Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2226 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 22, 2013, 21:46 Agent.X7

Look, you can see Ellen Page naked! In other news, I just discovered Ellen Page is a woman.

I kid. But seriously, who gives a shit?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titanfall in March; $250 CE Preorders
1. Re: Titanfall in March; $250 CE Preorders Oct 22, 2013, 15:58 Agent.X7

I guess they figured that since they got away with crazy expensive CEs for Call of Duty they could do it with Titanfall too?

I love me some CEs - God knows I have bought enough of them - but that's stretching it. Reckoning cost about $200 with a huge ass troll figure and a bunch of other stuff, and I think that's the most I have paid. I wouldn't have even done that except I loved McFarlane's art for that game, and I used to buy his dragon figures which were awesome.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Titanfall Announcement Today
10. Re: Titanfall Announcement Today Oct 22, 2013, 14:53 Agent.X7

Hey, March 11th. Much earlier than expected. And the Titan diorama for the CE is pretty cool, but not $250 cool.

http://www.titanfall.com/news/launch-date

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2013, 15:08.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Oct 21, 2013, 17:01 Agent.X7

Optional Nickname! wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 14:55:
Some Swede Popped: “More features. More extras. More destruction,” Mr. Bach said, with a touch of frustration. “Every new game needs to be the next big thing.”

Every iteration of the Battlefield Series has become less about the player and more about the next big thing. So take heart as soon there won't be a game left at all to code DICE!

Bork-bork-borking the Player-Commander started in version 1.5 of Battlefield 2 (by disabling the AI commander). Completely removing it in BF3 and not replacing it in BF4.

Commander-less modern squad warfare without VOIP is now the state of the BF art so what's next in BF5, no soldiers?

Commander is back in BF4, in case you haven't heard.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Oct 21, 2013, 14:46 Agent.X7

They are trying to create a new type of military shooting game even as the genre confronts technological, narrative and public relations hurdles. If they fail, video games will be that much closer to extinction.

LOL at the melodramatic "journalist" shitting out this article.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 19:59 Agent.X7

Canadian customs was fun too. I went to Ottawa about 10 years ago to see one of my favorite bands play. (Sonata Arctica) My girlfriend at the time planned the whole trip, packed the bags, and had our entire itinerary. I was basically along for the ride.

The customs agents insisted we be in two separate lines. I tried to explain to them that it would work better at the booths if we were together, but they were having none of it because we were not married.

I got to my agent about the same time as she got to hers.
"How long are you staying in Canada for?"
"Uh, maybe like a week? I'm not sure." I turn and ask my girlfriend in a loud voice, since she is two lines over. "Hey, how long are we staying?"
"Two weeks," she replies.
"Two weeks," I tell the customs agent.
He gives me a look, shakes his head and asks the next question. "Where are you staying?"
"Uh..."I turn and ask my girlfriend in a loud voice, since she is two lines over. "Hey, where are we staying?"
She shouts back a French phrase, because we were staying just over the border in Quebec.
I turn and look at the guy, shrugging my shoulders. "Some French hotel."
He frowns and types in whatever my girlfriend said.
"And what are you doing in Canada?"
"Well, we're here for a concert, and then some tourism."
"Oh, where is the concert?"
I shrug and turn and ask my girlfriend in a loud voice, since she is two lines over."Hey honey!"
"Do you know what?" He interrupts, huffing. "Go stand with your girlfriend, tell them I said it was OK. NEXT!"

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 13:08 Agent.X7

Good news about Hudson.

The airline thing: This is why I only fly when I absolutely have to. I've flown about eight times in the past 10 years. I am tall. I already do not fit in the cramped seating. I swear to God I almost went postal on the flight from Dallas to Hawaii. I could barely walk when i got there my legs and ass were cramped up so bad.

Not to mention that every single damn time I fly I am "randomly" chosen for extra security checks. Come on, assholes, we know it's not really random. Eight flights, eight "random" checks. Uh huh. They see the biggest guy in the line and decide to check him, never mind the Arab guy two people behind him who is statistically 100% more likely to cause an issue on the plane. They won't check him so they don't appear to be profiling, which is exactly what they are doing to me anyway.

On one flight they seated me directly behind the air marshal. BEHIND the air marshal. Wait, so you guys are so concerned about me that you check me every single time I fly, and then you seat me BEHIND the one guy on the plane with a gun. And you let me have things like a metal pen. And we wonder how planes get hi-jacked.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 19, 2013, 00:25 Agent.X7

Why am I getting the feeling that neither console is ready for prime time? No headphone support from either one, games delayed left and right. We get it, you want the Christmas sales, but damn.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
27. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 18, 2013, 17:07 Agent.X7

LurkerLito wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 15:16:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 13:17:
Naughty Dog has no plans. Now Sony, that's another story. Many ports are not done by the original design team. I have no doubt in a couple of years we'll be seeing most of the ND catalog from the PS3 on PS4 collection sets.

Driveclub is now delayed. I am left with a PS4 that will at most be used to check out the free PSN games until something comes out that I really want to play. Killzone 3 was OK with the gun accessory, but I am not getting that again just to play KZ4. I got it for KZ3 and then it sat unused for years until I finally sold it. I have no plans to buy the PS4 camera unless there is a killer app for it and plans for more killer apps after that.
Wait KZ4 on PS4 can use the gun accessory? I didn't think it supported the move. I thought other than the pack in game with the camera, nothing used the PS4 Eye. I still have the gun accessory though I didn't order the new PS4 Eye, wasn't planning to either unless something good came out for it. I used the gun thing with the KZ3 and it worked good though I had to constantly recalibrate cause it slowly kept going off center as I played.

No, the Move stuff won't work on KZ4. I just mean I am not investing in a whole accessory package again just for one game. I'm not even sure that KZ4 used the new camera, but I have ZERO desire to play a FPS on a console without a M/K.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2013, 13:26 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 13:09:
Cale wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 13:05:
It does help get over the loss of an old dog, but its only a delay before it happens all over again. What I am wondering is if having a younger and older dog helps deal with the depression of losing one.

It does to a certain extent because you and the other pet share the loss but ultimately it always sucks, you're just less lonely for a little while and enjoy the other dogs youth a bit more. I always recommend people have 2 dogs though, if you need to work then you don't have to pay for doggy daycare or worry about leaving them at home. 2 dogs will keep each other company and entertained, one dog will miss you like crazy any time you're gone. Unfortunately pet ownership is getting super expensive, vets have figured out they have people over a barrel and have been raising fees and medicine costs steadily for the past 10 years.

Or multiple pets of any type, really. I have a dog, a cat, and a rabbit. They manage to entertain each other pretty consistently. It's funny to come home after work to see the dog and cat sitting side by side watching the bunny bounce like a madman all over his cage. (It's a big cage on stilts.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 18, 2013, 13:17 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 11:38:
Verno wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 10:23:
Naughty Dog Won't Port The Last of Us To PlayStation 4.

I am totally ok with that, I want Naughty Dog working on new stuff and blowing our minds. I don't even want a sequel to The Last of Us, it was a perfectly fine standalone game.

Same. Awesome game, needs to be left on its own. Its story was told.

Naughty Dog has no plans. Now Sony, that's another story. Many ports are not done by the original design team. I have no doubt in a couple of years we'll be seeing most of the ND catalog from the PS3 on PS4 collection sets.

Driveclub is now delayed. I am left with a PS4 that will at most be used to check out the free PSN games until something comes out that I really want to play. Killzone 3 was OK with the gun accessory, but I am not getting that again just to play KZ4. I got it for KZ3 and then it sat unused for years until I finally sold it. I have no plans to buy the PS4 camera unless there is a killer app for it and plans for more killer apps after that.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2013, 18:01 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 16:43:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 16:31:
Verno wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 15:55:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 14:44:
WoW! PSN+ is kicking ass!!!!

Huh? Did they announce a new batch of free games or something?

Yeah, what?

I hadn't checked the store in a while, was happy with what I found. Always wanted to play ICO and Shadow of the Colossus.

Gotcha. yeah, never played either and snagged them this Monday when I checked. So far Shadow is, um...dull.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014
45. Re: Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014 Oct 16, 2013, 16:34 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 12:39:
Ubisoft shares down 20% on the news, haha wow. Also Rayman Legends and Splinter Cell Blacklist failed to meet sales expectations. Shame about that, they were both very solid games but I suspect they are going through audience fatigue, you can't iterate on something forever.

I really didn't like the mission hub in Blacklist. It just took you out of the story every time. Plus the urgency of the game is a joke when you have 2 hours until the next Blacklist event, but you can do 5 hours of side missions and the world doesn't end anyway. The missions themselves were pretty fun, but I liked Conviction better.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2013, 16:31 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 15:55:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 14:44:
WoW! PSN+ is kicking ass!!!!

Huh? Did they announce a new batch of free games or something?

Yeah, what?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2013, 13:49 Agent.X7

Brings to mind that Lifehack article that was linked yesterday. They had a funny chart showing the correlation of the fall of Internet Explorer's market share with the fall of the US murder rate.

DO they really have anything to do with one another? Probably not, but some idiot will always publish it in the media as fact.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > WARFACE Goes Live Next Week
12. Re: WARFACE Goes Live Next Week Oct 15, 2013, 18:08 Agent.X7

WARFACE...

...because nobody in their right mind would ever pay for a multiplayer Crytek game.

Act now and get free lag with your poor framerates!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

29. Re: Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014 Oct 15, 2013, 18:05 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 17:59:
LurkerLito wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 17:10:
ROFL...that means I get a PS4 with no games, both titles I ordered are now delayed.

Edit: And everything else being released on 11/15 I have no interest in doh.

Cancel your pre-order for the console. :-shrug-:

Yeah, but if it's anything like the Wii craze you are rolling the dice on getting one in time to play any launch games. inFAMOUS Second Son is still suppsoed to be launch window release.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Launch_Titles

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

28. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2013, 18:02 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 16:54:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 14:25:
I think The Crew needed to be delayed just to get noticed.

The Crew was never scheduled to be released this year. It's always been a 2014 title.

Right, what I mean though was it was scheduled to be released in the "launch window" of Nov - March. Sorry, looking back that was not clear.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

27. Re: Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014 Oct 15, 2013, 17:58 Agent.X7

LurkerLito wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 17:10:
ROFL...that means I get a PS4 with no games, both titles I ordered are now delayed.

Edit: And everything else being released on 11/15 I have no interest in doh.

Same boat. Pull up a life preserver and have a Mai Tai.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2013, 14:25 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 14:02:
Apparently The Crew is delayed as well.

Yeah, that makes total sense, though. There is a crazy amount of racing games at launch. New Need for Speed, Forza, Driveclub...I think The Crew needed to be delayed just to get noticed.

Watchdogs? I don't know. I know it's open world, but so are a ton of games that are coming out. It appealed to me over the Pirate AC. (I love pirates, but more Johhny Depp less Etzio with a different costume.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2226 Comments. 112 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo