Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 1975 (Pro)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2013, 17:33 Agent.X7

You guys got me all excited to play a game I wasn't even looking forward to. And now I only have 5 more hours until I can play it. Blah.

Speaking of GTA V, the number of customers just realizing today that they need 8GB to play the game is staggering. We sold out of all 360 HDDs and memory sticks in an hour.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed
35. Re: BF4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed Sep 17, 2013, 17:31 Agent.X7

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 14:21:
Verno wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 14:08:
siapnar wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 14:04:
Although BF4 is highly derivative of BF3, look at it this way:

If BF4 was a giant DLC package for BF3, how much would it cost? I'd say with the amount of content they're providing it would be pretty close to retail.
The downside with it coming out as the next iteration is that you can't play it in conjunction with the BF3 maps to add variety.

For me it depends on the quality of the maps, that's why I'm just going to wait and see. BF3 had some really bad ones in the default pack and I felt like the game only really came into its own with the B2K and AK stuff.

Well, hopefully the netcode is better this time around, but even if it's not I'm most likely going to get BF4. BF3 is simply too much fun, and most of the little changes in BF4 look great.

Also, Caspian Border is one of the greatest maps in any game, ever, imo. Default BF3 map. Of course metro is one of the worst maps ever, so it evens out.

Metro is awesome if played on Rush with no more than 32 players. Unfortunately, a lot of servers thought it would be a fun 64 player CQ map, which it is not. It wasn't designed for that.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2013, 12:18 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 11:44:
Mine's out for delivery today. Gotta work until 6 though. Sigh

Heh, working until 8PM, own a video games store, and I STILL have to wait until I get home. That's torture. (Only have PS2/360 hooked up at the store for testing used games.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
49. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 16, 2013, 15:49 Agent.X7

OK, just signed up for the crew. Not sure what that means, but I'm in the STEAM group as well, so I figured WTF. I wasn't planning on getting GTA V, but I decided to have my distributor send me an extra PS3 copy just so I can check out what is arguably the most anticipated game this year. I didn't much like IV, however. Maybe because I played the ultra shitty PC port. Yeah, your 590 GTX and i7 processor mean nothing to us! Have some choppy framerates, stupid PC customer!

I made sure my stuff was friends and crew so you people could abuse me.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 15, 2013, 12:09 Agent.X7

And this is where we are headed. You can now be arrested at any time, for anything if someone in charge decides they don't like what you are doing. All they have to do is call it some form of terrorism.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Timothy Zahn's Parallax Kickstarter
11. Re: Timothy Zahn's Parallax Kickstarter Sep 14, 2013, 16:16 Agent.X7

We have NOTHING, but, but...TIMOTHY ZAHN! You love him, right? Give us MONEY!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2013, 13:56 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 11:33:
This is the kind of problem where you just sigh, suck it up, and get yourself a brand new system.

This is why I stopped building my own. I was in my second run through college a few years ago, and mine was wacking out like this. By that time I was married, had a kid, 5 hours of homework, 5 or 6 hours of classes, I was in a band, and I kind of wanted time to maybe play some games. I said F it and bought an Alienware.

Now, anytime there is an issue, Dell has to deal with it. My last desktop they replaced the video card 3 times and the mobo, CPU, and PSU once. Sent a tech to do the work. I know everyone likes to bitch about how expensive they are, but I have priced out putting a system with the same or similar parts together myself, and it's never more than $200 cheaper. I figure that $200 is my piece of mind for not having to worry about it dying. Hell, I could dump a cup of coffee on it and Dell would replace the whole system.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 13, 2013, 12:17 Agent.X7

Digitalfiend wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 11:37:
Those small visual differences between the PS3 and XBox releases is one of the reasons I never picked up (and missed out on) Red Dead Redemption. The PS3 version looked noticeably inferior to the XBox version...though admittedly LA Noire looked pretty good on it.

It seems like Sony really did an awesome job designing the PS4.

What the hell are you talking about? You passed on an awesome game because you thought it looked better on the 360? It looks pretty much the same on both systems.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Titanfall Trailer
5. Re: Titanfall Trailer Sep 12, 2013, 23:16 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 22:38:
Tumbler wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 22:27:
Just FYI, not a launch title.

June 1, 2014 is listed on amazon but who knows if that is true. This game looks fantastic but don't buy a 180 for this. (yet)

Already a confirmed pc release.

Yeah, would so rather play a shooter on PC anyway. I'm hoping they either do a PC version of Destiny or someone comes out with a real good PS4 mouse.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Titanfall Trailer
2. Re: Titanfall Trailer Sep 12, 2013, 21:37 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 21:27:
Isn't Titfall MP only anyway? Look like a reskinned COD to me.

Considering it's made by the Modern Warfare devs, that's not surprising. Looks cool to me, as long as it's not as spazzy as the COd series ended up. MW/MW2/WoW were good, but then it got stupid as a yearly thing.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2013, 12:26 Agent.X7

Haha, Jimmy Kimmel trolled the internet, again. I can't actually think of anybody putting out funnier stuff right now.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > New Riddick Game Plans
5. Re: New Riddick Game Plans Sep 10, 2013, 22:30 Agent.X7

Just saw the new Riddick movie yesterday and was commenting that I wished they'd do another game as well.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements
52. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 14:28 Agent.X7

Lord Tea wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 01:51:
So, they recommend an AMD six-core CPU. AFAIK only the highest end intel CPUs have six cores

No, AMD procs have 6 cores as well, hell they even have 8 core ones now. They are nowhere near as good as the newest i7 6 cores, but they are around.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284

$200 for an 8 core AMD on Newegg.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

51. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 14:25 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 13:50:
Razumen wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 13:41:
You don't know that, once games start being ported from PS3/XB1 with higher detailed textures it's very well possible that 2+ gigabytes of vram will start becoming the norm for high end performance.

Err exactly, no one knows that, that's the whole point of "foreseeable future" portion of my comment. Right now and well into 2014 at least it's not going to make a discernible difference. Hopefully in late 2014 or early 2015 we'll start seeing true next gen titles land. I'm not sure texture detail is where things are lacking anyways though. It's not a question of if, it's a question of when. People are fine with a 2GB video card for awhile yet.

Depends on what you play. A lot of choppy fps on MMOs is because every single character has a different texture set. GW2 WvW will lag all to hell during a zerg unless you have a ton of VRAM or turn the settings down. That's why the implemented the lower settings that make most people look like the guy from Assassin's Creed during moments when there are a ton of people on screen.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2013, 13:03 Agent.X7

Blue, a site (guessing it's for your ads) called c.berstad.com keeps hanging and not letting me view the actual website. I get the ads and a blank, blue page. I have to refresh a bunch of times for it to let me see the actual page.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Liberation HD Announced
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Liberation HD Announced Sep 10, 2013, 12:58 Agent.X7

I was playing it when it came out. It's pretty amazing for a hand held game. I thought it was better than Brotherhood, which I couldn't get into after finishing 2. Of course, I never played 3 or Revelations because, frankly, the whole series bores me to tears now.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

22. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 9, 2013, 23:49 Agent.X7

I guess I am alone in not minding these embedded tweets. 1920 x1200 27" screen with the browser on half the screen and they don't bother me nor do they seem overly large.

I don't see any reason to buy the digital deluxe version. Already pre-ordered both the game and the premium membership. Hell, I bought a new PC just so that BF4 would play well on the highest settings. And I'm renting a server. Clearly I like these games, lol. But, yeah, digital deluxe tags on another 10 bucks for what? 3 gold battlepacks, whatever they are.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 9, 2013, 13:31 Agent.X7

I think they are removing the OLED screen to make it cheaper. Sony is really into getting people to adopt the Vita for use with the PS4, and one way they are doing it is by offering cheaper and cheaper Vitas.

I won't get rid of my AC special edition white Vita now because I too love the OLED screen.

Also been playing Dragon's Crown. It's something to do between customers, but it's not fantastic or anything. My biggest bitch about the Vita is still the lack of quality titles. Uncharted was awesome, Sly Cooper was really good, but I haven't really seen anything since that made me really want it. I've been playing th ebeta of Killzone Mercs and it's really "meh."

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Weapon Customization Details, Video
5. Re: Battlefield 4 Weapon Customization Details, Video Sep 7, 2013, 16:18 Agent.X7

The only thing I don't like is that they still seem to be limiting you unrealistically. My real PS90 has a light on the right, a laser on the left, and the USG dot sight on the top. Why can't my in-game P90 have the same? Why do I have to choose between light and laser?

I know it's a game design choice, but I dislike it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
77. Re: Op Ed Sep 7, 2013, 01:20 Agent.X7

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 23:11:
HAHAHAHAHA, acting like adults, hahahahahaha. Good one. Have you met many adults lately? I own a retail store. My 3 year old acts more civilized than 75% of my customers. I'm sure Batman can tell you just how adults act as well. I know a few LEOs, and they love humanity in all of it's colorful "adulthood."

As a matter of fact, I met at least two on Tuesday: the CEO and COO of my employer, the former of whom wanted to meet and check in with me after I had a major anxiety attack at work and had gone on leave of absence. Prior to that meeting I was not sure I wanted to return to my job, but they were both so kind, conscientious, appreciative of my contributions to the agency and my work with our clients, genuinely concerned for my well being, and sincere in their desire that I come back, preferably in a management capacity, that I walked out of our administrative office feeling validated, appreciated, and intent on returning. These two adults have their head on their shoulders, their priorities straight, and want nothing more than to serve the vulnerable population are agency works with and to look out for the employees of the agency. So yes, I've met some adults recently, and while an experience that positive is rare, basic adult civility is not.

And even if a lot of people are classless shitbags, that hardly gives public figures permission to be even bigger classless shitbags, which seems to be the jist of your argument.

As for Krahulik's charitable donations, that's great and all but I've always felt uneasy with PA's motivations for such things. Back when Child's Play started a decade ago, they made it pretty damn clear that they were doing it just to show the world that gamers aren't a bunch of murdering psychopaths, i.e. it wasn't for the kids, it was to improve the public image of the "culture" of which they were a part: any kindness was purely incidental.

Oh brother, here we go. Have you ever seen the episode of Friends where Joey tells Pheobe that nobody ever does anything that is not selfish? That's your argument. If you've ever donated to charity, it was for selfish reasons. Because it made you feel good to help someone out, or it made you look good, or whatever. I could give two flying fucks WHY they started Child's Play. What I do care about is that it helps kids in fucked up situations.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

1975 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo