Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2179 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2013, 22:49 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 20:15:
MajorD wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 19:52:
@Redmask: Yeah, I've seen all sorts of contradicting information on the monthly fees, but best to go with the 'Official Word' you posted.

@nin: $3.33/month is a bit more reasonable, but still no console for me....nope, nope not going to do it!

@Agent.X7: . Go without cigs or beer for a day to save big time on PS+. I don't smoke, so not a big deal, but no beer for a day.....that's pushing it.

I don't blame you. Nobody wants to pay for multi. After a few years of paying for Live, I dropped it, and didn't miss it much at all.

If there weren't monthly games added for Plus customers, I'd be a lot less likely to bite. But so far, it seems like a great deal. Hopefully that continues.

edit: They've actually been extremely crafty, in that they keep handing out Vita games, which you can claim, even if you don't own a Vita. So that, at some point, you have this nice stack of games for it, and it starts to look a lot more attractive to folks like me, that normally wouldn't buy a portable.

The only reason I bought a Vita was for Uncharted: Golden Abyss. The only reason I still have it is because 99% of PS4 games are going to be remotely playable on it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
31. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 18:49 Agent.X7

He gets his philosophy from a dude who grew up in South Jamaica and went to college in Harlem. People feel the inherent need to steal.

That tells you nothing about people as a whole, but very much about the background of the person who said it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Ghosts
39. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Ghosts Nov 5, 2013, 18:41 Agent.X7

Yes! Just had a guy curse me out because I won't return his open software. Then he asked about trading it in and got more pissed.

People, it's entertainment software, not an investment. The minute you open it it's worth less than what you just paid. He wanted $50 cash. Haha, dude. That's what I pay for them brand new from the distributor. Why would I buy a used game from you for what I pay for a new one? I sell them used for $49.99 until the price drops in a few weeks. Derp.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE! *Click*

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

26. Re: Sony to charge monthly fee for multiplayer games on PS4 Nov 5, 2013, 18:37 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 18:32:
MajorD wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 18:18:
More reasons why I've stuck to gaming on a PC; charging a monthly fee to play a MP game I've already paid for just doesn't jive with me. XBone, PS4, they're all still consoles.

Sony to charge monthly fee for multiplayer games on PS4 $9.00/Month? OUCH!

Until someone else provides more info, I'm calling bullshit on that...Plus works out to about $3.33 a month (catch it on sale for $40 a year), and has given me games like DX:HR, XCOM, Hotline Miami, Dragon's Dogma, Uncharted 3, Saint's Row 3, and more. And that's in the last 6 months.

edit: Sony update here

When PS4 launches on November 15, PlayStation Plus will continue to be offered at US $49.99 for a year membership. For less than $5 a month, PS Plus members will have access all the benefits across PS4, PS3 and PS Vita. At E3 earlier this year, we introduced a new PS Plus membership option for 30 days in North America and Europe ($9.99 /6.99), available now in the PlayStation Store.

So all it is is the addition of a month by month option.

I was just going to respond to say it is $9.99 if you pay monthly, but you beat me to it.

Also, anybody paying $9.99 a month is a tool. Scrape together another frickin' 7 bucks and get the 3 month for $17.99. Go without cigs or beer for a day to save big time on PS+.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2013, 17:58 Agent.X7

Asmo wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 17:13:
Fuck football, SCOTCH!!! (sry, I'm Australian, in the race between booze and sport, booze wins

Srsly, if you buy one good bottle a year, throw money at Glenmorangie... =D

And if you must drink it cold, get scotch rocks (http://www.stonechilled.com/) ffs, a single malt that good should not be raped by ice cubes...

I don't know, for us laymen many expensive liquors taste so alike that spending money on a more expensive brand is futile. I worked at a bar for over a year, and I could not justify spending the type of money some of these distillers want for their product.

Had a friend whose rich aunt and uncle gave her a $200 bottle of wine for her college graduation. Her, her brother, brother's girlfriend, and I popped that bottle open, let it breath a bit, and then toasted. We all promptly spit it back out and ended up mixing this ridiculously priced wine with fruit juice to make it palatable.

Wine is like liquor, to me. I've done many wine tours, I've tasted many liquors. Some added expense usually nets you a better product, but it seems like once you go above a certain threshold you're just paying for the prestige and the taste doesn't get any better.

Case in point - My favorite tequila is Cabo. Just excellent, smooth, agave liquor. At around $40 - $50 a bottle, it seems to be the sweet spot for tequila. I've tried $100 a bottle Angel Bendito and thought it didn't taste as good.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 5, 2013, 17:28 Agent.X7

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 16:54:
robdot wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 14:09:
Why can't MS use the cloud magic to make it run at 1080 p?

Lazy developers.

As for the over-heating charge. It sounds like they were correct. It does over-heat if you put it in an airtight box. It's the details.

All the morons I had to deal with when I was working IT who fried PCs by putting them in enclosed spaces? Yeah, those guys apparently own consoles too.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

34. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Ghosts Nov 5, 2013, 16:06 Agent.X7

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 15:33:
Kosumo wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 14:53:
Why should SpectralMeat be able to get his money back? He brought it the day it was released, He's gotta learn to wait or else this will just happen again and again.

Re: The Dog

I've heard it dies on the mission "Shit hits the Fan" when the hovercraft stops so he can have a shit only to do so on a land mine and be blown up (along with his shit, which then hits the fan) Mad

That sounds preposterous on so many levels. The least of which being that a dog turd weighs far too little to set off a land mine...

I dunno man, have you seen a Great Dane poop?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Nov 5, 2013, 14:33 Agent.X7

Dark Horizons posts a story about how they have reached out to Vin Diesel and everyone picks it up and says he is in talks.

I'm not sure how eager he is to pick up anymore projects. He is perpetually working on Hannibal and Fast and Furious, he is planning a new Riddick, doing voice work for some movies, etc. I know he has said that he has to turn down some roles already because he is so busy, so I'm not sure he would jump at the chance to play a video game character that was never all that popular.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 5, 2013, 14:27 Agent.X7

Let's hope that these statements prove to be true and that we don't see a repeat of the PS3's YLOD.

Yes, let's hope that the very rare YLOD doesn't happen again. You know, unlike the extremely common RROD from Xbox 360.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

22. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 14:23 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 14:09:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 14:01:
Unfortunately, those days are over for the big games. EA isn't the only company to release shooters with tons of DLC. 2K, Activision, Bethesda, they all do the DLC thing. They figured they can't up the base price so they will chop parts off and sell them separately to increase the baseline.

Bethesda overall releases incredible DLC, though. I dare anyone to not find enough value in Dragonborn, for example. Yes, yes, horse armor, lolz, that was like 7 years ago. Their DLC stuff now is excellent, they're not going to release a rehashed map pack for 15 fucking dollars.

For their own games, sure. For games they only publish? They still release horseshit with the gold. The crap time trial DLC for Dishonored? I loved Dishonored, but I haven't spent a dime on DLC because the first one was bullshit.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 14:18 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 14:07:
Unfortunately, those days are over for the big games. EA isn't the only company to release shooters with tons of DLC. 2K, Activision, Bethesda, they all do the DLC thing. They figured they can't up the base price so they will chop parts off and sell them separately to increase the baseline.

The frustrating thing is that other companies like Valve have shown you can provide value while still being very profitable. EA just isn't built that way though and lacks long term vision, they're too focused on the quarter to quarter financials.

Heh, welcome to business 101. Every single one of us learns to focus on the long term profit in school, and then as soon as we graduate there's a 99% chance you will work for a company focused entirely on the short term.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

18. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 14:01 Agent.X7

Moog wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 13:40:
One thing they could do is to stop grinding out pay-for DLC map packs which just end up splitting the player base - in the case of BF3 you could end up with 5 sets of players, from vanilla through four DLCs!

Remember the old days, a single price for Doom/Quake etc and all the maps were created by users or handed out for free by the developers.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Ghosts Nov 5, 2013, 13:49 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 10:05:
Let's just cut to the chase here: Does COD Dog die?

Yes, you get stuck in the wilderness and are starving so you eat him. No, wait, that was a news article.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Trailer
24. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Trailer Nov 4, 2013, 03:10 Agent.X7

Funny commercial, but it reminds me of a lot of the people I shoot with. Always going on about how when the shit hits the fan, they are going to be the survivors because blah blah blah.

Man, half those guys are hugely overweight, and 75% of them are so out of shape they are going to be among the first to die even with all their supplies and guns. You can dress up like GI Joe all you like, but if you aren't in shape then all you are is a slow moving target.

Oh yeah, obligatory COD hate! RAWR!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2013, 15:27 Agent.X7

JaguarUSF wrote on Nov 3, 2013, 12:51:
Actually, the moon's gravitation pull is slowing the Earth down already. Your scenario of a 25 hour-long day will occur in 146 million years (and, because of the longer day, we will only have 350 days per year). Set your calendars!

I would love to live for very long time, but perhaps not that long.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
40. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 3, 2013, 15:13 Agent.X7

Sepharo wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 23:01:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 22:36:
Sepharo wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 19:28:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 19:02:
Taskeen wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 15:56:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 15:42:

Haha, name me a South American country that respects human rights. And Russia isn't exactly a paragon of freedom and human rights.

Snowden's problem is that he isn;t a traitor, but 90% of the people who swear to uphold our Constitution ARE traitors, and they are ready to squash him like a bug to protect their power.

Example of Double Standards in International LAW

United States - Holds Asylum of a known CIA paid terrorist bomber Luis Pasada Carriles. Pasada was recruited by the CIA and BOMBED a cuban airliner, killing 76 innocent people in 1976.

Venezuela - Demands that the U.S. extradite Pasada for trial, but the U.S. refuses.

Venezuela said if Snowden were to reside in their country, they would only hand him over on the grounds that the U.S. hands over a known protected terrorists like Pasada that actually committed a real crime.

Look up history, the CIA and the U.S. government for YEARS subverted South American countries, going as far as installing dictators that went on killing rampages of their citizens. So I'd say the South American countries, at their core now, are highly resilient to illegal espionage by the U.S.

So that should give you a clue why South American countries, in the past, had governments that abused Human Rights.

Do you follow the international news much? All the governments in South America still have human rights abuse going on.

Brazil, while claiming to eradicate wage-slaves, has freed less than 2000 of the millions of them working on sugar plantations. Why? Because POLITICIANS. Police frequently torture people, and nothing is really done about it.

Venezuela? Yeah, a living paradise on earth. Chavez never once violated the human rights guarantees that HIS OWN FUCKING CONSTITUTION GURANTEED THE VENEZUELAN PEOPLE. Oh, wait. Yes he did, every damn day of his rule. Don't forget the awesomeness that is Caracas, a city where you are three times more likely to be murdered than in Cartel run Juarez Mexico. Number 6 in the world for muder rate baby, yeah!

Well that's two down, just 12 more to go until your generalization is correct.

How about instead of your useless sarcasm you give us an example of a wonderful human rights beacon in South America.

I'm not the one making generalizations about an entire continent.

Besides, it depends on your definition of "respects human rights" and the time period. I could probably point to examples in the histories of any country on the globe where they didn't "respect human rights".

But I guess I'll play your game... What about Uruguay since 1984 (30 years)?

No game. No need to be petty. I cannot stand up and proclaim the US is great at human rights. We clearly violate them when it suits us. Most countries do because politics and greed trump human rights every time.

Uruguay, in case you don't know, is big on child labor. We're not talking 10 or 15, we're talking 4 or 6 year olds working in mines with mercury, dynamite, etc. They are making "advancements" slowly, but at the rate they are moving this will continue basically forever. Most kids attend school AND work, but Uruguay plays games with the numbers and says "See? 90% of our children are in school!" Officially you need to be 13 to be employed there, but unofficially they don;t really give a shit.

And you don't need to believe me. You can think I have some agenda or another, whatever. But this information is publicly available and easily obtained from the Internet. News sources, human rights organizations, shit, even government releases.

My point is, it IS a broad generalization. Unfortunately, that generalization happens to be true, whether or not you or I like it.

Besides, it depends on your definition of "respects human rights" and the time period. I could probably point to examples in the histories of any country on the globe where they didn't "respect human rights".

Unfortunately, this is not some random period in history. It is right now and during the last decade.

PS - For those of you looking to "school me" because you think I am ignorant - I was a 4.0 college student all 3 times I went. I have studied history, acting, business, and IT. I know these things about South America because of research I have done during and after a class about modern South America. You can call me ignorant all you like, but you and I both know the truth.

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 2013, 15:18.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

32. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 2, 2013, 22:48 Agent.X7

NewMaxx wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 21:24:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 18:46:
And don't get me started on the CIA. Those guys have been royal cockups from the start. Let's put Castro in power! Whoops. Let's train Bin Laden and his Mujaheddin! Whoops. They are basically responsible for almost every terrorist act that has haunted us since WWII.

I suggest people read The Rise and Fall of the British Empire. You'll quickly realize that the US scrambled to assist and eventually take unwanted control over many of the declining colonial states that arose from European imperialism, particularly from our friends in the UK. The two examples you mention are symptomatic of pretty much how the UK (and the French, for that matter) handled colonialism up until the 1960's. The problems that exist today are largely because of those actions, they'd be far worse if the US hadn't stepped in out of necessity due to the Cold War (which Europe essentially begged for).

Seriously, read some history, people. I know it is en vogue to bash the imperial US, despite the fact that the British Empire held a quarter of the world's land and population less than a century ago. They also supported oil interests in Nigeria and royally screwed up Egypt, Iraq, etc., etc. France screwed up Vietnam, etc. The world was a mess before the US even got involved and would be much worse had it been left to anarchy (considering cannibalism was rampant in Africa until colonization, for example).

Is Snowden a traitor? He certainly committed treason - do the ends justify the means? It would be impossible for him to come back to the United States. However, turning again to history, emigres were common throughout the political age and are nothing new. There may come a time when he could return, and even afar he can be influential.

You can disagree with me, but I HAVE read history. A lot of it. And I'm telling you, the CIA is a string of fuckups all throughout history. I can't disagree that most nations that had colonies also fucked over the world. France, Spain, Portugal, Britain - they all exploited and destroyed their fair share.

Don't get me wrong, we have done some good things. Not lately, but in the not so distant past. We just can't expect the world to look at the good things and ignore the bad things. Or rather, we do expect that but shouldn't.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

30. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 2, 2013, 22:37 Agent.X7

Yosemite Sam wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 20:30:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 18:41:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 16:06:
Haha, name me a South American country that respects human rights.

Really? ... wow... just, wow.

And...still waiting for you to name ONE.

... You are gay.

Welcome to ignore, for the ignorant!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

29. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 2, 2013, 22:36 Agent.X7

Sepharo wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 19:28:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 19:02:

Haha, name me a South American country that respects human rights. And Russia isn't exactly a paragon of freedom and human rights.

Snowden's problem is that he isn;t a traitor, but 90% of the people who swear to uphold our Constitution ARE traitors, and they are ready to squash him like a bug to protect their power.

United States - Holds Asylum of a known CIA paid terrorist bomber Luis Pasada Carriles. Pasada was recruited by the CIA and BOMBED a cuban airliner, killing 76 innocent people in 1976.

Venezuela - Demands that the U.S. extradite Pasada for trial, but the U.S. refuses.

Venezuela said if Snowden were to reside in their country, they would only hand him over on the grounds that the U.S. hands over a known protected terrorists like Pasada that actually committed a real crime.

Look up history, the CIA and the U.S. government for YEARS subverted South American countries, going as far as installing dictators that went on killing rampages of their citizens. So I'd say the South American countries, at their core now, are highly resilient to illegal espionage by the U.S.

So that should give you a clue why South American countries, in the past, had governments that abused Human Rights.

Do you follow the international news much? All the governments in South America still have human rights abuse going on.

Brazil, while claiming to eradicate wage-slaves, has freed less than 2000 of the millions of them working on sugar plantations. Why? Because POLITICIANS. Police frequently torture people, and nothing is really done about it.

Venezuela? Yeah, a living paradise on earth. Chavez never once violated the human rights guarantees that HIS OWN FUCKING CONSTITUTION GURANTEED THE VENEZUELAN PEOPLE. Oh, wait. Yes he did, every damn day of his rule. Don't forget the awesomeness that is Caracas, a city where you are three times more likely to be murdered than in Cartel run Juarez Mexico. Number 6 in the world for muder rate baby, yeah!

Well that's two down, just 12 more to go until your generalization is correct.

How about instead of your useless sarcasm you give us an example of a wonderful human rights beacon in South America.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 2, 2013, 19:02 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2179 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo