Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 1975 (Pro)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2013, 12:46 Agent.X7

Ugh, I feel your pain. We're trying to sell our house right now, but the roof only has a few years left and the agents we talked to want us to replace it. Sure, we'll dump 10s of thousands into a roof that will get us a zero net on return. Oh, yeah, no.

Speaking as a homeowner who has also replaced: The furnace (ouch), the entire attic insulation (SQUIRRELS!), basement carpet (backed up drains from the flood, sweet!), our entire front yard (used to be stepped down a steep embankment but the railroad ties rotted out, of course while we owned it). We also had to remove a hottub that some genius had sunk into the office floor with no ventilation or proper wiring/drainage.

I'd still own over renting though. It's kept me from murdering any neighbors.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Buys Back Stock
16. Re: Activision Blizzard Buys Back Stock Jul 26, 2013, 12:28 Agent.X7

ASeven wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 12:22:
Kotick was pretty smart here and killed two birds with one stone. Pretty much this was the only move he could make where ActiBlizz could come out as a winner.

I'm pretty sure this was actually what Vivendi wanted. It's pretty common to announce some batshit insane plan to force stockholders to do what you want them to.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details
19. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Jul 25, 2013, 19:36 Agent.X7

Battlelog sucks, but the BF series has ALWAYS had shit server browsers. At least back in the day Gamespy actually worked. Now we're stuck with the crap DICE thinks works.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns
13. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns Jul 25, 2013, 19:34 Agent.X7

Played it for a couple of hours between customers. So far it's very retro RPG. I like it, but this is what I grew up with. hate the checkpoint saves, though. Ugh.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Online Announced
9. Re: F.E.A.R. Online Announced Jul 25, 2013, 12:20 Agent.X7

They just do not get horror games. They ruined FEAR already, and the last Dead Space game was the worst in the series. Aliens was scary because the marines got their asses handed to them despite their superior firepower and technology. Not because they juiced every xeno on the planet while playing as a team.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: NSA Jul 22, 2013, 15:53 Agent.X7

This whole Internet thing has been big for about 2 decades now. The government is still trying to come up with legislation for things that happened 2 decades ago. They are so slow to respond to changes that they should NOT be overseeing new technology. The FB thing is a really good case in point. It's the equivalent of walking up to someone in a bar and telling them you are going to kill them if they win this pool game. Do you really mean that you are literally going to murder them for winning? No. DO they think you are going to murder them for winning? No. It's a saying. It's maybe not the smartest thing to say, but most logical people know what you mean.

Not the government. Oh, you made terroristic threats! Zero tolerance! ZERO TOLERANCE!! At most you might want to monitor them to see if they actually plan to carry through. But no, we throw the kid in jail. Ridiculous.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 22, 2013, 15:46 Agent.X7

Yeah, I liked the cheap books, but even better is the ability to bring literally hundreds of books with me on any trip. When I was young I was only allowed to bring one bag of stuff to do for a trip, and I could fit my Gameboy and a couple of paperbacks. The paperbacks were done on the way down and then I was screwed if we had downtime (like a rainy afternoon.) Now I shove my Kindle in my backpack with all my clothes and everything else I need and have books enough to last for months.

I just wish they would stop making better ones. I had the first edition one, and that cost a lot of money. Then I got the better one a couple of years later, and now I really want the new Paperwhite one. (Plus the touchscreen is so much nicer than the buttons for browsing books and turning pages.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 22, 2013, 13:55 Agent.X7

Axis, you are on ignore for a reason. Too bad for me I was curious as to what you said. Just the first few lines tell me you don't know WTF you are talking about. Pollsters can and DO distinguish between landlines and cells. There are plenty of articles on it. Educate yourself instead of making shit up.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. NSA Jul 22, 2013, 12:55 Agent.X7

It's simple, dipshit, Facebook isn't about to send 50 guys with body armor and machine guns to knock down your door for something stupid. I trust them with my information because I know WHY they want it. (To make me spend money)  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 22, 2013, 12:16 Agent.X7

Rasmussen relies heavily on landline phones for their automated polling. The only other way they reach respondents is by surveys of people who have signed up to take surveys. How accurate do you think think poll is? They have 95% confidence, I have none.

Who is more likely to use an e-reader, people with landline phones who answer automated calls or people who hang up on automated calls or don't even have a landline? My grandmother uses a landline. She thinks Kindles are dumb. Of course, she doesn't read anyway. My mom, who is over 60, does not have a landline. She reads and she uses a Kindle her roommate bought her. She loves it. I do not have a landline. I only buy my favorite books in hardcover, everything else is on my Kindles. I read about 2 books a week. My employee does not have a landline. She reads on a Kindle Fire.

You see where I am going? Polls like this are inherently inaccurate. Statistics teaches you to try to replicate the population numbers using a sample, but it rarely works in any accurate way. The sample sizes are just too small to be anything close to accurate, and the people they obtain them from are quite often not representative fo the population at large.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Campaign Details
9. Re: Battlefield 4 Campaign Details Jul 18, 2013, 17:44 Agent.X7

ItBurn wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 17:21:
I'm in the BF is a multiplayer game camp. Single player was tacked on in order to compete with COD's single player campaign. I'm also all for dropping single player to focus on the multi.

Same. The Bad Company games were OK, but it was all about the multiplayer for me. I didn't actually know BF3 had a single player. I remember some crap co-op maps I had to do in order to unlock some guns. Hated them.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > New GeForce Beta Drivers
4. Re: New GeForce Beta Drivers Jul 18, 2013, 17:42 Agent.X7

Have not had an issue with my desktop card. (590 GTX) I install the latest and greatest and it works fine. I'm hoping my new 780 will work as well.

My twin 580m cards do not like anything above 314.22. With 314.22 I get great fps in games and my laptop acts like normal. With the 320.xx drivers Firefix locks up the whole laptop for minutes at a time, and I get sudden drops into single digit fps that won't stop until I quit the game and restart. (Any game. GW2, XCOM, etc..)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > New GeForce Beta Drivers
1. Re: New GeForce Beta Drivers Jul 18, 2013, 15:52 Agent.X7

Hey, does this fix all the issues the latest drivers have had with laptop video cards? Doubtful!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Trailer
7. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Trailer Jul 17, 2013, 14:35 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 12:28:
Raptor wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 11:29:
InBlack wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 10:50:
The main vibe Im getting from it though is that its a dumbed down version of XCOM, which is a bad thing. Erm basically, I want MOAR XCOM. Not this

I thought the new Xcom was already a dumbed down version of the originals, so now they've dumbed it down even more?
Also looks dated, which I can forgive for if the thing plays properly, but it seems to be more fast paced action and (have to say this) console friendly than it should be.

Need to look up those indie versions now. (or replay the original... again)

"Dumbed down" is typically a dumb term.
New X-Com was pretty awesome.

QFE. Did I mention I got the new XCOM for FREE on PSN and still decided to PAY for the Special Edition one on PC because it was that awesome? (And because the PS3 one lags like a bitch...)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound
33. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 17, 2013, 14:32 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 13:25:
Woot - finally got mine. 3 keys apparently!

Ditto. Forgot they were coming to the store email, though. I was wondering why everyone I know had theirs and I still hadn't gotten mine. Doh!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Election Season Begins
12. Re: Guild Wars 2 Election Season Begins Jul 16, 2013, 19:27 Agent.X7

Dungeons are only chaotic when you have a group of people who don't know what they are doing. It works the same way in games that do have the trinity. I can't tell you how many pug groups wiped in WoW because everyone was just running around.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Election Season Begins Jul 16, 2013, 16:01 Agent.X7

I loved the race. I hope they do more of that in the future.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

22. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 16, 2013, 16:00 Agent.X7

wonkawonka wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 13:16:
Got mine, put it on steam just in case I lose the email.
Ready to roll next week!
(in the meantime, honing my skillz on xcom on the ipad. Damn good port)

Ah, I got XCom free on PS3, played for a while, and then actually spent money on the PC version because the PS3 was so damn choppy. The framerate was so inconsistent it drove me nuts.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 16, 2013, 15:58 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 09:40:
InBlack wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 09:31:
So when can those who did not back or preorder buy this??? Can we do it on the 25th or do we have to wait a few days/weeks/months/years? Why do they send keys beforehand anyway...this is all very strange and confusing to me...

Looks like they pulled the (physical) CE's from here and now suggest steam preorders.

Should go live on the 25th.

Looking forward to my $125 physical package!

Me too!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Election Season Begins Jul 16, 2013, 14:09 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 11:28:
So far I've been a huge fan of their content updates, but this is just terrible.

Creston

I think it's pretty cool. We get to decide who sits on the council, which will effect the game going forward.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

1975 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo