Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2346 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2013, 13:57 Agent.X7

I get allergy shots every other week. There is a whole stable of nurses, most of them attractive. The one nurse that looks like her name should be Brunhilda is the one nurse that whacks you with the needles like you were a horse. Hey missy, just because you have arms like tree trunks doesn't mean you should be seeing just how hard you can stab me before the needle breaks off in my arm.

She hit a nerve this summer and my left arm was numb on the back for two months. I rudely asked for another nurse the next time she was at my station. Haven't had her since. My arms thank me.

The one nurse looks like Elizabeth Shue. Like, dead ringer. I always want to make an Adventures in Babysitting joke, but I'm sure she has been told many times.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
19. Re: etc. Nov 27, 2013, 13:50 Agent.X7

I'd like to win an Oscar.

Even though I've only been an extra twice and wound up not being visible on screen both times.

Good luck to us both, EA!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Patched
3. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Patched Nov 27, 2013, 13:41 Agent.X7

In other news, China Rising is next week for BF4 Premium. Whee!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign
31. Re: Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign Nov 27, 2013, 13:35 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 11:18:
PHJF wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 10:15:
Hey, I've been waiting for this to hit $30 at GMG forever (the only place it seems to ever go on sale) but their vouchers never stack with it. Perfect timing.

To anyone around here still playing, what server you on?

Most Blues'ers were on Tarnished Coast, but I have no idea how many of them are still playing.

The game just is not fun, straight up.

Oooh... yeah... I'm gonna have to go ahead and kinda... disagree with you on that.

Still on Tarnished Coast. We kick ass in WvWvW. We're not quite division one, whoops, just checked, I guess we are div 1 now.

Anyway, I don't play much WvW, but I love all the new content every month. (Most of it, anyway.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > LEGO: The Hobbit Announced
29. Re: LEGO: The Hobbit Announced Nov 26, 2013, 19:33 Agent.X7

It's funny, but I never liked Lord of the Rings as a kid. The Hobbit was a fun read, and I have a collector's edition of the book I liked it so much. By contrast, Lord of the Rings was very dull to me. Not the plot, but the way in which Tolkien wrote it. It was like having your history professor tell an interesting story in such a way that you wanted to die from boredom in the middle of his lecture.

Jackson took that great plot and told it in an exciting way. My opinion. Obviously some like it, some don't. We watched Casablanca in an acting class once. About a third of the class liked it, a third did not, and one third thought it was OK but not great. And that's a classic movie so revered by critics that nobody will consider doing a remake.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
33. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 26, 2013, 19:16 Agent.X7

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 18:11:
The original 360's had noise issues, but the only time I've ever heard of an issues with scratched disc's is from idiots significantly moving the machine from the horizontal to vertical position while the drive was in operation. Hell there was a major gaming website doing an unboxing of the Xbox Elite with Fable 3 (I think) in the drive at the event and as soon as they turned it on it's side you can hear the drive scratching the disc up, then they pull the disc out and show it to the camera stating 'I guess you can't do that with the new units'. A bump or nudge is fine, but when people are knocking them around, tripping on them etc, and wondering why they have scratched disc's you wonder what they are really doing to do that.
Hell we had PS3 and 360 games come back to us via parents with children in tow, and would flat out ask them what happened and 7 out of 10 times the child would confess to f'ing it up cause they were doing something they weren't suppose to (including 1 kid getting cupped upside the back of his head for lieing about how it happened, and for destroying their parents game).

I've plopped down a console on a shelf next to our store unit to hook it up for testing and the store unit scratched the game that was running in it. I wasn't particularly gentle when I set it down, but I didn't slam it down or otherwise do something out of the ordinary. They just use drives that do not lock the disc in place. Enough vibration and whoops, the 360 scratches a circle into the disc. They knew about this issue before release. Didn't fix it, costs too much. Released the slim, didn't fix it. Costs too much. Instead they put a warning in the instructions and a label on the console.

It kills me that they chip lock the drives to the consoles to make replacement a bitch, but they won't pony up the extra buck or two to use drives that lock the disc.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

29. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 26, 2013, 17:47 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 17:40:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 17:38:
The Xbox 360 had a shit disc drive. Always has, and still does even in the newest model. And drive that scratches a ring into a DVD if it is bumped during operation is shit. 360s do this CONSTANTLY.

Not shocking that MS cheaped out on the drive again and is again experiencing issues. But hey, for the extra $100 over PS4 what did you expect? Xbox fanboys can always justify the fucked up flaws in the system. At this point, as a ration human being, I am dumbfounded that anybody would still be playing on the Xbox anything. I have customers that have burned through 6 to 8 of them. That's like ONE A YEAR. And yet we sell at least 2x more 360 games than PS3. I'd say about 1/4 of the new 360 games we sell come back within a month for disc repair because someone jumped too hard or bumped the system and BZZZZZZZZZZZ disc burn!

And I hear "Well, the Playstation online sucks!" Uh huh. "Yellow light of death!" Riiiiiight, what was the percentage of YLOD PS3 compared to the percentage of RROD Xboxs?

The worst thing about the PS3 was that it launched at a price too high for the economy. Which only happened because they listened to all the whiners who "needed" backwards compatibility but then refused to pony up for it.

Yup, the 360 had some serious drive issues at launch.

But, again, I say anyone throwing "fanboy" around probably needs to consider his own bias. It's getting really tiring to see men in their 30s and 40s on this site going "All the fanboys are wrong, here is why the platform I like better rules and their sucks!"

I'm sorry, did I piss in your coffee this morning? Nobody said Sony is without faults. Fuck, if I had my way I would be able to play all these games on a PC and be done with the console bullshit. I only bought a PS3 because: Uncharted, Blu-ray movies. Ditto the PS4. There are troubling things about the PS4 launch. No 3D movie playback? WTF? No Turtle Beach or Tritton compatibility with old headsets? Huh?

I'm sorry, I run a gamestore and I get to hear all the bullshit from 360 owners all day about how their console is awesome, despite it having all sorts of issues that cost them hundreds of dollars. FANBOYS. If you can't have a rational opinion because you are so loyal to a brand? FANBOY.

And the 360 drive issues STILL EXIST EVEN IN THE NEWEST MODELS.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

27. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 26, 2013, 17:38 Agent.X7

The Xbox 360 had a shit disc drive. Always has, and still does even in the newest model. Any drive that scratches a ring into a DVD if it is bumped during operation is shit. 360s do this CONSTANTLY.

Not shocking that MS cheaped out on the drive again and is again experiencing issues. But hey, for the extra $100 over PS4 what did you expect? Xbox fanboys can always justify the fucked up flaws in the system. At this point, as a ration human being, I am dumbfounded that anybody would still be playing on the Xbox anything. I have customers that have burned through 6 to 8 of them. That's like ONE A YEAR. And yet we sell at least 2x more 360 games than PS3. I'd say about 1/4 of the new 360 games we sell come back within a month for disc repair because someone jumped too hard or bumped the system and BZZZZZZZZZZZ disc burn!

And I hear "Well, the Playstation online sucks!" Uh huh. "Yellow light of death!" Riiiiiight, what was the percentage of YLOD PS3 compared to the percentage of RROD Xboxs?

The worst thing about the PS3 was that it launched at a price too high for the economy. Which only happened because they listened to all the whiners who "needed" backwards compatibility but then refused to pony up for it.

But yes, Xbox 360 had a massively troubled launch. Also, anybody remember Atari Jaguar? I worked at Toys R Us when that launched. What an awesome system for the time, except that out of our 10 systems in stock, 6 of them were returned because they didn't work. Never found out why. Sega CD? Drives burned out in months. gamegear? Did you actually want that color screen to work? So sorry. Playstation? overheat and die much? Yeah man, plenty of consoles had troubled launches.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 26, 2013, 02:12 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Nov 25, 2013, 21:26:
The Average Price of a PS4 Sold on eBay is $425. So Far.

Good - fuck those scalpers!

And hey - MS fucking peoples accounts already, not even a week in! Kudos!

Eh, I ended up selling my personal Xbone Day One edition on eBay. After it got here I sat there looking at the box while I was playing PS4. After a couple of hours I decided I didn't even care about trying it yet. I'll wait until something comes out that I want to try. (Quantum whatever looks cool.) Besides, Xbone was available int he stores around here even late on launch day. I figured if someone really had to have a Day One edition and they didn't have the foresight to have pre-ordered one, then they could pay for it. I made back what I paid, so I was happy.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > LEGO: The Hobbit Announced
7. Re: LEGO: The Hobbit Announced Nov 26, 2013, 01:57 Agent.X7

Krovven wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 00:42:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Nov 25, 2013, 22:21:
The first one was pretty bad. There were a handful of scenes which appeared on screen EXACTLY as I had imagined them while reading The Hobbit as an eight year old, but beyond that the movie just was not any good. Given that they're turning a brisk 300 page children's book into 3 3-hour movies, the filmmakers have had to rely on a LOT of padding. All of the padding is generally poorly written, but more importantly it destroys the pacing of the story. It is literally about 25 minutes into the film that Gandalf finally shows up on Bilbo's porch. Likewise, they seem to have wanted to include more action scenes in order to rouse the audience from the slumber induced by the glacial pacing, yet these scenes are shot so as to show off 3D effects as opposed to generate actual excitement. If you take the film Fellowship, there were really only three major action scenes (Weathertop, Moria, the Breaking of the Fellowship) but all of them were quite thrilling because you could see what was going, they were well choreographed, brutally violent in a way designed to illicit excitement, AND didn't look like a cartoon. In comparison, the action of The Hobbit, mostly invented for the screen, is all blatant CGI shots with a focus on 3D effects: maybe impressive if you're in elementary school, but very distracting and suspension of disbelief breaking if you are not. Disappointing film. I may go see the new one, but not if I'm buying the ticket, lol.

Wow, a lot of that is just plain BS.
a) They made it into 3 movies because they are using a lot of content from the appendices. Supposedly the Smaug story is wrapped up in the 2nd movie. With the 3rd focusing on The Battle of the Five Armies, the Necromancer, and possibly Bilbo's journey back home.
b) They wrote new content and made changes to the story for the LoTR trilogy as well.
c) Gandalf shows up at Bilbo's door 14 minutes into the extended edition (I literally just checked to prove you wrong). Considering the extended edition made the prologue even longer...I'm going to guess it's 11 or 12min into the theatrical release. Or would you have rather they just skipped the whole prologue explanation of how the Dwarves were ousted from Erabor by Smaug?
d) The Hobbit is a much lighter tale and written for a younger audience. The Dwarves and their jolly demeanour are a big reason for this. So yes naturally the action sequences are lighter, more comedic and the movie is more family friendly in nature.

There are some liberties taken that I'm not a big fan of, but there were some in the LoTR trilogy as well. None of which have prevented me from enjoying all the movies.

Spoilers abound... if you want to see film and book comparisons with pros and cons, Complete list of film-changes

Completely agree with Krowen. Excellent film. Can't wait for the next.

Admittedly, I love Peter Jackson as a filmmaker, with the exception of The Lovely Bones, which I did not like. The Frighteners was good, LotRs was my favorite film series of all time, King Kong was great, Tin Tin was great, Heavenly Creatures was even pretty good. (although not really my type of film.)

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 2013, 02:07.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

35. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2013, 15:43 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Nov 25, 2013, 13:25:
Keep the faith, pal.

Know what Jesus and I have in common? We've both been crucified. I went 3 and 10 yesterday.

Wow, dude. You are the guy at the funeral that knocks over the casket. You know that, right?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

113. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2013, 04:44 Agent.X7

eDave wrote on Nov 25, 2013, 02:03:
Hudson; a beautiful and treasured friend to all of us and will be dearly missed by all.

My humble condolence's Blue. She really was a Wonder Dog!

http://www.bluesnews.com/screenshots/games/misc/20041101/img_0924.jpg

OMG, Levelord. That's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

75. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2013, 16:19 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Nov 24, 2013, 13:18:

I'm crying...these are the times where "I'm sorry" doesn't seem adequate to cover the the situation.

So very very sorry to hear...

Right there with you. I read that and actually yelled "Oh, no!" It feels like just yesterday that Blue was telling us that he got Hudson.

So sorry for your loss, Blue.

And that offensive advertisement link, omg. Nothing drives home how much the world has changed better than looking at ads from the previous century. Some of those would not only get you fired today, but probably killed as well.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2013, 16:28.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2013, 16:39 Agent.X7

TIME just did an article on the whole Sophia Stewart thing. It's just Internet Bullshit.

http://tinyurl.com/q643syw

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Fallout 4(?) "Nuclear Winter" Teased
24. Re: Fallout 4(?) Nov 22, 2013, 17:01 Agent.X7

Atomic wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 11:48:
Can someone explain to me why a new game would be considered Fallout 4? Why is NV not counted as number 4?

For the same reason there were 2 Assassin's Creed games between II and III.

Or because New Vegas was made by another company and Bethesda wanted to call theirs 4.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Telltale's Game of Thrones Game?
14. Re: Telltale's Game of Thrones Game? Nov 22, 2013, 02:08 Agent.X7

Hopefully it follows TWD format and is based on the books and not the TV series.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

62. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2013, 17:41 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 17:28:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 17:23:
Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 17:09:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 17:07:
Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 16:54:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 16:52:
Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 15:53:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 15:51:
Good way to end up in jail.

For doing what, exactly?

Pissing off a cop.

Heh, I'd seriously like to see them try to take that to trial.

It's not about taking it to a trial. How ruined is your day now that you had to spend the night in a holding cell or had a pile of tickets dropped in your lap that you now have to take the time to fight or pay for?

Where is this pile of tickets coming from? Again, if you inform a cop of your rights, what exactly is he going to write you up for? Him getting pissed off is not a valid reason for writing me a ticket. If I'm abusing him, threatening him or things like that, sure. If you politely hand him something like the aforementioned card along with your driver's license, what exactly are you doing that you think is against the law?

Cops don't have the authority to just randomly fucking write tickets and detain people.

No, they don't. But since when has that ever stopped anyone?

All the time every time. I and other officers I train and work with, NEVER stop someone "just because". Again, can't speak for other people, but not all cops are bad cops. Yea, there are bad ones, and I hope they are dealt with, lose their jobs, and a criminally charged - I sure as hell won't work with them and don't want anything to do with them.

It is so easy to have a reason to stop a car, I never understood why "bad cops" would have to make up a reason. I see thousands of cars a shift, it wouldn't even cross my mind to stop one for no reason. Which is probably why I have never lost a case.

I'm not saying all cops are bad. However, cops are just like everyone else. Oh, I can't believe that guy was a serial killer, he was so quiet and nice. Oh, I can't believe that officer was skimming dope from suspects, he was such an upstanding cop.

PS - nobody has to take my word for the shit that happens. Google some cop forums and read in their own words the dickish things some of these guys do.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

60. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2013, 17:34 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 17:13:
North Texas article:

*UPDATE TO THE VIDEO ABOVE** Fort Worth police initially said they could not immediately find any record of their officers being involved in the roadblock, but on Tuesday police spokesman Sgt. Kelly Peel said that the department's Traffic Division coordinated with the NHTSA on the use of off-duty officers after the agency asked for help with the survey.

"We are reviewing the actions of all police personnel involved to ensure that FWPD policies and procedures were followed," he said. "We apologize if any of our drivers and citizens were offended or inconvenienced by the NHTSA National Roadside Survey."

Don't be mad at cops, be mad at the NHTSA.

Be mad at the state of society. Our wasteful and ridiculous war on drugs, terror, and whatever else we can think of has slowly gotten people used to a police state that encourages this kind of bullshit.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

55. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2013, 17:23 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 17:09:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 17:07:
Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 16:54:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 16:52:
Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 15:53:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 15:51:
Good way to end up in jail.

For doing what, exactly?

Pissing off a cop.

Heh, I'd seriously like to see them try to take that to trial.

It's not about taking it to a trial. How ruined is your day now that you had to spend the night in a holding cell or had a pile of tickets dropped in your lap that you now have to take the time to fight or pay for?

Where is this pile of tickets coming from? Again, if you inform a cop of your rights, what exactly is he going to write you up for? Him getting pissed off is not a valid reason for writing me a ticket. If I'm abusing him, threatening him or things like that, sure. If you politely hand him something like the aforementioned card along with your driver's license, what exactly are you doing that you think is against the law?

Cops don't have the authority to just randomly fucking write tickets and detain people.

No, they don't. But since when has that ever stopped anyone?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

54. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2013, 17:19 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 17:07:
PHJF wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 17:04:
Ohio used DUI before switching a number of years ago to OVI: Operating a Vehicle while Impaired. OVI is all-inclusive. You can be arrested for OVI'ing on a bicycle. It is also illegal to be in possession of keys to and intoxicated in a parked car while in the driver's seat.

Ah, okay. To be honest, I have no problem with DUI/OVI or whatever stops. Those genuinely have to do with safety, mine included.

It's the other stops that are horseshit. And in the 10 years that I've lived here, I've twice gotten stopped for insurance-checks, once for god knows what reason as they just stopped me, took a look inside, and moved me on (I guess they were hunting someone), and never for a DUI check.

They most likely weren't looking for anybody. If they can see something in plain view that is suspicious, that gives them probable cause to search your vehicle without your permission. It's how they pop people for drugs, guns, and other illegal stuff all the time. Some idiot will have a baggie on the back seat or a bong sticking out from under a seat. You probably wavered a bit and they bit, hoping to score an arrest.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2346 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo