Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2367 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2014, 13:26 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 13:02:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 12:54:
Does anyone else getting some problems when trying to access Blues?
I am not sure if the website was down this morning or was it my internet connection at work, but I couldn't access the site for about an hour today and pretty much most of the morning yesterday.

Bounced today and I'm pretty sure yesterday, too.

Pretty much everyday during certain time periods.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 16, 2014, 13:04 Agent.X7

harlock wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 12:15:
i thought the LED was supposed to be a feedback device for games, like a health meter or something

It shines off your fingers so you can see the light, if it's not directly shining off of the TV. I have a 55" LG and I can see the LED reflecting off of the bottom if I don't sit just right. And I'm over 10' away.

It is cool in some games. The upcoming Tomb Raider re-release uses it like a torch, with flickering orange, red, and yellow. It just needs to be a bit dimmer.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Next Hitman Game Detailed
9. Re: Next Hitman Game Detailed Jan 16, 2014, 12:59 Agent.X7

I must be the only guy here who thought Absolution was an absolute blast to play. First Hitman game I have liked in a long time.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Update Next Week
4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Update Next Week Jan 15, 2014, 12:54 Agent.X7

Scarlet won't be done until March, but yeah, can't wait. The holiday patch was same old same old, so I haven't played in a while.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2014, 13:34 Agent.X7

The Thrawn trilogy was great when it was released. Tight oversight from Lucasfilm and a good writer made it worth the read, but the end was slightly anti-climactic. Everything since has pretty much been shit unless you are a die-hard fan. The prequels were mostly shit. If they could have cut out Anakin and Jar Jar and, well, any tie to the old movies and just had Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Maul? That would have been good. Lucas's desire to flash all sorts of fan winks with strange connections just ruined it. Darth vader built C3PO on Tattooine? Chewie knew Yoda, Boba Fett's dad was the Storm Trooper clone model? Holy hack writing, Batman!

Sadly, Lucas is the king of Retcon. If you read his original novelizations of the trilogy and watch early interviews the background was NOT what was shown in ep 1-3. Face it, the guy who once said it was all about the story and the special effects were nothing without a good story went and forgot he even said that and made a movie entirely about the effects and merchandising.

The Mouse House can't do worse, but I have doubts they can do better. This coming from a guy who hated Star Trek until JJ got a hold of it and loved the original Wars trilogy.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 13, 2014, 21:36 Agent.X7

J wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 19:46:
Cutter wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 17:00:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 14:03:
Cutter wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 13:46:
I love lemon-lime Gatorade, but let's face it, kool-aid with salt is no big secret.

There's no salt in Gatorade, only electrolytes.

I'm guessing you were being sarcastic as salt is an electrolyte.

Watch Idiocracy, and then return to this thread once you're up to speed.

LOL. I think most of the replies up to that point were Idiocracy quotes. Blue really set the tone there.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2014, 17:46 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 17:04:
PHJF wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 15:29:
Lot of hate on GRRM. The guy has written five (long) books and I've loved every word of it. He can have all the time he wants.

Not hate, frustration. Dude, just get it the fuck done already. 18 years to deliver 5 books isn't exactly productive. At this rate it'll be 5 more years - at least - before the series is done.

Exactly. Obviously we love his books, but come on. He spends more time fucking about than writing. Even Robert Jordan, who wrote fairly slowly at times, put out more books in a 20 year period.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2014, 14:46 Agent.X7

Prez wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 13:11:
Verno wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 09:31:
Haha yeah, good luck with that. Gave up on Martin a long time ago, guy has terrible work habits. Blogs a billion times about football, pizza and attending conventions but takes 5 years to finish a book.

No one was as bad as Robert Jordan. He was just out of control. He kept padding his Wheel series with tons upon tons of fluff. Entire books were written where virtually nothing happened. I gave up in disgust after the ninth book. If I had to read about one more paragraph about pointless and utterly meaningless plotlines with pointless, ancillary people... Or had to sit through just one more never-ending sequence where two of his ridiculously caricatured female characters had a battle of wits to see who could be the bigger cunt...ARGH! I have never wasted so much time turning pages wishing something - ANYTHING! - interesting would happen. He destroyed an extremely promising series; the ending of the sixth book was possibly the best, most satisfying ending to a book I had ever read. Even then, if he cut out the meaningless, boring parts ,that really should have been the ending of the FOURTH book.

I love Robert Jordan, but yeah. If he'd have saved all those plots and characters that really had no bearing on the main story, maybe put them in their own books later on, he could have done the whole thing in 6 books tops. And as much as I love his writing, half the time he'd switch to a character and I would be like "who the fuck IS this?" and have to look it up online. Oh, some damn character he introduced 3 books ago that we haven't heard from since. OK, how was I supposed to remember this person?

Martin? I firmly believe he is letting the show writers go on without him. He will NEVER finish Song of Ice and Fire before he dies. I don't even watch the show. I didn't like it. I love the books, but he will maybe get one more out before he dies. Brandon Sanderson will probably have to finish his series too.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 13, 2014, 14:34 Agent.X7

Pigeon wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 14:03:
Cutter wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 13:46:
I love lemon-lime Gatorade, but let's face it, kool-aid with salt is no big secret.

There's no salt in Gatorade, only electrolytes.

What are electrolytes? Do you even know?

It's what they use to make Brawndo?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2014, 18:45 Agent.X7

I happen to agree with the court. LIBEL, people. Anonymous assholes destroying your business reputation with negative reviews that have no basis? You can be sued for that, and so you must be identified. Big Shocker. Too many people use anonymity to act like giant assholes on the Internet and think that there will never be consequences.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

33. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2014, 18:25 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 17:01:
harlock wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 14:28:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 14:04:
harlock wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 14:02:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 13:56:
I would be so interested to read what the mechanism is that causes this someday.

its called DNA

Yes, but how exactly.

It is constantly recording the events of your life and self-replicating throughout your body, then its passed along by sexual reproduction

So, you're saying that something as ephemeral as an accent is recorded in our DNA? If that were the case, why wouldn't entire languages be recorded? If you got whacked on the head, you should be waking up speaking Chinese, not English with a Chinese accent.

There are only a few hundred recorded cases, and many of them haven't been taken seriously by doctors. Look up Foreign Accent Syndrome. Doctors assume it's a joke, pretty much. They attribute it to slurring words due to a stroke or head trauma, but in this case it appears the woman has a very specific regional Scottish accent, and it's from the region her ancestors were from.

There are some reported cases of people waking up from head trauma with the ability to speak another language, but again, Doctors do not take these people seriously.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2014, 13:59 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 13:46:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 13:22:
I just read an article about genetic memory yesterday - I guess they think they found something in the genome - so it's interesting to read about this lady who had a head injury and started speaking like her ancestors. (Wish I could find that article, a search turned up nothing from yesterday...)

Cool. Could you find that link? I've read about racial memory for years and find it fascinating. Hell it's what the entire Ass Creed series is about. It's amazing to think we have millenia of data stored inside us.

Sorry, it was on Google Currents yesterday, and I cannot find it online now. (Read currents on my phone)

Also, this is awesome and I want one, though I don't have an iPhone.
http://tinyurl.com/qgn2vc6
How soon until this is on your favorite procedural show?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2014, 13:31 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 13:25:
So we are starting to "thaw" here in Minneapolis, to the point where you can go outside without dying - and I was going to mention something I forgot about 2 days ago.

Have other metropolitan areas started going to this slurry/liquid based stuff to put on the road like they have here? I was noticing the other day as I was driving around, that there is a base temp that the stuff is no longer effective. They say somewhere around 5 degrees F it quits working. Well, no put that at -10, and the roads turned into a fuggin ice rink! It was hilarious! I wonder if people who wrecked their cars are going to sue. It was insane. Every 40-50 feet on the highway and overpasses there were skid marks and tons of debris where you could see where people hit the highwall....unreal....morons running the world....

LOL. So, throwing warm water on your window to get rid of the ice - that's the stupid level you're dealing with? I mean, slurry that stops working at 5 degrees would be great for, like, The Carolinas, Georgia maybe?

Minneapolis? Dude, you need to find out who made that decision and arrest them for criminal stupidity.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2014, 13:22 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 13:11:
Image and video tags might be a good addition. Apart from that it's all good.

And that accent story is weird. Imagine being the woman who woke up with a Chinese accent. Damn man! Everyone would think you're just a huge racist asshole. You'd have to learn Mandarin or Cantonese and then tell everyone you're from China. I'd like to wake up with a German accent and start speaking like Colonel Klink.

I just read an article about genetic memory yesterday - I guess they think they found something in the genome - so it's interesting to read about this lady who had a head injury and started speaking like her ancestors. (Wish I could find that article, a search turned up nothing from yesterday...)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 8, 2014, 17:34 Agent.X7

Don't Starve is HARD! I'm having fun, but I have died a ton of times.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking
22. Re: Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking Jan 8, 2014, 00:33 Agent.X7

PHJF wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 23:22:
Sound Blaster Z, it was on sale for $60 a couple months ago but runs ~85-100 on the norm.

Second this. Have one. Replaced an older SB card. Sounds great, and the mic is cool.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Russia Orders Drop 'Pirate' Jan 8, 2014, 00:29 Agent.X7

The Jack Sparrow Party

There's a Captain in there, mate.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Division Not Coming This Year?
7. Re: The Division Not Coming This Year? Jan 8, 2014, 00:26 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 23:32:
Grr, that sucks. Oh well, hope it's worth the wait.

Agreed. So looking forward to this, but I'd rather it came out late and wowed us rather than released early and shit the bed.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Multiplayer Shooter Evolve Revealed
5. Re: Multiplayer Shooter Evolve Revealed Jan 7, 2014, 19:24 Agent.X7

Task wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 16:38:
The cover for Evolve, showing the monster holding astronaut marine person, reminds me of the second book in the Leviathan series, Caliban's War.

Dunno, read those on Kindle.

What i find funny is if you look at the cover and then scroll down to the alien picture...yeah, what a shocker! The design is a complete rip of Geiger's Alien.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Announced
43. Re: Alien: Isolation Revealed Jan 7, 2014, 18:36 Agent.X7

InBlack wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 18:10:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 18:03:
Krovven wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 17:41:
TangledThorns wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 14:40:
Looks promising but so did Colonial Marines. That being said, 20th Century Fox should sue Gearbox for damaging the ALIEN franchise.

And who is going to sue Fox for damaging the Alien franchise with Aliens 4, AvP and AvP2 movies?

For me it's Alien and Aliens and then the series was done. Same with Terminator.

Besides, after Aliens more than half of all sci-fi movie pitches started out with "It's like Aliens, but..."

Just like Die Hard did with action films.

Unfortunately, most of those pitches should have ended with "...but it sucks."

It's like Die Hard, except it's on a boat, and the main character is a woman, and...IT SUCKS!

Well, OK, most of the Aliens ones are more like:

It's like Aliens, except it takes plac eon this other planet, and a ship, and it has these creatures, and these guys with guns...no, wait, you're right, it's pretty much Aliens...but it SUCKS!

Agreed. The first AvP game though was fucking excellent. Too bad that the movie was a PG13 cashgrab piece of shit...

Yup, the first game was awesome. The Dark Horse comics weren't too bad either. The movie ignored any and all source material and was horrible.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2367 Comments. 119 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo