Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2251 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Preloads
20. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 00:34 Agent.X7

23 1/2 hours. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Preloads
13. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 27, 2013, 17:02 Agent.X7

Choobeastia wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 16:27:
While I know there's a whole lot of EA hate out there, what you're saying sounds to me like, "listen, the other guys are crapping on you and they're JUST pissing on you, grow up and take it."

I appreciate the 24 hour period of time, but unless a release was as extreme as Sim City's was so far as badness goes you don't always know within the first 24 hours if you hate something. Many people will get up in the morning, try a round of BF4, then go to work and not be able to play until the next day and thus not get a reliable window in which to form an opinion of the product.

Only because it's a licensed product can they get away with it. Most states have laws concerning return policies that are up there a bit in days, while video games float over that issue nicely by being licensed.

No, most states do not. In fact, most states do not require you to accept returns at all, and only 9 states have laws saying that you must post your return policies.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
20. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 27, 2013, 03:37 Agent.X7

Dell's new Venue Pro 11 is priced cheaper than the original SP and you can spec it out to match the SP2. Something to consider. I'm probably going to get one because I have so much gift credit at Dell now it will only cost me a hundred or so.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2013, 00:02 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 15:43:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 14:37:
Guy builds his own submarine from a kayak.

But does he use it to smuggle drugs?

I find the whole narcosub thing fascinating. The whole idea of building something designed to smuggle, and then trying to get caught while also not drowning, etc is just nuts...

It's interesting too because you know the cartels can afford real subs, which would stand a much better chance of not being caught. They spend a million on a shitmarine when they could just pop $20 million on a real personal sub. Or they could build real subs. But no, they cobble fiberglass and spit together and lose 30% of their product. Derp.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 23:58 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 15:12:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 14:37:
Guy builds his own submarine from a kayak.

But does he use it to smuggle drugs?

War on drugs. What a fucking joke. It'd be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

It's the crazy "moral majority" forcing things that have always existed along with man to be illegal. Drugs, prostitution, gambling - people will always want to do these things. Making them illegal just begets violence.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend
13. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Oct 26, 2013, 23:53 Agent.X7

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 22:57:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 19:12:
I'm officially committed as well, considering I just spent 2 hours fine-tuning my server settings and map rotations, linking the server to the tracker, and announcing the server on my pages.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/66.55.137.189:30000/

Server info, btw.

Hrm, I'll check your server out post-release, although I am not generally a fan of Hardcore, purely because I end up getting TK'd so damn much on pubs. Orange Dorito over my head? Ok, as long as my teammates can't blow up my tank.

Also, it figures that there was a BF4 sale right as/just after I bought it.

Normal just irks me because I hate having to dump a whole mag into someone just to have them dance a behind cover and regenerate, then dance out and kill me with a lucky headshot.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > WoW Connected Realms Update
14. Re: WoW Connected Realms Update Oct 26, 2013, 19:47 Agent.X7

MonkeySpank wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 15:02:
Out of curiosity, did you guys quit WoW or MMOs in general. I have been coming in and out of WoW, and haven't really found a good MMO alternative. What I like about MMOs is the big open world. Grinding and raids, not so much. I am currently enjoying WoW, but mostly for lack of good alternatives.

any suggestions?

I quit WoW 4 months after Cata, by which time I had done every heroic dungeon multiple times, and even went on a raid or two. I was never a big raider, I just don't have the patience for that massive time sink. I tried to go back when Panda came out, but I never even played my full 30 days. I have started it up a couple times with 7 day trials they keep sending me, but I still haven't gotten very far in Panda land.

I play quite bit of Guild Wars 2 now. I love that I have no financial obligation to keep playing because there is no subscription. I finished the content and now I play when something new interests me, or not.

Otherwise I am waiting to see if EQNext is any good. I love MMOs, but I am SO burned out on the WoW clones.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend
8. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Oct 26, 2013, 19:12 Agent.X7

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 18:06:
I am officially committed to BF4 now. Upgraded to a Corsair 512gb Neutron, bought BF4/Premium, preloaded. BF3 seems to be a bit skewed right now, everybody is either a veteran or seemingly brand new. Every map is a blowout. Some of it is probably rusty people coming back also.

Only a few days to start whining about weaker tanks in BF3 in earnest though, hooray!

I'm officially committed as well, considering I just spent 2 hours fine-tuning my server settings and map rotations, linking the server to the tracker, and announcing the server on my pages.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/66.55.137.189:30000/

Server info, btw.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 13:34 Agent.X7

Julio wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 11:49:
I don't find Batman has the appeal it once did to me, but I wish Affleck was more hesitant so he didn't take the role. Daredevil was bad enough.

You'd think there would be more options given how many actors are out there.

Just like everything, it's all about politics.

And that sub is pretty cool. Not as cool as the stuff the drug cartels have, but cool for being home built.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > WoW Connected Realms Update
1. Re: WoW Connected Realms Update Oct 26, 2013, 12:44 Agent.X7

Wow, they have to connect Mannaroth with another server? Back when my friends and I started out on Manno you couldn't get on without a queue. We competed and were in the top 5 for world firsts and unlocks, and we were a PVP server in a PVE dominated list. Sad to see that the population dropped so much that it needs to be connected with another server.

Of course, I jumped ship a long time ago. My guild, which used to be all friends from CS and SWG, was overtaken with "pro" raiders dedicated to being on top. A buddy and I who didn't play that way left for a PVE server because getting ganked every 5 seconds was getting annoying. Now my poor characters languish on Exodar, ignored for lack of innovation in their game.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Golden Joystick Winners
2. Re: Golden Joystick Winners Oct 25, 2013, 19:03 Agent.X7

How the fuck do you award 2013 games when there's still more than 2 months left in the year and a bunch of major releases aren't even out yet?

These awards win my "Even More Worthless Than The Rest Of The Worthless Awards" award.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2013, 15:22 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 10:23:
Kajetan wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 06:33:
Just think of a Transformers movie WITHOUT any of those boring human actors and their stupid boring lines?

Errrr what? Did we watch the same movie? 90% of Pacific Rim is B movie dialogue with terrible performances from actors who are trying way too hard to make something out of an awful script. If anything it needed more robot stuff.

Transformers is worse because the action is often so messy and frenetic that you can't make heads or tails of what is going on.

The robots in Transformers are way too busy looking. Someone failed design school and got hired anyway. The original designs for the comics, toys, and cartoons were way better.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

50. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2013, 15:18 Agent.X7

Blue wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 09:48:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 16:50:
So then what is the point of the bags and "recycling" if they just get thrown in the garbage. I won't even go into the comments about drinking that squirrel piss coffee. I thought you burred your own.

We do grind our own, the Starbucks bags are for French Roast whole beans. To my tastes they result in an excellent cup of coffee.

Ditto

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2013, 13:03 Agent.X7

+1000 awesome points to Abrams for having the guts to totally toss Lucas's idea and hire the guy who did Empire instead. The Force is strong in this one.

PS - SUCK IT TREKKIES! *In a Sean Connery accent. Think SNL Jeopardy.*

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 25, 2013, 12:57 Agent.X7

Yeah, I can't wait for my PS4 so I can play Watchdo...oh, right.

Well, at least I can play Drive...oh, yeah.

Um...

And the Alienware trade in program is CRAP. for shits and giggles I looked up my laptop, which is an Alienware M18x only a little over a year old. I paid over 3K for it. They woul dgive me about $500 for it. Yeah, guys, there's this eBay thing, and Amazon, and Craigslist, and...

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM
51. Re: CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM Oct 24, 2013, 13:10 Agent.X7

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 11:10:
16 gigs..... 4 as a memory cache. I'd go at least 8 now for sure, but more like 12 minimum. You want a little extra headroom vs consoles. The nice thing with the Ram is you can have a lot open in the background and everything still runs grand. The days of close everything to play a game are long gone.

And thank God for that. Oops, I want to play Half-Life. Time to stop half of my processes so I can get as much performance as possible. I do not miss that at all.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2013, 13:07 Agent.X7

I talk to my dog, cat, and bunny because if they weren't around I would be talking to myself, and that's just crazy.

I use the same coffee, Blue. I just stick the bags in the recycling bin. I had no idea they even had such a program.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 24, 2013, 01:58 Agent.X7

Yeah, but this isn't like FRAPS, it constantly records the last 20 minutes so you can save it when something noteworthy happens. Otherwise it just gets re-written. If you do that with FRAPS or a similar program you will fill up a 1TB hard drive damn quick. You would have to constantly erase footage you didn't need.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM
40. Re: CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM Oct 24, 2013, 01:53 Agent.X7

Jerykk wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 01:28:
I'm fine with the memory requirement, even if it does seem excessive for a CoD game, but 40 gigs of HD space? Really? That's bigger than most MMOs. How exactly does a 4 hour shooter have that much content? Maybe every single texture in the game is 4096x4096? That's the only thing I can think of.

That's why I asked if they are using the Rage engine. It's the only shooter I can think of that was that big. For no reason, really, since mega-textures mega-sucked. My Guild Wars 2 folder isn't even 20GB.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 23, 2013, 23:09 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 21:17:
Xbox One achievements will be color-coded to each player.

huh? That is something you write an article about? wow. They must be hurting for info/good news to release something like that.

IN other news, some people only use one finger to operate both the RT AND R1 button! Amazing. AMAZING!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2251 Comments. 113 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo