Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2368 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs
31. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs Oct 10, 2014, 22:28 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 22:26:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 22:20:
NO ONE SUSPECTS A DRAGON INQUISITION!

Our chief weapon is Origin...Origin and season passes...season passes and Origin....

Our two weapons are Origin and season passes...and DLC....

Our *three* weapons are Origin, season passes, and DLC...and an almost fanatical devotion to The Sims....

Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as Origin, season passes....

I'll come in again.

Lol.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evolve Alpha Testing This Month
10. Re: Evolve Alpha Testing This Month Oct 9, 2014, 16:32 Agent.X7

The first alpha was awful. Also, this game seems more like something you would pay $19.99 for, not $60.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
41. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2014, 16:29 Agent.X7

Congrats! I got Edge of Tomorrow through Amazon after clicking your link. Great movie, btw. I love the sci-fi trope of a time-loop.

Congrats! I got Edge of Tomorrow through Amazon after clicking your link. Great movie, btw. I love the sci-fi trope of a time-loop. Uh oh.

Congrats! I got Edge of Tomorrow through Amazon after clicking your link. Great movie, btw. I love the sci-fi trope of a time-loop. Uh...

Congrats! I got Edge of Tomorrow through Amazon after clicking your link. Great movie, btw. I love the sci-fi trope of a time-loop. Oh crap.

Congrats! I got Edge of Tomorrow through Amazon after clicking your link. Great movie, btw. I love the sci-fi trope of a time-loop. Where's Emily Blunt when I need her?

Congrats! I got Edge of Tomorrow through Amazon after clicking your link. Great movie, btw. I love the sci-fi trope of a time-loop. Oh FFS.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > DICE: BF4 Launch "Absolutely" Damaged Player Trust
31. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch Oct 8, 2014, 16:01 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 14:03:
That headline is untrue! DICE damaged their reputation way the hell before BF4!

Battlefield Vietnam.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations
61. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 8, 2014, 15:54 Agent.X7

Alamar wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 11:01:
Jamil20 wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 10:39:
Reviewers were also told that they must “not mention LOTR or Hobbit movies, characters or books”

What's up with that? Why is this game distancing itself from the source material?

As seen in these threads, people can't wrap their mind around Mordor being green, and other 'disconnection's from the movies. Shadow of Mordor takes place before the LOTR movies, but I couldn't say how much before. If you assume these people know more than the average fan, the average fan would get even more confused.

Mordor is a big place. We see northern Mordor in the movies, around the Black Gate and Barad-Dur. Nurn is Southern Mordor, and Tolkien described it as Mordor's bread basket, where the enslaved men worked to feed Sauron's armies. Jackson never showed it because it really had nothing to do with the story.

I'd also like to mention that AC bores the crap out me, and yet Mordor has me sucked in. GTAV wasn't my cup of tea, but Watchdogs was. It's all about context and personal taste.

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2014, 15:59.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 8, 2014, 15:17 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 14:00:
Pigeon wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 13:21:
Sucks about Drive Club, I was looking forward to it, but its not a big deal. Sony should have been more proactive in telling people what was going on instead offering only silence.

Yeah, I was rather disappointed in reviews. Was hoping it was going to be good.

Oh well. Ton of other shit out right now anyway.

Yeah, I don't think there's going to be a Driveclub II. I am waiting for a good racing game on the PS4. Maybe The Crew, but the way Ubi keeps delaying it? Probably not.

Oh well, like you said, plenty out now.
Still playing Destiny every couple of days. Mordor is sucking up time. Tried out Spelunky (Not my thing) and Dust (Meh). The Alien game looks really good, but not sure I want to dump $60 into it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Styx: Master of Shadows Released
2. Re: Styx: Master of Shadows Released Oct 7, 2014, 19:20 Agent.X7

Yeah, watched some videos on it today. Looks pretty interesting.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2014, 14:29 Agent.X7

mag wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 14:26:
Still in love with my G700s, not sure how you cavemen put up with your wired mice!

+1 Love my G700s. (Although mine mostly stays plugged in because I always forget to charge it.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2014, 03:51 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 21:02:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 20:22:
How did I know you were going to bang on about the R0? Now I know you are just parroting the media. The R0 of HIV is measured in YEARS. The R0 for ebola is WEEKS. Yeah, the media tends to not mention that.

Seriously?
Time is not a component of R0!

Do you understand what R0 is? It's how many people an infected person will pass the disease on to.
When the disease tends to kill within weeks, R0 is over the course of weeks. When a disease tends to kill in years, R0 is over the course of years.

But, ultimately, it is meaningless. It is simply a measure of how many people one infected person will infect. With HIV, they have years to do it. With ebola, they have days or weeks. But it's still a finite number.

I mean, given that ebola patients do not live for years while infectious, what does it matter? It isn't like the R0 will stretch on.

Seriously, you seem to not even understand what R0 is and why time is meaningless. If we extend the period we measure R0 for ebola to 40 years, it's still 2!, because the patient died 39.9 years ago!

I do understand R0. The media is going on about how other diseases are worse because their R0 is higher, blah blah blah. R0 is incapable of telling us that. At best it lets us know that the disease won't wipe itself out. It cannot be used to compare different diseases DUE TO THE DIFFERENCES IN TIME THAT THEY ARE COMMUNICABLE.

But do go on. It is amusing.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2014, 03:42 Agent.X7

Because as we all know bio-hazard suits look just like they do in the movies. And there cannot possibly be different levels of suits.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2014, 20:22 Agent.X7

How did I know you were going to bang on about the R0? Now I know you are just parroting the media. The R0 of HIV is measured in YEARS. The R0 for ebola is WEEKS. Yeah, the media tends to not mention that.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2014, 19:58 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 12:30:
How not to get ebola: don't roll around in the blood of someone bleeding from their eyes.

Seriously, ebola is less contagious than HIV and, while it transmits via bodily fluids like HIV, it only transmits when people are bleeding out their orifices. It's pretty easy to avoid in first world countries.

You really need to stop posting before you buy a clue. Seriously, ebola is WAY more contagious than HIV, and WAY easier to transmit. And you're contagious the moment you get a fever from it, which is WAY before you start bleeding, if in fact you even do start bleeding before you die.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2014, 19:52 Agent.X7

I love the Ebola article. It was also highly unlikely that someone wearing full bio-hazard gear would get infected. But I mean, that's only happened a dozen or so times. CErtainly there could never be an outbreak in the US, because...'Murica?  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2014, 23:33 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 20:35:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 16:03:
And, You Tube is broken for me. No videos will load. Fun.

I blame the SWJs.

Small Wars Journal? Were you trying to do Social Justice Warriors as an acronym? I'm confused either way.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Steam Top 10
45. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2014, 23:31 Agent.X7

Quinn wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 19:13:
Very underwhelmed with SoM. It's too easy, and you're doing the same shit the entire time. The game is as shallow as a puddle. There are a lot of weapon sidequest but they all end up with you either having to shoot uruks, stealth-kill uruks or kill uruks in open battle. Every uruk can identify a special uruk for you, though only worms and special uruks can reveal their weaknesses. The latter is useless, because you could basically kill 5 warchiefs in one battle with one hand while playing Plants vs Zombies with the other.

The entire game you're basically killing uruks or let them kill eachother, and collect shit. I'm surprised the game is being received so fucking well.

That's kind of the genre. AC doesn't have this amazing variety of things to do until you get to the latest ones with sailing. You're pretty much just killing guys in I, II, Brotherhood, and Liberty.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2014, 16:16 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 15:24:
Fion wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 14:45:
I'm currently 17 hours in, I haven't gotten to the 2nd zone yet and I just as of yesterday killed the last warchief and I am about 1/2 way through the weapon side-quests.

You're way ahead of me, but do you know if you can return to the previous map, once you progress? I worry if I need to clear every single thing I can before moving on, if I can't return.

I've read on a couple of reviews that you can go back to finish things.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2014, 16:03 Agent.X7

And, You Tube is broken for me. No videos will load. Fun.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released
80. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Oct 2, 2014, 18:22 Agent.X7

I can't believe how much I've been enjoying this game. It's really good. I think I like it more than Destiny. Maybe because there's a story.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

64. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Oct 1, 2014, 04:39 Agent.X7

Just looked up some reviews. Yeah, I guess you swap maps partway through.

And no, it's not Serkis, my preeeeeeeeecious.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

62. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Oct 1, 2014, 04:07 Agent.X7

Played for about 7 or 8 hours. Having a lot of fun. Some random thoughts:

- The world seems REALLY small. Like, you can cross it in minutes small.

- Once you get some powers, captains under 10 seem to die pretty quickly.

- I've tried intentionally injuring a captain and letting him run off twice. The first guy got eaten by a Carabor halfway across the map. (It cut to his death while I was climbing something.) The second guy got jumped by another captain and also died. I gave up on doing it on purpose. I did have one guy who was missing an eye and had burn scars, but I accidentally killed him before I even knew he was around again.

- The giant not-troll things are awesome.

- I messed up a bow mission and it disappeared an never came back. Uh...?

- Jennifer Hale does an awesome Cate Blanchett voiceover that I almost thought was Cate Blanchett.

- The guy doing Gollum also did a great job. I had to look it up on IMDB just to see if it was really Andy Serkis or not.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2014, 04:13.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2368 Comments. 119 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo