Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2347 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > SteamOS on Friday
8. Re: Into the Black Dec 12, 2013, 01:16 Agent.X7

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 00:57:
Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 23:13:
Shit, games are the only reason most of us use Windows anyway.

I think most is an over-statement.

Any Bluesers manage to snag a beta slot?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2013, 19:21 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 16:14:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 15:22:
Global warming is unpaused and stuck on fast forward, new research shows.

Our kids are so fcked.

But not the kids of conservatives though. Because apparently none of it is real anyway. But you can find them hanging out with ostriches, with their heads stuck in the sand, so you can ask them yourself.

bi-partisan bullshit incoming! Run for your lives!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in April
65. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 19:20 Agent.X7

Got an invite to the beta. Deleted it. Still zero interest in this as a sub game.

I beta tested EQ. It was the first 3d MMO to market. Those graphics were pretty amazing at the time. They were not really going for cartoony for most of the artwork. (Larry Elmore did a lot of artwork for them)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker
25. Re: Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker Dec 11, 2013, 18:35 Agent.X7

The really funny part was when Bad Company 2 launched they had some pretty annoying bugs that they finally fixed, only to have those EXACT SAME BUGS show up in battlefield 3. Then they showed up again in BF4.

Hello? This is your engine. Can you not figure out how you got rid of these same bugs before? Did you not document it?

I'm enjoying BF4, but it has some scream worthy issues sometimes. Like, I cannot log into my server from my house. I can play on it from work, but not home. I used to be able to, but the China Rising dropped and poof, gone like magic.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker
19. Re: Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker Dec 11, 2013, 15:57 Agent.X7

Battlefield has always had shit server browsers. They never learned to make a decent one. At least back in the day you could use Gamespy to find a 1942 server. back when Gamespy was a good browser.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: A year after ban on loud TV commercials: BETTER? Dec 11, 2013, 15:53 Agent.X7

Frags4Fun wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 14:22:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 13:15:
TV Commercials? People still watch live TV?

Haven't had cable in almost a decade. (And I only had it then because my wife had it when I moved in with her, hadn't had it before that, um, ever.)

Broadband gives me Amazon, Amazon gives me...pretty much everything I watch these days. I used to watch Hulu, but then they got as bad with the commercials as TV. I used to have Netflix, but I got seriously tired of them taking movies and shows away while they were still on my watchlist.

Screw paying the cable companies for 200 channels I don't watch.

I envy you. If I wasn't married, I wouldn't have cable either. We don't even have 200 channels though. It's more like 60-70 channels that are repeated two or three times for some odd reason. I believe it's to give us the illusion that we actually have more channels. Also, many of the channels are in Spanish which is useless since I don't know Spanish. It's a rip-off! Then there's the fact that there is a 5 minute commercial break every 7-9 minutes. It's completely absurd. So yeah, I envy you.

I had to cut my wife off. She would spend every waking minute on the couch watching the dumbest shit on the planet and not getting anything done.

So now, of course, she spends every waking minute at her desk, on Facebook, watching the dumbest shit on the planet and not getting anything done.

Yeah. Go me. At least I'm already paying for my ISP and not getting pumped for $100 a month for tv.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2013, 14:22 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 10:06:
Yeah that's some pretty silly "internet justice!" dude.

Honest Trailers - The Hobbit- An Unexpected Journey.

I really didn't care for that movie so anxious to watch the takedown at lunch.

I loved it, but I can watch Honest Trailers about anything. This one wasn't all that funny though. I think it's one of the first HTs that I just thought fell flat.

Also re: Overcrowded - I think most of us can figure out that deserts are largely uninhabited and huge cities are overpopulated. Kind of a given there.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: A year after ban on loud TV commercials: BETTER? Dec 11, 2013, 13:15 Agent.X7

TV Commercials? People still watch live TV?

Haven't had cable in almost a decade. (And I only had it then because my wife had it when I moved in with her, hadn't had it before that, um, ever.)

Broadband gives me Amazon, Amazon gives me...pretty much everything I watch these days. I used to watch Hulu, but then they got as bad with the commercials as TV. I used to have Netflix, but I got seriously tired of them taking movies and shows away while they were still on my watchlist.

Screw paying the cable companies for 200 channels I don't watch.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Unannounced Blizzard Game Revealed
35. Re: Unannounced Blizzard Game Revealed Dec 10, 2013, 19:19 Agent.X7

Unannounced Blizzard game...not announced. News at 11!

I've got my fingers crossed for Blackthorn II!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
227. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 10, 2013, 19:17 Agent.X7

Fletch wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 18:22:
Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 10:28:
The mentality of 'they don't have a right to do this until I've done something wrong' simply doesn't make sane, rational sense.

One of the most ignorant things I've ever read, and I've written some doozies myself.
What about the police? You ok with them pulling you over just for the hell of it? How about knocking on your door and forcing themselves in without a warrant just to make sure you haven't "done something wrong"? How about at 2:00AM? It's for the safety of the country/neighborhood, they tell you. Maybe they need to go through your browsing history "to protect America". "Sure officer, go ahead. I'm all for protecting America. Oh, you need my phone as well? Uhhh, ok."

As my personal lord and savior, Maynard James Keenan, said:
"Where's the line?"
Do you have one?

Not to mention 4th amendment protection. Fuck, if I don't have to wait for you to do something wrong you won't mind if I shoot you now and save myself the trouble later, right? I'll be right back, I sense a massive population drop coming in my immediate area. Pre-crime division, here I come!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

222. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 10, 2013, 15:50 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 15:25:
Abort! Abort!

Incoming bi-partisan bickering! Run for your lives!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

216. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 10, 2013, 14:01 Agent.X7

True, anyone could, but there is a HUGE difference between extemporaneous acts and premeditated ones.

They don't stop either one. It's not like the Boston bombers didn't plan it out ahead of time. McVeigh? Kaczynski? Bin Laden?

They just use tragedy as an excuse to push their agendas, much like politicians.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

214. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 10, 2013, 13:56 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 13:10:
No, they can't prevent EVERY single threat/attempt, but do you realize how many threats they have thwarted that we don't even know about, which enables us to sleep at night?

Well don't keep us in suspense, exactly how many threats have they prevented by spying on WoW raiders and Second Life introverts?

The argument that people should be ok with ~whatever~ as long as it might prevent a terrorist attack is really silly. Authorities could use the whole "FOR UR PROTECTION" as justification for anything, that's why there should always be pushback when these bodies exceed their mandate or this sort of stuff is done in secret without the general publics knowledge.

That's exactly it. DO I know how many attacks they have prevented? No. And neither do they. Neither does the Intelligence Oversight Committee. That's the real issue. This is not only done without permission, but even the Congressional committee in charge of all the spies in the US is in the dark. No warrants, no permission, no oversight. The spies are doing whatever they damn well please. Time to reign this shit in and stop it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

33. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2013, 13:50 Agent.X7

Quboid wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 12:17:
1badmf wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 12:07:
man jupiter ascending looks tight as hell. i just hope tatum doesn't ruin it by bro-ing out too much, but it looks like he did a good job. and the effects - wow. good hardcore scifi has always turned me into a sighing goo of fangirl adoration, and man someone needs to mop me up after that.

Casting Sean Bean feels like a spoiler. I notice he's only in the first half of the trailer.

He's one of those actors that I am convinced has a clause in his contract stating his character must die in every film. Leonardo DiCaprio is another. Maybe the big twisat ending is that Sean Bean lives?

And people pick on Tatum because he has done some really bad acting in the past. He has a bad rep because of it, and it's going to take a lot to get rid of it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

29. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2013, 13:44 Agent.X7

Task wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 10:28:
Man, what a way to go, in a shopping mall?

I would have just ducked out and left the 'girlfriend' there.

I know, right? Why the fuck would you end your own life because she wants to stay at the mall? You have feet, use them to walk your dumb ass right out of the mall and her life. But nooooooo, moron decides to fling himself to his death.

Thanks for removing yourself from the gene pool, genius.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

15. Re: Link Dec 10, 2013, 02:07 Agent.X7

Heh, PETA - Psychotic Eco-Terrorist Assholes

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

197. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 10, 2013, 02:04 Agent.X7

BitWraith wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 23:00:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 20:56:
Hellbinder wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 17:00:
oh thank you NSA and Government for protecting me from all those evil rag head terrorists hiding under every bush and keyboard. where would I ever be without you blowing the living shit out of half the middle east and faking one terrorist plot after the next in order to make sure I understand how awesome you are and how screwed I would be without you.

They're sure not under every bush and keyboard, but they're around. Just not very much *around* here, unless of course you live somewhere like Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Boston, NYC, London, Madrid and so on. And having seen and experienced that lovely "religion of peace" in the Philippines, when my ex just managed to miss the Rizal Day bombings, and I got to see the "glorious power of jihadi power" you'll have to forgive my opinions.

Oh and I shouldn't forget the favorite thing of the various muslim terrorist groups in the region, of taking grenades and throwing them into places like churches, and places that sell booze.

Quit watching Fox News. There are 3 billion Muslims in the world. The US population is only 300 million something - trust me, if the Muslims as a whole really wanted the US citizenry wiped off the face of the planet, they would.

My brother has spent quite a bit of time overseas in the military (war and otherwise stationed). He said 9.9 out of 10 people over there could give two fucks about us. All they worry about is how they will buy shit for all their wives (which, apparently, if one wife gets a Beamer, they all have to get a Beamer, seriously).

So, this idea from a bunch of white people that there are all these brown people overseas just frothing at the mouth to kill all whites is just more typical racist fear mongering BS.

Most of them are just folk - trying to make it in this world just like you.

Uh, try 1.6 billion, or close to 25% of the world population.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

195. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 10, 2013, 02:00 Agent.X7

MajorD wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 22:42:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 21:34:
On the other hand, my fucking freedom and privacy certainly are.

The government is stepping all over our guaranteed rights to "provide" things that we cannot actually have.

How much is too much? Any spying on American citizens is too fucking much.

And that's where the double edge sword comes in to play. So, what do you propose as an alternative to track and thwart terrorists, as any 'American Citizen' can easily be a sleeper cell?

There is no alternative. Jesus Christ, I could wake up tomorrow, decide I hate everyone and go shoot the fuck out of a crowded mall during the holiday rush. How the fuck could anyone foresee or prevent that? They CAN'T. That's the key.

YOU CANNOT PREVENT SHIT FROM HAPPENING. Period. End of story. All their fucking spying and Newtown, Aurora, Boston, Benghazi - none of it has been stopped. But hey, if we hadn't let the CIA loose we would have prevented 9/11 (Osama, trained by the CIA), Iraq (Husein, helped to power by the CIA to oppose the Iranians), Cuban Missile Crisis (Castro, again helped to power by the CIA), and many other tragedies. Not to mention we wouldn't be the most hated country on the planet.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

185. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 21:34 Agent.X7

MajorD wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 20:40:
Conspiracy theories are fun and easy to get caught up in, but keep things in perspective here. Now, I don’t put anything past ‘anyone’, or our Government for that matter, but all you 911 Conspiracy Theorists really think something of this magnitude could REALLY be contained, especially with how tenacious reporters/agencies are? Do you REALLY think if Popular Mechanics could have verified any thread of evidence the WTC collapsed from anything other than jet fuel/fire/heat, they would have reported otherwise?

Yeah, and Elvis and Jim Morrison aren't dead either; they're roommates in an apartment in Helsinki!

In regards to NSA’s ‘Game Spying’, why wouldn’t they? It’s another covert means for terrorists to communicate! So should the NSA NOT be able to conduct surveillance on any/all avenues of communication? The US Government does so much, beyond our imaginations, to keep the country and its citizens safe through wiretapping, communications monitoring, etc, but it is so easy for people to cry, “No more, it’s an invasion of our privacy”, but then they those same people can roll over and easily sleep at night. Unbelievable!

For me it is a fine line, because how much surveillance is too much, but how much is too little? Part of me says, “I don’t give a flying F#@K if they listen in on my conversations, as I don’t have anything to hide”, but the other part of me wonders, “Who is it that is listening to my communications and what are they doing with it; where are the checks and balances?” You can’t have your cake it eat it too, so I’ll just sleep soundly at night with mine next to me.

My safety and security is not guaranteed by either nature or the Constitution.

On the other hand, my fucking freedom and privacy certainly are.

The government is stepping all over our guaranteed rights to "provide" things that we cannot actually have.

How much is too much? Any spying on American citizens is too fucking much.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV Blackbeard's Wrath DLC Tomorrow
2. Re: Assassin's Creed IV Blackbeard's Wrath DLC Tomorrow Dec 9, 2013, 21:07 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 19:58:
That's why I never buy these passes. It's virtually all MP stuff I have zero interest in.

Same. I don't even really go for the single player DLC unless it's really good. (And even then I wait until the GotY edition goes way down in price...)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2347 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo