Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2254 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
19. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 17, 2013, 23:02 Agent.X7

robdot wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 13:17:
I plugged mine in by hdmi. It downloaded the update in about one minute. And one minute later,I was playing killzone....btw, resogun rocks ass. And why is the guy in killzone so short? The guys like 5 feet tall.

Good, I'm not the only one that thought that. Granted, I am used to looking down on most people IRL, but I've never played a FPS before that made me feel so short. It's like Killzone - Dwarvish Assassin!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P
31. Re: Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P Nov 16, 2013, 14:19 Agent.X7

Ant wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 10:34:
I wonder how long it will take for WoW to become finally F2P.

Maybe when WoW 2 finally comes out 10 years from now?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
15. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 16, 2013, 14:17 Agent.X7

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 04:04:
There's some buzz around the nets about being able to connect to your ps4 over the internet from outside home with the Vita for remote play? Can anyone confirm/deny?

Videogame slingbox?

I did that with my PS3 and was playing the God of War collection from work on my Vita via my PS3 at home.

So far, however, my Vita fails to find my PS4 from work, although not for lack of trying. My PS4 is in standby, but it just isn't connecting. Probably some kinks to work out.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 16, 2013, 02:26 Agent.X7

Hooked mine up at work earlier today. Connected the Vita over wi-fi, yeah, that is really cool.

Contrast - Fun little PSN game. Interesting game mechanics and setting.

Resogun - Actually pretty amazing to see all the crazy physics in this game, but at the end of the day it's still basically an 80s arcade shooter.

Killzone - RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE! It's so hard in some areas that it makes you want to smash things. Of course, it doesn't help that I hate using a controller for FPS games. Graphically it's nice, about what we've been seeing on PCs for, oh, years. The level I played was huge and very open, so it reminds me a bit of Crysis. But the framrate during some sequences really stutters noticeably.

I'm still getting used to the new UI, in some ways completely different from the PS3. I shared a screenshot of Killzone to FB just to see how that worked. I wanted to do a video, but hey, Sony only lets you record certain parts of Killzone right now. Nin is right, though. The PS4 loads stuff WAY faster than the PS3. Amazon video? Pop, you're in. My PS3 has to think about it for a minute before loading it up. Menus, the PS Store, everything loads super quick now. Very nice.

Oh, and right now my PS4 is off, but it's still charging my controller. SO GOOD.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
32. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 15, 2013, 12:13 Agent.X7

John wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 07:50:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 23:13:
UNCHARTED 4! Whooooooooooooooo!

http://youtu.be/_SnJPTkrD7o
Bah, that didn't show anything! I'm still looking forward to it though.

Don't care. Just confirmation of another is good for me. They're killing me with the is he/ is he not a descendant of Francis Drake, though.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

30. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 15, 2013, 00:25 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 23:41:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 23:13:

I'm a little disappointed we have to wait another month for Infamous (granted, Feb wasn't a lock), but I'd rather they take their time and get it right.

Yeah, but man, those graphics! That's why I am excited about this gen. I mean, I loved inFAMOUS 1 and 2, and the Uncharted series is one of my favorites, but inFAMOUS Second Son looks sooooo much better. Now that we are basically getting PCs, at least we are getting PC graphics to match.

It does suck that it's end of March instead of end of Feb, but you are right. As long as it's great, I can wait. Uncharted is killing me too. I wish they'd at least put out a Vita sequel soon.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

28. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 14, 2013, 23:13 Agent.X7

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 2013, 23:19.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

27. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 14, 2013, 21:56 Agent.X7

DangerDog wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 20:28:
It's amazing how fast things get shipped now, ordered a Korean 1440p monitor off ebay and it arrived in three days.

Yup, my distributor is in CA and I get my games overnight. I order at 6PM EST pretty regularly, and the box is at my store by 11AM the next day. (Before I am most days.) CA to PA in 17 hours. You'd be lucky to fly there so quick yourself.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

24. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 14, 2013, 19:30 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 17:58:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 17:50:
Re: PS4 failure - ZOMG! The SKY IS FALLING! Oh, no, wait. They are basically PCs now more than ever, with off the shelf parts and off the shelf problems. I doubt you will see anything like the failure rate on the original 360s.

Mine finally shipped early this morning. I've already got Killzone in hand. After reading the reviews for Knack I am so happy I did not get that. (It looked boring to me even during the E3 previews.)

I watched a stream on knack last night, and thought it looked fun...not GOTY or anything, but way better than the 4/10 it got...

It looks cool as a demo, but the negative reviews are largely due to brain shattering boring gameplay. 1 attack button, press repeatedly. No block.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 14, 2013, 17:50 Agent.X7

Re: PS4 failure - ZOMG! The SKY IS FALLING! Oh, no, wait. They are basically PCs now more than ever, with off the shelf parts and off the shelf problems. I doubt you will see anything like the failure rate on the original 360s.

Mine finally shipped early this morning. I've already got Killzone in hand. After reading the reviews for Knack I am so happy I did not get that. (It looked boring to me even during the E3 previews.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

29. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 13, 2013, 18:58 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 18:54:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 18:49:
inFAMOUS: Second Son in February. I just keep chanting that to myself.

I should get around to playing the other ones on the PS3, considering I have them. Maybe after GTAV, SR3, and the X-COM expansion... sigh...

If I were to buy a system now, it's easily the Xbone. The PS4 offers nothing right now. The Xbone offers some really cool TV features that fix 90% of what I hate my cable box for. If it had DVR functionality I'd buy it. But it doesn't, and since I don't have to buy anything right now, I'm not. I will happily wait for games. PS4 has some sweet ones coming. That Call of Duty with Mechs, though, is the game that will probably get me to finally buy a system.

I'll own both. But neither has me excited right now. The last system I bought (or was bought for me) at launch was the SNES, so it's not a huge surprise. And I spent the first 6 months with the SNES playing the NES more, because it had the better games coming out.

Titanfall is coming for the PC as well.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

26. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 13, 2013, 18:49 Agent.X7

inFAMOUS: Second Son in February. I just keep chanting that to myself.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

22. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 13, 2013, 16:25 Agent.X7

Had both the Xbone and PS4 on order since June 10. (Basically since they started accepting pre-orders.) Annoying that others have shipped but mine has still not. Oh well, as long as I get it Friday.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Announced
19. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Announced Nov 12, 2013, 17:11 Agent.X7

I only worry about LotR stuff because I have seen what suddenly opening the floodgates can do to an IP. Star Wars? Timothy Zahn did an excellent job with the first book series. Of course, he had Lucas watching over his shoulder and a bible of things he could and could not do. After that Lucas pretty much decided he no longer cared enough to oversee any of it and the shit started dribbling out. It's so diluted and most of it is complete hack work.

Sure, PJ took liberties with the movies, but a lot of it is from the appendices of LotR and he just expanded those a bit to make a brilliant set of films. War in the North wasn't bad, but now are we going to start seeing them flail the Middle Earth properties into crap? Check it, this guy died and now he is like a badass ringwraith, but a good guy! Oh FFS, what's next? Darth Vader's...er, Sauron's Apprentice? BARF!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

49. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2013, 17:03 Agent.X7

We sell the @Games Genesis you guys are talking about. It's nice because it will also take the old Genesis carts. The wireless controllers are complete shit, however. They are IR, like a TV remote, so if you aren't pointing them right at the console they stop working.

I've had a lot of people come back and snap up Genesis controllers to plug into it because the wireless ones suck that bad.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

33. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2013, 16:58 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 11:53:
John wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 11:48:
Any of you notice that the PS4 version of AC4 says it has 60mins of additional gameplay? What's that all about?

It's a PS4 exclusive mission.

PS3/PS4 exclusive. AC III had that too.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

24. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 12, 2013, 12:39 Agent.X7

NKD wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 03:02:
How many times have gamers gotten themselves twisted up into a knot over some legalese in a fucking Terms of Use document for no reason?

Idiot gamers who don't have law degrees shouldn't even be reading that shit. They aren't qualified. It's written for lawyers, by lawyers, and is generally full of copy pasta boiler plate shit designed to provide as much ass-coverage as humanly possible.

Yet you have a bunch of unqualified idiots trying to parse them for reasons to get outraged.

You don't need a law degree, but you DO need to know how to read legal BS. I'm a long way from a law degree, but my degree required some law classes, which were really helpful in deciphering legal BS.

This happens with everything though. For example, someone on the NY firearms forum started reading the firearms laws of NY and freaking out thinking that every firearm they owned was illegal because of the way the law is written. Some of us tried to tell him that you need to read the definitions section before the section of law to know what they actually mean, but he didn't believe us and ended up wasting hundreds on a lawyer who basically told him the same thing.

NKD is right, this story is just someone trolling for hits on the website. They read a section of a EULA that they probably know doesn't mean what they are saying it does and posted it up anyway to generate controversy.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 12, 2013, 00:21 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 22:37:
https://twitter.com/yosp/status/400026003101065216

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/400025979818504192

It's just legal CYA, but everyone on the net with half a clue is now freaking the fuck out.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

35. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 11, 2013, 20:35 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 17:37:
Only 8 games for ps4 out of the gate?

NES launched with 18.

/I say 8 cause some dude on Twitter posted 8 games and claimed he got them all? They are on what I can only imagine is on his bed in his mom's basement.....

Bunch of PSN games coming that actually look more fun than the BD games at the stores. I dunno, I was waiting for Watchdogs and Driveclub, so I'm still wondering what to get to test the system out.

This IGN Wiki page has them all listed. http://tinyurl.com/khsjq7j

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P
22. Re: Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P Nov 10, 2013, 02:18 Agent.X7

PropheT wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 21:26:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 20:11:
Really? Check that link out. Cash shop. You can buy in-games pets, mounts, etc. It has been around for a long time.

There is no in-game cash shop in WoW. Why not link to Amazon or Ebay where people are selling loot cards from the card game and call it a cash shop because they have items you can get for the game? You can buy XBL avatar items and DLC from Gamestop, are they a cash shop too?

Yeah, I got nothing. You went full retard there. Game over, man. GAME OVER!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2254 Comments. 113 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo