Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2316 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
216. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 10, 2013, 14:01 Agent.X7

True, anyone could, but there is a HUGE difference between extemporaneous acts and premeditated ones.

They don't stop either one. It's not like the Boston bombers didn't plan it out ahead of time. McVeigh? Kaczynski? Bin Laden?

They just use tragedy as an excuse to push their agendas, much like politicians.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

214. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 10, 2013, 13:56 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 13:10:
No, they can't prevent EVERY single threat/attempt, but do you realize how many threats they have thwarted that we don't even know about, which enables us to sleep at night?

Well don't keep us in suspense, exactly how many threats have they prevented by spying on WoW raiders and Second Life introverts?

The argument that people should be ok with ~whatever~ as long as it might prevent a terrorist attack is really silly. Authorities could use the whole "FOR UR PROTECTION" as justification for anything, that's why there should always be pushback when these bodies exceed their mandate or this sort of stuff is done in secret without the general publics knowledge.

That's exactly it. DO I know how many attacks they have prevented? No. And neither do they. Neither does the Intelligence Oversight Committee. That's the real issue. This is not only done without permission, but even the Congressional committee in charge of all the spies in the US is in the dark. No warrants, no permission, no oversight. The spies are doing whatever they damn well please. Time to reign this shit in and stop it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2013, 13:50 Agent.X7

Quboid wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 12:17:
1badmf wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 12:07:
man jupiter ascending looks tight as hell. i just hope tatum doesn't ruin it by bro-ing out too much, but it looks like he did a good job. and the effects - wow. good hardcore scifi has always turned me into a sighing goo of fangirl adoration, and man someone needs to mop me up after that.

Casting Sean Bean feels like a spoiler. I notice he's only in the first half of the trailer.

He's one of those actors that I am convinced has a clause in his contract stating his character must die in every film. Leonardo DiCaprio is another. Maybe the big twisat ending is that Sean Bean lives?

And people pick on Tatum because he has done some really bad acting in the past. He has a bad rep because of it, and it's going to take a lot to get rid of it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

29. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2013, 13:44 Agent.X7

Task wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 10:28:
Man, what a way to go, in a shopping mall?

I would have just ducked out and left the 'girlfriend' there.

I know, right? Why the fuck would you end your own life because she wants to stay at the mall? You have feet, use them to walk your dumb ass right out of the mall and her life. But nooooooo, moron decides to fling himself to his death.

Thanks for removing yourself from the gene pool, genius.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

15. Re: Link Dec 10, 2013, 02:07 Agent.X7

Heh, PETA - Psychotic Eco-Terrorist Assholes

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

197. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 10, 2013, 02:04 Agent.X7

BitWraith wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 23:00:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 20:56:
Hellbinder wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 17:00:
oh thank you NSA and Government for protecting me from all those evil rag head terrorists hiding under every bush and keyboard. where would I ever be without you blowing the living shit out of half the middle east and faking one terrorist plot after the next in order to make sure I understand how awesome you are and how screwed I would be without you.

They're sure not under every bush and keyboard, but they're around. Just not very much *around* here, unless of course you live somewhere like Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Boston, NYC, London, Madrid and so on. And having seen and experienced that lovely "religion of peace" in the Philippines, when my ex just managed to miss the Rizal Day bombings, and I got to see the "glorious power of jihadi power" you'll have to forgive my opinions.

Oh and I shouldn't forget the favorite thing of the various muslim terrorist groups in the region, of taking grenades and throwing them into places like churches, and places that sell booze.

Quit watching Fox News. There are 3 billion Muslims in the world. The US population is only 300 million something - trust me, if the Muslims as a whole really wanted the US citizenry wiped off the face of the planet, they would.

My brother has spent quite a bit of time overseas in the military (war and otherwise stationed). He said 9.9 out of 10 people over there could give two fucks about us. All they worry about is how they will buy shit for all their wives (which, apparently, if one wife gets a Beamer, they all have to get a Beamer, seriously).

So, this idea from a bunch of white people that there are all these brown people overseas just frothing at the mouth to kill all whites is just more typical racist fear mongering BS.

Most of them are just folk - trying to make it in this world just like you.

Uh, try 1.6 billion, or close to 25% of the world population.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

195. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 10, 2013, 02:00 Agent.X7

MajorD wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 22:42:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 21:34:
On the other hand, my fucking freedom and privacy certainly are.

The government is stepping all over our guaranteed rights to "provide" things that we cannot actually have.

How much is too much? Any spying on American citizens is too fucking much.

And that's where the double edge sword comes in to play. So, what do you propose as an alternative to track and thwart terrorists, as any 'American Citizen' can easily be a sleeper cell?

There is no alternative. Jesus Christ, I could wake up tomorrow, decide I hate everyone and go shoot the fuck out of a crowded mall during the holiday rush. How the fuck could anyone foresee or prevent that? They CAN'T. That's the key.

YOU CANNOT PREVENT SHIT FROM HAPPENING. Period. End of story. All their fucking spying and Newtown, Aurora, Boston, Benghazi - none of it has been stopped. But hey, if we hadn't let the CIA loose we would have prevented 9/11 (Osama, trained by the CIA), Iraq (Husein, helped to power by the CIA to oppose the Iranians), Cuban Missile Crisis (Castro, again helped to power by the CIA), and many other tragedies. Not to mention we wouldn't be the most hated country on the planet.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

185. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 21:34 Agent.X7

MajorD wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 20:40:
Conspiracy theories are fun and easy to get caught up in, but keep things in perspective here. Now, I don’t put anything past ‘anyone’, or our Government for that matter, but all you 911 Conspiracy Theorists really think something of this magnitude could REALLY be contained, especially with how tenacious reporters/agencies are? Do you REALLY think if Popular Mechanics could have verified any thread of evidence the WTC collapsed from anything other than jet fuel/fire/heat, they would have reported otherwise?

Yeah, and Elvis and Jim Morrison aren't dead either; they're roommates in an apartment in Helsinki!

In regards to NSA’s ‘Game Spying’, why wouldn’t they? It’s another covert means for terrorists to communicate! So should the NSA NOT be able to conduct surveillance on any/all avenues of communication? The US Government does so much, beyond our imaginations, to keep the country and its citizens safe through wiretapping, communications monitoring, etc, but it is so easy for people to cry, “No more, it’s an invasion of our privacy”, but then they those same people can roll over and easily sleep at night. Unbelievable!

For me it is a fine line, because how much surveillance is too much, but how much is too little? Part of me says, “I don’t give a flying F#@K if they listen in on my conversations, as I don’t have anything to hide”, but the other part of me wonders, “Who is it that is listening to my communications and what are they doing with it; where are the checks and balances?” You can’t have your cake it eat it too, so I’ll just sleep soundly at night with mine next to me.

My safety and security is not guaranteed by either nature or the Constitution.

On the other hand, my fucking freedom and privacy certainly are.

The government is stepping all over our guaranteed rights to "provide" things that we cannot actually have.

How much is too much? Any spying on American citizens is too fucking much.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV Blackbeard's Wrath DLC Tomorrow
2. Re: Assassin's Creed IV Blackbeard's Wrath DLC Tomorrow Dec 9, 2013, 21:07 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 19:58:
That's why I never buy these passes. It's virtually all MP stuff I have zero interest in.

Same. I don't even really go for the single player DLC unless it's really good. (And even then I wait until the GotY edition goes way down in price...)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

152. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 17:32 Agent.X7

WaltC wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 17:28:
What I find most incredible--literally unbelievable, about all of this--is how otherwise intelligent people allow Snowden to continuously and consistently convince them that he alone of all the "peoples of the earth" knows and understands every single thing the NSA does! He's making absolute *fools* out of the news media--"news media"? They don't deserve the title here in the US. They are a bunch of bumpkins and buffoons and every day they prove it by believing every single fantastic, idiotic, stupid-beyond-belief word out of Snowden's mouth, out of every two-bit politician's mouth in Washington, D.C., etc. The more fantastic, incredible, idiotic, and contentious, not to mention foolish the allegation is--you can count on the US News Media to use it as click bait. Morons.

The US press has become a laughing stock over Snowden. While every other civilized Western country is in private chuckling and holding its *nose* whenever the word "Snowden" comes up, morons in this country rush to print the next moronic headline! I'll bet Snowden is *reeling* at the stupidity his little ruse has revealed about the American public and their politicians and their press organizations. Everywhere else around the globe, mention the word "Snowden" and it invokes a belly laugh because the crap he alleges is so far-fetched--no, ridiculous is a much better description of it--that only a moron might ever believe it! Hell, I don't really blame the guy--he can't come home, so he might as well continue to make fools of them for as long as he can. The only thing more pathetic than Snowden himself is the American reaction to the utter garbage the guy continuously spews--he's dumbfounded, I'm sure, that anyone at all believes it.

The lunacy of the whole notion of "spying on Americans playing on-line video games" is so ridiculous that it defies belief! No intelligence agency on Earth would waste its limited time and resources doing things as idiotic as that. Suddenly I feel as though I live in a nation of inbred imbeciles who, like Jethro Bodine, are proud of having "gradeeeated the sixth grade!" Heh...;) It's really quite funny. (I think sixth graders might actually be able to see through all of this nonsense much better, actually. They've yet to learn the fear of their own shadows.)

You work for the NSA, don't you? It's the only way I can figure that you would type something so ignorant. One has to only search for spy program stuff to learn about the completely ridiculous shit they have tried over the years. This is by no means any stretch of the imagination.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
4. Re: Sunday Consolidation Dec 8, 2013, 21:22 Agent.X7

Steele Johnson wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 19:51:
There are lot of shitty multiplayer games out there. Gamers have been asking for more co op games for years, and still, designers and devs just don't know what to do. It surprises me considering that almost everyone has a broadband connection and is always online, not to mention that pcs and now newer consoles have more than enough memory. Come on devs, make more multiplayer and co op games. Screw single player, there are enough of them already!

Not almost everyone has broadband. That's a common misconception.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

17. Re: RE: Follow up Dec 7, 2013, 23:04 Agent.X7

Prez wrote on Dec 7, 2013, 19:49:
Seems the date doe not really "live in infamy" as FDR predicted

For most people that's true. For some of us, though, it remains pretty infamous.

My grandfather was there. I always remember.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

51. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2013, 01:58 Agent.X7

maleitch wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 11:50:
Typical enviro fascist response. You fools in the enviro douche community have killed hundreds of thousands from your freak stances on DDT, to vaccinations and now global warming. You have obiliterated incomes for bogus "green technologies" which have resolved nothing and are nothing but naive man-child dreams from nerds like yourself who contribute nothing.

Anytime you want to attempt to "disallow" my right to breath air just let me know. Would love for you to try.

What is it with the string of want-to-be intellectuals spouting gobbledegook here recently? Enviro-facists today, crypto-facists yesterday.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Walking Dead Season 2 Nears
2. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Nears Dec 6, 2013, 14:37 Agent.X7

I am going to just go ahead and get it. I looked forward to every episode last time.

I'm waiting for the end of Wolf, just because I have so much other shit I am playing right now.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > More Survivor 2299 Teasing
17. Re: More Survivor 2299 Teasing Dec 6, 2013, 14:32 Agent.X7

Silicon Avatar wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 14:17:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 13:43:
They make a great world to adventure through, amazing editors and have overall very good story plots. But I can't think of any AAA RPG game developer with worst writers, in story, dialog and NPCs.

Whether it's being forced to listen to Linda Carter saying "I'm am forced to carry your burdens" or Fallout 3's infantile dialog. "Have you seen a middle aged guy, I'm looking for my father."

I'm playing through SWKOTOR2 right now and some of the characters are just one info-dump after another. I "got" what was going on after the first two lines but I'm having to click through a wall of text so I can get to go DO something (doing something being the point of a game).

I'm actually starting to lean more towards liking NPCs that have simple dialogue. If I want to read a lot of back story or detailed explanation I'd much rather read it in an in-game journal or book.

This goes doubly if I have to listen to a voice actor read from a script.

Right there with you.

My wife gets a laugh from me playing games when the characters just start blabbing forever.

"OK, got it. What do I need to do?"
"No, really, you can stop filling me in. Just tell me what you need me to do."
"Please stop. I don't care."
"JESUS! Shut the fuck up already!"

I do remember some of the more chatty folk in Fallout 3 getting beat to death a few times. I wish all games would let you do that.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2013, 19:58 Agent.X7

Julio wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 18:48:
dj LiTh wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 18:26:
RIP Nelson Mandela

South Africa is still a mess.

You're right. We're all fucked. Why bother trying to make it better, am I right?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 5, 2013, 17:06 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 19:47:
On the one hand, I agree that it's a bit ridiculous the guy gets arrested over what amounts to an absolutely negligible amount of power, and it's even more ludicrous that he spends 15 hours in jail.

On the flipside, that's not his power, and he could have at least ASKED the university if he could charge there. Last I checked, theft was theft.

But it really is his power. His kid goes to school there, so he's in the school tax district paying taxes. His taxes also pay for the assholes that arrested him for what amounts to nothing. What a country we live in! I bet the NSA saw the whole thing happen too.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Dec 5, 2013, 16:59 Agent.X7

PHJF wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 16:49:
Tony Stark's dad in Iron Man was that guy from Mad Men. It was that other guy in Captain America.

Yup, you're right. I forgot Cooper wasn't the dad in the actual Iron Man movies.

Haha, just looked it up. 2 different guys for Howard Stark in the iron man movies. 1st one was someone else, then 2nd one was the guy from mad men, then Dominic Cooper in the Cap. movies. Guess it wasn't so noticeable that they keep changing him.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2013, 15:18 Agent.X7

RE: Amazon Drones

http://tinyurl.com/maxx5zt

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
47. Re: Op Ed Dec 5, 2013, 15:15 Agent.X7

Redmask wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 07:21:
Done with preordering? Everyone says that until the next big game starts up the hype train. I'll put money down that several of you preorder Dragon Age 2, Titanfall and many other things next year. There's nothing wrong with preordering a title, it's your disposable income so whatever the hell you want with it. Just try to reign in your impulse spending a bit for the companies who consistently screw you.

Dragon Age 2? HELL NO. Bioware can't seem to make a decent game after they did DA:O. Wouldn't pre-order unless I get to make out with Claudia Black.

Titanfall? Maybe. Although I will probably not and just get it when it comes out.

inFamous Second Son? Already did.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2316 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo