Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2216 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 16, 2014, 15:17 Agent.X7

Yeah, it's going to be crowded tomorrow, but it downloaded surprisingly fast for the Alpha, so here's me crossing my fingers.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gigantic Announced
2. Re: Gigantic Announced Jul 15, 2014, 20:49 Agent.X7

Rule 1 - Everyone has to make a MOBA.

Rule 2 - Your MOBA must be goofy as shit.

Rule 3 - You must claim your MOBA is somehow different and not really a MOBA.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Jul 15, 2014, 15:22 Agent.X7

DLC is so hit or miss. New maps for your online shooter of choice? OK, I'm a sucker for new maps. I have BF4 Premium, and I had it on BF3. I bought maps for MW2.

New missions for Watch Dogs? No, thanks. I experienced the add-on mission that came with my pre-order and while it was fun, it was a super short mission followed by tracking down a few things on the map. Worth doing for free, but I'd never pay $5 or whatever they are asking for it. The single player add-on with T-Bone they keep advertising? Maybe, if it gets good reviews. But the season pass was $20 and it seems like nothing they have put out so far is worth a damn.

Bethesda, at least after the bullshit horse armor, seemed to have learned a lesson, but then they put out the housing DLC for Skyrim. Ugh.

I tend to avoid DLC unless everyone is raving about it. (Even then, waiting on the PS4 version of Last of Us which includes the DLC...)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2. Ninendo CArts Jul 15, 2014, 14:06 Agent.X7

Speaking as someone who fixed old Nintendo carts for the last couple of years. The first step is to clean the contacts with an eraser. Then you blow off the contacts and clean them with an alcohol soaked q-tip. Blowing on it when we were kids might have cleaned off some crap that got on the contacts preventing Nintendo's horribly engineered insertion system from making a good contact, but it's better to wipe it clean with alcohol.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 14, 2014, 18:11 Agent.X7

PropheT wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 18:03:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 16:00:
I always wonder why the hell game designers think future weapons are still going to feature revolvers. Talk about outdated tech. I mean, they're outdated NOW. Thousands of years in the future? Not to mention everything is still being operated by a hammer and firing pin? Really? No caseless ammo? No plasma rifles in the 40W range?

They're reliable, and don't suffer from the same jamming problems you can get with other firearms in dirty environments. Any way you look at it, no matter how fancy our technology gets it's always going be effective to throw objects really hard at the guy you want to hurt so bullets will always be a cheap and effective way of doing that.

That's urban legend that old guys like to spout. Trust me, I have seen just as many wheel guns jam as I have semi-autos. And the really funny thing is, when a wheel gun jams, you're out of the fight. You can't unjam it in the field. When a semi-auto jams, 99% of the time a tap-rack-bang drill will get it running again.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 14, 2014, 18:08 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 17:26:
I always wonder why the hell game designers think future weapons are still going to feature revolvers. Talk about outdated tech. I mean, they're outdated NOW.

Captain Reynolds begs to differ. He likes his revolver. He thinks it's shiny.

Mal's gun was a semi-auto, magazine fed pistol. The real gun the prop was built around was a revolver, but in the show it took a magazine.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 14, 2014, 16:13 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 16:03:
nin wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 09:05:
Destiny exclusives...check out the yellow one...

edit: Ready for Thursday!!!!!

I always wonder why the hell game designers think future weapons are still going to feature revolvers. Talk about outdated tech. I mean, they're outdated NOW. Thousands of years in the future? Not to mention everything is still being operated by a hammer and firing pin? Really? No caseless ammo? No plasma rifles in the 40W range?

All I know is apparently I'm rolling a Hunter now.

edit: And this thing is just begging for some sort of space combat add-on...

I did hunter in Alpha. Tried a bit of...uh, Mage or whatever the other guy is. They're very similar except for the specials. And the jump. The hunter's jump is way better than the floaty crap of the mage.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 14, 2014, 16:00 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 09:05:
Destiny exclusives...check out the yellow one...

edit: Ready for Thursday!!!!!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 14, 2014, 15:56 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 14:12:
Wake me up when No Man's Sky comes to PC. Sleeping

I don't know, it just sounds to me like they had an idea about procedurally generated worlds and space and not a lot of actual gameplay. If you want to see a shitload of worlds that look very similar - ala all low-budget sci-fi TV shows - then great. If you want an actual game...eh, not so much. Some of the videos show the archetypes of the creatures. There's an antelope archetype that varies from world to world simply by the horns, tail, and skin. Whoo. Hoo.

Wake me up when it becomes interesting.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
34. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 13, 2014, 22:30 Agent.X7

harlock wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 20:47:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 19:56:
When it comes to genre fiction, the quality of a series is nearly always inversely proportional to the quantity of volumes.

dragonlance, forgotten realms.. - not "classics" but they had mountains of volumes and were more or less consistently ok

Um, Dragonlance was OK when Weis and Hickman were the writers. Some other writers had good entries, and most of the rest of it was shit. Forgotten Realms had some OK entries, but it was mostly shit.

As far as the number of volumes? Well, The Wheel of Time had a lot, but the writing was always great.

Song of Ice and Fire - Martin has been great, when he deems us worthy of another book.

Robin Hobbs' Farseer books and the other books written in the same world are consistently great. (All her stuff is pretty good, though)

The Expanse has been great so far. Of course, one of the authors is George R.R. Martin's assistant, so of course it was always going to be a long series.

Timothy Zahn's Quadrail series is a good read too, if you like Noir detective sci-fi.

I think more depends on the author's ability to keep a good thing going rather than the length of a series. Shit, some people can't even finish out ONE book without fucking it up at the end. Looking at you Stephen King. Under The Dome. Chapter 52 - I'm tired of writing this book and have run out of ideas, THE END.

Hunger Games? Volume One - Pretty good. Volume 2 - Oh shit, it was popular and I need to write a sequel. Um...I'll just rewrite book one. Volume 3 - Oh fuck. Fuck me. I have no idea. Um, vague political ideology...THE END.

The Strain? Book one and Two, excellent. Book 3 - Uh, yeah, SO busy with other books and Guillermo has that robot movie and uh, God steps in and saves the day! Whee! THE END.

The Passage? Excellent vampire apocalypse. The sequel? What not to do when tasked with writing a sequel.

This comment was edited on Jul 13, 2014, 22:37.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

30. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 13, 2014, 19:27 Agent.X7

Redmask wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 11:04:
harlock wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 08:55:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 00:54:
harlock wrote on Jul 12, 2014, 23:11:
speaking of old grudges - who's still bitter about Firefly getting cancelled?

Firefly, Farscape, Stargate Atlantis, SG-1, Eureka, Warehouse 13, The Glades...

yes to all of this (except last 3, for me)

really looking forward to that "The Expanse" thing

but overall im glad scifi/fantasy/horror is being accepted again.. firefly especially had it rough because mainstream was hating on that kinda stuff at the time

The Expanse is getting terrible now that they turned what was supposed to be a trilogy into a 10 book deal. I have little hope that SyFy will do it justice either.

You don't like it just because they are now going to write more books? A bit hipsterish, if you ask me.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
38. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2014, 00:59 Agent.X7

harlock wrote on Jul 12, 2014, 23:15:
The bullets are the size of a large pen and can be used in both sniper rifles and machine guns. The full EXACTO system comprises of both bullets and a real-time guidance system that tracks and delivers the projectile to the target.

man wasnt there a movie back in the 80s about that? with gene simmons and tom selleck i think - also there were robot spiders

Yup, Runaway directed by none other than Michael Crichton.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

24. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 13, 2014, 00:54 Agent.X7

harlock wrote on Jul 12, 2014, 23:11:
speaking of old grudges - who's still bitter about Firefly getting cancelled?

Firefly, Farscape, Stargate Atlantis, SG-1, Eureka, Warehouse 13, The Glades...

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 12, 2014, 15:44 Agent.X7

Had a roomie with lizards galore once. Used to freak visitors out when a lizard would glide down from the wall and land near or on them. My only issue is that his Iguana - Godzilla - would sun himself in front of the screen door. He was pretty much invisible behind the screen, and he was a very large Iguana. I can't even count the number of times I came home, opened the screen door and tripped into the living room.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > ArcheAge Closed Beta Next Week
9. Re: ArcheAge Closed Beta Next Week Jul 11, 2014, 18:21 Agent.X7

Got a beta key through Alienware. If I have a break in Destiny, I will check this out.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 11, 2014, 17:52 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 16:32:
Yeah, I saw the limited was still available for xbone. Wonder how much longer...

I guess I'm just surprised how well it's doing...that alpha must have really helped them get people off the fence.

Yup, I was one of those people. Halo was fun, but since I was a PC gamer it wasn't really all that special. The videos looked great, but that can be said for a lot of bad games. Still amazed at how much I liked the alpha considering it's a FPS on a console. Can't wait for beta to start next week!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 11, 2014, 16:25 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 15:03:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 15:00:
I defy you to explain why you are getting spanked at retail. Get back to me on that, yeah?

Hey X, I see the limited editions are now sold out at amazon. Can't you believe that shit?!

Guess I'm glad I locked mine in.

Haha, and the Gamestop guys couldn't figure out why I was so desperate to make sure I had one reserved. I figured the CE and limited ones for PS4 were goners. Watchdogs was the same way. (Although I actually didn't even want the CE for that one. Anomaly.)

Looks like even the XBone Ghost edition is now sold out.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 11, 2014, 15:00 Agent.X7

I defy you to explain why you are getting spanked at retail. Get back to me on that, yeah?  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jul 10, 2014, 22:12 Agent.X7

That was funny?

The funniest cooking show I have ever seen was My Drunk Kitchen on You Tube. It was actually funny most of the time.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2014, 16:57 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 16:09:
Yo, X7, Bungie's site now lets you pick your format. And apparently we each get 3 beta keys.

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2216 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo