivers Apr 14, 2015, 18:30 Agent.X7

Quinn wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 17:49:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 17:41:
Quinn wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 16:46:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 15:34:
Quinn wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 09:10:
jomisab wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 09:08:
Played for a short while last night before forcing myself to go to bed at 2am. Performance looks pretty good. On my 1680x1050 monitor, maxing everything and getting 60fps is no issue. Moving over to my 2560x1440 monitor, however, requires lowering detail to get consistent 60fps...and that's with a 970 SLI setup.

Either your RAM or CPU must be bottlenecking. I mean... 970 SLI!?

Actually it's probably the RAM on the video cards. 3.5GB gets sucked up really quick when you go over 1080P in an open world game.

And that's exactly why I'll always have just a 27" monitor and just sit close. 1080p is just perfect on these, no need to waste money.

Another thing, can anyone tell me in baby language was G-Sync is? I read about it.. but I still don't unferstand what it actually does :\

Synchronizes your refresh rate to your frame rate. If you're getting 30fps, your monitor is refreshing 30 times a second. It prevent screen tearing, but unlike vertical sync it doesn't introduce input lag or increase latency. The downside is you need a newer Geforce card AND a G-Sync enabled monitor.

Ah, alright. It still just sounds like v-Sync without the disadvantages. Maybe that's what it is. And yeah my GtX 980 arrived today and I'll install it tomorrow I bet my right ball that the first half of the day I'll be fixing complications.. as always with new hardware >_> but I just can't wait to play GTAV with everything maxed out (except for MSAA probably).

Dunno, just swapped out my GTX 690 for a GTX 970 yesterday. Pulled out old card, put in new, reinstalled drivers, no issues. Plan to get a second one once I sell my 690 so I can upgrade my Ultrawide 29" Dell to an ultrawide 34" Dell.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

2647 Comments. 133 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo