Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2160 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 27, 2013, 02:15 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 13:18:
Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 12:15:
Still waiting on my physical backer rewards.

For SRR? I actually shot them a mail a few days ago, as I'd heard others were getting theirs, and I'd not seen mine yet:

Hi, nin -

Yes, we still have many orders on the list that need to be shipped out. The pick and pack company has everyone's information but it's taking awhile to get through them all.

Thanks for your patience.

So they haven't forgot about us, it's just taking awhile.

Good to know. Thanks!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 26, 2013, 12:15 Agent.X7

Still waiting on my physical backer rewards.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Sep 26, 2013, 01:47 Agent.X7

Oh, look, a game to movie translation that looks horrible! How shocking!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Splinter Cell Blacklist Homeland DLC
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Splinter Cell Blacklist Homeland DLC Sep 26, 2013, 01:44 Agent.X7

Jerykk wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 23:08:
The two missions are worth about $5. The rest is pretty useless.

It also came with the game if you bought the first edition/pre-order.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2013, 17:37 Agent.X7

Please don't post up stories as "science" when they are written by some hack who also reports on Cyrus and Cher, Transgender Prom Queens, and other drivel. My cat can do better "science."  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2013, 21:57 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 18:53:
92-Year-Old World War II vet avoids eviction by daughter.

I can't believe that story. So the guy give his daughter power of attorney (he's 92 after all) and she uses it to transfer the deed of his house into her name and starts eviction proceedings??!! UNBELIEVABLE. So they crowdfund buying the house back from her, WHICH SHE GOT FOR FREE. I guess it's legal and all, but still, there oughta be a law against that.

I'm pretty sure you will see these people in the news again when they are arrested for fraud.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: NSA job post for 'Civil Liberties & Privacy Officer' goes live. Sep 21, 2013, 18:49 Agent.X7

What they want is a politician, what they need is a normal guy who will tell them no every time they want to violate peoples' civil rights or privacy.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2013, 18:41 Agent.X7

Blue wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 18:03:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 17:46:
Still getting white screen. Going to try a full removal of FF and ccclean that bitch then fresh install to a different directory....don't really want to use IE.

I got a mail suggesting a solution may be on this end, rather than yours. I'll run this by the powers-that-be on Monday. Sorry if it turns out that's the case (it may be caused by local advertising overwriting a value in our style sheet.

Yeah, it happens once in a while to me over the last week. Just kept refreshing until it looked right.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > More Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details
20. Re: More Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Sep 21, 2013, 14:19 Agent.X7

I recall the complete crap server browser that BF 2 came with. I'll take Battlelog over that any day.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Sep 20, 2013, 19:47 Agent.X7

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 17:49:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 16:56:
Cutter wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 16:01:

Hey, don't knock social justice. It's important. Just because some assholes are shrill loons that go out of their way to be incensed and outraged by every little PC thing doesn't mean social justice is a bad thing.
Justice, is important. Social justice is about "feelings" and "perceived ills." So no, it's not important, unless your ideal version of law and order is what the mob says.

You are one ignorant mother fucker.

http://dailybail.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJqM2tFOxLQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BORjkIcIcwQ

http://www.truth-out.org/

LOL. Yeah, those are some unbiased links you have there. Truth Out seems bent on kicking the truth out, rather than bringing it out.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Sep 20, 2013, 12:41 Agent.X7

Not even going to comment.

Wait...oh, damn.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
83. Re: Op Ed Sep 20, 2013, 12:40 Agent.X7

Prez wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 20:54:
Kosumo wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 20:34:
"I have empathy for anyone who is abused ...."

Oh Yeah, we can totally tell that!

Pretty unfair - having empathy for victims and being put off by people who get offended too easily are not mutually exclusive. Just my two cents.

Thank you.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
66. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 18:33 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 18:13:
Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 18:08:
Beamer wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 17:13:
Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 12:23:
Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 11:38:
If you've ever known anyone who's been raped you know it's not a joking matter in any way, shape, or form. So yes, boycott the shit out of it. In fact, do everything possible to see that they lose money.

Man, you need to scope through some of the comments. There were a bunch of rape victims who were telling people to chill the fuck out.

And they speak for all of them?

Also, comparing rape victims to drunk driving victims seems... wrong. Is drunk driving accidents limited mostly to one type of victim? Are drunk driving victims ever told they were asking for it.? Do drunk driving victims get in accidents with people they trust? Are they often afraid to come out? Do people routinely say they lied about it? Do people routinely defend the drunk driver?

I always find it strange that so many people are willing to angrily go out of their way to show empathy for the person causing some pain and suffering to someone else and refuse to ever show any for the other side. But whatever.

What is with people stuffing my mouth full of words today? Did I SAY that they speak for all of them? No. I'm saying that it's not 100% of rape victims who feel that any mention of rape is offensive.

Rape is a volatile topic because it's not a cut and dry thing. It is horrible when it happens, but it can also be used as a weapon against people, and it's hard for the people in authority over the matter to determine who is lying.

My wife's ex roommate always claimed she was raped, like she was proud to be part of a club. Turns out, the guy asked her every time she hung out with him to have sex, and she turned him down. Yet she willingly hung out with this guy. One night she decided that she was tired of him asking so she slept with him. She claims she was raped because she didn't really want to sleep with him. Um, no.

My wife is a teacher. I cannot even remember the number of male teachers that have had their careers ruined by girls claiming they raped them. The school doesn't even require proof. You get blamed, you are fired. Done. Then they catch the girls bragging about how they lied to get so and so fired. Guess what happens? NOTHING. The teacher is still fucked. No male teacher willingly allows themselves to be in a room alone with a female student anymore for this reason.

Two wasted people have sex. 10, 20 years ago you were a drunken idiot for getting so wasted you had sex with someone you met in a bar. Now it's rape if she says it is.

Clearly rape actually happens to a great many people. But just as clearly we let people get away with claiming things are rape when they are not. No, I do not think anybody was "asking for it" by dressing a certain way. The lying thing there is no way around, simply because usually 2 people were involved, everyone is going to pick sides, and only those 2 people know the truth. It's easy to think that someone you know well isn't capable of that kind of reprehensible behavior, just as it's easy to think that the victim would never lie about something like that.

All of that does not explain why people should go around looking to be offended.

For every incident like the one you mention, hundreds of rapes go unreported.

But I don't particularly feel like getting into the conversation. Most guys don't really get it, and only see it through the male perspective, which is often utter fear about the ease in which it seems a woman can falsely claim rape.

I think that many men eventually have an epiphany and see the world through eyes other than their own, but it won't happen in this thread and doesn't need further debate.

Hmmm. As someone who was falsely accused of abusing an ex who had all of his friends immediately abandon him, I highly doubt I will be having any epiphanies of the sort. I get it, I was physically weak and bullied up until 11th grade. I know what it is like to be powerless. I have empathy for anyone who is abused, but I don't see it as an excuse for them to act like the world needs to handle them with kid gloves.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
62. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 18:08 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 17:13:
Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 12:23:
Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 11:38:
If you've ever known anyone who's been raped you know it's not a joking matter in any way, shape, or form. So yes, boycott the shit out of it. In fact, do everything possible to see that they lose money.

Man, you need to scope through some of the comments. There were a bunch of rape victims who were telling people to chill the fuck out.

And they speak for all of them?

Also, comparing rape victims to drunk driving victims seems... wrong. Is drunk driving accidents limited mostly to one type of victim? Are drunk driving victims ever told they were asking for it.? Do drunk driving victims get in accidents with people they trust? Are they often afraid to come out? Do people routinely say they lied about it? Do people routinely defend the drunk driver?

I always find it strange that so many people are willing to angrily go out of their way to show empathy for the person causing some pain and suffering to someone else and refuse to ever show any for the other side. But whatever.

What is with people stuffing my mouth full of words today? Did I SAY that they speak for all of them? No. I'm saying that it's not 100% of rape victims who feel that any mention of rape is offensive.

Rape is a volatile topic because it's not a cut and dry thing. It is horrible when it happens, but it can also be used as a weapon against people, and it's hard for the people in authority over the matter to determine who is lying.

My wife's ex roommate always claimed she was raped, like she was proud to be part of a club. Turns out, the guy asked her every time she hung out with him to have sex, and she turned him down. Yet she willingly hung out with this guy. One night she decided that she was tired of him asking so she slept with him. She claims she was raped because she didn't really want to sleep with him. Um, no.

My wife is a teacher. I cannot even remember the number of male teachers that have had their careers ruined by girls claiming they raped them. The school doesn't even require proof. You get blamed, you are fired. Done. Then they catch the girls bragging about how they lied to get so and so fired. Guess what happens? NOTHING. The teacher is still fucked. No male teacher willingly allows themselves to be in a room alone with a female student anymore for this reason.

Two wasted people have sex. 10, 20 years ago you were a drunken idiot for getting so wasted you had sex with someone you met in a bar. Now it's rape if she says it is.

Clearly rape actually happens to a great many people. But just as clearly we let people get away with claiming things are rape when they are not. No, I do not think anybody was "asking for it" by dressing a certain way. The lying thing there is no way around, simply because usually 2 people were involved, everyone is going to pick sides, and only those 2 people know the truth. It's easy to think that someone you know well isn't capable of that kind of reprehensible behavior, just as it's easy to think that the victim would never lie about something like that.

All of that does not explain why people should go around looking to be offended.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

27. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2013, 15:06 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 14:50:
Cool they're doing a live stream of the new Ripley Aquarium in Toronto that's opening in a few weeks. Can't wait to check it out!

http://www.ripleyaquariums.com/canada/

I've been to the one in Myrtle Beach, SC. Pretty cool.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
49. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 15:02 Agent.X7

I'm sorry, I do not reply to people who try to put words in my mouth.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
40. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 13:42 Agent.X7

MajorD wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 13:27:
Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 12:21:
...it takes some real effort to be offended by stuff, or you can just let it slide and save your energy for stuff that really matters.

BINGO!

Yes, sometimes things are said off the cuff, at the wrong time, and/or shouldn’t be said at all, but making a mountain out of a molehill and perpetuating isn’t any better. It has gotten so out of hand to the point of ridiculous, along with political correctness. Everything seems to be about ‘the drama’ these days, so all the drama whores will do anything to create and/or feed off of the drama. Sorry, but there are much more constructive things to worry about and do……

ARMAGARD! SOME OLD WHITE CHICK SAID THE N WORD AT SOME TIME IN THE PAST! RAGE!

And yet a lot of black folks call each other that word every day. In fact, I've heard it about 5,236 times in GTA V already. Take a deep breath, let it go. Move on.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers
12. Re: New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers Sep 19, 2013, 13:33 Agent.X7

Quinn wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 12:16:
What kind of crashing/freezing are we talking about? Don't want to sound like a douche, but whenever a game of mine crashes it's not due to my GPU (driver).

It's a well documented driver issue. Go search the NVidia forums.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2013, 12:28 Agent.X7

4 cups of coffee a day may reduce your risk of prostate cancer...while almost ensuring you get hypertension.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2013, 12:27 Agent.X7

WHY IS THE RUM GONE?!?!

Damn, this here day always be creeping up on me without me knowin'.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2160 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo