Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2316 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Dec 5, 2013, 12:44 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 10:51:
Yeah, and more than a couple of faces I recognize. Specifically Ben Foster and Dominic Cooper. If anyone's not seen The Devil's Double, I thought it was a good movie...

I was going to say, Ben Foster is in a ton of movies and TV shows. Angel in X-Men? The Mechanic, Pandorum, 3:10 to Yuma, etc.

Domonic Cooper is in a bunch of stuff too, although he is usually a secondary character. (Tony Stark's dad in Iron man and Captain America)

The rest of them are all experienced actors, but, yeah, pretty unknown. (Kazinsky was the annoying brother of Max Martini in Pacific Rim)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Battlefield 4 Issues
21. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 17:47 Agent.X7

Metro was never meant to be a 64 player CQ map. It works best in Rush with 32 players, which is fun. 32 player CQ is also OK on it, but still very spammy.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
35. Re: Op Ed Dec 4, 2013, 16:45 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 16:42:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 16:36:
Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 16:21:
bigCstyle wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 16:14:
Well... after all the trolling, incompetence, anti-consumer, anti-community, borderline illegal (or more) practices from the gaming industry in general over the years... I no longer pay more than 10 dollars for a game anymore anyway. Its a lot easier to take all this (outright) abuse when I stopped paying more than 10 dollars for a game.

Yup, that's exactly how to do it. I'm absolutely done with pre-ordering, and unless it's something I'm absolutely dying to play, I'm not buying shit day one anymore either. Too many devs think they can release plain unfinished shit for me to feel like I owe them full price anymore.

I'll buy their games on sale or not at all.

I usually wait unless it's something I really want to play. Infinite is a fantastic game for $9.99. Not sure I would be as enthused had I paid $60. (Well, OK, I get mine wholesale for the most part, but still...)

Battlefield? Glitches and all I would still buy the next one day one. Of course, it's pretty much the only multiplayer I play for 2 years.

It all depends on opinion, of course. I ordered the super expensive Reckoning CE. Not sorry at all. Loved the game, loved the cool statue. Most people look at me like I am crazy when I recommend that game.

Everyone seems to love GTA V, I wasn't so hot on it.

What was the topic?

I think I preordered Infinte because Amazon ofered $20 off. Maybe it was only $10. In any case, I preordered it about 5 minutes before Amazon took the preorder down, and I consider it worth every dime.

I bought GTAV for $15 off due to the talk on this board and, honestly, didn't like it much. I thought the SeanBaby takedown of it on Cracked.com earlier this week was spot-on. I just have to accept that I don't really like this series, even though I go nuts for Saints Row. So close, yet so far.

Oh, good. I'm not the only one. I love open world games, but I just cannot get into GTA games. (Although I don't like Saint's either.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Dec 4, 2013, 16:36 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 16:21:
bigCstyle wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 16:14:
Well... after all the trolling, incompetence, anti-consumer, anti-community, borderline illegal (or more) practices from the gaming industry in general over the years... I no longer pay more than 10 dollars for a game anymore anyway. Its a lot easier to take all this (outright) abuse when I stopped paying more than 10 dollars for a game.

Yup, that's exactly how to do it. I'm absolutely done with pre-ordering, and unless it's something I'm absolutely dying to play, I'm not buying shit day one anymore either. Too many devs think they can release plain unfinished shit for me to feel like I owe them full price anymore.

I'll buy their games on sale or not at all.

I usually wait unless it's something I really want to play. Infinite is a fantastic game for $9.99. Not sure I would be as enthused had I paid $60. (Well, OK, I get mine wholesale for the most part, but still...)

Battlefield? Glitches and all I would still buy the next one day one. Of course, it's pretty much the only multiplayer I play for 2 years.

It all depends on opinion, of course. I ordered the super expensive Reckoning CE. Not sorry at all. Loved the game, loved the cool statue. Most people look at me like I am crazy when I recommend that game.

Everyone seems to love GTA V, I wasn't so hot on it.

What was the topic?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Off topic Dec 4, 2013, 15:39 Agent.X7

Re: Paul Walker

Seems like the show might not go on.

http://tinyurl.com/l44sm7u

Producers are considering all options at this point, including scrapping the whole thing and starting over. I hope they don't do that and waste his last work on Earth.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
26. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 4, 2013, 14:10 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 23:23:
PHJF wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 08:08:
Don't be idiots. They didn't just create a website and walk away. They ran the website. They were obligated to at least attempt to see their website wasn't being used for illegal activity. If you own a home and knowingly allow it to be used as a drug den you're criminally at fault.

And there is already legal precedence for this. It's called Napster.

Really? And how do you police 5+ million users? If you have an answer industry is all ears on how to do it affordably. And again, it's weak argument. Why are they responsible but not gun makers? Why? There's zero difference between the two. You can use either the service or product legally or illegally. So why is only one responsible and not the other? So don't be so quick to call other people idiots. Put up or shut up.

Oh boy. Listen, let's take an example of a hammer.

You make hammers. You even sell them on Hammers.com. Someone uses one of your hammers to kill his ex-wife. Are you liable? Fuck no. You didn't sell that hammer so someone could murder someone with it.

Let's say, however, that you also own hammer house. You let people rent hammers and use them in the house. Someone murders their ex-wife while you watch. You don't call the police, you don't intervene, you do nothing but watch. Are you liable? Oh my God, you will be sued into the fucking ground and arrested on criminal charges.

Do you see the difference?

If you own a house, rent it out, and someone makes meth there? Assuming you had no idea, you aren't liable.

If you KNEW about it? Then you are liable.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Dec 4, 2013, 13:59 Agent.X7

KS wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:47:
Verno wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 10:18:
Optional Nickname! wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 09:50:
Valve, a profit driven crypto-fascist syndicate

Errr ooooooook

Fascism is strong government control with nominal private ownership and a strong nationalist streak.

Not sure how that applies to Valve, crypto or otherwise.

Me squash smart sounding words together, make seem much smart! Ook!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Dec 4, 2013, 13:58 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:46:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:25:
Beamer wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:19:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:15:
Here's the issue from the seller's point of view:

What's to say that you didn't buy the game, beat it, and now you just want to return it for a full refund so that you basically rented it at my expense? And brick and mortar stores (like me) get the added benefit of it now being used and we can no longer sell it at the new price, thus losing money.

I get people in my store every single day with some lame ass excuse for why they need to return things. Some people may even be telling the truth, but how am I supposed to tell? Thus the rule gets applied equally to everyone.

As far as the game not working? That should be on the manufacturer, just like any new item that gets sold.

There are ways to tell if that's happening, as I mentioned below:
1) Steam tracks how long you play a game. So, give people an hour limit
2) There may be ways around that, so also give it a real-time from purchase limit. 3 days. No one should beat any game in 3 days
3) And monitor returns. Some people will play a game 72 straight hours and try to return it. If you see people returning an inordinate amount of games, flag them as abusing the system and penalize them somehow

Steam can handle this much better than GameStop can, because it has far more data.

#1 - sure, good for Steam.
#2 - Horseshit. So many games have single player campaigns that are only hours long. Hell, I'd have beaten Bioshock: Infinite already if it wasn't for my new monitor dying (Can't go back to playing on the old one, new one spoiled me.) and I'm on like 11 hours played or something.
#3 - And Steam is supposed to just suck up the loss from their first 4 or 5 bullshit returns?

1) We're discussing Steam, not shitholes like GameStop
2) The 3 days is only to try to stop people scamming. It isn't the greater of 3 days or an hour, it's the lesser of. But I doubt most people are finishing any game within 3 days. There are outliers, and you may be one of them, but that's not a common thing
3) Yes. Yes they are. It's good customer service. Do you know what happens to companies with good customer service? Their growth increases. Do you know what happens to companies with bad customer service? They die out. Offering things your customers want, that makes them happy, will lead to more revenues. That increase in revenue is almost certain to outpace the fraud. Or, you can let a few morons completely ruin the experience for everyone else because you're too shortsighted to look at the big picture of increased growth and only look at the easier-to-measure losses from a few morons

You aren't exposed to any children, are you? MANY of them will play for hours straight until they beat a game. My wife is a teacher. She hears stories all the time from her kids about how they play. I hear stories from parents and kids. Sure, older people probably do not play as much. I can still beat most games in a few hours spread over a few nights, though. (Beyond: Two Souls took me less than a week.)

Good customer service does not entail letting people fuck you over. Many customers happen to think that, but it's not true. People who keep returning games aren't customers, they're scammers. People love to tell me all the time that I am going to go out of business because I am not doing what they want. The truth is that you CAN'T please everyone, and it's folly to try.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Dec 4, 2013, 13:48 Agent.X7

SirKnight wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:43:
netnerd85 wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 11:54:
the few seconds I bothered with.

*facepalm*

Some people have better things to do with their lives. I didn't find any of it very funny, and I watched a few segments. Why waste 15 minutes of your life hoping for some funny?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 4, 2013, 13:38 Agent.X7

Ooof. I just returned a Dell u2913wm because it won't power on unless I unplug all the cords first. Decided to go for it and replaced it with the 3014 monitor. (30") It was on sale for $1099, but I missed that and paid $1299. Expensive, but after using the 2556x1080 monitor I found I loved the wider resolution. (Used to have a 27" 1920x1200) I figured, WTF, go for the wider AND taller res. 30" is 2556x1600.

I saw the 32 inch when I was looking, but DAMN. Cost almost as much as my brand new desktop monster machine. I'm willing to make payments on my Dell account for a year to pay off $1200. Not so much over 3grand. Looks awesome, but...yeah.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Dec 4, 2013, 13:25 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:19:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:15:

What's to say that you didn't buy the game, beat it, and now you just want to return it for a full refund so that you basically rented it at my expense? And brick and mortar stores (like me) get the added benefit of it now being used and we can no longer sell it at the new price, thus losing money.

I get people in my store every single day with some lame ass excuse for why they need to return things. Some people may even be telling the truth, but how am I supposed to tell? Thus the rule gets applied equally to everyone.

As far as the game not working? That should be on the manufacturer, just like any new item that gets sold.

There are ways to tell if that's happening, as I mentioned below:
1) Steam tracks how long you play a game. So, give people an hour limit
2) There may be ways around that, so also give it a real-time from purchase limit. 3 days. No one should beat any game in 3 days
3) And monitor returns. Some people will play a game 72 straight hours and try to return it. If you see people returning an inordinate amount of games, flag them as abusing the system and penalize them somehow

Steam can handle this much better than GameStop can, because it has far more data.

#1 - sure, good for Steam.
#2 - Horseshit. So many games have single player campaigns that are only hours long. Hell, I'd have beaten Bioshock: Infinite already if it wasn't for my new monitor dying (Can't go back to playing on the old one, new one spoiled me.) and I'm on like 11 hours played or something.
#3 - And Steam is supposed to just suck up the loss from their first 4 or 5 bullshit returns?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > More Battlefield 4 Issues
14. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 13:20 Agent.X7

I play this on my laptop at the store and my desktop at home, and my only issues seem to be the one shot kills. Very few crashes since launch, servers I play on are stable. Haven't heard much complaining on the servers about crashes or bad connections. Just the usual THIS GAME SUCKS!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE! From people that get killed.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Dec 4, 2013, 13:15 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Old Republic Galactic Starfighter Expansion
2. Re: The Old Republic Galactic Starfighter Expansion Dec 3, 2013, 19:52 Agent.X7

I sense a great disturbance in the...no, wait, that was just lunch. Bit of indigestion. Nothing to see here. Move along.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

30. Re: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - $29.99 Dec 3, 2013, 16:18 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 16:09:
MajorD wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 15:55:
For those of you holding out for a decent sale on Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, Amazon has it on sale for $29.99 (PC, XBox 360, and PS3) for the next 9 hours and 50 minutes.

Yeah, I just grabbed it. Figure it won't be any cheaper for the Xmas sale - famous last words, lol. I also just cashed in my AMD Never Settle Cupon for my 7950. Not a whole lot of choices, but I grabbed Saints Row 4, Sniper Elite 2, Hitman Derpsolution - which I'm gifting to Bats for Play it Forward because he's the only one on who wants it on Steam heh. And lastly I get the new Thief in Feb. Let's see if they can manage to avoid it being a total clusterfuck, but I'm not hopeful.

So all that with Bats AO, Don't Starve, etc. is going to keep me situated pretty well for a while. And is anyone else really into Don't Starve? I find it very addictive.

TOO MANY GAMES!

Steam just did Bioshock: Infinite for $10, which is the price I was waiting for it to hit. And it turned out to be awesome, so I wouldn't have minded paying more. Oh well. Played that non-stop this weekend, but now I have to wait for my monitor replacement from Dell, so it's back to PS4 and Assassin's Creed, oh, shit. Rocksmith 2014 for PS3 just showed up. Oh, and Killzone, still have to remember....oh, fuck. BF4 China Rising is out. And GW2 new stuff, and...arg!

No wonder I fail to finish most of my games.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

29. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2013, 16:13 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 15:49:
Hey, Tomb Raider still on sale for $10. Anyone play on PC? How is it? I looks linear with a lot of QTEs.

Played on PS3. One of my favorite games of the year. It's a lot like Uncharted this time around. 3rd person, climbing, jumping, puzzle solving, shooting. Game advancement is linear, but you can travel back to parts of the island you have been to for supplies and to finish missed stuff. Maps are a bit more open then Uncharted on some levels.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

28. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2013, 16:10 Agent.X7

Ahumado wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 14:05:
Time to man up Blue. Your persistent crying is old and feminine. If you didn't want more attention for yourself you would have just wrote it and kept it to yourself. Let everyone move on. I have loved all my dogs as much as you loved Hudson but I didn't milk it for attention when they died

How many times are you going to insult the guy that runs the site? Try to be a little less douche.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
28. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 3, 2013, 14:26 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 13:47:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 12:26:
JSP wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 12:02:
Don't worry folks, Xbone will eventually clean up its interface like it did on the previous generation
Funny you've mentioned this, as I thought on the last gen the dashboard was gradually got worst each time they've updated it.
It got more and more jam packed with advertisements and games/friends/ demos and Arcade games got pushed further and further behind all the advertisements that was splattered across the dashboard.

It did get worse and worse. Ads ads ads, and slower. I can't tell if he's trolling or genuinely delusional.

Hey, I just had a customer tell me that the One looks better than the PS4 because the resolution is LOWER. What? Just...what?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
18. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 2, 2013, 18:07 Agent.X7

Flying can be automated if you don't care about the drone or the cargo. Otherwise it's not there technology wise. Yes, they can avoid things and fly to waypoints set by GPS. No, they can't compensate for weather, wind, or other unexpected things.

The military is the reason for the big push towards autonomy, and even their drones can't do what you are describing by themselves. You misunderstand my reason for bringing military drones into the conversation. They are not only the attack drones like the Predator. They have UAVs for all sorts of missions. NONE of them can do what you are describing, and they are the most advanced UAVs in the world.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 2, 2013, 16:22 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 15:40:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 15:28:
avianflu wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 14:09:
total PR spin but I am impressed that Amazon has the balls to spin something so ridiculous.

Yeah, the cost to do this would be ridiculous, even for deliveries within a 30 mile radius of the shipping hubs. Do they have any idea how many people crew one drone in the military? Pilot, Flight Chief, 3 man ground crew (although I guess they won't need the armament spec, so that's one less.) They'd need to top off fuel after every flight, maintenance, drone replacement when farmer Brown blows one away, etc.

I have to agree, as cool as this would be, it's a total PR stunt.

Military drones are miniature fighter jets.
These are automated RC helicopters.

While I agree it has zero chance of being real, your analogy doesn't exactly work because it's a very, very different product with a very, very different use.

The use doesn't matter so much as the concept is the same. You need to have someone flying it, you need to have a ground crew loading the cargo and refueling it/maintaining it. You need to have a guy in charge of the people flying them. Having them be automated is a nice dream right now, but the tech isn't there.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2316 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo